• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IcvsC.png

I've actually done that. Serious business.

lexi

Banned
I don't know what to think about that ad. I'm not sure if I can say I'm personally offended because I don't even really understand it.

Let me see if I have the gist of it... I don't know if this person is a drag queen or a transwoman, and I don't even know if that makes a difference, most people probably think they're the same thing. So, this transwoman / drag queen is in some sort of femininity contest with the other woman, and the woman 'wins' by pulling out a tampon.

I don't even know what this insinuates, or what the purpose of the ad is. Is it 'buy our product cause you're a REAL girl, not like this tranny' kinda deal?

Zoe

Lately there's been a trend among feminine care ads to "embrace" the products, be proud of them, be proud that you're a woman.

Personally I think blood pouring out of an orifice is totally disgusting and not something I want to share with other people.

(seemed to me like they were going for the stereotypical drag queen image... she wasn't very attractive to me)

JambiBum

I don't know what to think about that ad. I'm not sure if I can say I'm personally offended because I don't even really understand it.

Let me see if I have the gist of it... I don't know if this person is a drag queen or a transwoman, and I don't even know if that makes a difference, most people probably think they're the same thing. So, this transwoman / drag queen is in some sort of femininity contest with the other woman, and the woman 'wins' by pulling out a tampon.

I don't even know what this insinuates, or what the purpose of the ad is. Is it 'buy our product cause you're a REAL girl, not like this tranny' kinda deal?

I'm a dude, but what it looks like it is trying to get across is that it is a tampon for real women with taste. A classy tampon that only real women use. The ad still makes no damn sense though.

Platy

That is the stupidest damn ad I've ever seen. As though women would be proud of having a period and show it off. I would do terrible things just to get rid of mine altogether. Why are feminine product ads always so douchey?

Because you can do this would get censored to get a broad audience =P
nvtCW.jpg

Also, the comment on the tumblr that i found this image :
Why the fuck is she cuddling with Tampax at what appears to be a pool that is also the ocean?

I want a tampon commercial where the women are fighting zombies or some shit.
And they’re all beat up and bloody and shoving tampons into bullet wounds to stop the bleeding.
And I want one of the ladies to full-on decapitate a zombie with a machete or maybe a scythe.
And then I want her to look directly into the camera with blood running from an open wound on her forehead and say,

“For the fighting spirit.”

Lately there's been a trend among feminine care ads to "embrace" the products, be proud of them, be proud that you're a woman.

Personally I think blood pouring out of an orifice is totally disgusting and not something I want to share with other people.

(seemed to me like they were going for the stereotypical drag queen image... she wasn't very attractive to me)

It's not that period blood is disgusting, but it's certainly not something to "embrace" and be proud of. It's the most miserable part of any month.

As for the transvestite/gendered person, if I was them in that situation I'd be gloating that I don't have to deal with that crap.

Pau

I dunno about the commercial, but the tagline

"Libra gets girls."

clearly implies you'll get girls if you apply whatever cosmetic product they're selling.

I dunno, adverts are cryptic to me; I'm always half-surprised when something totally unrelated to cars turns out to be a commercial for Mazda or something.
Oh man this was my family and I the other day. Some commercial with guitar hero that ended up being about a car? So damn confused. (We also didn't have the volume on so that might have been part of it.) Marketing is a strange beast.

JambiBum

Oh man this was my family and I the other day. Some commercial with guitar hero that ended up being about a car? So damn confused. (We also didn't have the volume on so that might have been part of it.) Marketing is a strange beast.

I don't remember the company those commercials are for but I know what one you are talking about. Basically halfway through playing the game the song changes to some chime that is apparently supposed to be known to everyone that it represents the cars made by the company. So the mother gets super excited at hearing the song and goes outside to find the car in her driveway. They have a couple of different commercials using the same premise. One being a music box that plays the song and another being some elevator music. I get what they are going for but they don't work for me because no one would recognize what the damn song means if they heard it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't remember the company those commercials are for but I know what one you are talking about. Basically halfway through playing the game the song changes to some chime that is apparently supposed to be known to everyone that it represents the cars made by the company. So the mother gets super excited at hearing the song and goes outside to find the car in her driveway. They have a couple of different commercials using the same premise. One being a music box that plays the song and another being some elevator music. I get what they are going for but they don't work for me because no one would recognize what the damn song means if they heard it.
People who would really want a Lexus for a gift would probably know the commercial jingle for it as well, or so the logic would go.

Pau

Ah okay that's what we figured but it still doesn't seem very effective if you don't know what the jingle actually sounds like.

Then again I remembered the commercial so maybe it was effective after all...

Amalthea

Banned

Come on, there are so many commercials that just miss the point entirely.

Too often it seems like those advertisement douchebags just want to show the world how witty and original they are instead of giving the consumer an interesting, desireable representation of the respective product.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
oh god... this is me sometimes D: The amount of times my boyfriend has caught me sneaking back onto gaf on my phone/ while he was in the bathroom to finish an argument...

Haha, it can give you sort of an itchy feeling, doesn't it? It can be hard to concentrate on work when you're in the middle of an argument and can't let it go. Downsides of having a drawn out conversation like you have on forums :< Sometimes I've woken up because I just couldn't stand it and HAD to go see if someone replied.

Haha, it can give you sort of an itchy feeling, doesn't it? It can be hard to concentrate on work when you're in the middle of an argument and can't let it go. Downsides of having a drawn out conversation like you have on forums :< Sometimes I've woken up because I just couldn't stand it and HAD to go see if someone replied.

I've never woken up, but I have stayed up waaaay later than I should have, finger on the F5 key.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
heh, am I the only one who is not that miserable during her period time? :p It doesn't hurt and I don't uh bleed heavy so that's probably it.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
oh god... this is me sometimes D: The amount of times my boyfriend has caught me sneaking back onto gaf on my phone/ while he was in the bathroom to finish an argument...
I'm not a very argumentative type but I would if somebody is especially picking on me. I'm also quite civil if I can even during an argument. I only really get argumentative when people are generalizing about women. Even then I don't really like to make fun of people though. laughing at them and making a whole post along with their avatars posted multiple times ridiculing them just so I could prove how wrong they were and how stupid they were being, like I've seen a few times on GAF, that's just taking it to a whole new level of sad, imo. :\ People like that need to take some time off or cool themselves off or something.

This ad was kinda funny, but now that you mention it I've noticed most ads tend to have an underlying theme of "only women understand/ use this".

heh, am I the only one who is not that miserable during her period time? :p It doesn't hurt and I don't uh bleed heavy so that's probably it.

Ehh, I'm not too bad. I used to get horrible pain until I started on the pill. I don't usually need to even take pain meds/heat packs now. I've noticed I get more emotional though, crying at weird things etc.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I don't get emotional at all, just a tad tired and a bit... well, hornier than usual which some of my friends think is weird, and want me to have a check up because they think there's something wrong with my hormones during my days. Don't think I'm going to, though...

I don't get emotional at all, just a tad tired and a bit... well, hornier than usual which some of my friends think is weird, and want me to have a check up because they think there's something wrong with my hormones during my days. Don't think I'm going to, though...

Nah, I get hornier too. I thought that was normal. Thankfully the bf doesn't seem to mind the blood, but I imagine its a problem for other people.

Being hornier is actually normal. A lot of women, includi myself are hornier before or during their period. Your hormones are quite normal.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Ah, some of my friends say that they are usually in pain and don't want anyone to touch them so I thought there must have been something wrong with me. :\

My guy doesn't mind the blood either, I know most guys would.

As for the transvestite/gendered person, if I was them in that situation I'd be gloating that I don't have to deal with that crap.

I'm trans and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap. Would be kind of unpleasant to gloat, though; and I know other trans women who hate having the whole "you are inferior because BIOLOGY" rubbed in their face.

lexi

Banned
I'm trans and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap. Would be kind of unpleasant to gloat, though; and I know other trans women who hate having the whole "you are inferior because BIOLOGY" rubbed in their face.

'LOL BIOLOGY' is a favorite amongst people who actually have no understanding of biology.

Mengetsu

I've heard that having sex actually eases period pain, so there's a good incentive for 'em ;)

It's quite proven actually. Plus having sex during your period ends it faster for most females due to the blood flow from the multiple orgasms. Quite interesting how the body works.

Truant

Girl gaf, need some assistance. Now, I'm a lights-on kinda guy. I just like to look at whoever I'm with, you know? You can probably guess where this is going.

Anyway, I'm with this girl and we're getting it on. Lights are off, but I'm doing OK. I'm fingering her, and as she likes it pretty rough, I'm being kinda rough. As I take my fingers out to move around a bit, I immediately notice that something is wrong. I turn on a light, and I'm a mass murderer. I'm a fucking butcher. The bed is covered in blood. She runs out to the bathroom, and she's quite upset. This has happened to me before, so it's not a big deal. She got her period a bit earlier than she's used to. Shit happens, but she feels really bad about it. Like, she feels I don't like her anymore, or that I find her disgusting.

How do I deal with this? It's been a week, and she's still acting strange. I tried telling her that I don't care, that I find her just as sexy as I did before. If anything, I actually think it was a little funny, like a bonding moment we can laugh at because we were in it together. I haven't actually told her that last part, but you get the picture. When it happened, I just waited til she was done cleaning herself, I didn't freak out in disgust or anything like that. Totally calm and caring. Should I just wait to let it sort itself out?

Girl gaf, need some assistance. Now, I'm a lights-on kinda guy. I just like to look at whoever I'm with, you know? You can probably guess where this is going.

Anyway, I'm with this girl and we're getting it on. Lights are off, but I'm doing OK. I'm fingering her, and as she likes it pretty rough, I'm being kinda rough. As I take my fingers out to move around a bit, I immediately notice that something is wrong. I turn on a light, and I'm a mass murderer. I'm a fucking butcher. The bed is covered in blood. She runs out to the bathroom, and she's quite upset. This has happened to me before, so it's not a big deal. She got her period a bit earlier than she's used to. Shit happens, but she feels really bad about it. Like, she feels I don't like her anymore, or that I find her disgusting.

How do I deal with this? It's been a week, and she's still acting strange. I tried telling her that I don't care, that I find her just as sexy as I did before. If anything, I actually think it was a little funny, like a bonding moment we can laugh at because we were in it together. I haven't actually told her that last part, but you get the picture. When it happened, I just waited til she was done cleaning herself, I didn't freak out in disgust or anything like that. Totally calm and caring. Should I just wait to let it sort itself out?

No, you should tell her again. Gently grab her by the shoulders, look into her eyes, and tell her that she's the sexiest woman on earth and that you don't care one bit about something as natural as blood/menstruation or whatever.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I've heard that having sex actually eases period pain, so there's a good incentive for 'em ;)

I went through a brief phase of having awful pain in my lower abdomen during my early days, if only I had known this back then! :p

Maybe I'm used to getting period but I don't think its really THAT disgusting. Nothing to gloat about, sure, but nothing to be ashamed of either.

Eh I'm always pissed what's the diff. But self-deprecating joke aside it just pisses me off that I'm at my horniest during my period. Not fair.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

I'm pretty much the same, although recently there has been a lot of pain which I didn't have before. :/ I hope it isn't a permanent thing.

Eh I'm always pissed what's the diff. But self-deprecating joke aside it just pisses me off that I'm at my horniest during my period. Not fair.

True for me too. I don't think this is unusual.

What food cravings does menstrualgaf have?

I don't crave chocolate during my period. I'm not a huge chocolate lover in general. I crave hamburgers. What's more, McDonalds hamburgers. I hate McDonalds hamburgers but for some reason I crave them when I'm on my period. I wish I craved a less crappy food. Because then on top of cramps I have a legit McBurger induced belly ache. Blech.

Also berries. Strawberries. Fruit smoothies.

As for mood swings I don't really have them. At least not as a result of hormones and whatnot. If I'm cranky it's because I can't get comfortable or I just feel icky. The same type of cranky as I would be if I had a cold.

Mine didn't used to be painful or bad at all (just heavy), but now it's awful for the day before and after. Makes me so nauseous too. ;_;

Being hornier is actually normal. A lot of women, includi myself are hornier before or during their period. Your hormones are quite normal.

Ditto. Conflicted feelings, though, as it hurts a lot, but the hormones are going crazy. :/

Cheska

True for me too. I don't think this is unusual.

What food cravings does menstrualgaf have?

I don't crave chocolate during my period. I'm not a huge chocolate lover in general. I crave hamburgers. What's more, McDonalds hamburgers. I hate McDonalds hamburgers but for some reason I crave them when I'm on my period.

I wish I craved a less crappy food. Because hen on top of cramps I have a legit McBurger induced belly ache. Blech.

Also berries. Strawberries. Fruit smoothies.

I crave everything. Seriously, it makes me realize this is probably what it would feel like to be pregnant, and then I think I never want to have sex again.
but we all know how that works ;)

Not to derail period talk but uh I'm getting into Sarah McLachlan again (as well as Garbage), what female singers/songwriters are you guys into or recommend?

Not to derail period talk but uh I'm getting into Sarah McLachlan again (as well as Garbage), what female singers/songwriters are you guys into or recommend?

Hmm. Fleetwood Mac?

You asking this question really makes me realize how little music I own with female singers/musicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom