• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5'3.

It could be worse but I thought I was gonna be so much taller. My mom is 6' and my dad is 5'10", and I've been this height since I was 11, but then I just sorta...stopped growing :(

Ducky_McGee said:
I was born in the wrong era. :(

Young Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman, Gregory Peck, Clarke Gable, James Dean. Ryan O'Neal and Marlon Brando in some kind of alternate universe where they aren't enormous assholes.

You have no idea how much I agree. Especially Marlon Brando. I've watched On the Waterfront so many times just to stare at his face.

Devolution said:
6' or 6"? If you imagined me as taller I blame the legs.
6 feet.

Those legs of yours have caused you nothing but trouble with Tinychat.
KuGsj.gif

Prax

I am between 5' 3" and 5' 4". I like to say 5' 4" so I can feel taller.

I feel 5' 8" is like.. the ideal girl height!

I am not so into the super bulked up guys. I'd probably go for more boyish types instead of beefy or old-school handsome.
I think Cilian Murphy is super pretty though.. and of course George Clooney is super older-man-sexy.

Prax said:

I am not so into the super bulked up guys. I'd probably go for more boyish types instead of beefy or old-school handsome.
I think Cilian Murphy is super pretty though.. and of course George Clooney is super older-man-sexy.

Brandon Routh. Your thoughts?

Kitsunebaby said:
I don't really go for blue eyes or light hair so that's probably a big part of it. Good, but nothing great.
I was just like this for the longest time. Blonde hair used to be a weird turn off for me. Tall, dark hair/eyes, bearded dudes were my thing for a while. The one exception was Daniel Craig (I'd lick that mans boots and then thank him for the privilege). But ever since I met my boyfriend Ive done a complete 180 since he has light hair and hazel eyes and I think he's pretty dreamy (especially when he's all cleaned up *swoon*). So now I have a new appreciation/preference for guys with light features, like Pitt or Fassbender when he has blonde hair.

Won't someone commiserate with me regarding David Arquette on Dancing With the Stars. He is MANLY MAN! Plus he seems so sweet. :3 He's got his issues but he just seems like the nicest guy on the planet. He can come off as a bit immature but it's just so charming and lovable. He's got a vulnerability and an innocence to him that I just find magnetic.

The last dance and the one before it. The man has really gotten into shape.

suzu

5'2". Wish I was at least 5'5"...

I thought Brad Pitt was super hot in Fight Club, but I also liked Edward Norton so what do I know. lol.

suzu

Haha, I wasn't saying he wasn't cute (he is!). Just not considered hot or something compared to Brad Pitt I guess. I wish he'd be Hulk again in the Avengers movie.

Also I wanted to add that my latest celebrity crushes are Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, and Won Bin. <3

suzu said:
5'2". Wish I was at least 5'5"...

I thought Brad Pitt was super hot in Fight Club, but I also liked Edward Norton so what do I know. lol.
Brad Pitt is attractive in movies. I don't really like the way he looks in photo shoots though. It's weird.

Edit: high-five for Fassbender love. Guy is a fantastic specimen of man-ness.

SteveWinwood said:
Okay no really what girls do you think are super attractive then? 'Cause I don't agree at all with what most y'all are saying about men.

I actually have a range of types for women. As I mentioned earlier in the thread:

Christina Hendricks, Beyonce, and Selma Hayek are all sexy as hell.

Then there's also Scarlett Johannson, Barbara Carrera back in the day, Mila Kunis, Miranda Kerr, Cote de Pablo, and Halle Berry.

I find your logic a bit funny, though. Just because YOU would go gay for a guy doesn't mean that that person is the epitome of attractiveness. I would go gay for a large number of women, but that doesn't mean they are unanimously hot.

wow Girl-gaf is super short.

SteveWinwood said:
Okay no really what girls do you think are super attractive then? 'Cause I don't agree at all with what most y'all are saying about men.

I don't know about women, but I don't really agree with some of the men pictures sans that brad pitt one :p I really really dislike chest hair. Its a major turn off.

Zoe

shanshan310 said:
On a slightly related note:
I'm too afraid to go have a pap smear.
Do I need to? I'm too afraid >.< But then, I don't want to have cancer...

Yes, you need to have a pap smear done. If it comes back clear, you only need to have it done every other year or so while you're young.

I wouldn't call it painful, but you do feel pressure.

shanshan310 said:
haha! I love it.

I haven't had one yet, either. The thought is pretty horrifying. Gonna put it off as long as I can.

derdriu

shanshan310 said:

You should, everyone is nervous the first time, but it is a must and is over quickly. It really is not that bad. I have a female doctor and I suppose that helps me to be more relaxed.

QueenDee said:
You should, everyone is nervous the first time, but it is a must and is over quickly. It really is not that bad. I have a female doctor and I suppose that helps me to be more relaxed.

It sounds creepy and painful. Whenever I think about it I get this weird feeling like bugs crawling under my skin. I guess I need to man up though. Better that than cancer...

andymcc

Banned
these last few posts have probably scared off a majority of creepy, lurking GAF.

just a question: for those that are adverse to going to an OBGYN, did you girls not get a Gardasil shot? i know if i were a female, that would be pretty high on my priority list, since you have to have it done by a certain age (right?).

y2dvd

Prax said:

One of my friends is like that. She rather date a lanky 6', 120lbs guy than someone who's beefy, and she likes them young. Thought it was kinda weird tbh.

andymcc said:
these last few posts have probably scared off a majority of creepy, lurking GAF.

just a question: for those that are adverse to going to an OBGYN, did you girls not get a Gardasil shot? i know if i were a female, that would be pretty high on my priority list, since you have to have it done by a certain age (right?).

I've been meaning to get one. I don't go to doctor as often as I should. I thought you could do it anytime, though.

derdriu

andymcc

Banned
QueenDee said:
Cant get it if you're over 26.

EDIT: Also there has been some side effects and some deaths (as with all new vaccines or drugs) recorded. Not spreading fear, just advising to do some research so you can choose the best route for you.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/story/2008/may/judicial-watch-investigates-side-effects-hpv-vaccine

yeah, my girlfriend was aware of the side-effects. her best friend pretty easily convinced her to get the shot as her mom is dying of cervical cancer.

5'6". I have no qualms about my height.
Hey fellow girlgaf - I tried crackle nail polish for the first time ever and loved it. Now I want to experiment with colour combinations.

Any recommendations?
Black crackle is great. I usually do a bottom layer of a bright shades like yellow, red, orange, neons, and then but the black over it.

derdriu

andymcc said:
yeah, my girlfriend was aware of the side-effects. her best friend pretty easily convinced her to get the shot as her mom is dying of cervical cancer.

And that is very sad. Personally, I don't know anyone who is dying of cervical cancer. And I'm not knocking the vaccine, it was just to make sure some are aware that there are reports of side effects, again, as with all new vaccines and drugs. It can help prevent from MOST types of cervical cancer, and the safety of the vaccine is still being closely monitored.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
pap smears are not as scary as they sound. i've had them once a year since i started having sex, and yes the first time i was nervous but i've had it done so many times now it seems routine. it doesn't hurt, i find that it tickles... and sometimes you might feel a tiny pinch. that's it. the worst part in my opinion is that i always have spotting afterward :/

i dunno, it feels like regularly going to the obgyn is one of the only good things i do in regards to my health, haha. it's not a habit i think i'll break anytime soon.

as for gardasil, i don't see a need for it. i'm married, don't have hpv, neither does my husband.

andymcc

Banned
cloudwalking said:
as for gardasil, i don't see a need for it. i'm married, don't have hpv, neither does my husband.

yeah. makes sense.

for those that are non-committal or not in a relationship at all though...

Nista

That's what shoes are for, making up that extra half inch.

Though I'm 6' tall, so in trendy heels I end up towering over 95% of my friends. :p

Pelvic exams are awful.

There was a while back about what the most awkward feeling is. That was my vote. Guy gaf can't relate. It sucks but it beats having cancer in my vagina.

Ducky_McGee said:
Pelvic exams are awful.

There was a while back about what the most awkward feeling is. That was my vote. Guy gaf can't relate. It sucks but it beats having cancer in my vagina.
Guys have to drop their pants and cough. Girls have to lift their legs and exhale. It just plain sucks being human, but heaven knows reproductive health is important. So we...blow out.

cooljeanius said:
Hi Girl-Gaf, I just saw an article today that I was wondering about your thoughts on:
http://www.rollcall.com/news/Rosa-DeLauro-Keeping-Abreast-of-Bra-Trends-209400-1.html
Here's a gallery of the bras mentioned in the article:
http://www.artbra-newhaven.org/submissions/gallery.html
Anyway I was just wondering if any of you would consider buying, or even wearing any of those.

None of them look particularly wearable for any reason. Like you'd have to change into them because you definitely can't wear a shirt over most of them. The Tour de France one is pretty cool though.

Also I can't comment on the pelvic exam without bias, it really fuckin' hurt.

BladeWorker said:
I don't need to look it up, I've been through it more than once myself. It's hardly rant-worthy.

Nobody's ranting. It's just a little more in depth than turn your head and cough. :p Luckily I was well prepared knowing what was going to happen. My mom did a really good job preparing me for a lot of stuff.

On a side note. When I was about 16 my mom gave me the most frank talking to I've ever gotten about sex/guys. I never expected anything like that out of my mom who's pretty religious. All I could remember thinking at the time was how out of left field and odd it was.

Fast forward to today and I'm 20 years old and in college. Almost EVERYTHING she said came true. It gave me a huge renewed appreciation for my mom and her wisdom. I wish I would have appreciated it more at the time. Looking back I can now see that I could have avoided a few stupid mistakes had I just confided in her instead of being a brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom