• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devolution said:
I also hate to see something really awesome only for all of the ones my size to be gone. One of the things that actually does anger me is women who refuse to buy shit their size, and sweep out all of the small sizes. Then I see them walking around in pants meant for tiny people like me, with their muffin top out for the world to see. How is that complimentary? As someone who rarely goes shopping for clothes it's just one of the few things that actually riles me up. I want to go into a store and find my size and leave. But no...

/pissy rant
Every single time I actually want to go shopping this happens to me. Mediums and smalls are always the first to go and of course the store never has anymore in the back or storage.

SRG01

Devolution said:
I also hate to see something really awesome only for all of the ones my size to be gone. One of the things that actually does anger me is women who refuse to buy shit their size, and sweep out all of the small sizes. Then I see them walking around in pants meant for tiny people like me, with their muffin top out for the world to see. How is that complimentary? As someone who rarely goes shopping for clothes it's just one of the few things that actually riles me up. I want to go into a store and find my size and leave. But no...

/pissy rant

This happens to men too. I swear, no one actually wears L or XL, but insist on wearing S or M.

Women's sizes are the most arbitrary fucking things on the planet too. What the fuck is this single number? Give me measurements. I swear at some stores that size big I'm in the negative zone. Terrible.

Also I buy sweats from the boy's/men's departments as well. Have since I was a kid. I have longs legs and no baby making mormon hips so the elastic ties just get pulled over and over.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Devolution said:
Also I buy sweats from the boy's/men's departments as well. Have since I was a kid. I have longs legs and no baby making mormon hips so the elastic ties just get pulled over and over.
Baby making mormon hips? That's a thing?

Mormons.
Lots of kids.
Vagina clown cars.
Etc.

Interestingly enough the Duggars though aren't Mormon just some kind of crazy ass baptist.

lexi said:
What color is your hair now? I went from blonde to red and I was really happy with the results, I also tried contacts too!

blondeglasses.jpg

redcontacts.jpg

Looks miles better.

Devolution said:
Women's sizes are the most arbitrary fucking things on the planet too. What the fuck is this single number? Give me measurements. I swear at some stores that size big I'm in the negative zone. Terrible.

Every brand having different sizing ARGHkdfljfjgckjjm. Makes buying online a bitch, especially when they say "order one size up from your regular size" and you end up with a tent. I have found that a lot of Japanese clothes only have one size though, and usually that fits me alright (though they make their skirts insanely short).

And don't get me started on shoes. I have wide toes and thin ankles so everything falls off my feet -_-

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Devolution said:
Mormons.
Lots of kids.
Vagina clown cars.
Etc.

Interestingly enough the Duggars though aren't Mormon just some kind of crazy ass baptist.
Clown car vagina?

Oh, I'm stealing that....

Girls, what is your advice for a 21 year old college guy whose now ex girlfriend has done a 180 and decided in one day that our entire relationship was crap when it really wasn't? And said ex still has feeling for me, but I don't think she knows what she wants.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
At that age almost no one knows what they want. Even if they think they know what they want, it is liable to change repeatedly all through their twenties (and thirties and beyond, sometimes... ugh people.) There could be many reasons why she decided the relationship wasn't working for her. It could be anything from wanting to live her life a little more before settling down, to just being flakey. As I don't know her, I couldn't tell you. But what I can tell you is to not dwell on the break-up or her reasons. The best thing you can do is turn around and leave her behind. There will be plenty of other people out there.

Manathen

Neo Member
Devolution said:
Then I see them walking around in pants meant for tiny people like me, with their muffin top out for the world to see. How is that complimentary?
/pissy rant

*shudders* This is all too evident around my college....

TheSchwab_7 said:
Girls, what is your advice for a 21 year old college guy whose now ex girlfriend has done a 180 and decided in one day that our entire relationship was crap when it really wasn't? And said ex still has feeling for me, but I don't think she knows what she wants.
If she's an ex, it no longer matters what she thinks. She's just telling herself whatever she wants to hear in order to feel better.

If you feel differently, then what you feel is right for you. Don't let her BS cloud your retrospective.

All of this assumes, of course, that you're not being deluded. But it just sounds like the standard "I need to feel better about myself and piss on you" switcheroo. So ignore and move on.

TheSchwab_7 said:
99% likely she's got her eye on someone else, bro. Or had at some point, and she's now thinking "do I really want to settle so soon???" sorry :(

Time to move on.

That said, try to keep dating advice questions to the "ladygaf advises mangaf" thread so this one doesn't get closed.

Zoe

TheSchwab_7 said:

You're only 21. Some young romances may last, but most won't.

SRG01

Chef Cat said:
^ rofl :3

I wish I could wear make-up...

But not wearing makeup is better for your skin, and many people look better without! I always tell my GF that she looks great without makeup...

AdventureRacing said:
Same but she never listens.
Either
1) She doesn't believe that you actually think she looks better without it
or
2) She just feels better about herself with makeup on and therefore that trumps what you think

LogicStep

SRG01 said:
But not wearing makeup is better for your skin, and many people look better without! I always tell my GF that she looks great without makeup...
Yeah ladies listen to your boyfriends. Some girls really do look better without makeup or at least very light makeup.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hey girls, I don't know if Count Dookake has posted pics of himself in the pics thread, but if he has, is he sexy? What's the consensus on this. Also, does he wear western shirts, or does he seem like the type to wear western shirts?

I'm really interested in him all of a sudden after I heard his opinions on movies or something else.

Did the most painless jeans shopping today. Walked into this place I kept hearing about in Berkeley. A woman asked what I was looking for, said so (boot cut and dark) she gauged my size no problem, handed me pants to try on. I liked two. Each pair was pricey but I'm tired of buying shitty Forever 21 pants and after that experience, I'm hitting that place up if and when I need jeans again.

Egnirys

Devolution said:
Did the most painless jeans shopping today. Walked into this place I kept hearing about in Berkeley. A woman asked what I was looking for, said so (boot cut and dark) she gauged my size no problem, handed me pants to try on. I liked two. Each pair was pricey but I'm tired of buying shitty Forever 21 pants and after that experience, I'm hitting that place up if and when I need jeans again.
If you don't mind me asking but which store was it? I'm in the Bay Area also and have been on the hunt for a good pair of jeans.

ultim8p00

Banned
Hey girl-gaf, I have a question. So when I'm in the club, and two girls just seem to randomly come up and start dancing very close to me, does that mean anything? Are they waiting for me to make a move or something? I'm asking because this has happened to me so many times at the club I'm starting to think something must be behind it. And when I say close, I do mean it - their ass literally touches my crotch sometimes. I don't do anything because I don't want to be a creep just randomly grinding on a girl.

ultim8p00 said:
Hey girl-gaf, I have a question. So when I'm in the club, and two girls just seem to randomly come up and start dancing very close to me, does that mean anything? Are they waiting for me to make a move or something? I'm asking because this has happened to me so many times at the club I'm starting to think something must be behind it. And when I say close, I do mean it - their ass literally touches my crotch sometimes. I don't do anything because I don't want to be a creep just randomly grinding on a girl.
Oh for the love of...

No, they just want to feel the texture of your pants with their butts.

Egnirys said:
If you don't mind me asking but which store was it? I'm in the Bay Area also and have been on the hunt for a good pair of jeans.

Slash Denim

For quick in and out service like that, I would gladly go again. The store is easy to miss though lol, I actually almost walked right past it.

ultim8p00

Banned
Atramental said:
Oh for the love of...

No, they just want to feel the texture of your pants with their butts.

So that's a yes I take it. It's not like she starts griding on me then I'm like "wtf is this." It's too subtle. In a crowded club, asses will touch crotches. It's too crowded to tell sometimes.

Egnirys

Devolution said:
Slash Denim

For quick in and out service like that, I would gladly go again. The store is easy to miss though lol, I actually almost walked right past it.
Awesome, thank you! There's a Blue Jeans Bar near me but their denim is around the $200 range for one pair of jeans.

Timedog said:
Hey girls, I don't know if Count Dookake has posted pics of himself in the pics thread, but if he has, is he sexy? What's the consensus on this. Also, does he wear western shirts, or does he seem like the type to wear western shirts?

I'm really interested in him all of a sudden after I heard his opinions on movies or something else.

I have not put pics in that thread, but I am sexy. At least sexy enough to ignore most of my OKcupid messages. People seem to like making my acquaintance. I could stand to lose a few pounds, though. Was a lazy summer.

I don't wear western shirts. In all honesty, I am not sure what western shirts are. Is it something like a cowboy would wear? I'm not really keen on cowboy attire.

I'm not sure why you would be all that interested in me. I mean, I like movies, so if you like movies then we have that in common.

icarus-daedelus said:
Not sure about the pics, but hands off, buddy. Count D's mine.

You tease me.

SRG01

By the way, if you want to wear light make up, a bit of eyeshadow and eyeliner work fine. Most women don't really need foundation, powder, etc. Most skin problems actually go away if less makeup is worn!

... I grew up in a house full of women :p

ultim8p00 said:
So that's a yes I take it. It's not like she starts griding on me then I'm like "wtf is this." It's too subtle. In a crowded club, asses will touch crotches. It's too crowded to tell sometimes.
If a couple of girls are hanging around you for a good amount of time I think it's safe to assume that they feel some level of comfort around you. (i.e. you're not creepy)

But I don't think they're going to initiate anything with you. That's your job. So, make your intentions known and go with the flow.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Count Dookkake said:
I have not put pics in that thread, but I am sexy. At least sexy enough to ignore most of my OKcupid messages. People seem to like making my acquaintance. I could stand to lose a few pounds, though. Was a lazy summer.

I don't wear western shirts. In all honesty, I am not sure what western shirts are. Is it something like a cowboy would wear? I'm not really keen on cowboy attire.

I'm not sure why you would be all that interested in me. I mean, I like movies, so if you like movies then we have that in common.

You tease me.
Hmmm, interesting. What kind of clothes do you wear? Would you wear a banana republic or J.Crew blazer with bootcut jeans? How often do you get OKCupid messages?

Timedog said:
Hmmm, interesting. What kind of clothes do you wear? Would you wear a banana republic or J.Crew blazer with bootcut jeans? How often do you get OKCupid messages?

Man-baby/hipster/work attire. I generally wear dark clothes and try to accent with something painfully colorful.

I don't know what the product lines for J.Crew or Banana Republic look like. I have not stepped in either for a few years. A blazer is some kind of jacket, right? I don't own one. I don't know what bootcut means, either.

I get a few messages a week on OKCupid. They sent me a message telling me that I am one of their more attractive members, so I get spammed on the site or get to see better profiles or something.

Anything else?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Count Dookkake said:
Man-baby/hipster/work attire. I generally wear dark clothes and try to accent with something painfully colorful.

I don't know what the product lines for J.Crew or Banana Republic look like. I have not stepped in either for a few years. A blazer is some kind of jacket, right? I don't own one. I don't know what bootcut means, either.

I get a few messages a week on OKCupid. They sent me a message telling me that I am one of their more attractive members, so I get spammed on the site or get to see better profiles or something.

Anything else?

That is all for now, thank you.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
SRG01 said:
A lot of make-up now a days has stuff that protects and hydrates your skin, and makes them look good and stay good in the long run. Good SPF tinted moisturisers for example, plus tinted lipbalms/creamy lipsticks, for example, help a lot.

SRG01

Inanna said:
A lot of make-up now a days has stuff that protects and hydrates your skin, and makes them look good and stay good in the long run. Good SPF tinted moisturisers for example, plus tinted lipbalms/creamy lipsticks, for example, help a lot.

Do most girls buy these? I had the impression that most department store stuff weren't of this quality...

But then again, a lot of girls shop at Sephora or MAC these days.

Kisaya

I just started wearing makeup so I'm pretty new to everything ;x I just use eyeliner and do the cat eye thing hahah
Sometimes I use foundation for my dark circles ._.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
SRG01 said:
Do most girls buy these? I had the impression that most department store stuff weren't of this quality...

But then again, a lot of girls shop at Sephora or MAC these days.
I don't exactly know about the US but in the UK most high street brands are coming out with a lot of good products with SPF that are almost on par with high end stuff. I mostly use high end stuff like Jemma Kidd and Laura Mercier when it comes to foundations or tinted moisturisers with SPF. They have definitely helped keep my skin uber hyderated and I don't get dry patches/flaky skin like I used to. Most of the face stuff I use have SPF, which helped reduce skin discolouration around my chin area. It wasn't too bad to begin with, though, so I'm not sure if it would help people with really dark patches...but you get my point. Make up is not all bad, assuming you only use quality products and in moderation and don't forget to take it all off at night.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't know why i'm still in here, but 80-85% of women are wearing the wrong bra size. You should get measured, even if it's embarassing that one time, it's worth it to be comfortable the rest of the time.

leadbelly

Banned
Personally I think bras are so 2010. Do women really want to wear them? They're uncomfortable and dig into your back and sides.

Braless and wearing a tight white t-shirt is the way to go!

SolKane

My ex used to always take her bra off the first thing she did when coming to my apartment. She hated wearing bras, she would always tell me. Terribly uncomfortable. But that's OK, I said, I hate it when you wear a bra too.
dj.gif

tigerin

SolKane said:
My ex used to always take her bra off the first thing she did when coming to my apartment. She hated wearing bras, she would always tell me. Terribly uncomfortable. But that's OK, I said, I hate it when you wear a bra too.
dj.gif

should have told her "come at me brah!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom