• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
shorts2007med.jpg
tumblr_lh1y6yBfFi1qb9qwwo1_250.jpg

I tend to pull one or both of my legs up into the chair with me. Or my legs tend to be completely open. I don't even really notice when I'm doing it, but it would probably be really bad to do in a skirt.

Speaking of weird habits, does anyone else ever run up the stairs in their house like a dog? Or am I just a complete weirdo? Every now and then I'll find myself doing it and be glad that nobody saw me.

Prax

Kitsunebaby said:
I tend to pull one or both of my legs up into the chair with me. Or my legs tend to be completely open. I don't even really notice when I'm doing it, but it would probably be really bad to do in a skirt.

Speaking of weird habits, does anyone else ever run up the stairs in their house like a dog? Or am I just a complete weirdo? Every now and then I'll find myself doing it and be glad that nobody saw me.
Haha, yeah, I kinda sit like a man at time. That's why when I wear skirts, I try to find some kind fo shorts as well. I am way too ungraceful to trust that I won't be doing soemthing stupid that would cause flashing.

I run up the stairs like the dog sometimes! It's most fun with carpeted stairs. >_> You do it because its fun, right? I think it's fun.

Kitsunebaby said:

YES.

I thought I was the only one. Haha. It's like climbing a mountain.

A lot of restaurants downtown have stools/tables that face out towards the street sort of like a bar. I have to remember people can see in through those windows and not sit there if I'm wearing a skirt or something someone can see up! There's this amazing burger place downtown that has a deck with benches facing the street and your legs sort of dangle out over the edge. The place was PACKED (there's usually a line going out the door) and this was the only place to sit. My friends and I had to eat in the car because I was wearing a skirt. I was a drag for them that day I'm sure. Those burgers are messy (but delicious)

Kitsunebaby said:
I used to do it when I was younger. I felt so proud of myself afterwards. >__>

Prax said:
Haha, yeah, I kinda sit like a man at time. That's why when I wear skirts, I try to find some kind fo shorts as well. I am way too ungraceful to trust that I won't be doing soemthing stupid that would cause flashing.

I run up the stairs like the dog sometimes! It's most fun with carpeted stairs. >_> You do it because its fun, right? I think it's fun.

I almost always wear shorts with my skirts now.

As for the stairs, I do find it fun. It's just funny that it happens when I don't even mean to do it.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
SteveWinwood said:
I'm being dead serious and not pseudo-trolly....

You guys don't think those look trashy at all? I mean really?
Yeah, they do look pretty trashy to me. But then again I'm not too huge on jewellery and the ones I have are very old school sophisticated type like simple pearl necklaces or really thin single-layered stone necklaces.

Hypatia

Kitsunebaby said:
I tend to pull one or both of my legs up into the chair with me. Or my legs tend to be completely open. I don't even really notice when I'm doing it, but it would probably be really bad to do in a skirt..

I always sit with my legs crossed. Only I wear tight low rise jeans alot so that tends to cut off my leg circulation after a while :V

I'd love to wear skirts more often but I can never find any that suit my tops and dont make me feel waaaay too exposed. But long skirts just never suit me.

Kitsunebaby said:
Speaking of weird habits, does anyone else ever run up the stairs in their house like a dog?

Alllllllllll the damn time!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
BladeWorker said:
It's confirmed. Men invented pantyhose.

I don't think I'll ever forgive them. Stupid fragile always running can't have fingernails or accidentally brush up against anything with an edge crud.

I can't stand wearing pantyhose, but I do pretty much exclusively wear thigh-high socks like these. (Currently wearing a pair of these exact socks in Seafoam.) They're cute and sooo comfortable.

BladeWorker said:
It's confirmed. Men invented pantyhose.

I don't think I'll ever forgive them. Stupid fragile always running can't have fingernails or accidentally brush up against anything with an edge crud.

I can't stand pantyhose. I'll wear crochet lace tights (which, thankfully, don't run) if it's slightly chilly out, but I really prefer going bare-legged.

Lissar said:
I can't stand wearing pantyhose, but I do pretty much exclusively wear thigh-high socks like these. (Currently wearing a pair of these exact socks in Seafoam.) They're cute and sooo comfortable.

Those are adorable. I might have to get some.

timetokill said:
Aw, don't tell me you hate on stockings too, ladies!

Nah, pantyhose sucks though, rips so easily and those crotches are uncomfortable (at least for me). Knee socks, stockings, thigh high socks are infinitely more sexy anyway.

SRG01 said:
Okay, here's a genuine and highly controversial question for Girl-GAF: do leggings count as pants?
I think this was discussed earlier in the thread, someone posted a really nice flowchart for whether something counts as pants or not... wish I remembered which page it was...

SRG01 said:
Okay, here's a genuine and highly controversial question for Girl-GAF: do leggings count as pants?

Leggings are never pants but they're fine if someone has a long jersey shirt on that covers the ass/crotch area or if they're underneath a skirt. The reason they're not pants is it's tacky to show cameltoe.

508483.jpeg

cooljeanius said:
I think this was discussed earlier in the thread, someone posted a really nice flowchart for whether something counts as pants or not... wish I remembered which page it was...
I believe this is what you're looking for...(h/t a second time to Huffington Post)

AM-I-WEARING-PANTS.jpg

SRG01

BladeWorker said:
I believe this is what you're looking for...(h/t a second time to Huffington Post)

AM-I-WEARING-PANTS.jpg

Haha, showing this to my GF. We have discussions about leggings on girls all the time!

Lissar said:

Bought'd!

I wear leggings but always with a long shirt or skirt. I can do without people seeing the outline of my crotch.

When I wear pantyhose I always rub my legs together like a cricket. :3 They are uncomfortable. Tights are better.

Prax

Leggings are only to be worn with some sort of crotch-covering garment.
They cannot be entrusted with panthood.

I'm wearing leggings as pants right now.

Problem?

I'm at home by myself. Playing my DS. I would not go out like this because I am not guttertrash.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
You know what I really don't get? Extremely pale nude lipsticks. Most girls say they want their lips to look "natural" which is why they use them, which makes no sense. using a lipstick that's closer to your natural lip looks flattering but putting on a really pale nude lipstick kinda makes you look too done and made-up which defeats the whole purpose of the "natural" make-up. I just don't get it!

/rant

Alright girlgaf.

I can't cook. I can't cook at all. I can't even make eggs. I feel like a failure as a member of the female race in a way. I'm pretty embarrassed about it too. It's a life skill I need to learn but I don't know how to get started.

Not so I can cook for my man or any of that bs. I want to be able to feed myself! I love watching the Food Network when I'm winding down before I go to bed. I love food. Delicious things are my favorite things. I get so frustrated when I feel like having something home made.

A girl can only eat so much cereal.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Ducky_McGee said:
Alright girlgaf.

I can't cook. I can't cook at all. I can't even make eggs. I feel like a failure as a member of the female race in a way. I'm pretty embarrassed about it too. It's a life skill I need to learn but I don't know how to get started.

Not so I can cook for my man or any of that bs. I want to be able to feed myself! I love watching the Food Network when I'm winding down before I go to bed. I love food. Delicious things are my favorite things. I get so frustrated when I feel like having something home made.

Start simple, I don't know what dietary restrictions you have - but try making pasta. You just boil water, dump it in, and wait until that shit goes soft. Done. After that throw some pre-made pasta sauce on it, done deal.

You can eventually step up your game when this gets boring - maybe modify the pre-made sauce a bit. Maybe add some ground beef that you sauté in advance first. Maybe roast some garlic cloves in advance, scoop out the creamy insides and add that to your dish too.

Now I want Pasta.

Ducky_McGee said:
Alright girlgaf.

Start with the basics! As a man I can barely cook, but I was able to learn some easy stuff involving rice + hamburger meat, for example. It's so easy, you would have to go out of your way to mess up. I also have a great recipe that my granny gave me for oven-baked macaroni and cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom