• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

Jhoan

You have to make an account to vote?! That kind of sucks. I don't want Taco Bell blowing up my inbox with crap so I'll make a temporary email account on guerrillamail.

Is there anyone else in the contest that has his social media pull or is he almost certain to win? I voted today. Is it once every 24 hours or does the count reset at midnight even if it was less than 24 hours since the last vote?

Is there anyone else in the contest that has his social media pull or is he almost certain to win? I voted today. Is it once every 24 hours or does the count reset at midnight even if it was less than 24 hours since the last vote?

Mark my words: Some dude that's more popular than Dan in non-gaming circles will win it and everybody here is going to be bummed.

That being said, I'd love to be wrong.

Dineren

Banned

I believe that the 10 with the most votes go to the next round and then the winner is chosen by Taco Bell from that group so having the most votes won't necessarily win it.

Futureman

getting married in a Taco Bell is beyond lame. Does he get money or something for doing this? Or the prize is just "you get married in a Taco Bell"?

Mark my words: Some dude that's more popular than Dan in non-gaming circles will win it and everybody here is going to be bummed.

That being said, I'd love to be wrong.

I think the people with the top ten votes make it to the next round and then the winner is chosen by a panel of judges.

Here are what the judges are looking for "The Judges will score the entries according to the following weighted criteria: (i) Creativity and Charisma: 40%; (ii) Love of the Brand: 30%; and (iii) Public Appeal: 30% (“Judging Criteria”)."

Hopefully they pick him.

HvySky

getting married in a Taco Bell is beyond lame. Does he get money or something for doing this? Or the prize is just "you get married in a Taco Bell"?

I mean, maybe for you. Dan and Bianca seem pretty excited about it though.

Voted. Follow your dreams, Ryckert!

but I don't want to sign up for a taco bell account

I guess 10minutemail comes in handy here, I don't want a fucking taco bell account. The fuck is wrong with you people.

Awww i don't want to login :(
someone vote for me pls

You have to make an account to vote?! That kind of sucks. I don't want Taco Bell blowing up my inbox with crap so I'll make a temporary email account on guerrillamail.

I want you to know that I read every one of these in Dan's baby-talk voice that infuriates Jason.

Lgndryhr

Me too. Can't get anything to show up in the voting "box".

I can't either. When I go to Taco Bell's homepage it says this:

"Our menu is currently down

Either our system is having problems or you don't have web storage enabled. So if you were trying to find a taco to eat, make sure that private browsing is turned off or just try again later. However, if you were trying to find a taco to watch fall on its face...then welcome."

So perhaps issues.

MageBoySA

Don't forget to enter the contest too, if Dan wins, you get to crash his wedding if you win the contest. I feel like Dan would approve of a Dan fan crashing his Taco Bell wedding.

hobozero

Any way to see current results? Is the page sorted by votes already?

I remember reading that they will take like the top 10 results and then pick manually - probably standard troll defense stragey

Signed up and voted for Dan least I could do for all the amazing entertainment all these years.
Don't you have a separate spam email that you use for this kind of stuff?

Ok apperently you can vote once a day?
Ok lets do this think GB GAF :D

KJVPHo3.png

I can't either. When I go to Taco Bell's homepage it says this:

"Our menu is currently down

Either our system is having problems or you don’t have web storage enabled. So if you were trying to find a taco to eat, make sure that private browsing is turned off or just try again later. However, if you were trying to find a taco to watch fall on its face…then welcome."

So perhaps issues.

Yeah same here. Tried it on a few different machines and phone and tablet. Shits borked.

Jhoan

Signed up and voted for Dan least I could do for all the amazing entertainment all these years.

Don't you have a separate spam email that you use for this kind of stuff?

Ok apperently you can vote once a day?
Ok lets do this think GB GAF :D

KJVPHo3.png

Yeah, I have a novelty email that I use for stuff like this which I used to sign up. I just did my part and voted. I like how there's an older couple in the contest but they're not social media savvy because they don't have tweets at Taco Bell. It's cool to see some LGBT couples in the contest as well but in the end, there can only be one winner. Go Ryckert! Go!

For people worried about spam, I signed up for a Taco Bell account a while ago (maybe a few months?) and I've never gotten a single email from them.

Voted today. Keep it up, everyone!

Top Bottom