• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like fun, but I'm still too weirded out by video chat and chat in general to join. I know I make a lot of stupid faces all the time but being forced to watch myself make them would be terrible and awkward.

What does GirlGAF think of the stalker cop thread? I'll repost my post.
*thinks to self* "What thread is this? Oh hey it got bumped, let's read it from the beginning."

Those posts in the first few pages are jokes, right? Those people can't be serious, right?

...Right? D:

http://tinychat.com/girlgaf

Do eeeettt.

Oh and by the way H.P your new avatar is fucking gorgeous!

Awww... thanks. Don't forget that Friday is Suspenders/Ties Day! Let's keep having fun with these RP avatars. :D

It sounds like fun, but I'm still too weirded out by video chat and chat in general to join. I know I make a lot of stupid faces all the time but being forced to watch myself make them would be terrible and awkward.

We didn't do video, just chat-chat. Talked about creepy cops and terrible sites. :p You should join next time. It was very calm and free of creepy, graphic PMs from lurkers. :)

Aaaaaaand I'm to bed. Night, you guys.

H.Protagonist, your new avatar...
irwCCDm5CfuXU.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey GirlGAF. First time posting in this thread, and I gotta say: IT'S SO NICE. The shitty machismo and patriarchal tendencies of GAF really get to me sometimes, and this thread has a largely different feel and tone to it. <3

So, folks were talking about lady-led bands a few pages back, and I wanted to chime in with some favorites.

Team Dresch : Easily my favorite punk band. Song 1 : Song 2
Kimya Dawson : Deceptively happy folksie guitar songs. Song 1 : Song 2 (Warning: Super sad)
Neko Case : Country-inspired singer-songwriter stuff. Song 1
Tori Amos : Totally saved my life in middle school. Song 1 : Song 2
Cocteau Twins : Super cryptic celtic-ish dream pop. Song 1 : Song 2
Le Tigre : Feminist dance pop + punk. Saved my life in high school. Song 1 : Song 2
Mirah : Saved my life in ALWAYS. Song 1 : Song 2 : Song 3

I love sharing music, and I mostly listen to female, feminist, and queer bands, so lemme know if you want me to share more! :)

H.Protagonist, your new avatar...
irwCCDm5CfuXU.gif

qwZfu.gif

Hey GirlGAF. First time posting in this thread, and I gotta say: IT'S SO NICE. The shitty machismo and patriarchal tendencies of GAF really get to me sometimes, and this thread has a largely different feel and tone to it. <3

So, folks were talking about lady-led bands a few pages back, and I wanted to chime in with some favorites.

Team Dresch : Easily my favorite punk band. Song 1 : Song 2
Kimya Dawson : Deceptively happy folksie guitar songs. Song 1 : Song 2 (Warning: Super sad)
Neko Case : Country-inspired singer-songwriter stuff. Song 1
Tori Amos : Totally saved my life in middle school. Song 1 : Song 2
Cocteau Twins : Super cryptic celtic-ish dream pop. Song 1 : Song 2
Le Tigre : Feminist dance pop + punk. Saved my life in high school. Song 1 : Song 2
Mirah : Saved my life in ALWAYS. Song 1 : Song 2 : Song 3

I love sharing music, and I mostly listen to female, feminist, and queer bands, so lemme know if you want me to share more! :)

Welcome! And thanks for the music. I'm always looking for good new tunes.

On the topic of female-led rock bands ... did we mention Lacuna Coil yet? Because if not ... yeah, I love them.

Also not sure if Florence + The Machine counts because The Machine's only a backing band, but I just like their music so much. "Ceremonials" is awesome.

lol :( girl only tiny chat room now, bummer

if you want an oldie to listen to thats always good, listen to mama cass elliot , "new world coming" is really great, thanks LOST for using her music B^)

How many girl/gaygaffers are not attracted to like the top 3 guys most publications seem to like to label "most sexy?"

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Matt Damon

Not attracted to any of these people in the least. Tom Cruise weirds me the fuck out, and he's a fidget. Brad Pitt seems pretty vapid as a human being. Matt Damon has the best personality of the three but his skull looks like it was crafted from an old timey football helmet.

Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Russell Crowe circa Gladiator on the other hand.

Pau

How many girl/gaygaffers are not attracted to like the top 3 guys most publications seem to like to label "most sexy?"

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Matt Damon

Not attracted to any of these people in the least. Tom Cruise weirds me the fuck out, and he's a fidget. Brad Pitt seems pretty vapid as a human being. Matt Damon has the best personality of the three but his skull looks like it was crafted from an old timey football helmet.

Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Russell Crowe circa Gladiator on the other hand.
Not personally attracted to Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt but I can kind of understand it. Matt Damon on the other hand I don't find attractive AT ALL and just don't get. But hey to each their own...

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Matt Damon

Definitely NOT Tom Cruise (Scientology is very disturbing), and Brad, well, he's good-looking, but he's an actor that I admire for his skills, not looks. I'd love to have a drink with him, but I don't 'crush' on him. Ryan Gosling is very nice to look at, but I know nothing about him.

Zoe

Tom Cruise looked good in MI1. Otherwise he usually looks too scruffy or dorky.

Brad Pitt's age is catching up to him...

Matt Damon... Never particularly found him attractive.

Leo was my teenage crush, but then he stayed too scrawny. He finally "grew up" circa Blood Diamond, but I don't find him appealing these days.

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Matt Damon

Not attracted to any of them. Nor the others you listed. I'll take Johnny Depp, Benjamin Bratt, and Javier Bardem any day, though. Also, Sendhil Ramamurthy. He's just so pretty it hurts to look at him.

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Matt Damon

Not straight, but out of the three I'd say I find Damon to be attractive. Pitt isn't bad at all either, I can see the appeal. Cruise looses any potential to have sex appeal considering how batshit insane he is. Isn't Bradley Cooper being touted as the "new" hotness these days? He's okay.
George Clooney, boom. Old and gold.

PS: Benicio Del Toro looks like a drunkard.
Clooney is rather attractive. *feels the need to rewatch Michael Clayton*
Oh my god yes. Started watching Heroes just for him.

Unfortunately he wasn't enough to keep me from stopping once the show got terrible, but damn.
An ex-girlfriend of mine so had/has the hots for him. I think she actually watched all of Heroes and liked it. o_O Plus, last I heard she was going to India as part of an exchange program or whatever.
My celeb men include

Benecio Del Toro
Javier Bardem
Gael Garcia Bernal
The other two I can understand, but Del Toro?

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Matt Damon

I'm honestly not attracted to any actors or celebrities in general. There are some I like as an actor or I enjoy listening to in interviews, but I have no sort of attraction to them. Though I find that I'm weirdly wired when it comes to attraction. I wont be physically attracted to anyone until I get to really know someone and fall for their personalities first. I don't feel like I can really get to know a "celebrity" and if I knew a celebrity on a personal level, then they would stop being a celebrity and instead a friend.

Maiar_m

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Matt Damon

Matt Damon can hold my hand like a cheap night-worker whenever he wants. And I'm straight.

Zoe

Oh my god yes. Started watching Heroes just for him.

Unfortunately he wasn't enough to keep me from stopping once the show got terrible, but damn.

He's on Covert Affairs now, but they ruined his character after the first season.

stupei

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Matt Damon

As a member of both girl and gay gaf my perspective is slightly skewed, but I think one of the most attractive male celebrities is Charlie Hunnam.

Ryan gosling, joesph gordon levitt, jude law

Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel sing a New Year's song and are incredibly attractive at the same time, if you haven't seen it.

Nista

Josh Holloway aka Sayer from Lost! Ohhhh god, he is sooooooooo damn HOT!!

Yeah he totally skewed my watching of Lost. I could never understand the love of Jack, just not my cup of tea.

As for the other three listed above, I'm not attracted to any of them. Tom Cruise I've not liked since Top Gun. Brad Pitt is now the creepy 50s dad in Tree of Life, which is totally un-sexy. Matt Damon I've never seen the physical appeal of either.

I've got odd taste though. I still love watching Hugh Laurie because of his eyes.

Leeness

Yeah he totally skewed my watching of Lost. I could never understand the love of Jack, just not my cup of tea.

VrLkl.gif

I miss him on my TV screen so much... Just looking through my Lost GIFs is making me emotional haha. Loved that show so so much.

And yeah, don't understand Damon or Pitt and generally not Cruise, EXCEPT for Interview with a Vampire. Like, holy god, I don't know what they did to him for that movie because he's not attractive in any other movie or ever, but ~I do believe I have the vapours~ whenever I watch Interview.

Pau

As for the other three listed above, I'm not attracted to any of them. Tom Cruise I've not liked since Top Gun. Brad Pitt is now the creepy 50s dad in Tree of Life, which is totally un-sexy. Matt Damon I've never seen the physical appeal of either.

I've got odd taste though. I still love watching Hugh Laurie because of his eyes.
Hugh Laurie is a beautiful man and thinking so should never fall under odd taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom