• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard for me to trust most guys. I used to thinks guys and girls can become best friends but every close male friend I've had in the past ended up hitting on me or wanting more than just a friendship.

I think as guys age that changes a lot.

Back in college a friend of mine was polling every guy he knew with the "can guys and girls ever really be just friends" question and it came back about 95% saying "no." But I do think that attitude changes with age. Late maturity I guess ;)

It is hard for me to trust most guys. I used to thinks guys and girls can become best friends but every close male friend I've had in the past ended up hitting on me or wanting more than just a friendship. I'm not the flirty kind at all so I dunno why it keep happening, its so sad because I lost a very very dear friend because of it. I never had to worry about that stuff with my female friends, most are amazing human beings, maybe I'm just extremely lucky that I never had to deal with the girl drama growing up even though I was quite tomboyish back in the day but none of my friends thought I was weird for liking stuff that some boys do.
I'm a guy and quite a large amount of my friends are/were girls. When I used to be in school I'd say at least 40% were girls and right now, about 70% (granted, I have a lot less "friends" than I did when I was 18 years old or whatever, I'm 26 now). In-fact, two of my best friends are girls, both of them are my roommates - the three of us live together.

I would say out of all the girl friends I've had I would of marked at least half of them as 'Would'. I mean, if given the opportunity, I wouldn't mind doing the dirty deed with em... at least on the side - "Friends with Benefits" if you will. Don't be surprised to learn your guy friends would do the same with you, it doesn't mean they're not your friends, or that they're just acting friendly to get in your pants. They're guys, most likely they enjoy hanging out with you despite knowing they're not going to have sex with you but to think they wouldn't if given the chance is sort of silly. Don't get me wrong, guys aren't all pigs, I think my roommates are super hot but I wouldn't bang em - would be way too much awkwardness (they're almost like sisters at this point) and drama, too much of a chance to ruin the household and all that.

Anyways, I had a few girl friends I would flirt with all the time, knowing full well I never had a shot. They'd usually entertain me for shits and giggles and I'd stop whenever I'd start dating someone. It was no big thing.

You girls like a guy with a big flightstick hmm?

wb88Ll.jpg

Steel Battalion?

And with the cruel girl stories, in 8th grade I was in the school drama and this girl told me she threw my dress shoes in the dumpster out back, basically just to be a bitch. Mind you, this was right before dress rehearsal. I didn't believe her at first and went searchin all through our dressing rooms and such practically going batshit crazy. Finally I ended up climbing into the fucking dumpster and started rummaging around until I started hearing her laugh. There I am standing in the dumpster looking down at her while shes holding my shoes. She later put a big blurb about it in the fucking yearbook to embarass the hell out of me for the next couple years.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Got a stye. Ugh.

haaate those :( haven't had one in a while though.

my sister gets them a lot... once i was stupid enough to borrow her eyeliner without sharpening it first and ended up with a super huge one on my bottom lid. unsightly as hell. since then, i'm really careful about not touching my eye area with dirty fingers or makeup/brushes. i still get the odd blocked hair follicle from eyebrow plucking, though, but it's rare.

Kinyou

Steel Battalion?

And with the cruel girl stories, in 8th grade I was in the school drama and this girl told me she threw my dress shoes in the dumpster out back, basically just to be a bitch. Mind you, this was right before dress rehearsal. I didn't believe her at first and went searchin all through our dressing rooms and such practically going batshit crazy. Finally I ended up climbing into the fucking dumpster and started rummaging around until I started hearing her laugh. There I am standing in the dumpster looking down at her while shes holding my shoes. She later put a big blurb about it in the fucking yearbook to embarass the hell out of me for the next couple years.
And that's the moment where you punch someone in the face

haaate those :( haven't had one in a while though.

my sister gets them a lot... once i was stupid enough to borrow her eyeliner without sharpening it first and ended up with a super huge one on my bottom lid. unsightly as hell. since then, i'm really careful about not touching my eye area with dirty fingers or makeup/brushes. i still get the odd blocked hair follicle from eyebrow plucking, though, but it's rare.

Yeah I should be more careful about touching my eyes from now on. Haven't had a stye in years. I'm wearing some beanie with a brim to hold compresses to my eye. I look quite stupid.

Kisaya

This bitch used to pick fights with me back then when I was in middle school ;x She would push me around, throw my crap away, throw shit at me sometimes hahaha. I really don't recall ever doing anything for her to do that to me lmao. What made it even more stupid was that this all happened in a public library and the librarians would witness this shit and not do anything.
Anyway, the last time I saw her, she left her purse unattended and went off to talk to some friends (her phone was dead too apparently). I took her purse and hid it at one of the shelves on another floor and then went home lmao. Never went to the library again, wonder if she ever found her bag hohoho

Does anyone know if it's okay to spot clean blue jeans with hydrogen peroxide?

Long story short I have a small amount of blood that got onto my favorite (and most expensive) pair of jeans. I know you can use peroxide to remove blood stains from other articles of clothing but I don't want to try it with jeans because I'm afraid it'll bleach/fade them. I've noticed jeans are prone to fading even when you just wash them with regular detergent.

Any ideas?

And do you use hot water to get rid of stains or cold? You have to work with me. I suck at laundry.

Does anyone know if it's okay to spot clean blue jeans with hydrogen peroxide?

Long story short I have a small amount of blood that got onto my favorite (and most expensive) pair of jeans. I know you can use peroxide to remove blood stains from other articles of clothing but I don't want to try it with jeans because I'm afraid it'll bleach/fade them. I've noticed jeans are prone to fading even when you just wash them with regular detergent.

Any ideas?

And do you use hot water to get rid of stains or cold? You have to work with me. I suck at laundry.

I get out blood stains by soaking items in dishwashing soap like Dawn. See if that works at all.

I've never had a problem with hydrogen peroxide. I used them for blood stains on my unmentionables before I wised up and just started buying black panties.

I can cook, and I can clean. But I cannot sew. It is my failing.

I cook and sew all the time, but I almost never clean. I just hate it so much.

Kisaya

So I figure girlgaf should know I'm single. Hit a rough patch about a month ago, had a short break then a trial period or whatever, shit didn't change. Amicable split pretty much despite the length of time we were together (8 years).

So I figure girlgaf should know I'm single. Hit a rough patch about a month ago, had a short break then a trial period or whatever, shit didn't change. Amicable split pretty much despite the length of time we were together (8 years).
Your comments in the Post New Pics thread made that more than abundantly clear. ;) Sorry to hear about that, though. :( Damn, eight years.

Your comments in the Post New Pics thread made that more than abundantly clear. ;) Sorry to hear about that, though. :( Damn, eight years.

Yeah I alluded to my own problems when I was giving Shan advice, dunno if anyone read between those lines. I'm sad for what I've lost but feeling like a weight has been lifted.

Wow, that stinks. I'm glad it was amicable but still. Sorry to hear that.

For the most part, yes. Couldn't keep it going the way it was.

Well, hope things are better. As someone on the other end of a somewhat similar situation recently, try and figure out boundaries. My ex seems to think that she can still send me e-mails about random things we would normally talk about. There are going to be 8 million things that come up that you would normally discuss, but I know I had no desire to talk anymore. I wasn't trying to be an ass, it was just a painful reminder. Your ex might be different, but no reason to make the process any harder on him if he just wants a clean break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom