• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_XMX

Inanna said:
Oh tell me about it. A lot of people encourage their teen daughters to go out there and have a baby just so they can get a bigger house and money from the government. Its messed up.

Same thing happens here... I know a girl whos 19 is at school and has been given a goverment flat becos she has a kid... and I know several like that... IT REALLY pisses me off!! :mad:!!!! I guess it happens from where ever your from lolol is that us or uk ?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
DJ_XMX said:
Gibraltar here ... british colony.... xD I see the similarities then
Ah, I guessed you were either in the UK or one of the British Colonies the moment you said you guys have Morrison's where you live.

kturtle0313

Neo Member
AgentWhiskers said:
Just out of curiosity and excuse me if this has already been asked but are there any moms on GAF? I ask because I'm always seeing fathers on GAF but never mothers. Where mom-GAF at?

I'm a mom....that is probably why it took me a while to see this question ;D

ronitoswife

Neo Member
AgentWhiskers said:
Awesome! I feel like I just spotted a unicorn. Excuse me while I bask.

The cutest faces in my world!
np545g.jpg
[/IMG]

SouSouRocket said:
I don't have any kids but can we have baby-crazy-GAF? XP Waiting to finish law school first...

I'm definitely excited for kids, my sister just had her 2nd, so I do tend to get a little baby fever. I've been with my dude for 7 years now, not married, but might as well be. I guess we'll just take it as it comes, I just started my own business this year so it's not real conducive to starting a family, but it will be, someday.

Nintendoll said:
I'm definitely excited for kids, my sister just had her 2nd, so I do tend to get a little baby fever. I've been with my dude for 7 years now, not married, but might as well be. I guess we'll just take it as it comes, I just started my own business this year so it's not real conducive to starting a family, but it will be, someday.

What kind of business, if you don't mind me asking?

timetokill said:
What kind of business, if you don't mind me asking?

I started a food truck! Its crazy and absolutely exhausting, but its awesome and I love it. We just got written up in the paper here in LA and things have been really picking up, it's all really surreal :)

Nintendoll said:
I started a food truck! Its crazy and absolutely exhausting, but its awesome and I love it. We just got written up in the paper here in LA and things have been really picking up, it's all really surreal :)

Awesome! I'm in Los Angeles too -- food truck capital it seems. Best of luck!!
I'll come check it out sometime if it's ever near me. Try and bring it by Santa Monica/3rd Street Promenade sometime during the middle of the week and I'll guarantee a visit :)

It's funny. I have a million names picked out for kids that I don't ever want to have. I suppose I just like figuring out cute names.

I'm only 21 but I'm pretty sure I don't ever want kids. I'd much rather have a herd of puppies than kids, even if it means I get weird looks.

Pinko Marx said:
Girl-GAF, are there any celebrities that you would go lezbo for?

So many. Some of my earliest crushes are Lucy Lawless and Grace Jones.

Current ones would have to include Christina Hendricks (dem titties), Beyonce(dem legs), Salma Hayek (dat everything), and a few others. Cote de Pablo is another big one of mine.

Question for my fellow gals, am I the only one who loathes Sex and the City?

Pinko Marx said:

2s4nobj07ioy4soo.jpg

This poster is allowed up in my room for a reason.

Devolution said:

Never watched it. I can say that I loathe all the adverts for it, though. I really tend to dislike things that are marketed directly towards women. Most romantic comedies make me nauseous. They're just so corny. And cosmo is just plain insulting at times, though it can be good for a laugh.

rataven

Pinko Marx said:
Kate Winslet, Tina Fey, Sade. I definitely wouldn't kick any of them out of my bed :)

Devolution said:
I watched SatC back when it originally aired, and I enjoyed it well enough. I don't know how it's held up, but it was better television than some of the other shows on during that era. Except for Felicity, of course.

I am 25 years old so I still have a few years left. I definitely do want a kid before I turn 30. Why? Because I don't want to be an old frail lady when my kid is growing up, and I think 30 is a perfect age for having a kid.

30 seems like the perfect age. Any later and your chances of conceiving drop dramatically, but I don't think I'd be financially ready before then. My boyfriend keeps hinting things like "wouldn't you rather have a sports car and go on overseas trips every year?" but then he's only 19. I certainly don't want kids yet, but you know, I see it as something that will be important eventually. After the overseas trips and the sports car :p

Would definitely take on my husband's name when I get married. I'd rather not give my kids a double-barrelled name. Plus it just feels right for me. Even though my last name now is pretty kick-ass.

Aeana said:
I like drama and romance stuff the most. However, I cannot stand shoujo manga anymore outside of a few exceptions like Fruits Basket - it is far too naive for me. I just facepalm after every page. I feel similarly about shounen manga, I really just can't take that "power of believing in yourself/friendship" stuff - although unlike shoujo, I never really could get into shounen outside of the original Dragon Ball.

This is my problem with a lot of Asian romance actually. Manga, Movies, Tv shows. All of it is so naive. I feel more like I'm reading about/ watching middle schoolers instead of people in high school/ university. I've sort of given up on a lot of it.

Nana is a wonderful exception though.

Prax

shanshan310 said:
30 seems like the perfect age. Any later and your chances of conceiving drop dramatically, but I don't think I'd be financially ready before then. My boyfriend keeps hinting things like "wouldn't you rather have a sports car and go on overseas trips every year?" but then he's only 19. I certainly don't want kids yet, but you know, I see it as something that will be important eventually. After the overseas trips and the sports car :p

Would definitely take on my husband's name when I get married. I'd rather not give my kids a double-barrelled name. Plus it just feels right for me. Even though my last name now is pretty kick-ass.

This is my problem with a lot of Asian romance actually. Manga, Movies, Tv shows. All of it is so naive. I feel more like I'm reading about/ watching middle schoolers instead of people in high school/ university. I've sort of given up on a lot of it.

Nana is a wonderful exception though.

I think I might wait until 32. My mom seems to have waited until 32-33, and had her last kid at 37.. And everything was fine so... I AM SURE IT WILL WORK FOR ME TOO! I wouldn't want to start having kids too much later than 35 though.. the risk for genetic defects starts shooting up and that would be.. very stressful.

And yeah, lots of Asian romance is very... naive. But I kind of liek that in old school magical kung-fu fantasy series because I like that it's not sex-focused.. but in manga and stuff, it gets too trite and most of the girls come off as ultra nincompoops. Might be why I haven't read much manga or watched much anime lately. I want more adventure stuff with heroines so I don't have to be inundated with poorly conceived romance stuff (or can expect not to be!), but still get to watch girls kick butt.

Got an email back from that guy.

I feel so ****ing bad. :/ Jesus.

Annnnyway... anyone I would go lesbo for? Hmmm. I have to think about it for a bit and get back to you.

kisaya said:
I think I'll disappoint the Arab race and only have like 2-3 kids, hahaha.
And I will not name my son Mohammed, looooool.

My husband is trying to push for one, loooool. Can you imagine the shame? I had no idea there were so many Arabs on here :) on the subject of kids' names my husband and I both want something not too hard to pronounce but for me I want it to be undeniably Arabic. One of my friends named their poor kid Abdeljaber. And she grew up in this country. Everyone calls him AJ which is cute, but dude, spare your kid the trouble!

cloudwalking said:
oh man i totally want to change my username to "jaroshswife" now.

My initial username idea was "Mrs. Modus" and I was going to take his old rocket knight avatar and just stick a pink bow and bikini on it but he vetoed that pretty quickly. I thought it was funny!

Kitsunebaby said:
Never watched it. I can say that I loathe all the adverts for it, though. I really tend to dislike things that are marketed directly towards women. Most romantic comedies make me nauseous. They're just so corny. And cosmo is just plain insulting at times, though it can be good for a laugh.

I have caught it on TV a couple times and found it fairly entertaining but I hate the idea of it, if that makes sense. The whole "OMG I AM A WOMAN I WORSHIP SHOOOOOES" thing irritates me. I like shoes and have a lot of them but the stereotype of "I LOVE SHOES AND SINFUL, DECADENT LUSTFUL CHOCOLATE BECUZ I AM WOMAN" drives me nuts. The chocolate thing probably doesn't come up on Sex and the City, but you get what I'm saying. It's all part of the same dumb stereotype.

Ducky_McGee said:

Annnnyway... anyone I would go lesbo for? Hmmm. I have to think about it for a bit and get back to you.

Not to be a total vulture but what did he say? Was it sad or just angry?

Prax

Ducky_McGee said:

Ooh. Well, that's rough. People gotta learn some time.
I hope he wasn't too crushed or anything. Seems like he should have expected as much but just had this glimmer of hope.

Dai101 said:
Can i grab a chair and only lurk around here? I promise i'll behave
Of course! You can also provide input. It's all good!

My bf is here on GAF too :) We're a GAF couple!

Anyways I think I might have a genuine phobia of pregnancy. The very thought of having a kid, and the physical changes I'd have to go through to push one out make me ill. I'm only 24 and I figure I have plenty of time to figure out when I want a kid. I know the BF eventually wants one, but right now I'm too career focused to want to give it up for a child yet. I have the feeling you give your kids all of you, or don't have them. Otherwise you're a shitty parent.

Kisaya

Ducky_McGee said:

:( What did he say? I'm sure he'll get over it. I used to have online friends that I was once really close with as well but we all sorta moved on as well.

SouSouRocket said:
My husband is trying to push for one, loooool. Can you imagine the shame? I had no idea there were so many Arabs on here :) on the subject of kids' names my husband and I both want something not too hard to pronounce but for me I want it to be undeniably Arabic. One of my friends named their poor kid Abdeljaber. And she grew up in this country. Everyone calls him AJ which is cute, but dude, spare your kid the trouble!

Hahaha yeah I thought I was the only Arab! And oh my god lmao, Abdeljaber, I would never do that to my kid XD My friend recently had a baby girl and named her Elina, which I think is nice for a girl's name :) (She actually wanted to name her 'Alaina' but her husband preferred it with an E). I would love to give my kids Arabic names but I want to use the really uncommon ones, and also the ones that aren't as hard to pronounce. Heh, I'll see haha.

Ducky_McGee said:

Sorry to hear about the guy you had to let down. I know it was a shitty situation, but you can't feel too bad. It is not your fault. I had a very similar situation a few years back.

There was this guy I e-dated when I was 13, he lived in Canada and I got to see him when I would visit my grandparents. So in my instance he had it even worse for me since we had hung out in person. Anyways over the years we just drifted apart, we stopped e-mailing. He contacted me when I was about 19, and I had to tell him I had moved on. ALOT had changed in my life. I was in college, and I had met someone. He was pretty crushed, but you have to give them closure or else it'll just make the situation worse. Everything will turn out ok in the end. Time will heal his wounds, don't let him make you feel any guilt.

hmmmm who am I lesbian for? Definitely Mary Elizabeth Winstead. I <3 her
SCOTT-PILGRIM-Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead-as-Ramona-Flowers.jpg

kturtle0313

Neo Member
thebaroness said:
My bf is here on GAF too :) We're a GAF couple!

Anyways I think I might have a genuine phobia of pregnancy. The very thought of having a kid, and the physical changes I'd have to go through to push one out make me ill. I'm only 24 and I figure I have plenty of time to figure out when I want a kid. I know the BF eventually wants one, but right now I'm too career focused to want to give it up for a child yet. I have the feeling you give your kids all of you, or don't have them. Otherwise you're a shitty parent.

I'm a GAF couple too! My husband is on here.

I had my child young (23) or at least I felt like it was young. I think a lot of women feel that pregnancy is...not wonderful. I was actually severely allergic to my own pregnancy hormones so it was definitely disturbing to me.

kturtle0313 said:
I'm a GAF couple too! My husband is on here.

I had my child young (23) or at least I felt like it was young. I think a lot of women feel that pregnancy is...not wonderful. I was actually severely allergic to my own pregnancy hormones so it was definitely disturbing to me.

See that's the kind of thing that terrifies me. I'm terrified of the nausea, cramps, skin stretching, bloating, vaginal tearing, pooping in front of people. I honestly don't know if I can ever get through it, or if I'd just settle and adopt.

kturtle0313

Neo Member
thebaroness said:
See that's the kind of thing that terrifies me. I'm terrified of the nausea, cramps, skin stretching, bloating, vaginal tearing, pooping in front of people. I honestly don't know if I can ever get through it, or if I'd just settle and adopt.

Oh god. Without going into too much detail...most of those are not an issue. Except for Nausea....that sucks. But adoption? It has its own struggles.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
thebaroness said:
Anyways I think I might have a genuine phobia of pregnancy. The very thought of having a kid, and the physical changes I'd have to go through to push one out make me ill.

i thought i was crazy for thinking like this, but apparently i'm not the only one! the thought of pregnancy terrifies me... the whole body changes, pain, stretch marks, weight that perhaps won't go away easily, scarring, vaginal stitches, the whole nine yards...

a lot of the times if i tell this to someone who's already a mom, they're like "oh but it's all worth it once you have that little bundle of joy in your arms!" like that's gonna change my mind about it.

edit: haha, just noticed you listed almost all of the same things above :p

Satch

Banned
i watched a documentary on netflix not too long ago about natural child birth. no drugs involved!

there were women saying that giving birth naturally actually felt pretty good and that they had orgasms during... tbh that doesn't sound so bad

i wish i could remember the name :/

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
kturtle0313 said:
I'm a mom....that is probably why it took me a while to see this question ;D
Well played. :D

Professor Beef said:
Are you actually so hot n sexy, or is that a lie? :mad:
Well, I like to think that the fact that I'm a musician sort of takes care of that whole hotnsexy image, right? ...Right? :(

ronitoswife said:
The cutest faces in my world!
d'aaaaaaaaaaw! :3

cloudwalking said:
i thought i was crazy for thinking like this, but apparently i'm not the only one! the thought of pregnancy terrifies me... the whole body changes, pain, stretch marks, weight that perhaps won't go away easily, scarring, vaginal stitches, the whole nine yards...

a lot of the times if i tell this to someone who's already a mom, they're like "oh but it's all worth it once you have that little bundle of joy in your arms!" like that's gonna change my mind about it.

edit: haha, just noticed you listed almost all of the same things above :p

Hahah yeah I think we're in the same mindset. I get the same thing from people I know who think I'm crazy. They act like, "Why WOULDN'T you want to go through all that for the wonders of childbirth!" But it all just makes me shudder :( I know adoption has it's own challenges and struggles, but I think I'm more prepared for dealing with paperwork than putting my body through that.

Who knows what I'll be like in 10 years? All I know is I'm 24 now and I'm nowhere near ready for any of it.

Satchwar said:
i watched a documentary on netflix not too long ago about natural child birth. no drugs involved!

there were women saying that giving birth naturally actually felt pretty good and that they had orgasms during... tbh that doesn't sound so bad

I have no personal experience, but I've seen enough screaming women to know that sounds like horseshit.

Prax

Satchwar said:

That is very interesting...
But I am not sure I want to risk the pain of sudden vaginal tearing.. GAH. Just thinking about it made me twitch.

Wonder how I'll feel about breastfeeding. Seems like a good idea... but also seems like a huge pain in the butt to keep doing or pumping milk. Wish childrearing weren't such a chore. xD I just want babies to play with and teach and carry on my legacy!

Prax said:
That is very interesting...
But I am not sure I want to risk the pain of sudden vaginal tearing.. GAH. Just thinking about it made me twitch.

Wonder how I'll feel about breastfeeding. Seems like a good idea... but also seems like a huge pain in the butt to keep doing or pumping milk. Wish childrearing weren't such a chore. xD I just want babies to play with and teach and carry on my legacy!

AMEN! I keep saying if I could just skip the first 2 years (including the nine months carrying) I would be much more enthusiastic about having a kid. I want to converse and teach it things, but I want to skip all that diaper and breast feeding nonsense.

It doesn't help that I was just playing Catherine and fought this bitch of a boss:

61G-+0IO+oL.jpg

I had the lezbo celeb convo with a friend last night and honestly could not come up with a single chick I would... would.

NOT ONE.

I thought I was maybe a little curious but I guess not. :/

Satch

Banned
deadmeadow88 said:
I had the lezbo celeb convo with a friend last night and honestly could not come up with a single chick I would... would.

NOT ONE.

I thought I was maybe a little curious but I guess not. :/
not even scarjo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom