• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherubae

computers putin' said:
... but one of the reasons we heard that applied to her the most was because of her extreme stress and bad dieting.

That would do it, as I've experienced that before. Have her eat more ;)

The pills I take set me on a very specific schedule; down to the exact same day and number of days per month.

Cherubae said:
That would do it, as I've experienced that before. Have her eat more ;)

The pills I take set me on a very specific schedule; down to the exact same day and number of days per month.

Yeah, me too. If you're worried about period irregularities the pill is a great solution. I'm not sure how great it is for your body but if you skip the sugar pills you can also skip your period (I've done it a couple of times when I knew I was going to the beach or something) but it does mean you won't know if you're pregnant for longer, so I wouldn't recommend doing it too often.

A few years ago when I was in my teens (14-16ish) I would sometimes go 2 months + before starting my period. I wasn't sexually active until 17 so I wasn't worried about being pregnant. My diet was horrible, I was stressed out, and I was pretty well underweight. I wanted to go on birth control to help regulate my cycle but my religious parents weren't for it.

About 17 onward I started to even out and now I'm pretty dern predictable.

Someone mentioned before though about how you get freaked out and start thinking about possible pregnancy scenarios. I can personally attest to this.

I had a friend in highschool who had endometriosis. She would go sick it seemed like every time she was on her period. Any time I want to bitch about my period I just think about her. I've never had to go home sick, crying because of cramps before. Nurses office once or twice, but I'm glad I've never had anything that bad.

I just bought a cheap pair of glasses from zenni optical just to wear around the house. Later on I'm gonna get a more stylish pair. And recommendations?

I don't care for thick plastic rims. I like a sophisticated look.

Satch

Banned
Ducky_McGee said:
I just bought a cheap pair of glasses from zenni optical just to wear around the house. Later on I'm gonna get a more stylish pair. And recommendations?

I don't care for thick plastic rims. I like a sophisticated look.
BAYONETTA_megane.jpg

Ashes

Banned
Somebody brought up courts, when I last raised the issue... and I just saw this in the papers:

"
A JUDGE in Yorkshire has sparked uproar — after banning defendants from calling female court staff "love".
The traditional term of endearment was outlawed at Barnsley Magistrates' Court, where women must now be called "ma'am". "

Source

Ashes1396 said:
Somebody brought up courts, when I last raised the issue... and I just saw this in the papers:

"
A JUDGE in Yorkshire has sparked uproar — after banning defendants from calling female court staff "love".
The traditional term of endearment was outlawed at Barnsley Magistrates' Court, where women must now be called "ma'am". "

Source

aww, but Yorkshire people sound awesome when they say things like "love". Calling some "love" isn't specifically directed at women. I know girls who call guys "love" etc. I guess I wouldn't consider it any more appropriate than calling someone "sweetie" in a courtroom though :p

Jin34

Satchwar said:

I don't know, those look kind of tacky, I guess I'll have to see them on a girls head to know for sure.

On another note thanks gaffer who shall not be named for my new custom avatar.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Prax said:
Wow. That's pretty awesome! Maybe you are just super in tune with the moon or something. >_>

I am kind of the opposite. I only vaguely know when mine will come. I mean.. it comes monthly, but I never keep track so I never really know! a surprise every time! (I catch it in time before anything bad happens, but yeah, I am pretty... blase about it).

Sister on the other hand.. she has a whack schedule. Comes one month, then diappears for 6 months, then comes back. Always been like that and going on a pill for a while worked, but afer going off of it, her schedule went nuts again. Wish I were her though.. once every 6 months would be awesome. xD
Man, I hate that about my periods! I never know the exact date but good thing is that two days before I'm due, I start getting mild pain in my lower abdomen. I've always had weird schedule like your sis, sometimes it'd come after every month than other times every two to three months and then out of the blue it doesn't come for 5 months straight! There's a reason why mine are like that though, when I first got my period I developed a tiny ovarian cyst which the doctor didn't want to operate on because I was so young and had just turned 13. They gave me some pills and the cyst went away after some time but my periods started going really irregular after that.

That reminds me, anyone know if the pill interferes with growth or anything? It's probably a coincidence but I stopped growing about the same time I started on the pill (14). :'(

cooljeanius said:
You can stop right there

ahaha. Well, it probably is. But do most people stop growing at 14? I mean, I'm 19 and people come and ask me all the time why I'm not at school. The pill meddles with your hormones. Its possible there is a link...

shanshan310 said:
ahaha. Well, it probably is. But do most people stop growing at 14? I mean, I'm 19 and people come and ask me all the time why I'm not at school. The pill meddles with your hormones. Its possible there is a link...
Girls often stop growing pretty early, from what I recall.

Zoe

shanshan310 said:
That reminds me, anyone know if the pill interferes with growth or anything? It's probably a coincidence but I stopped growing about the same time I started on the pill (14). :'(

Girls typically stop growing when puberty ends. Getting your period marks the beginning of the end of puberty.

Prax

shanshan310 said:
Are you not Asian? >____>

My little sister is 22 and she looks like a 15-year old most times.
Same with my brother.. and he's 26! Haha!

Boys generally stop growing at 17-18. Girls a lot earlier (14-15).
Shortness genes.

yuna55

Boogie said:
Umm, you realize what "turn your head and cough" involves too, right?
My husband used to feel the same, that a man's physical was just as bad as a woman's pelvic exam. So I made him go with me once, and I thought he was going to cry in the office. He hasn't complained about a physical in 4 years.

lennedsay said:
My husband used to feel the same, that a man's physical was just as bad as a woman's pelvic exam. So I made him go with me once, and I thought he was going to cry in the office. He hasn't complained about a physical in 4 years.

I just show a guy of a picture of a speculum and refer to it as a vaginal car jack. They don't know how to retort.

yuna55

lol so true...

Who thought it'd be a good idea to make a duck bill out of metal or plastic for such a procedure? So many edges and chances for some super uncomfortable pinching. They should just make a clear dildotic device that's open in the middle. Something has to be better than the fucking duck.

Zoe

Y'all's pelvics must be really different from mine, case I don't remember any of them ever hurting.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Girl-GAF, may be it's a wrong place to ask (we are on a gaming forum), but do you play coop and games in general with your boyfriends? I'm somehow unlucky because all girls I dated saw my PC as an office machine and PS3 as a blu-ray player. Playing games together has always been out of the question and indirectly reffered as waisting time. I'm not waisting time, I'm having fun, dammit!

Zoe

subversus said:
Girl-GAF, may be it's a wrong place to ask (we are on a gaming forum), but do you play coop and games in general with your boyfriends? I'm somehow unlucky because all girls I dated saw my PC as an office machine and PS3 as a blu-ray player. Playing games together has always been out of the question and indirectly reffered as waisting time. I'm not waisting time, I'm having fun, dammit!

We play co-op. Gotta be careful though, it can lead to fights :lol

(though he's playing Dark Souls for me right now >_<)

subversus said:

My bf and I don't really game together, used too, he rarely does anymore. In fact it's his fault I'm into Halo.

yuna55

I usually don't play coop games, but we've played 2 player on arcade-like games. If we want a lazy gaming weekend, he'll bring a spare TV and either our original PS3 or an older console into the living room so we can both play whatever we want and still hang out.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
subversus said:

I do! At least with my current boyfriend. My last boyfriend wasn't into games at all, and the one before that was before co-op play was in vogue.

I much prefer games where you actually cooperate though. Not so much into versus type games (besides, I suck at games that require reflex skill so I'd probably lose all the time anyway.) For example, last night we finished the Portal 2 DLC. Previously we've played Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Scott Pilgrim. We've tried Trine, but the game is a bit awkward... and I'd already played a good deal of it by myself besides.

peach

Prax said:
Sister on the other hand.. she has a whack schedule. Comes one month, then diappears for 6 months, then comes back. Always been like that and going on a pill for a while worked, but afer going off of it, her schedule went nuts again. Wish I were her though.. once every 6 months would be awesome. xD

Cysts on the ovaries can also cause this - I have them but never had the irregular periods, but it's definitely a cause.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Well, thanks, that was encouraging to read. I knew there are women out there who like/don't mind so-called "hardcore" gaming but only two from those I met were ok with that and unfortunately it didn't work out.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Yep, love co-op games, and there are way too many to list but the ones off the top of my head that I really enjoyed playing with him are LBP (1 and 2), Portal 2, Killzone 3, Uncharted 2 co-op stuff (also party up to play competitive stuff but that's different), Borderlands, Dead Rising, pixeljunk shooter, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light etc. Can't wait for Uncharted 3 since it has split screen offline and online for both co-op and comp! :D

I think I probably had the most fun playing LBP stuff, especially the sequel!

subversus said:

I do, but I think he has mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I'm playing games with him! On the other hand, I'm not very good and if its a co-op game I usually bring the team down :( (right now its lol, so I play with him and some other friends as well).

Actually, my boyfriend sent me this cracked article about games that will ruin your marriage. I found it hilarious since barring WOW we had finished every game on that list together.

Lissar said:
For example, last night we finished the Portal 2 DLC. Previously we've played Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Scott Pilgrim.

We played through these as well! Fun times.

FoxSpirit

cooljeanius said:
Portal 2 co-op feels so much like dating sometimes... I almost wish I had played it with a girl instead of male GAFers sometimes...
Daaaaaaaaawwww.

But, any girl in here a Pony fan? Come over to the threads :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom