• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lissar said:
Oh god, that does sound terrifying. I've never been particularly scared of any insects, until I lived in Japan. One day I pulled up my bedding and a huge (like 6 inch long) centipede crawled out. I threw a fit like I've never thrown one before. The way they move makes my skin crawl. Now even looking at a picture makes me shudder. It feels strange to me, since it didn't even do anything to me. I just can't stand it :x I've been bitten by spiders a few times, and they still don't cause that kind of reaction.

They're called creepy-crawlies for a reason D: The way they move is so horrifying. EEeeughhh.

I vote we not keep sharing stories about horrible insects and spiders please ;_; Maybe we could talk about Halloween costumes again?

Cheska

You know whats worse than a spider? Fucking ticks!

Seriously, one of the many parasites I see at work that completely gross me out. We had this Mastiff come in that was literally infested with them, I think I pulled about 30 fully engorged ticks out of him before someone else came to take over.

Oh and thanks Satchwar for Adam Hughes website! Totally going to use one of the Catwoman covers as my new avvie lol

Cheska said:

ugh. UUUUGH. I grew up in the bush, and we had this really awful tick plague once. All up around my ears, my neck, my legs etc. oh my god. And they take forever to get out. Just knowing there is something crawling in your skin...

Cheska said:

Seriously, one of the many parasites I see at work that completely gross me out. We had this Mastiff come in that was literally infested with them, I think I pulled about 30 fully engorged ticks out of him before someone else came to take over.

Oh and thanks Satchwar for Adam Hughes website! Totally going to use one of the Catwoman covers as my new avvie lol

I've been bitten by ticks twice. The first time I was in Pennsylvania visiting my dad and his family. I ended up getting lyme disease from that one. Luckily a couple weeks of amoxicillan and all was well. Visiting my dad seems to have bad consequences.

ikkemenx

Cheska said:

First thing that comes to mind when I think of ticks:

nU9WM.jpg

shanshan310 said:
I found this pretty cute brand of necklaces.

look59a_1big.jpg

The voodoo doll "be mine" and the shovel "I dig you" ones are both pretty cute.

I have like one pendant that I've been wearing the last 4 years. I've been looking to buy a couple more recently. Personally, I far prefer silver to gold. Far more affordable and it looks better on my skin-tone. I have about 5 silver rings that I love.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
SteveWinwood said:
I'm being dead serious and not pseudo-trolly....

You guys don't think those look trashy at all? I mean really?

I have to agree...

Sorry guys, these seem to me to only be a slight step up from having sweatpants with SEXY rhinestoned across the back.

I don't really like jewelry anyway. Maybe there's something I'm missing?

SteveWinwood said:

I think it's supposed to be ironic. Sure, the messages are trashy, but they're juxtaposed with otherwise non-trashy jewelry, which is what makes them ironic.

SteveWinwood said:

They're not my thing at all, but my interest in jewelry is far removed from many of my gender.

Devolution said:
They're not my thing at all, but my interest in jewelry is far removed from many of my gender.

jewellery is such a hassle to wear, tbh. I've got a necklace (that I never have to take off) and some earrings (which I might switch up once a week or so) but other than that I don't really wear anything unless its a special occasion and I feel like dressing up. Bracelets have a tendency to fall off, and don't work anyway when you've got long sleeves.

shanshan310 said:
jewellery is such a hassle to wear, tbh. I've got a necklace (that I never have to take off) and some earrings (which I might switch up once a week or so) but other than that I don't really wear anything unless its a special occasion and I feel like dressing up. Bracelets have a tendency to fall off, and don't work anyway when you've got long sleeves.

Yeah I rarely wear jewelry or makeup for that matter unless it's a special occasion. A lot my friends are really into diamonds/gold and I never got the appeal.

And just because I think something is neat doesn't mean I'd wear it.

The one I posted you could only use once really. Assuming you aren't slutting around with multiple guys. Otherwise I get a kick out of leaving the table when we're out to dinner by ourselves and when I come back discretely handing him whatever pair of panties I was wearing. It drives him up the wall. In a good way.

The necklace would be cute to try once though.

Jewelery is a big pain in the ass. Unless it's a special occasion I usually only wear earrings if anything.

I HATE being encumbered by stuff. For example I can't stand walking around with stuff in my pockets especially if I'm wearing tight fitting jeans or shorts. If I wear a top with a shirt pocket I never use it. Same with back pockets. I don't know how guys walk around with their thick ass tri-fold wallets tucked in their back pockets all day.

I feel less bogged down with a small/medium sized purse filled with a bunch old receipts and lip gloss than I do with a set of keys in my pocket digging into my thigh.

Am I weird?

Also hate winter for the same reason. I feel stifled and almost claustrophobic when I'm all bundled up with sweaters, jacket, scarf, hat, gloves. Jeans and bra are bad enough but add all the other stuff on top of that and you can count me out. Winter can go straight to hell.

Ducky_McGee said:
Also hate winter for the same reason. I feel stifled and almost claustrophobic when I'm all bundled up with sweaters, jacket, scarf, hat, gloves. Jeans and bra are bad enough but add all the other stuff on top of that and you can count me out. Winter can go straight to hell.

I hate the cut of girl tees for the same reason. They allow no armpit breathing room. Also the same reason I prefer v-necks. Other shirts tend to feel like they're choking me.

Devolution said:
I hate the cut of girl tees for the same reason. They allow no armpit breathing room. Also the same reason I prefer v-necks. Other shirts tend to feel like they're choking me.

fffuuuu

I remember when tees used to have tags. Those were dark times.

suzu

I like jewelry, but I hardly wear any besides earrings.

Also I love winter because I like to layer clothes haha.

Ducky_McGee said:
fffuuuu

I remember when tees used to have tags. Those were dark times.

Ugh.

Yeah I'm broad shouldered and lanky, so finding shirts that don't shrink and become unwearable or jackets that actually go past my wrist is a chore too =/.

I have to re-sew the hems of my pants. They're all designed for really tall girls, which I am not. Good thing jeans don't wear out easily, or I would have to do it a lot more often than I do.

You should teach me to sew. I constantly find myself in positions where I need to sew something and I don't know how. :(

My fitted bedsheet being one of them. Sheets are expensive. I went to Macy's to look at bedsheets and they wanted like $300 JUST for the fitted sheet 500 thread count.

Go to hell Macy's.

At least I think it was Macy's....

daffy

Banned
SteveWinwood said:

Who cares. People call tattoos trashy, people call PDA trashy, but in that moment who would care.

Jin34

Ducky_McGee said:
I HATE being encumbered by stuff. For example I can't stand walking around with stuff in my pockets especially if I'm wearing tight fitting jeans or shorts. If I wear a top with a shirt pocket I never use it. Same with back pockets. I don't know how guys walk around with their thick ass tri-fold wallets tucked in their back pockets all day.

Wallet + good fitting pants = pita for sure. Some guys around here have taking to wearing fanny packs for their stuff buuut I don't think I'll be partaking in that.

Devolution said:

This is why I hate women's pants. Why does the crotch have to be so tight? When I discovered super stretch jeans I was so happy. I even wear cargo pants all the time for that reason.

Prax

A lot of female clothing is the "looks good but feels terrible" kind. >:I

Crazy crotches/or razy waist lines
No armpit room
Bad breast hem lines
Too delicate to wear without fear

Those necklaces are way too blingy to wear, but I think they would make pretty funny key chains or purse/bag charms! xD

Kitsunebaby said:
This is why I hate women's pants. Why does the crotch have to be so tight? When I discovered super stretch jeans I was so happy. I even wear cargo pants all the time for that reason.

I hate the tight crotch. Also I'm partial to low riding jeans for this reason as well.

Devolution said:
I hate the tight crotch. Also I'm partial to low riding jeans for this reason as well.

Unfortunately, I tend to dislike low-rise pants/panties/everything. I like things to rest on top of my hips or at my natural waist. Too bad I can't seem to find those much anymore.

I really can't stand low-rise bikinis. One time when I was at the beach I tried to stand up out of the water and the bikini bottom didn't come up with me. Thankfully I don't think anyone saw.

Kitsunebaby said:
Unfortunately, I tend to dislike low-rise pants/panties/everything. I like things to rest on top of my hips or at my natural waist. Too bad I can't seem to find those much anymore.

I really can't stand low-rise bikinis. One time when I was at the beach I tried to stand up out of the water and the bikini bottom didn't come up with me. Thankfully I don't think anyone saw.

Most things fit we weird so I just wear a size up and take a belt to it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Kitsunebaby said:

Are they still only selling those kind of pants? I remember when they started selling those only and I moved to skirts and dresses exclusively. I used to dress pretty tomboy-ish, but I've come to enjoy dresses. I'm not particularly fat, but those low-rise pants will give anyone with an ounce of fat on them a muffin-top. Not the most flattering look.

Lissar said:
Are they still only selling those kind of pants? I remember when they started selling those only and I moved to skirts and dresses exclusively. I used to dress pretty tomboy-ish, but I've come to enjoy dresses. I'm not particularly fat, but those low-rise pants will give anyone with an ounce of fat on them a muffin-top. Not the most flattering look.

You definitely have to be pretty thin to wear them, imo. You also have to be pretty tall. I'm not even that short at 5'3" but low rise jeans will make my legs look somewhat stumpy. One reason why I never tuck shirts in anymore.

I like dresses and skirts a lot too but I tend to sit in a not-so-ladylike fashion and I don't want to accidentally flash anybody, so I tend not to wear them as much. I wish the weather hadn't gotten so crappy lately (maryland), I was planning on wearing my summer dresses a lot more but I never got the chance.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I always feel most comfortable sitting with my legs crossed, so it's not too much of an issue for me. Actually sitting any other way makes me feel unbalanced, so I pretty much have to do it. Plus I have a lot of long skirts so it isn't too much of an issue anyway.

Another reason I avoid pants is that one of my legs is ever so slightly thicker than the other. You can't tell by looking, so it isn't something that is embarrassing, but it can be a bit uncomfortable when wearing pants. One leg is slightly tighter than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom