• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apath

Satchwar said:
theres like mucus and secretions and the tissue of the lining of the uterus

edit: @ plywood

thank you :0
Yeah, I've seen period blood before. I've also seen used tampons and pads before. I think people just like to overreact because it comes out of a vagina.

shanshan310 said:
ew, I didn't realise this.

I think any kind of blood that belongs to someone else is something I'd rather not touch, especially if its on a wall/toilet whatever. But pads smell, I think that was the grossest part of devolution's story. Its like walking into a stall of used nappies.
Of course, but it has to be more than that considering people don't want to puke when they see regular blood (well, most people? =P). I've never noticed a smell before, but I also have a horrible nose.

Freshmen year in college, my suite mate brought a girl back to our dorm. Earlier in the night she went to the bathroom and brought this big ass purse with her, and I said she was probably on her period. Everyone yelled at me because apparently I was wrong and rude. Fast forward to the next day, and we noticed a big juicy red tampon in the trash can, and a giant shit in our clogged toilet.

Satchwar said:
like 3 days ago because i couldn't choose between Wonder Woman and Batwoman

49e73963e5703_105125n.jpg
c5LzS.jpg

A0qJK.png
this one has transparency and i just edit a new image in it

dvLSC.jpg

MUCxj.png

this may be a dumb question, did you draw any of this?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Satchwar said:
i played the BF3 beta and got mad and quit because im no good at it
Too many glitches and lag issues have put me off the beta myself. Not as excited as I was before.

Satch

Banned
Inanna said:
Too many glitches and lag issues have put me off the beta myself. Not as excited as I was before.
im gettin better at it, but its still buggy as shit

going prone puts me in another dimension under the earth's crust :lol

Chef Cat said:
What kind of birth control do you ladies think is the best to use?
It depends on what's best for you and your body, there's no correct answer. I love Seasonale (I am on the generic of it, Jolessa or something)--it gives you 4 periods and year and it has been mostly side-effect free though I did bleed for 3 weeks the first cycle I was on it @_@ hormonal bc makes some of my friends insane though, so like I said, there's no correct answer. You or your gf just have to pick one to try and see what works best for you.

SouSouRocket said:
It depends on what's best for you and your body, there's no correct answer. I love Seasonale (I am on the generic of it, Jolessa or something)--it gives you 4 periods and year and it has been mostly side-effect free though I did bleed for 3 weeks the first cycle I was on it @_@ hormonal bc makes some of my friends insane though, so like I said, there's no correct answer. You or your gf just have to pick one to try and see what works best for you.
I have been getting the shot since the beginning of this year, and it made me depressed and crazy, so now I'm off of it. ;_; My mom recommends the implant one, I just wish I knew the names so I could google side-effects and stuff. Thank you for your input. :3

Zoe

Chef Cat said:
I have been getting the shot since the beginning of this year, and it made me depressed and crazy, so now I'm off of it. ;_; My mom recommends the implant one, I just wish I knew the names so I could google side-effects and stuff. Thank you for your input. :3

If your gynecologist doesn't talk you through this kind of thing, you should consider a better one.

Chef Cat said:
Sorry I can't help you out much more than that, but the gal above me is right (sorry girl, posting from my phone and it's too much of a pain to go back and check!) you ought to see your gynecologist and ask their advice! I knew I wanted something with low hormone initially, so we talked about what was best and chose one from there. When I told my doctor I wanted fewer periods, same thing. You don't have to do all the legwork on your own, boo!

Chef Cat said:
What kind of birth control do you ladies think is the best to use?

I've been on the pill for like... 5 years? It works well for me. Some people complain that its annoying to take at the same time everyday, but its really not. Its nice not having to worry about condoms...

So Girl-Gaf, have you decided on a Halloween costume yet?

Costumes are always a pain for me. I'd honestly really like to be able to just put down $30 and have something easy and cute. I'm too tall for traditional "sexy" costumes they will sell in stores, so I've usually either bought a costume that I could reasonably wear with leggings, or just made my own costume out of clothes that fit.

SouSouRocket said:

I'm on a Quasense, the generic of seasonique, and I love it! I don't ever wanna go back to more periods.

RandomDancing said:

Costumes are always a pain for me. I'd honestly really like to be able to just put down $30 and have something easy and cute. I'm too tall for traditional "sexy" costumes they will sell in stores, so I've usually either bought a costume that I could reasonably wear with leggings, or just made my own costume out of clothes that fit.

I was just thinking about this. I have a tiny red cape and I usually go as little red riding hood. I'm not sure if I wanna do something different this year. The hard part is finding something warm enough, usually.

Who here still goes trick-or-treating? I went last year and I might go again this year. I don't care if I'm 21, I want to trick or treat for as long as people will still give me free candy.

Kitsunebaby said:
I was just thinking about this. I have a tiny red cape and I usually go as little red riding hood. I'm not sure if I wanna do something different this year. The hard part is finding something warm enough, usually.

Who here still goes trick-or-treating? I went last year and I might go again this year. I don't care if I'm 21, I want to trick or treat for as long as people will still give me free candy.
I went last year, and I plan to go this year. I'm 17. :3

Chef Cat said:
is that bad? :(

Just prepare for a lot of bitterness and unsolicited advice from us cranky older folks ;P 24 doesn't sound that old, but I'm 7 years older than you. 17 seems like a lifetime ago now.

Also waiting for creepy-GAF for descend upon this thread XP

SouSouRocket said:
Just prepare for a lot of bitterness and unsolicited advice from us cranky older folks ;P 24 doesn't sound that old, but I'm 7 years older than you. 17 seems like a lifetime ago now.

Also waiting for creepy-GAF for descend upon this thread XP

heeeeyyyy wassup chef cat *wink wink*

Seriously though, 17 does feel like so long ago. 27 here :(

I'm watching Eat Pray Love because my woman boner for Javier Bardem is stronger than my hate for Julia Roberts and her shitty character.

Devolution said:
I'm watching Eat Pray Love because my woman boner for Javier Bardem is stronger than my hate for Julia Roberts and her shitty character.
The book is on my shelf. I have a staring contest with it every couple of months, contemplating whether or not I should read it.

For now, though, I'm going through Stieg Larsson #3, girl/tattoo/hornet's nest/whatever that is.

They all sorta run together when you're reading them at 2AM.

Devolution said:

I feel the exact same way about them both. My god, Javier Bardem is sexy as hell.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devolution said:
I heard a review on youtube where this one guy just tore Eat Pray Love apart, it gave me a hate for Julia Roberts.

edit: Found it, http://youtu.be/WenltEbuenM

Devolution said:

God damn I know.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona is the first movie I saw him in after No Country For Old Men and I was like. "I can't believe I've got a crush on Expressionless McKillyface."

Also speaking of birth control, does anyone have an IUD? How is that?

Ducky_McGee said:
God damn I know.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona is the first movie I saw him in after No Country For Old Men and I was like. "I can't believe I've got a crush on Expressionless McKillyface."

I found him attractive after I saw No Country so I googled him and found nude photos. I enjoyed them greatly.

cooljeanius said:
I intend to go this year if I can, as I still haven't made it out to Embassy Row for trick-or-treating yet. I'm 20 btw.
Woohoo!

It just sucks when you're older, because all the houses that give out the big candy bars (the rich people) don't give them to me or my friends anymore. :( Just little jerks.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
RandomDancing said:

I never buy costumes, I just pick out clothes that i have and turn them into a costume. This isn't as lazy as it sounds, since I have a ton of unusual clothes that I don't get to wear everyday that I can drag out for Halloween (it being my favorite holiday.)

This year I'm going to be a mummy! A slightly sexy mummy of course, but not as ridiculous as a lot of the costumes that you can buy out there. I have long metal arm cuffs, a bronze circlet, and a large ankh from my goth days laying around, I figured it would be fun to use them this year. After that I just need some strips of fabric and creativity :D Debating on turning my skin green for it... my skin is too sensitive for heavy make-up.

I don't go out to parties though, I always stay home and give candy to children. I like to see them all dressed up and I get to comment on their outfits!

Lissar said:
I never buy costumes, I just pick out clothes that i have and turn them into a costume. This isn't as lazy as it sounds, since I have a ton of unusual clothes that I don't get to wear everyday that I can drag out for Halloween (it being my favorite holiday.)

This year I'm going to be a mummy! A slightly sexy mummy of course, but not as ridiculous as a lot of the costumes that you can buy out there. I have long metal arm cuffs, a bronze circlet, and a large ankh from my goth days laying around, I figured it would be fun to use them this year. After that I just need some strips of fabric and creativity :D Debating on turning my skin green for it... my skin is too sensitive for heavy make-up.

I don't go out to parties though, I always stay home and give candy to children. I like to see them all dressed up and I get to comment on their outfits!

I tend to make costumes out of my own clothes, too.

On the years that I stay home to help give out candy (I live with my parents) I'm usually the one to wear my step-dad's red-tailed boa constrictor around my neck. It's so funny to see the kids reaction when the 8 foot long snake that they thought was a toy suddenly moves. Too bad they never drop their candy as they run away screaming. Kids have their priorities straight, I guess.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Kitsunebaby said:
I tend to make costumes out of my own clothes, too.

On the years that I stay home to help give out candy (I live with my parents) I'm usually the one to wear my step-dad's red-tailed boa constrictor around my neck. It's so funny to see the kids reaction when the 8 foot long snake that they thought was a toy suddenly moves. Too bad they never drop their candy as they run away screaming. Kids have their priorities straight, I guess.

Kids learn to death-grip that candy at an early age.

I'm considering making a 6-foot spider to put on the side of the house next to the door this year, but I don't want to scare off the arachnophobes. What to do...

Lissar said:
Kids learn to death-grip that candy at an early age.

I'm considering making a 6-foot spider to put on the side of the house next to the door this year, but I don't want to scare off the arachnophobes. What to do...

I'm the biggest arachnophobe but for some reason I'm not afraid of big spiders all that much. It's the tiny ones who could get lost in my hair or crawl into my ears/nose that terrify me the most.

When I was about 6 I would visit my dad in the house that he rented a room in. The guy he lived with lived in a little stone cottage in the middle of the woods. It had no air conditioning, so he'd leave the doors open during the summer. There was no bed for me to sleep on so I had to sleep on a mattress on the ground. One night a big wolf spider crawled on my face and bit me. The simple fact that it was on my face while I was asleep was so utterly terrifying to me, that it's caused a lifelong phobia.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Kitsunebaby said:
I'm the biggest arachnophobe but for some reason I'm not afraid of big spiders all that much. It's the tiny ones who could get lost in my hair or crawl into my ears/nose that terrify me the most.

When I was about 6 I would visit my dad in the house that he rented a room in. The guy he lived with lived in a little stone cottage in the middle of the woods. It had no air conditioning, so he'd leave the doors open during the summer. There was no bed for me to sleep on so I had to sleep on a mattress on the ground. One night a big wolf spider crawled on my face and bit me. The simple fact that it was on my face while I was asleep was so utterly terrifying to me, that it's caused a lifelong phobia.

Oh god, that does sound terrifying. I've never been particularly scared of any insects, until I lived in Japan. One day I pulled up my bedding and a huge (like 6 inch long) centipede crawled out. I threw a fit like I've never thrown one before. The way they move makes my skin crawl. Now even looking at a picture makes me shudder. It feels strange to me, since it didn't even do anything to me. I just can't stand it :x I've been bitten by spiders a few times, and they still don't cause that kind of reaction.

What's with these page-topping posts in this thread being horrifying so often lately? First that one from Devolution about that stall, and now this...

Lissar said:
Oh god, that does sound terrifying. I've never been particularly scared of any insects, until I lived in Japan. One day I pulled up my bedding and a huge (like 6 inch long) centipede crawled out. I threw a fit like I've never thrown one before. The way they move makes my skin crawl. Now even looking at a picture makes me shudder. It feels strange to me, since it didn't even do anything to me. I just can't stand it :x I've been bitten by spiders a few times, and they still don't cause that kind of reaction.

Centipedes are pretty gross. I only saw any centipedes at the ryokan I stayed at. While utterly terrifying, I was too busy wanting to get to the onsen to worry about them. After a couple hours in those hot springs, I had completely forgotten about the centipedes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom