• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Devolution said:
Favorite female singers?

I don't think anyone will top Annie Lennox for me.

Tori Amos, Bjork and Beth Gibbons.

computers putin' said:
Yeah, Billy is gay, and apparently the cast bullied the shit out of him for it( it seemed like the green and red rangers were the main ones doing it )
I heard it was mainly the crew, and not the actual cast members. I could be mistaken, since it's been a while since I've watched that interview with him.

Satchwar said:
rihanna is caramel

im milk chocolate

You could go blonde a-la Nikki Minaj

NICKI-MINAJ-P-nicki-minaj-24146223-450-336.jpg

I really like her tattoo, and generally I'm not a fan of arm tattoos. That one looks pretty cool though.

Or you could go the other way! Really dark black looks cool - especially if it shines kinda purple or red.

I'm naturally blonde, but after spending a year holed up in my room studying its starting to look more like carmelly-brown. :( Fear not though girl-gaf! I bought some blonde hair dye. Its only temporary though. I'd hate to have to dye the roots every few weeks -_-

SteveWinwood said:
Really go out there people. I wanna see blues, and greens, and pinks, and white.

I'd love to do blue/ red tips, or do something Hayley Williams-esque. I'm just not sure I'm up for the maintenance (time and money wise).

shanshan310 said:
I'd love to do blue/ red tips, or do something Hayley Williams-esque. I'm just not sure I'm up for the maintenance (time and money wise).

I don't think I'd ever want to deal with the hassle and the damage of dying my hair, but I'd look pretty good with green hair. I have a whole array of wigs from various costumes and I'd say that the green and teal from my Morrigan and Tira wigs looked pretty good on my skin tone. Pink on the other hand, not so much.

I miss dying my hair... :( I have to be a 'professional' now. Sigh. Somewhat natural red is the craziest thing I can do to my normally brown hair. I really want to dye it the red Rihanna has (I did it two years ago so I'm not just copying her style ;D) my friends tell me I should just do clip-in extensions but I like having it be my actual hair.

Kisaya

Devolution said:
What kind of musical genres are you guys into? I'm pretty eclectic in terms of genres, but picky about specific songs.

I'm kinda the same. I pretty much can get into anything depending on the song. I never really preferred one genre over the other.

Devolution said:
What kind of musical genres are you guys into? I'm pretty eclectic in terms of genres, but picky about specific songs.
Me too. I have songs from every genre of music that iTunes considers a genre in my iTunes library.

ikkemenx

Why are everyone's avatars turning purple?

I dyed my hair a blue-black once, actually worked great with my skintone. If it weren't for the colour bleeding and messy showers I'd totally do it again.

And as for music, about the usual "everything". I think video game music is probably in the majority. Dat Mario Party 2 OST

ikkemenx

Professor Beef said:
I feel like a dinosaur for saying it, but I love the early 2000 stuff, and can't stand most of the new music right now.

Also, Ja Rule? Didn't he disappear off the face of the earth?

I have no idea, but I miss him! He was great in that song. I sort of miss when Murder Inc was on the scene. Recently remembered how obsessed I was with this song. Still sounds great!

Satchwar said:
"WHERE IS JA?"

/dave chappelle
First thing I thought of, too. I just didn't wanna grab the clip.
KuGsj.gif

ikkemenx said:
I have no idea, but I miss him! He was great in that song. I sort of miss when Murder Inc was on the scene. Recently remembered how obsessed I was with this song. Still sounds great!
Oh my gooooooooood, the memories.

Devolution said:

I listen to a lot of genres but I'm mostly into classic rock, especially blues rock.

computers putin' said:
That was actually a good song despite Ja being on there. As far as early 2000s R&B, ick. 99 was a great year for R&B and it slowly went downhill from there.

Early 90's R&B is still the best.

I used to hate rap and R&B when I was much younger, so all that stuff is gold to me now. But I can't be like "HAY GUYZ DID YOU KNOW THIS SONG IS AWESOME" because it's old news to everyone.

Devolution said:
I'm a primarily classic rock girl. That said, my ipod is an eccentric collection of most every genre, from Irish folk music to Metallica.

Satch

Banned
devolution where are you

i just played that no bloom Reach thing today for the first time and you werent kidding about "second coming of jesus clear" :lol :lol

ikkemenx said:
I dyed my hair a blue-black once, actually worked great with my skintone. If it weren't for the colour bleeding and messy showers I'd totally do it again.
I did dark purple a while ago and that shit got all over my pillow cases and was constantly ending up in the bottom of the shower.

Actually, I did a lot of unnatural looking colors a couple years ago, but I've decided not to do it anymore. Not sure why. I guess I got it all out of my system when I did maroon, black/blue black, and purple. Never doing that ink black ever again... I looked ridiculous and just couldn't pull it off... probably because I'm so pale. Now I just stick with natural colors.

Being pale is kind of a burden sometimes. Though that's probably one of those "grass is always greener..." type things.

Apath

Satchwar said:
devolution where are you

i just played that no bloom Reach thing today for the first time and you werent kidding about "second coming of jesus clear" :lol :lol
Wait, Reach as in Halo Reach? No bloom now? What?

Satchwar said:
devolution where are you

Right here. So much cleaner and smooth right?

Kenak said:
Wait, Reach as in Halo Reach? No bloom now? What?

Another lost soul who must be converted. 343 released a TU with no bloom custom play available. So HaloGAF has been doin' that.

Apath

Devolution said:
Another lost soul who must be converted. 343 released a TU with no bloom custom play available. So HaloGAF has been doin' that.
Ah, so that's Masterchief covered in cats in your avatar.

Funny that I learn this from the girl gaf thread.

Apath

computers putin' said:
I still need no bloom to make it's way towards matchmaking before I get Halo again
Oh, it's custom only.. didn't catch that. Well that guarantees I'll never play it.

Satch

Banned
it was pretty exciting

but it was so difficult after finally getting the bloom rhythm in Reach

missing shots feels bad man :(

Fetts_Jets said:
Being pale is kind of a burden sometimes. Though that's probably one of those "grass is always greener..." type things.

feelin' your pain. Only a couple of colours look good in our hair/with clothing, plus we're significantly more likely to get cancer. I can't even get tanned. Stupid Australian sun is too strong so usually I just burn and then get more freckles -_- On the plus side I don't really mind. I'm pretty happy with how I look (except maybe the freckles).

Satchwar said:
it was pretty exciting

but it was so difficult after finally getting the bloom rhythm in Reach

missing shots feels bad man :(

Doin' silly stuff feels bad man. I've had to play so much smarter too.

shanshan310 said:
feelin' your pain. Only a couple of colours look good in our hair/with clothing, plus we're significantly more likely to get cancer. I can't even get tanned. Stupid Australian sun is too strong so usually I just burn and then get more freckles -_-
Luckily, I don't really have any issues with gaining freckles because of the sun (don't really have many to begin with so it's probably genetic). However, I do have dark circles under my eyes because of being so fair skinned from the veins and such causing the color since my skin isn't dark enough to hide it. Laaaaaaaaaaaaame... Wish these dark circles would eff off. Also, the "glow" effect I get when a picture is taken with a flash is sorta embarrassing. It makes me look like I'm haunting the people in the picture.

Blackhead

Redarse
SouSouRocket said:
I used to hate rap and R&B when I was much younger, so all that stuff is gold to me now. But I can't be like how did that "HAY GUYZ DID YOU KNOW THIS SONG IS AWESOME" because it's old news to everyone.
How did that happen?

Fetts_Jets said:
I did dark purple a while ago and that shit got all over my pillow cases and was constantly ending up in the bottom of the shower.

Actually, I did a lot of unnatural looking colors a couple years ago, but I've decided not to do it anymore. Not sure why. I guess I got it all out of my system when I did maroon, black/blue black, and purple. Never doing that ink black ever again... I looked ridiculous and just couldn't pull it off... probably because I'm so pale. Now I just stick with natural colors.

1800s: White Man's Burden = "We must colonize the world!"
2000s: White Woman's Burden = "I can't dye my hair different colors."
I don't really know what point I'm making with that analogy, if any...

ikkemenx

As a black girl pretty much anything other than black or a dark dark brown/reds looks awful. Some ladies can pull off brighter/more varied colours, I suppose, but then again if you have a nice enough face I'm sure you can make a lot of colours look alright. With my skintone in particular I think black (like, dyed darker) looks best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom