• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
If you're tacky then I'm total white trash. I buy men's cotton knit boxers and wear them all day around the house with a wife beater. In the winter time I'll switch to baggy pajama bottoms. It's just so comfy.

Also, I sleep naked. I can't stand wearing clothes while I'm trying to sleep. The fabric will start to tug in one direction and it'll bother me way too much. In the winter time, I make up for it by piling more and more comforters and sleeping bags on top of my bed.

I also sleep naked (except for panties.) I'm another person who just moves way too much. And I hate getting indentations in my skin from it.

I hate Wonder Woman. I was a Sailor Moon fan growing up.

Can't be a fan of both? Though I too was more of a Sailor Moon fan (well, Jupiter fan.)

I could NEVER find an April TMNT action figure growing up. I remember my dad sent me one for my birthday one year because he lived in Florida and apparently they had more in stock there for some reason. That was an AMAZING birthday gift.

I had like... three? One was normal April, one was third movie April, and one was total 80s whore April. I never did understand that one. Also the only TMNT doll I had that had REAL hair (real shitty hair.) There was a paint chip missing on her spandex shorts that just made the whole thing worse.

I also had a Mona Lisa. Vastly preferred her.

edit: I had to post a picture of this doll. The hideousness has to be seen to be believed:

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja3D272D.jpg

I hated this doll so so much.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
haha, I guess that's true. But its basically a story about GIRL POWER except they always need to be saved by a hunky man. Also princesses.

The only thing he ever did was throw a damn rose (okay, I guess he got stabbed once or twice.) Otherwise he was always ALWAYS getting captured. At least once per season, and at least in one movie. Tuxedo Mask was far more a damsel in distress than Sailor Moon ever was, and say this as someone that thinks she's one of the most annoying characters ever.

Any of you gals root for any sports teams? I used to root for the niners heavily as a little girl, puberty and the niners sucking ass hit, but I got back on the pony.

Kisaya

Any of you gals root for any sports teams? I used to root for the niners heavily as a little girl, puberty and the niners sucking ass hit, but I got back on the pony.

I usually just root for my state's teams, Yankees, Jets, Giants... I don't like the Mets though ahahha.
I'm more of a soccer person :) specifically I like the national teams, Brazziilll~

Just curious, but was the change in interest due to external pressure to conform or was it due to heightened emotions or something else?

*reads thread, sees discussion of Sailor Moon and comic heroines*

I quite like where this is going.

Oh, and for the record: Sailor Neptune is the best.

Just curious, but was the change in interest due to external pressure to conform or was it due to heightened emotions or what?

Several factors. I grew up spoiled on Young niners. After Young and Rice were gone my interest really fell off, and the onset of giving a shit in general about Football waned. In highschool the football season coincided with my volleyball season, so I was usually spending time training/playing games. So in a way I replaced that competitiveness with my own. Now that I'm no longer in sports and gaming much less, I want to watch them again.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I kind of root for the Ducks. I've never been a school spirit kind of person, but eh... no one wants to see their university lose at something. I'm not really into competitive sports though. I like sports (that I'm doing) where I'm only competing against myself.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I used to be a huge Manchester United fan back in the day, not much into watching football anymore, or any sports really.

I love the World Cup and the Olympics. I just can't really get into other televised sports. Watching them in a stadium can be pretty fun, though.

Yeah, its really about the group atmosphere for me. I went to the Olympics in 2000. That was pretty fun. But otherwise I haven't really gone to many stadium events..

Yeah, its really about the group atmosphere for me. I went to the Olympics in 2000. That was pretty fun. But otherwise I haven't really gone to many stadium events..

I've been to a few football games. Liquor and good company is the only thing that really makes it enjoyable, for me.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
FIFA women's world cup was amazing this year. I didn't know American women football team was so talented, much better than their men counterparts for sure. Wambach and Morgan are actually really good. I was rooting for the Japanese, though. :D Glad they won!

EDIT: OMG, that live-action anime cracked me up, especially the transformation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom