• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert's Campaign To Get Married At Vegas Taco Bell (He Won)

Mechazawa

OK. I still don't get it, but OK.

Video game man solicits gaming community to help him put on big, stupid wedding.

Do you go in and complain "how is this relevant to video games!" when industry veterans have threads dedicated to their medical illnesses?

Someone get a good Ryckert clip

410526.jpg

Vitacat

Video game man solicits gaming community to help him put on big, stupid wedding.

Do you go in and complain "how is this relevant to video games!" when industry veterans have threads dedicated to their medical illnesses?

What...? o_O

I knew I would regret even asking. Honestly, everyone just carry on with the thread.

Vitacat

trying to backseat mod is also kinda dumb
I get that apparently this person is important to some of you, but not everyone even knows who he is. I think my question was totally legitimate, and I think I got my answer.

As pop GAF have said to me before when asking who apparently famous person is - Google is your friend.
Google would not really have answered my question, though. Anyway, I got my answer. Carry on with the thread.

EDIT: I just googled him. I think we may have different ideas of what famous means.

I get that apparently this person is important to some of you, but not everyone even knows who he is. I think my question was totally legitimate, and I think I got my answer.

As pop GAF have said to me before when asking who apparently famous person is - Google is your friend.

Why would everyone need to know who he is? There is plenty of GAF content (on the gaming side alone) that bears no meaning to certain Members. But clearly, this thread is relevant to a lot of people's interests.

Dan is a games media personality and this is a story where he is front and center. There is no better place for it than on the gaming side of NeoGAF.

Don't act like all we talk about on NeoGAF is video games themselves. This is a culture and interest forum. If it relates to games and people care about it, it's relevant.

Got

Banned
Just watched Dan and his fiance's twitter video plead to be part of the contest, and that was kind of frightening.

I'm all for them doing what they want(and Taco Bell should be their choice if they desire), but at a certain point this has twisted into something that really doesn't seem to be about the wedding at all anymore, which is a shame.

or maybe, they do their wedding how they want and don't worry about how you or anyone else judges their wishes for their wedding. fucking trash opinion you got there

jambo

I don't know half the games, devs or journos that get threads on this forum.

If I'm interested I'll Google or ask.

Que?

v0yce

Just watched Dan and his fiance's twitter video plead to be part of the contest, and that was kind of frightening.

I'm all for them doing what they want(and Taco Bell should be their choice if they desire), but at a certain point this has twisted into something that really doesn't seem to be about the wedding at all anymore, which is a shame.

Isn't this the guy who totes a giant image of himself to wrestling shows? Attention seems high on his list of priorities.

louiedog

He's a blue collar hard working man of the people not a fancy foodie snob yuppie living in San Francisco or New York.

I used to know someone who genuinely held this opinion of Krispy Kreme vs Dunkin' Donuts.

This was funny to me because she was the daughter of multi-millionaire real estate developers in a moderate sized city where there weren't any Krispy Kremes and felt like Dunkin Donuts must be the donut chain of the people. Meanwhile my economically shrinking rust belt town was full of Krispy Kremes and I didn't even know where the closest Dunkin was.

Hey, everyone been a fucking idiot in a selection of the posts above me... stop being fucking idiots. Thanks.

Also, try harder to not gradually turn into an asshole the more you post in this thread. I guess it is hard to hide your true colours if you just keep on typing.

phant0m

Giant Bombcast - Dan's Egg Whites
It's either the best clip or the worst. You decide.
And egg whites was the second suggestion after giant bomb when I started typing Dan Ryckert on youtube =)

I have the utmost respect for that man for even telling this story. Dan Ryckert has no shame.

And you know what? Sometimes I think if we were all a little more Dan and a little less bitter and cynical, the world would be a better place: Dan's a happy guy that knows what he likes and has fun. Shouldn't we all?

spiritfox

I have the utmost respect for that man for even telling this story. Dan Ryckert has no shame.

And you know what? Sometimes I think if we were all a little more Dan and a little less bitter and cynical, the world would be a better place: Dan's a happy guy that knows what he likes and has fun. Shouldn't we all?

We should all embrace our inner Dan.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I guess 10minutemail comes in handy here, I don't want a fucking taco bell account. The fuck is wrong with you people.

Still putting in the vote though. This is Dan's ultimate destiny.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I can see why they were apprehensive about letting Dan participate, he's going to get like 99.9% of the vote.

Top Bottom