• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

Ladies, and friends of the ladies, of the NeoGAF forums: Happy New Year!

May this year bring you much joy. Stay classy!

SRG01

Is it more awkward for a guy or a girl to have gone a... very... long... time between relationships?

Personal story: I've been technically single for ten years up until this year. I didn't kiss a girl for seven years, and every girl since then was either in the "complicated" grey area or went nowhere past 1st/2nd date. To this date, I've kissed a grand total of three girls.

And I still get dates.

So no, it's not weird.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
What do women like more, sanskrit or being able to play piano? I need to focus on one for 2012.

While I personally would find Sanskrit totally hot, something tells me you'd have more luck with piano. It's probably unlikely you'll find a girl into historical linguistics!

Why can't my boyfriend speak Latin to me.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Hey Girl-Age help me out with this question.

How much weight do you put on your relationship with your father? How has it affected you?

I ask for a variety of reasons but wondering how y'all saw it...

Mum and him divorced when I was wee kid, prolly 6 years old. He already had older kids so he wasn't aropund much with me but he loved my sisters. I didn't really care though, since my mum is one badass woman. She is my mum, my dad and my best friend all in one! :D

Its really weird, but everyone's real pic reminds me of their avatar. And after looking around, I must conclude that we are a pretty good looking bunch :p

If you could have any talent what do you wish it could be?

I wish I could sing :(

Yeah, I'd like to be able to sing a wider range. I can do higher up evanescence style songs, but anything else sounds really weak.

Is coordination a talent? I feel like I'd be able to do a lot of things (dance, be good at sport, play an instrument) if I had that. Or rhythm. No, the power to instantly absorb any language I hear.

leadbelly

Banned
I'd like to have the power to freeze people on the spot except their mouths. So like they can still speak.

I would freeze someone on his driveway and steal his car.

"You bastard!" "come back here!" "If only I could move I would phone the police!"

Just for the lolz really. I would give it him back after a little drive around.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Happy Fucking New Year GirlGAF.

Love you gals.

I know I'm a bit late but right back at ya! <3 And all the girliegaf!

Uh abilities... I'd like to move things with my mind. I can be very lazy sometimes... And possibly teleport so that I can teleport around the world without having to use time and money on stinky airplanes.

How good is Girl-Gaf (or Boy-Gaf for that matter...) at walking in high heels? I got another pair of lovely high heels for christmas and I really want to purchase these awesome things too, but I fucking suck at walking in anything with a thin heel. Tall platforms and thick heels are fine. Any tips? :/

Pilgor

Like this song for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPOFNyvN2Y0

It drives me crazy on two levels. First I wish I could sing like her or someone like her. Having such a powerful voice like that must be amazing.

And second, hearing how awesome Ike sounds on the guitar. The son of a bitch really knew how to play guitar. Criminally underrated as a guitarist, and an awful human being.

Seeing your posts in the guitar thread, I know you can appreciate the Orange gear in that clip.

And you have so many acoustics, surely you must sing too no?

How good is Girl-Gaf (or Boy-Gaf for that matter...) at walking in high heels? I got another pair of lovely high heels for christmas and I really want to purchase these awesome things too, but I fucking suck at walking in anything with a thin heel. Tall platforms and thick heels are fine. Any tips? :/

Oh I'm terrible. I've got double jointed everything, so I just wobble about everywhere. I do like wearing them though.
You could try walking slowly, and only wearing them to events where you can stand/sit without much moving around. :s I haven't come up with any better ideas myself...

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
He tries his best, but I think its harder for him to quit since all his friends are smokers and everybody at his work smokes too. He's not very strong when it comes to temptations like that. He doesn't smoke when he's off work so that's progress.

I bloody hate it, though. I refuse to touch him or kiss him after he's smoked. :\ I wish I didn't hate the smell so much.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Oh I'm terrible. I've got double jointed everything, so I just wobble about everywhere. I do like wearing them though.
You could try walking slowly, and only wearing them to events where you can stand/sit without much moving around. :s I haven't come up with any better ideas myself...

I'm around 5' 8ish so I think I'd look weird them them stilettos. I do love me some wedges and ankle boots with no more than two inches high heels. Those are comfortable like nothing. I also love wearing black trainers.

If he realised how lucky he was to have you, he would quit.

that's not how things work, though do they? Sometimes once you have something you stop putting extra effort in because you think you know that they are not gonna go anywhere. Most people only do that during the dating phase.

Trainers are amazingly comfortable. Its a shame they never match anything but jeans :( Converse are good in that way. I do like gladiator shoes as well, but they tend to fall off if I run..

He tries his best, but I think its harder for him to quit since all his friends are smokers and everybody at his work smokes too. He's not very strong when it comes to temptations like that. He doesn't smoke when he's off work so that's progress.

I bloody hate it, though. I refuse to touch him or kiss him after he's smoked. :\ I wish I didn't hate the smell so much.

That's a real shame :( I wonder if you could get him to do a group pact with his friends or something, if that would help keep him motivated.

that's not how things work, though do they? Sometimes once you have something you stop putting extra effort in because you think you know that they are not gonna go anywhere. Most people only do that during the dating phase.

Maybe I'm the exception, I put as much effort into our relationship now (3+ years) as I did in the beginning.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Heh, most don't care about that. its all about living in the moment and doing whatever you enjoy no matter how harmful it is.

I know its not the same but sometimes I like to eat the most unhealthiest food I can find, all fried and spicy and greasy and what not. :p

In a way it is similar. I don't really think about bad food being unhealthy for me in the long run, though I know it is.

I guess you can try appealing to some of the longer term relationship benefits, like "if you still love me..." "I'm worried about you..."

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
He used to be pretty bad with drinking when he was younger but he quit without much pushing from me or anybody else. I think the problem here is that he really wanted to quit drinking himself, but he doesn't think smoking is as bad as drinking which is why he's not making as much an effort.

leadbelly

Banned
He used to be pretty bad with drinking when he was younger but he quit without much pushing from me or anybody else. I think the problem here is that he really wanted to quit drinking himself, but he doesn't think smoking is as bad as drinking which is why he's not making as much an effort.

Tell him to go for a jog around the block. He will realise just how unhealthy it is after that, trust me. lol

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
heh, will do! Better yet might wake him up early one day if it isn't raining and take him with me so I can rub it in his face. :D

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Hey Girl-Age help me out with this question.

How much weight do you put on your relationship with your father? How has it affected you?

I ask for a variety of reasons but wondering how y'all saw it...

i think my dad is awesome and we get along really well. no one is a perfect parent, but he's a great person and a good man. his number one priority is to his family, and he always worked insanely hard to provide for us. i also know that if i'm ever in a tight spot that i can count on him to help me out. he gives good advice and has a good work and life ethic. i definitely respect my dad a ton, especially now as an adult.

i think a lot of it depends on the quality of the shoe... i have a lot of high heels and i've found the cheap ones without a stocky heel are generally harder to walk in because the construction of the shoe is poor. i tend to avoid shoes with a thin heel in the first place because the heel gets absolutely torn up in the area i live in (medieval city centre) with its old-style stone paved streets.

but shoes with a thin heel are definitely harder to learn to walk in. my tip for those is to take someone out for a walk whose arm you can grab if you are feeling unsteady. that way you save yourself the embarrassment of a potential fall. then just practice walking a bit. you'll likely still run into trouble if you come across some rough terrain, but learning to walk on paved streets and paths shouldn't be too hard!

edit: oh yeah, forgot to mention tai chi! when i started taking it my balance was horrendous. but i can now proudly say i can walk in any shoe, anywhere, because of it! maybe it's wrong to apply the balance principles of tai chi to walking in high heels, but at least i can't say it wasn't useful for me, haha :D

I can do cartwheels in 5 inch stilettos. Really. The key is to just walk on the balls of your feet and not put any weight on your heels unless you're standing still.

Ashes

Banned
I can do cartwheels in 5 inch stilettos. Really. The key is to just walk on the balls of your feet and not put any weight on your heels unless you're standing still.

The girls in my life have misled me then... I'm always amazed at girls wearing stilettos. They say you ought not to walk like that, unless on grass on something.

I swear one of them showed me a youtube clip recently saying something like that. did I totally blank out or something? :p wouldn't surprise me if I did.

How do you girls balance in slippery wintry conditions?

The girls in my life have misled me then... I'm always amazed at girls wearing stilettos. They say you ought not to walk like that, unless on grass on something.

I swear one of them showed me a youtube clip recently saying something like that. did I totally blank out or something? :p wouldn't surprise me if I did.

How do you girls balance in slippery wintry conditions?

I really don't like to wear them that often since they do put a lot of pressure on the balls of your feet. I would not feel safe wearing them in any hint of snow or ice.

I used to wear them all the time in high school so that I could feel taller but having to walk across campus between classes made them not worth it anymore. I've finally come to terms with my 5'3" frame.

I am skeptical of this statement. You have any videos of you doing said cartwheels?

Nope. Maybe next time I'm wearing heels I'll get someone to film me. Like I mentioned before, I don't really wear them much anymore.

I was just wondering, don't you wear the hijab too? I remember someone here saying they did... I can't be the only hijabi gaf :(
(Put up a pic too!!)

I used to wear one but I don't anymore, so I'll chime in to defend it or explain it every now and then. Sorry boo :((( I love that there is a badass hijabi GAF girl though, I pretty much have never met another Muslim gal with my same interests (aside from my sister).

Besides, if I change my avatar, how will I ride my husband's coattails to Internet fame? ;D (also he would be all WTF)

How good is Girl-Gaf (or Boy-Gaf for that matter...) at walking in high heels? /
tumblr_lsqykahwKj1qzsscz.jpg

High heels are sexy but mostly it makes me think of how uncomfortable it is.

I have not worn high heels. ok maybe once but I was drunk and fell and was laughed at

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I love wearing heels, am I the only one? Most of my shoes are high heels, with the exception of my converse and a pair of winter boots I bought recently.

Of course there is such a thing as too high for me. I have a pair with four inch heels which I just can't wear. I always think I'll find some occasion to wear them, but how many occasions call for four inch heels? (don't answer that)

If you want to learn how to wear heels, the best advice is just to wear them a lot. Start with the thicker, lower kind and work your way up to the skinny, tall kind. At first I had no idea how to wear them and my feet hurt a lot. Now it is completely second nature to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom