• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samara

If I want take out or chocolat, then I know my periods are on its way. Just sitting there and blur out. "damn, I want some chocolate"

Girl gaf, need some assistance. Now, I'm a lights-on kinda guy. I just like to look at whoever I'm with, you know? You can probably guess where this is going.

Anyway, I'm with this girl and we're getting it on. Lights are off, but I'm doing OK. I'm fingering her, and as she likes it pretty rough, I'm being kinda rough. As I take my fingers out to move around a bit, I immediately notice that something is wrong. I turn on a light, and I'm a mass murderer. I'm a fucking butcher. The bed is covered in blood. She runs out to the bathroom, and she's quite upset. This has happened to me before, so it's not a big deal. She got her period a bit earlier than she's used to. Shit happens, but she feels really bad about it. Like, she feels I don't like her anymore, or that I find her disgusting.

How do I deal with this? It's been a week, and she's still acting strange. I tried telling her that I don't care, that I find her just as sexy as I did before. If anything, I actually think it was a little funny, like a bonding moment we can laugh at because we were in it together. I haven't actually told her that last part, but you get the picture. When it happened, I just waited til she was done cleaning herself, I didn't freak out in disgust or anything like that. Totally calm and caring. Should I just wait to let it sort itself out?

What Fallout-NL said. Tell her again it doesn't bother you at all and present a funny ecard or something to add levity to the moment:

PxjK7.jpg

Not to derail period talk but uh I'm getting into Sarah McLachlan again (as well as Garbage), what female singers/songwriters are you guys into or recommend?

Folksy: Laura Marling, Beth Orton

Pop/Electro: La Roux, Little Boots, Imogen Heap, Dubstar, Dragonette, BitterSweet, Moloko, Morcheeba

Rock/indie: Elastica, Kristin Hersh

Just plain great: Amanda Palmer/Dresden Dolls, Girlyman, PJ Harvey

Ah, some of my friends say that they are usually in pain and don't want anyone to touch them so I thought there must have been something wrong with me. :\

My guy doesn't mind the blood either, I know most guys would.

From my experience talking to people, this seems to be a common misconception.

90% of guys have no issue at all, and many of them even take pride in not minding it even though in reality most don't. I think this misconception is from popular media.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Potato chips... :( I need to lay off those because I'm gaining a bit weight but god it is soooo hard! I eat like a mofo but I don't gain too much weight so that's good.

Folksy: Laura Marling, Beth Orton

Pop/Electro: La Roux, Little Boots, Imogen Heap, Dubstar, Dragonette, BitterSweet, Moloko, Morcheeba

Rock/indie: Elastica, Kristin Hersh

Just plain great: Amanda Palmer/Dresden Dolls, Girlyman, PJ Harvey

Oh cool.

I've been listening to this Sarah song a lot lately. Need to change it up before I'm burned out on it.

True for me too. I don't think this is unusual.

What food cravings does menstrualgaf have?

I don't crave chocolate during my period. I'm not a huge chocolate lover in general. I crave hamburgers. What's more, McDonalds hamburgers. I hate McDonalds hamburgers but for some reason I crave them when I'm on my period. I wish I craved a less crappy food. Because then on top of cramps I have a legit McBurger induced belly ache. Blech.

Also berries. Strawberries. Fruit smoothies.

As for mood swings I don't really have them. At least not as a result of hormones and whatnot. If I'm cranky it's because I can't get comfortable or I just feel icky. The same type of cranky as I would be if I had a cold.

Chicken livers. I always want them on my period. I crave chocolate and burgers all the time.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
What kind?

unfortunately i live in a country that seems to hate variety when it comes to potato chip flavours, so i'm mostly confined to things like salt & vinegar and sour cream & onion :(

needless to say when i get to the US i go crazy

Potato chips... :( I need to lay off those because I'm gaining a bit weight but god it is soooo hard! I eat like a mofo but I don't gain too much weight so that's good.

i'm the same way, i'm sure it will catch up with me soon enough, but i always say i might as well take advantage of the situation before my metabolism comes screeching to a halt

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
i'm the same way, i'm sure it will catch up with me soon enough, but i always say i might as well take advantage of the situation before my metabolism comes screeching to a halt

Ah, no I meant fries. We call them chips here in the UK. The other one is called crisps here, heh, so confusing!

I like Metric.

Yeeeeesss. I fell in love after the Scott Pilgrim movie came out.

Female singer/songwriters... Right now I really like Kate Miller-Heidke. She's not really well known, but she was trained as an Opera singer and the way it comes out in her music is just awesome.

Girl gaf, need some assistance. Now, I'm a lights-on kinda guy. I just like to look at whoever I'm with, you know? You can probably guess where this is going.

Anyway, I'm with this girl and we're getting it on. Lights are off, but I'm doing OK. I'm fingering her, and as she likes it pretty rough, I'm being kinda rough. As I take my fingers out to move around a bit, I immediately notice that something is wrong. I turn on a light, and I'm a mass murderer. I'm a fucking butcher. The bed is covered in blood. She runs out to the bathroom, and she's quite upset. This has happened to me before, so it's not a big deal. She got her period a bit earlier than she's used to. Shit happens, but she feels really bad about it. Like, she feels I don't like her anymore, or that I find her disgusting.

How do I deal with this? It's been a week, and she's still acting strange. I tried telling her that I don't care, that I find her just as sexy as I did before. If anything, I actually think it was a little funny, like a bonding moment we can laugh at because we were in it together. I haven't actually told her that last part, but you get the picture. When it happened, I just waited til she was done cleaning herself, I didn't freak out in disgust or anything like that. Totally calm and caring. Should I just wait to let it sort itself out?

I guess another option could be wait until next month and show her you don't care, if she won't listen to you saying it.

Mik2121

So, last time I randomly entered this thread everyone was talking about some seriously gross stuff about tampons and whatnot. About a month or so later, I decide now to enter and the first thing I see is a link to a website where a hand is acting like a vagina and is trying to act funny and stuff.

What the hell?

There's actually a special filter so that if guys come into the thread it looks like we're only talking about women's things. ssshhh.

Ah, no I meant fries. We call them chips here in the UK. The other one is called crisps here, heh, so confusing!

Not as confusing as here, where chips can mean both hot chips (fries?) and potato chips (crisps?). You can usually tell from the context though..

What are some things girlgaf feels they should own but don't for some reason.

I am CONSTANTLY thinking about how awesome a toaster oven would be whenever I make myself a sandwich. Ham, turkey, cheese, fresh roll/bread, lettuce, tomato, etc. Pop it in the toaster oven and make it all toasty and melty (before adding veggies and tomato of course).

This would make my sandwiches at least 100% better. And yet I don't own one. I have the money to buy one but I just... never think of it.

I have a food processor I never use. A rotisserie oven (never used). A George Foreman grill (never used). A deep fryer (never used).

I PROMISE I would use a toaster oven. Seriously!

Also pajamas. I don't own any pajamas right now. I used to but they all got holes in them so I had to throw 'em away. :( As much as I'd like to walk around the house in my underwear ALL the time... there are some times you just need to wear something. At least until I can train my cat to get the mail for me.

Dipper145

I am CONSTANTLY thinking about how awesome a toaster oven would be whenever I make myself a sandwich.
A George Foreman grill (never used).
Breaking into girl-gaf to tell you to use the foreman grill as a sandwich press!

Also yes, it will make your sandwiches so much better.

Breaking into girl-gaf to tell you to use the foreman grill as a sandwich press!

Also yes, it will make your sandwiches so much better.

The George Foreman grill is too much of a bitch to clean. My parents own one and used it once. Everyone in my family got one for Christmas one year. My parents used theirs but none of my other siblings (including myself) have ever taken them out of the package.

Nista

A wine fridge.
Or a flatscreen tv. But then I see threads like that OLED tv CES announcement, and my desire to buy an inferior television wanes.

I have a GF grill and a toaster oven up above my cabinets in the kitchen. Never use them, since the stove/oven is way more awesome.

HD tv. Still got an SD but I'm from the kind of family that just owns and uses shit till it breaks.

Are you playing games on it? Boooo

I bought a plasma in November and I can't believe I ever played games from the HD generation on an SD TV. Many would be absolutely unplayable now.

I should own a stand mixer. I want one for baking!

But they're so freaking expensive... :(

I got mine for cheeeeeap. Kitchenaid I picked up at the store I used to work at when they were going out of business.

Are you playing games on that shit? Boooo

I bought a plasma in November and I can't believe I ever played games from the HD generation on an SD TV. Many would be absolutely unplayable now.

Yeah I play games on it. Heh. Type is the worst. And games like Reach, despite the tv being a widescreen (for sd), stuff still gets cut off.

Nista

Forza 4 is terrible on my tv (old sony XBR 1080i CRT). Most other games are perfectly tolerable though.

I currently have both it and my friend's plasma in the living room, so i can play both xbox and ps3 at once if I so desire, or a movie + one consoles, etc. So I'm cheating a bit, but I can't keep the extra tv forever.

Leeness

I got mine for cheeeeeap. Kitchenaid I picked up at the store I used to work at when they were going out of business.

Forever jealous...

Hey, does anyone in Girl-GAF have any experience with living in other countries and how they got there? I'm Canadian and want to go live and work in Italy. I need to call my consulate soon, but wondering if anyone here has any experience?

Cloudwalking was a Canadian living in the United States before she moved to Switzerland/Sweden or wherever.

I lived in the Philippines. That was when I was a little girl though. I don't remember much about what it was like. Cloudwalking might be a good person to ask though.

Also my Plasma is a 42" Panasonic. $375. ujelly?

Hello girl gaf. Can i ask you guys some questions involving sex and such? PM would be better, thanks!

Edit: this sounds creepy. I'm just asking for tips to pleasure and/or make my gf feel good without sex.

Satch

Banned
Hello girl gaf. Can i ask you guys some questions involving sex and such? PM would be better, thanks!

Edit: this sounds creepy. I'm just asking for tips to pleasure and/or make my gf feel good without sex.

fiddle her bean

i am 100% serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom