• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
If you wear heels often and long enough, it will actually hurt to be walking in flats or bare feet.

It kind of does really. At least it's kind of a weird feeling. I've been wearing these new thick soled boots for winter and it was weird at first but now it's okay. Hopefully I haven't lost my ability to wear them by spring :<

so basically it's like foot binding?
yikes.

Um... no, not really.

If you wear heels often and long enough, it will actually hurt to be walking in flats or bare feet.
o_O I'm never wearing heels then. Flats look so much better, anyway.
i said maybe

:mad:

january is still young so shut it :(
iSjtHR9ZUNldw.gif

It doesn't involve actual breaking of feet, but the analogy is apt.
Now I have a legit reason to hate on heels.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!

That doesn't sound healthy or normal. At least right now I can wear either if I wanted to, I wouldn't want to be stuck with one or the other.

Lots of dudes up in this thread. Avatars make it a lot easier to tell. <_<

I'm going to wear false eyelashes for the first time in my life at my cousin's engagement (she decided she wants to get them done so I was like "okay, why not". I have normal eyelashes though, and she has gorgeous long ones. Are we going to look like weirdos? I always thought fake lashes were for people who don't have any lashes or wanted an extreme look ._.

I'm going to wear false eyelashes for the first time in my life at my cousin's engagement (she decided she wants to get them done so I was like "okay, why not". I have normal eyelashes though, and she has gorgeous long ones. Are we going to look like weirdos? I always thought fake lashes were for people who don't have any lashes or wanted an extreme look ._.

avatars aren't necessarily an indicaton :p

I've never worn false eyelashes. For some reason I've never found the look appealing, but I already have pretty thick eyelashes. I've also heard they can start permanently damage the eyelashes. Is that true?

avatars aren't necessarily an indicaton :p

I've never worn false eyelashes. For some reason I've never found the look appealing, but I already have pretty thick eyelashes. I've also heard they can start permanently damage the eyelashes. Is that true?

WAT?! That is pretty important info someone please confirm/deny ;_; and lol sorry, real av January is gonna start messing with my perceptions of people now, haha.

WAT?! That is pretty important info someone please confirm/deny ;_; and lol sorry, real av January is gonna start messing with my perceptions of people now, haha.

My boyfriend decided to use my picture as his, so i did the same. He's pretty tricky. Do you have links to the sort of eyelashes? I dont use them, but I've been looking at these super expensive "art eyelashes" lately. Ridiculous.

Satch

Banned
the glue that you use to attach them is what can be problematic. you can start ripping your eyelashes out if youre not careful when removing the false lashes

if shes already got natural, full eyelashes then yes she's going to look ridiculous with added fakes

if yours arent so great, then you could benefit (i personally dont think theyre that big of a deal), but you need to get something that looks natural

ooooh :D I wore some for the first time a couple of months ago. Are you putting them on yourself? If so, I'd recommend trying them on a few days before. I really like how they look. My eyelashes fade into blonde by the tips, so its nice to have big thick black ones for a while ^^ They looked really obvious to me, but I asked my friend if they were falling off and she hadn't noticed they were on so I don't think you'll look weird :p

I guess its not good for your eyes if you wear them too much, as with anything, but one party isn't "always" so I'm sure you'll be fine. Use eyeliner on the top lid first so that you can glue them away from your real lashes without it being noticeable. ^^

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
My sister used to have the single lashes pack that look very natural. She always used the medium length ones because they look a lot more natural. Never used them myself though because I'm not really fond of the fake lashes look.

My boyfriend decided to use my picture as his, so i did the same. He's pretty tricky.
You both should act/post like each other now if your using each others avs :p

Funny though I was thinking of doing that or if someone was gonna do that :p

Yup next time its swap pics month ;)

So he'll get lots of pm's now huh lol

Prax

Wanted to know what you girls thought of this ad

I'm kinda still in a 'wow, they really did that?' kinda way about it.

I had to watch that ad a couple of times to even understand what what going on... >___>
At first I thought it was just an older woman with heavy makeup having a priss-match with the younger woman..

But then the tampon thing happened and I didn't get it.

Like maybe that older woman was too old-school for tampons?? LOL

Anyway, I finally understood what it was about discriminating against transgendered folk but I could have thought it was knocking against menopausal women. Maybe I need sleep. >_>

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I had to watch that ad a couple of times to even understand what what going on... >___>
At first I thought it was just an older woman with heavy makeup having a priss-match with the younger woman..

But then the tampon thing happened and I didn't get it.

Like maybe that older woman was too old-school for tampons?? LOL

Anyway, I finally understood what it was about discriminating against transgendered folk but I could have thought it was knocking against menopausal women. Maybe I need sleep. >_>

Yeah same here, I was very confused what was happening and then I read the comments... I agree, very very distasteful.

suzu

Commenting on a bunch of stuff! You all are brave for putting up your real photos. :)

I like heeled shoes, but I can't really wear any with tall thin heels. Jealous of girls who can (because I'm short!). I'm usually wearing ankle boots or chucks.

Fake lashes are nice for special occasions, especially when people are forcing you to be in their photos heh. As long as they look somewhat natural and aren't heavy and ridiculous looking.

That commercial is pretty lame and unfunny.

You both should act/post like each other now if your using each others avs :p

Funny though I was thinking of doing that or if someone was gonna do that :p

Yup next time its swap pics month ;)

So he'll get lots of pm's now huh lol

we could never pretend to be one another, I rarely post as it is and he has a very unique writing style.

its much more exciting to have each other's avatars anyways :)

edit: though I couldn't help but make a pass towards him today in the thread :)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I dunno why its so hard for people to just let go of arguments, especially on the internet. I know its so tempting when you make witty posts ridiculing other people that you disagree with, you get a lot of praise and you get the urge to keep going but goddamn it just annoys me when people keep on digging and digging and digging. /rant

ooooh :D I wore some for the first time a couple of months ago. Are you putting them on yourself? If so, I'd recommend trying them on a few days before. I really like how they look. My eyelashes fade into blonde by the tips, so its nice to have big thick black ones for a while ^^ They looked really obvious to me, but I asked my friend if they were falling off and she hadn't noticed they were on so I don't think you'll look weird :p

I guess its not good for your eyes if you wear them too much, as with anything, but one party isn't "always" so I'm sure you'll be fine. Use eyeliner on the top lid first so that you can glue them away from your real lashes without it being noticeable. ^^

Some fancy stylist is doing it, so I won't have much of a chance to try it out early and I definitely won't be doing it myself. My eyelashes are just fine naturally I think--they're shorter than my cousin's gorgeous ones but they're medium to somewhat long maybe? I have a feeling I'm gonna look like a clown hooker, Arab stylists always go nuts on the makeup... XD;;

Satch

Banned
I dunno why its so hard for people to just let go of arguments, especially on the internet. I know its so tempting when you make witty posts ridiculing other people that you disagree with, you get a lot of praise and you get the urge to keep going but goddamn it just annoys me when people keep on digging and digging and digging. /rant

IcvsC.png

Some fancy stylist is doing it, so I won't have much of a chance to try it out early and I definitely won't be doing it myself. My eyelashes are just fine naturally I think--they're shorter than my cousin's gorgeous ones but they're medium to somewhat long maybe? I have a feeling I'm gonna look like a clown hooker, Arab stylists always go nuts on the makeup... XD;;

I wear false eyelashes all the time for conventions. I definitely have enough lashes on my own but the falsies just photograph so much better. They make me look more awake in pictures, instead of looking stoned or tired. If you get the not so dramatic ones people won't even realize you got them on. Also, I've never pulled a lash out while removing them. Don't rip em off when you're done, just remove them slowly.

Wanted to know what you girls thought of this ad

I'm kinda still in a 'wow, they really did that?' kinda way about it.

That is the stupidest damn ad I've ever seen. As though women would be proud of having a period and show it off. I would do terrible things just to get rid of mine altogether. Why are feminine product ads always so douchey?

SRG01

I wear false eyelashes all the time for conventions. I definitely have enough lashes on my own but the falsies just photograph so much better. They make me look more awake in pictures, instead of looking stoned or tired. If you get the not so dramatic ones people won't even realize you got them on. Also, I've never pulled a lash out while removing them. Don't rip em off when you're done, just remove them slowly.

Ballroom dancers use fake lashes all the time, for the same reasons as you. :)

That is the stupidest damn ad I've ever seen. As though women would be proud of having a period and show it off. I would do terrible things just to get rid of mine altogether. Why are feminine product ads always so douchey?
As transwomen become more prominent, we'll probably see more shitty ads like this.

leadbelly

Banned
I wear false eyelashes all the time for conventions. I definitely have enough lashes on my own but the falsies just photograph so much better. They make me look more awake in pictures, instead of looking stoned or tired.

So I need fake eyelashes then. :p

Nah, it's just this particular picture I look stoned in. It's just funny you mentioned it because I said the exact same thing about this picture when I posted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom