• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

shanshan310 said:
Once you get the hang of it the decorating is really fun too. The drinks were pretty good too. Vending Machines on every corner.. I bought so much milk tea/ canned coffee.

Random question: are you guys on the pill? I've been using it for pain since I was 14 so I probably need to take a break soon but I don't think I'd like to rely on condoms. There's that insert thing that lasts three years, but it kinda grosses me out. hm...
Well, my sister is on pill break too. Not too bad for your body to spring back into "regular operation mode" for some time. The pill does majorly mess with it after all. As far as I know local doctors actually advise on pill-breaks to reaccomodate your body with it's normal state and cycle.

Some time ago I looked into contraception that I would be comfortable with my (not yet existing) girlfriend using. Found this:
http://www.wildemeersch.com/en/home
And more effective than the pill to boot. Pretty awesome.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Inanna said:
This actually

14xchtx.jpg

Why he gotta be black?!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Professor Beef said:
Why she gotta be white?!

... Yeah, I shouldn't talk. All I've been attracting lately are white girls. I think it's just the 'scenes' I roll in, not too many non-white girls. Some first-world-problems-real-talk? Sometimes I feel like some of the girls I've gotten flirty with are mostly interested me because I am non-white. I don't know how I feel about that.

FoxSpirit

Kinitari said:
... Yeah, I shouldn't talk. All I've been attracting lately are white girls. I think it's just the 'scenes' I roll in, not too many non-white girls. Some first-world-problems-real-talk? Sometimes I feel like some of the girls I've gotten flirty with are mostly interested me because I am non-white. I don't know how I feel about that.
Why feel bad? Do you know what kind of hoopd us "rgeular" guys have to jump through to catch girls' interest? ;-)
It's like the "exchange student from Europe" bonus. Don't fight it, roll with it. Long term stuff comes from way deeper anyway and it's nice to have something that works for first contacts.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
just had to post this. i have pretty thin hair so i rarely ever put it up in a bun because it looks tiny and ridiculous. after hearing about it a couple times, i tried this yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evRFIKMZm6I

and wow, it works great! no more backcombing my hair whenever i want to make a fluffy bun out of it and then spending an hour detangling. takes two minutes but it looks like you walked out of the salon. do recommend.

Kinitari said:

I doubt they do it just because you're "non-white". They might just like your physical features more than typically caucasian ones. I'm white but I notice that I tend to find more hispanic, south asian, and east asian guys attractive than I do white guys. I just tend to prefer their facial features.

suzu

cloudwalking said:
just had to post this. i have pretty thin hair so i rarely ever put it up in a bun because it looks tiny and ridiculous. after hearing about it a couple times, i tried this yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evRFIKMZm6I

and wow, it works great! no more backcombing my hair whenever i want to make a fluffy bun out of it and then spending an hour detangling. takes two minutes but it looks like you walked out of the salon. do recommend.
This is cute. Now I need to buy a big poofy hair tie..

Don't doctors say to not be on the pill for longer than 10 years at a time?

macuser1of5 said:
yo girl gaf, accessory question...

yFUgM.jpg

My wife got this dress as a gift, and we aren't sure what kind of necklace shapes/styles go best with it, and dresses/jewelry is outside of my knowledge zone... Input?

No necklace, it'll look too busy in that area. Go for some chunky silver bangles (gold works too) or something.

lol, I should not be giving this kind of advice.. I'm terrible at anything fashion related.

ikkemenx

shanshan310 said:

No necklace, it'll look too busy in that area. Go for some chunky silver bangles (gold works too) or something.

lol, I should not be giving this kind of advice.. I'm terrible at anything fashion related.

Agreed, silver bangles if anything at all.

edit: also, I noticed a few posters expressing a disinterest in the IUD. Why is this? Poor experiences/heard bad stories?

ikkemenx said:

edit: also, I noticed a few posters expressing a disinterest in the IUD. Why is this? Poor experiences/heard bad stories?

I haven't heard anything, good or otherwise, about it. It just seems kinda creepy. I'm not sure I'd like having something stuck up me all the time like that (I don't use tampons much either). It looks hard to take out...

I'm kinda dreading having to go off the pill since I'll have to go onto something else D:
why is it supposedly dangerous to be on the pill for a long time?

shanshan310 said:
Studies say a lot of things. Like, women have to have a period every month. Or not. Or that long-term hormone use affects fertility. Or not. Don't know what the current thinking is, but it's gone back and forth more than a couple of times since the pill's invention.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
BladeWorker said:
Studies say a lot of things. Like, women have to have a period every month. Or not. Or that long-term hormone use affects fertility. Or not. Don't know what the current thinking is, but it's gone back and forth more than a couple of times since the pill's invention.
I once heard the rather uncomfortable fact that in ancient times, women didn't have a period very often, because they were pregnant most of the time :p so in that sense a woman's body might be comfortable on the pill for a long time.*

* note that I'm not a doctor nor a woman :p

BladeWorker said:

It's not about it affecting fertility. There have been studies that say that extended use of the pill might increase the likelihood of getting breast cancer. I'm not sure how worried I am about it, but my mom constantly tells me not to use it for too long, due to our family history. She tells me how stupid it is to use it during a time that I'm not even sexually active but I really needed it for hormonal issues. And since going on seasonale I've gotten used to only having 4 periods a year, and I don't ever wanna go back to 12(or 16-17 as I was doing for a while).

shanshan310 said:

that was kind of our thought as well, to offset the high neck/etc. just wanted to check in and see if was crazy or not :p

Jin34

Inanna said:
Nah not for boobs, although GAF does like em some awful looking gigantic disproportionate asses.

Most guy friends I know IRL have all been boob men, my dude does like a nice bottom but he's definitely a boob man.

I'm going to take a guess and say it's mostly white guys in you are friends with. Because where I'm from it's all about that booty.

Jin34 said:
I'm going to take a guess and say it's mostly white guys in you are friends with. Because where I'm from it's all about that booty.
I've found a correlation between having Latin descent and the love of booty. I don't mess around with flat butts.

This is the first I've heard of such negative things about IUDs. The three people I've met (that I know of...) who used them all thought they were great. More or less hassle-free and effective.

Jin34

SteveWinwood said:
This is the first I've heard of such negative things about IUDs. The three people I've met (that I know of...) who used them all thought they were great. More or less hassle-free and effective.

All forms of birth control have a low chance of side effects, but when you do get them they are pretty bad.

ikkemenx said:

I agree about the dress but I dress like a teenager so I'm not good with real fashion advice, haha. I'm trying to transition to "Misses" or whatever it is that comes between high school fashion and old woman clothes but it's rough D: Juniors stuff looks too young a lot of the time now but women's stuff is so matronly. And now I have to wear a suit to work half the week so I relish wearing t-shirts and hoodies now when I get the chance.

Re: IUD stuff, I feel like there's nothing wrong with the actual device itself, but... well, TMI time for a moment. Even a regular pap smear is incredibly invasive and painful for me (I'm guessing because I haven't been sexually active for too terribly long) and I just can't imagine someone shoving something up there. No lie, the first time I put in a tampon (like a year ago, mind you) I almost passed out. It didn't hurt but I think I was so nervous it was going to hurt that I must have psyched myself out, or something. Pills are fine for now @____@

EDIT: oh yeah, interesting note about period sex--it's against my religion. I was reading the Qur'an one time and I came across it. It literally just explicitly says it. Reading "no period sex guys" in your holy book is pretty awkward.

Satchwar said:
wat

eta: oh wait, is that from the update thing they put online to download

Yup. It's beautiful. We have some settings we've been playing on with faster movement, higher jumps, a bit of damage resist and of course the no bloom. Plays so much more like h2 this way, it's great.

Jin34

Devolution said:
Yup. It's beautiful. We have some settings we've been playing on with faster movement, higher jumps, a bit of damage resist and of course the no bloom. Plays so much more like h2 this way, it's great.

Please tell me you aren't exaggerating... It sounds too good to be true. I can't check it out because my tv is busted at the moment.

Jin34 said:
Please tell me you aren't exaggerating... It sounds too good to be true. I can't check it out because my tv is busted at the moment.

It's awesome, get your tv fixed and pm me your gamertag. Eventually you'll see it instituted into MM as well. Beta hoppers will be up in some days.

Satchwar said:
i don't even know what any of that means

i've only played online for h3 and reach

It plays more like h3 too. I say h2 because I think h2 had headshot bleedthroughs. Can't remember much about that in h3. Anyway better mobility, no bullshit AAs, and no bloom. It's very smooth.

Londa

Banned
Here is a simple one...

Londa likes a guy and the guy likes Londa. What should Londa do?

(hit him over the head and drag him to my cave?)

Satch

Banned
Devolution said:
It plays more like h3 too. I say h2 because I think h2 had headshot bleedthroughs. Can't remember much about that in h3. Anyway better mobility, no bullshit AAs, and no bloom. It's very smooth.
what you said

*whoosh*

my head

Londa said:
Here is a simple one...

Sounds like a plan to me.
Edit: Just make sure to brush up on your club-wielding skills first.

Londa said:
Here is a simple one...

How long have you known him? Either way, a good noggin' floggin' can't hurt.

Well, it can, but you get what I'm saying.

Londa

Banned
cooljeanius said:
Sounds like a plan to me.
Edit: Just make sure to brush up on your club-wielding skills first.
I feel as if this is a Final Fantasy joke. lol

Pro. Beef: For 2-3 months or so.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
beth gibbons of portishead fame. Ellie Goulding, Laura Marling and Anaïs Mitchell are some "new" ones I'm very fond of as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom