• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fetts_Jets said:
Luckily, I don't really have any issues with gaining freckles because of the sun (don't really have many to begin with so it's probably genetic). However, I do have dark circles under my eyes because of being so fair skinned from the veins and such causing the color since my skin isn't dark enough to hide it. Laaaaaaaaaaaaame... Wish these dark circles would eff off. Also, the "glow" effect I get when a picture is taken with a flash is sorta embarrassing. It makes me look like I'm haunting the people in the picture.

OMG It all makes sense now! Everyone says I always look tired, even though I get 8 - 9 hours a night. Knowing its actually veins is really... creepy.

1800s: White Man's Burden = "We must colonize the world!"
2000s: White Woman's Burden = "I can't dye my hair different colors."
I don't really know what point I'm making with that analogy, if any...

More like, "I live under a hole in the ozone layer and everyone in my family has had skin cancer". =/

Velti

Neo Member
I'm attracted to older men, IE George Clooney, that main dude from The Abyss, Jeremy Wade... I don't know if I'm ashamed, necessarily, but it seems a bit odd.

I've always wanted to dye my hair dark blue. But now I have to be ready for job interviews. :I

shanshan310 said:
OMG It all makes sense now! Everyone says I always look tired, even though I get 8 - 9 hours a night. Knowing its actually veins is really... creepy.

More like, "I live under a hole in the ozone layer and everyone in my family has had skin cancer". =/

Wanna know what's really creepy? Wearing a low cut shirt and being able to see the entire network of blue veins in your chest. Thankfully, I rarely get sunburn so I make sure to get enough of a tan that it doesn't show anymore. Thank god for olive skin.

Greyface said:
How did that happen?
How did I come to like it? It was a slow evolution over time--I like dance music, so in the beginning there would be maybe one or two rap songs I thought were cool that I could dance to and most of the rest were crap to me, and then somewhere along the way I started listening to more and more of it and my standards started to change. It's kind of hard to explain... to make a terrible analogy it's sort of like how you start eating better, more varied and complex foods as an adult as compared to your diet as a kid. One day you realize "hey, I love olives!" when your childhood self never would have eaten one. XP I think maturing and being able to handle the swearing and adult content might have helped though, hahaha. I was very conservative.

Ducky_McGee said:
Does anyone else have any strange crushes they're embarrassed to admit?

I've got a thing for Stephen Colbert. I find him adorable. >.>

I've got a thing for some older men, as well. People find it creepy that I love Sean Connery but I cant help it, that voice! John Rhys-Davies is another weird one but I loved him in the Indie movies.

I don't really find it weird but people seem to think my love for Jeff Goldblum is strange.

I was crushing on Gabriel Byrne and John Malkovich as like a 12/13 yr old and they were in their 40s. My peers were busy lusting after N'Sync.

Prax

PETER MANSBRIDGE!

Oh my wonderful anchor boyfriend~! (chief correspondent for CBC's the National in Canada)

I even had a dream with him in it once.
He was.. driving me to school. LOL <3

And yeah, Colbert's adorable.

Prax said:
PETER MANSBRIDGE!

Oh my wonderful anchor boyfriend~! (newsanchor for CBC's the National in Canada)

I even had a dream with him in it once.
He was.. driving me to school. LOL <3

And yeah, Colbert's adorable.

I had a dream about Al Pacino, once. He was a major asshole to me in the dream but I didn't care because he was freaking Al Pacino. I've had the hugest thing for him ever since I saw The Godfather when I was about 14.

cooljeanius said:
1800s: White Man's Burden = "We must colonize the world!"
2000s: White Woman's Burden = "I can't dye my hair different colors."
I don't really know what point I'm making with that analogy, if any...
Burden might of been too strong a word, but it's certainly a pain in the ass. And you knew what I was getting at you snarky mofo :p.

As for weird crushes....

Vinny Caravella from Giant Bomb....

Edit: Strangely enough, I think Guy GAF will understand this crush better than Girl GAF.

Prax

Ohhhh.. I thought Michelangelo from the ninja turtles was totally awesome too. Does that count??

And Prince Eric. <3

And.. Tommy the Green Ranger?

Yeaaah~~!

Prax said:
Ohhhh.. I thought Michelangelo from the ninja turtles was totally awesome too. Does that count??

And Prince Eric. <3

Yeaaah~~!
hUoqp.gif

Prax

Professor Beef said:
http://i.imgur.com/hUoqp.gif

Oh yes, feed me pizza, you hilarious party dude~! Sure know the way to a girl's heart!

I drew pretty awesome ninja turtles when I was 6.

... I am mesmersized by how poorly traced the pizza in the box is in subsequent frames. LOL

ikkemenx

Ducky_McGee said:
Does anyone else have any strange crushes they're embarrassed to admit?

I've got a thing for Stephen Colbert. I find him adorable. >.>

Stephen Colbert is sexy. I'm actually quite attracted to him.

Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords. I think it's that deep voice he does. I'm kind of crazy for Jason Bateman, but I guess that one's not strange. He's quite a bit older than me, though xD

Prax said:
Oh yes, feed me pizza, you hilarious party dude~! Sure know the way to a girl's heart!

I drew pretty awesome ninja turtles when I was 6.

... I am mesmersized by how poorly traced the pizza in the box is in subsequent frames. LOL
I like to imagine that it's just the heat from the pizza.
KuGsj.gif

I don't think I'll ever get used to my cats bringing in semi-conscious animals. Having to literally put something out of it's misery because one of my cats likes to "play" with his finds is just awful.

Prax said:
And Prince Eric. <3
I remember seeing this quiz result on Facebook that some girl who had rejected me took, that told her that the Disney Prince for her was Prince Eric. Seeing as my name is Eric, seeing that post appear in my News Feed was awkward as fuck, in an ironic/coincidental way.

Satch

Banned
Devolution said:
I don't think I'll ever get used to my cats bringing in semi-conscious animals. Having to literally put something out of it's misery because one of my cats likes to "play" with his finds is just awful.
o_o

Prax said:

And Prince Eric. <3

Yeaaah~~!

Eric? Don't you know that Prince Philip was where it's at? Oh, and Aladdin.

Also, I totally loved Tommy.

Devolution said:
My old dog figured out how to pick up hedgehogs with its mouth without getting poked and so she would bring a bunch in and put them in the living room. Yeah that was cool.

ikkemenx

Kitsunebaby said:
My apologies, I forgot the second L. I meant this piece of disney hotness:

500full.jpg

He fights a fucking dragon for gods-sake!

Oh shit, who is that? I missed out on a lot of (relatively) early Disney stuff.

Satch

Banned
Professor Beef said:
But there are couches in there.

Couches.
fuck yo couch!

some years ago, i went into the bathroom at my highschool and one of the stalls looked like somebody had been murdered in it

i hope whoever made that mess went to the hospital

ikkemenx

Friend of mine went into a McDonald's restroom and found a dead body.

This was in downtown Vancouver. The person overdosed apparently.

I clicked on the wrong thread and ended up in here, that said...

shanshan310 said:

I have the same problem myself. I hate it.

Prince from Little Mermaid >>> All.

Sorry ladies.

God I loved the Little Mermaid when I was a kid. I wanted to be Ariel so badly. Except for the being half fish part. Everytime I'd go swimming and surface I'd flip my hair back like that one scene after "Poor Unfortunate Souls" when she hits the surface of the water for the first time as a human with legs.

Professor Beef said:
But there are couches in there.

Couches.

Those are typically older restrooms with what used to be powder rooms as lobbies for the women's restroom. And I rarely see one with restrooms getting smaller.

ronito

One of my first jobs was to be a janitor. And it was really ironic that the women's bathrooms were such a disgusting mess and that it was mainly due to women not wanting to touch anything. Hover peeing/poops. WTF?

ronito said:
One of my first jobs was to be a janitor. And it was really ironic that the women's bathrooms were such a disgusting mess and that it was mainly due to women not wanting to touch anything. Hover peeing/poops. WTF?
Hovering has saved lives, man. You've seen what it looks like in there... However, no excuse for poor aim while hovering...

Women's restrooms are indeed terrible. The worst is when women are too shy to just wrap their feminine hygiene products in some toilet paper and throw it in the trash outside the stall (if there isn't one in the stall). So instead they just leave it on the floor for the world to see. Such douchebags.

Satchwar said:
^

omfg

i am gritting my teeth with anger just thinking about it

Read at your own risk.

One of the highschools I played volleyball at, the girls had a designated stall in which they just tossed their tampons and pads. So I walk in there and see a pile of them. I almost threw up on the spot.

Aeana

Devolution said:
Read at your own risk.

One of the highschools I played volleyball at, the girls had a designated stall in which they just tossed their tampons and pads. So I walk in there and see a pile of them. I almost threw up on the spot.
Barf.
I have thankfully never experienced anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom