• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prax

Ducky_McGee said:
Brandon Routh. Your thoughts?
I like him when he's more scruffier looking with longer hair.
As Superman and similar, he's way too.. "clean" or sterile looking.

y2dvd said:
One of my friends is like that. She rather date a lanky 6', 120lbs guy than someone who's beefy, and she likes them young. Thought it was kinda weird tbh.
Well, I am not sure if I'd want someone 120. I at least want someone a BIT athletic looking rather than skinny! I am just not a fan of beefy types due to bad preconceptions of them looking like stupid meatheads. >_>

I have not had a pap smear yet, and I do not think I will get HPV anytime soon and don't think I will be at risk, but I did get a Gardisil shot.. I think. Now I am not sure. *wonders* Is that supposed to happen more than once? I defnitely got ONE shot. But I don't remember if there's like.. a 3-step process or not. Haha.

Prax

icarus-daedelus said:
Yes, Gardasil is administered in 3 doses.
Welp! I only got ONE!
My GP done goofed. >_> That's usual for her though. She keeps misreading my tuberculosis exams and saying I'm testing positive for that too. I would get a new GP, but... It's hard to find a GP and I've known her for sooo loong.

Prax said:
I like him when he's more scruffier looking with longer hair.
As Superman and similar, he's way too.. "clean" or sterile looking.

Well, I am not sure if I'd want someone 120. I at least want someone a BIT athletic looking rather than skinny! I am just not a fan of beefy types due to bad preconceptions of them looking like stupid meatheads. >_>

I have not had a pap smear yet, and I do not think I will get HPV anytime soon and don't think I will be at risk, but I did get a Gardisil shot.. I think. Not I am not sure. *wonders* Is that siupposed to happen more than once? I defnitely got ONE shot. But i don't remember if there's like.. a 3-step process or not. Haha.

Scruffy makes everything better.

derdriu

cooljeanius said:
Hi Girl-Gaf
Anyway I was just wondering if any of you would consider buying, or even wearing any of those.

OMG, might be the ugliest thing I've ever seen!!
garden-front-medium.jpeg

If I may take this topic in a bit of a... direction. I can't seem to make my boyfriend understand something. He has wandering hands and when we're making love and I take his hand and put it somewhere, he takes his hand back after a few seconds and continues to do whatever he was doing before I moved it. I don't want to be dominating and tell him outright because I feel like that would sort of spoil the mood. Except that if I really sit and think about it... the mood is already spoiled for me if it happens enough times

I feel like he should be getting the hint but he doesn't. I can't say enough good things about him. He's fantastic, considerate, loving, and just all around wonderful, but this ticks me off. How do i get the point across and make it seem natural so it doesn't completely kill the mood.

WOW @ that bra. Looks like someone repurposed a really ugly set of curtains from the 30's.

Ducky_McGee said:
I feel like he should be getting the hint but he doesn't. I can't say enough good things about him. He's fantastic, considerate, loving, and just all around wonderful, but this ticks me off. How do i get the point across without completely spoiling the moment?
Tell him before you get started.

"I really like it when you..."
"I'd like to try..."

Ducky_McGee said:
If I may take this topic in a bit of a... direction. I can't seem to make my boyfriend understand something. When we're making love and I take his hand and put it somewhere, he takes his hand back after a few seconds and continues to do whatever he was doing before I moved it. I don't want to be dominating and tell him outright because I feel like that would sort of spoil the mood. Except that if I really sit and think about it... the mood is already spoiled for me if it happens enough times

I feel like he should be getting the hint but he doesn't. I can't say enough good things about him. He's fantastic, considerate, loving, and just all around wonderful, but this ticks me off. How do i get the point across without completely spoiling the moment?

Uh, if I may, as a guy, offer my advice?

Personally, I love hearing explicitly what my girl likes. And most guys I know feel the same. And though it might seem weird, it doesn't have to come across as dominating. I think a lot of girls are conditioned to not really say what they want sexually, but as a guy it's a hell of a turn-on to hear it. It might surprise you but many of us actually like hearing girls talk about what they want and what gets them off.

I can't guarantee it (obviously) but my guess is it won't spoil the mood at all, and actually it might have the opposite effect. Every guy loves the feeling that he is the "master" of his girl, which is to say he knows what makes her go wild. Following this, the key is to not say it in a way that makes him feel like he's been doing it wrong the whole time (even if he has). Tell him in a way that makes him feel like he's realizing a new way of pleasuring you, one that adds to his repertoire. Yeah, it's about protecting his ego, but that's a way to do it without ruining the mood. If he is as considerate and loving as you say he is, he'll appreciate it.

Also, as an aside -- throw in a "don't stop" or some sexy whimpering/pouting if he tries to stop doing what you like. :) Positive reinforcement.

Finally, it's okay to talk about sex when you're not having sex. It'll give him something to think about for the next time, and he'll probably be eager to try it immediately. Win-win!

Ducky_McGee said:
Valid points. I'll try them.

Do it. I just say flat out what works and what doesn't. No need to play coy in the bedroom. Whose ego is honestly getting hurt by being told how to pleasure you better?

Devolution said:
Do it. I just say flat out what works and what doesn't. No need to play coy in the bedroom. Whose ego is honestly getting hurt by being told how to pleasure you better?

True enough. Personally I prefer to hear it straight, works out fine that way. But I know plenty of guys with more fragile egos so I figure I'd tell the way that will work 99% of the time anyway. Especially if she wants to bring it up during the act and not worry about ruining the mood.

timetokill said:
True enough. Personally I prefer to hear it straight, works out fine that way. But I know plenty of guys with more fragile egos so I figure I'd tell the way that will work 99% of the time anyway. Especially if she wants to bring it up during the act and not worry about ruining the mood.

Guys who think that the same thing works for every woman and don't want to try new things can gtfo of my bedroom ;).

Ashes

Banned
Devolution said:

You'd be surprised. And for both girls and guys alike.

It's better to be on the same side, I reckon, and soften the blow, rather than play coach.

Ashes1396 said:
You'd be surprised. And for both girls and guys alike.

It's better to be on the same side, I reckon, and soften the blow, rather than play coach.

Well one doesn't have to be mean about it, I'm not but I'd rather someone just tell me what works for them then assume and sigh or something.

Ashes

Banned
Devolution said:
Well one doesn't have to be mean about it, I'm not but I'd rather someone just tell me what works for them then assume and sigh or something.

Ahh I see. Now I hear you clearer.

Sup girl gaf. What's going down. You guys come here often? Yeah we should hang out sometime this weekend. It'll be fun! Nah I'll pay for the blue moon and pizza don't worry.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
SteveWinwood said:
Sup girl gaf. What's going down. You guys come here often? Yeah we should hang out sometime this weekend. It'll be fun! Nah I'll pay for the blue moon and pizza don't worry.
Something something girl on girl action something something.

Ducky_McGee said:
I got this crackle nail polish and I can't get it to crack properly. What the heck man. :(

you may be using too heavy of a coat, i ran into the same problem, since i tend to lay it on thick, but noticed the lighter the layer the better the crackle

Kitsunebaby said:
I've never drunk posted on gaf. I'd be way too afraid of making an ass out of myself.

Same reason I never drunk text or drunk facebook.
The hell is wrong with making an ass of yourself? I do it all the time.

Usually keep it in the drunk thread... but oh well.

I took a picture of this girl in a dress at a bar this weekend (yes, with her permission, I am no creeper) and was going to post it here and ask your thoughts cause the thing was crazy. But now I can't find the pic.

Prax

SteveWinwood said:
The hell is wrong with making an ass of yourself? I do it all the time.

Usually keep it in the drunk thread... but oh well.

I took a picture of this girl in a dress at a bar this weekend (yes, with her permission, I am no creeper) and was going to post it here and ask your thoughts cause the thing was crazy. But now I can't find the pic.
Drunk cellphone pic deletion too!

Cherubae

ultim8p00 said:
Hey girl-gaf, what is the longest you have gone without a period and not had babies?

In my younger days (late teens) I would have one every two months.

There are hormone / birth control now that prevent periods. Granted, to me they just seem rather unnecessary.

ultim8p00

Banned
Cherubae said:
In my younger days (late teens) I would have one every two months.

There are hormone / birth control now that prevent periods. Granted, to me they just seem rather unnecessary.

3.5 months and a negative test result...wtf is going on?

ultim8p00 said:
Hey girl-gaf, what is the longest you have gone without a period and not had babies?

My girlfriend once didn't get her period for 4 ( or was it 5?) months. Of course we feared she was pregnant even though she showed no other signs and numerous negative pregnancy tests. She really wasn't pregnant and eventually got her period one day out of the blue. Still not sure what caused her to not get her period, but one of the reasons we heard that applied to her the most was because of her extreme stress and bad dieting.

You stressed out or something?

ultim8p00 said:
3.5 months and a negative test result...wtf is going on?

Stress. If someone is extremely athletic it can become infrequent. I went on the pill in HS because mine was like months apart and extremely painful when it would come.

Take her to a gyno though could be an ovarian problem which is not good.

ultim8p00 said:

I think there is something wrong with me actually. I'm ridiculously on time. Like, it has always come on tuesday mornings. So um, probably half a day.

Prax

shanshan310 said:
I think there is something wrong with me actually. I'm ridiculously on time. Like, it has always come on tuesday mornings. So um, probably half a day.
Wow. That's pretty awesome! Maybe you are just super in tune with the moon or something. >_>

I am kind of the opposite. I only vaguely know when mine will come. I mean.. it comes monthly, but I never keep track so I never really know! a surprise every time! (I catch it in time before anything bad happens, but yeah, I am pretty... blase about it).

Sister on the other hand.. she has a whack schedule. Comes one month, then diappears for 6 months, then comes back. Always been like that and going on a pill for a while worked, but afer going off of it, her schedule went nuts again. Wish I were her though.. once every 6 months would be awesome. xD

Prax said:
Wow. That's pretty awesome! Maybe you are just super in tune with the moon or something. >_>

I am kind of the opposite. I only vaguely know when mine will come. I mean.. it comes monthly, but I never keep track so I never really know! a surprise every time! (I catch it in time before anything bad happens, but yeah, I am pretty... blase about it).

Sister on the other hand.. she has a whack schedule. Comes one month, then diappears for 6 months, then comes back. Always been like that and going on a pill for a while worked, but afer going off of it, her schedule went nuts again. Wish I were her though.. once every 6 months would be awesome. xD

It's fucking scary, even when you're not sexually active. You don't want that stress.

Prax said:

I'd say it has more to do with me having been on the pill since I was 14. :p The pill is really great. I recommend it to everyone. I used to get really bad pain that started a week before my period and ended a week after. Now everything is awesome.

My partner's really funny though. I got it on a monday night once and he was convinced that meant I was pregnant. *eye rolling*

Devolution said:
It's fucking scary, even when you're not sexually active. You don't want that stress.

Happened to me once and I'm a virgin. Your head starts coming up with all these ridiculous scenarios for how you could have gotten pregnant.

Satch

Banned
Kitsunebaby said:
Happened to me once and I'm a virgin. Your head starts coming up with all these ridiculous scenarios for how you could have gotten pregnant.
"Face hugger while I was sleeping????"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom