• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devolution said:
Favorite female singers?

I don't think anyone will top Annie Lennox for me.

Stevie Nix, Anne Wilson, and Sarah McLachlan are my faves.

Annie's pretty high up there, though. I had a bit of a crush on her in the sweet dreams are made of this video, when I was a kid. I'm not sure if I realized she was a woman or not, but that short red hair and that suit and those gloves, mmmm.

Kitsunebaby said:
Stevie Nix, Anne Wilson, and Sarah McLachlan are my faves.

Annie's pretty high up there, though. I had a bit of a crush on her in the sweet dreams are made of this video, when I was a kid. I'm not sure if I realized she was a woman or not, but that short red hair and that suit and those gloves, mmmm.

Her and Bowie had that whole "wow androgyny is hot" thing going for them.

I know this question was posed to the girls, but I have to answer because I feel my choice isn't brought up enough when talking about favorite singers or best voices; Minnie Riperton. Hearing her sing in a whistle register is simply amazing.

computers putin' said:
I know this question was posed to the girls, but I have to answer because I feel my choice isn't brought up enough when talking about favorite singers or best voices; Minnie Riperton. Hearing her sing in a whistle register is simply amazing.

Oh it was posed to anyone willing to answer =).

Londa said:
Pro. Beef: For 2-3 months or so.
Club him.

Devolution said:
Favorite female singers?

Gaga, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Debbie Harry, and Kelly Clarkson, to name a few. Do bands count, too? Because I'd like to add The Donnas and Paramore to that list.

Opiate

I wonder how significantly our tastes in men/women are determined by our first few (Strong) loves. I suspect the correlation is fairly strong, but I have no empirical evidence to assert or refute that hypothesis.

_Isaac

Opiate said:
I wonder how significantly our tastes in men/women are determined by our first few (Strong) loves. I suspect the correlation is fairly strong, but I have no empirical evidence to assert or refute that hypothesis.

Who knows. All of my crushes have been on really smart ethnic dark haired guys that tower over me.

Opiate said:

Loves I dunno about but my first big crushes were on Gabriel Byrne, John Malkovich and Vin Diesel.

And before anyone says "John Malkovich what?" Watch this closely. And yes that's Hugh Laurie too.

lol Annie Lennox full circle.

My first big crush:
5mMUG.jpg

Sam from Wishbone.

Satch

Banned
i was devastated that like none of the girls in the cartoon would accept him and i couldnt have him

i was so young... young and naive

eta: this is probably the most embarrassing thing ive ever posted on the internet

Jin34

Satchwar said:
i was devastated that like none of the girls in the cartoon would accept him and i couldnt have him

eta: this is probably the most embarrassing thing ive ever posted on the internet

Yeah I would say wanting to pity fuck Johhny Bravo would be right up there.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
johnny was suave as fuck, don't listen to the haters. dude got jokes and shoulders for days.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
haha! I've used that one myself within the last three years. didn't remember johnny bravo doing it though, damn cartoons poisoning my mind with their subliminal messaging.

ikkemenx

Opiate said:

I'd say the correlation is strong, at least in my experience. If I fall for someone in particular they tend to become a "type" I just notice/fall for more. I didn't care for redheads until I went crazy over one. Now I notice them/pay extra attention to redheaded dudes.

And shanshan, Tuxedo Mask was probably among my first crushes and definitely influenced a lot of my crushes.

LOL@ Satchwar and Johnny Bravo

Satchwar said:

Oh my God, hahahaha. I used to think that too! I didn't really get why he was always rejected when he was all muscular and cool. Same for Gaston in Beauty and the Beast. I used to think Belle should marry him instead of the Beast... I was incapable of understanding guys like that are douches IRL, apparently.

Edit: Honestly, I don't think the cartoon crush thing is a huge deal. Most people grow out of it and guys are allowed to say things like that, why not girls?

Fugu

Devolution said:
Favorite female singers?

Imogen Heap is a clear winner for me. She's a very talented composer, and that's made all the more remarkable by the fact that she produces and arranges her pieces herself. I could (and have) listen to her all day.

SteveWinwood said:

Most of these people I look at and think they're probably old enough to be my dad (or they were when the video was made). All of them have something wrong with them, they say something nice but they're old/mustache-y, or they are relatively okay (or would be with a haircut) but then they say something ridiculously creepy.

I'd say its probably more acceptable for girls to talk about childhood cartoon crushes than guys..

Devolution said:
It plays more like h3 too. I say h2 because I think h2 had headshot bleedthroughs. Can't remember much about that in h3. Anyway better mobility, no bullshit AAs, and no bloom. It's very smooth.

Wait, whoa. WHAT. You're saying I should play Reach again?

How do I get this magical mode to work? Need deets!

SouSouRocket said:
Same for Gaston in Beauty and the Beast. I used to think Belle should marry him instead of the Beast...

It makes sense. Gaston is the best male character in the Disney princess movies.

daffy

Banned
Chef Cat said:
Dying my hair. Red. I didn't know where to put this, but it feels awesome.
I want to go red really bad but my job doesn't allow it, "no unnatural hair colors" shit. I'm like my hair is already dyed black and he's like "yeah that's ok, just no reds and blues, exotic stuff" so like do they just not hire redheads? lol dis guy, I smacked him in the face and said I'll deal with you next week bitch.

I respectfully honored his reasoning and clocked out for the day. (._. )

ikkemenx

Satchwar said:
rihanna is caramel

im milk chocolate

LOL, a biology teacher of mine once said to me, "Your skin is a very beautiful shade of brown. You're like a chocolate!" I didn't know how to respond.

I tried dying my hair a dark red. It was alright, then got it touched up and the lady dyed it this amber colour that was much brighter. Looked HORRENDOUS. I box-dyed it an inky black colour which I ended up liking much more than my natural dark brown.

And Billy, guys

TAB0U.jpg

Be still, my heart.
He is gay, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom