• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

D< Yeah I know what you mean. Pretty stupid how some people were saying we shouldn't get so sensitive about it.

"HELP, HELP, MY RIGHT TO SHITPOST IS BEING REPRESSED BY FASCIST LIBERAL FEMINIST MODS! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO SENSITIVE AND EASILY OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING?"

I hope some people do get offended by the forum moderation and leave in a huff. It would make for great popcorn.gif material.

Shit like this is why I get tired with forums. Oh girls are so different guys, let's circle jerk about it. Then in other threads, why don't more women post? Wahhh. Jesus fuck. Ugh.

Oh, great. What is going on? Sooo many idiotic shitty threads lately. There's seems to be a great frequency already in 2012.

I just dropped myself into the bachelor party thread too. I'm not sure my bullshit threshold can take much more.

Oh, great. What is going on? Sooo many idiotic shitty threads lately. There's seems to be a great frequency already in 2012.

I just dropped myself into the bachelor party thread too. I'm not sure my bullshit threshold can take much more.

Typical women are so different, silly and stupid line of shit. I don't really care how much in jest it was, acting like it's new and subversive humor gets me pissed off. It's OLD AND TIRED BOYS.

Duki

Banned
Typical women are so different, silly and stupid line of shit. I don't really care how much in jest it was, acting like it's new and subversive humor gets me pissed off. It's OLD AND TIRED BOYS.

so what youre saying is you dont care that it wasnt offensive

and that you werent meant to be offended

you just want to be offended because rawrrawr i am angry

and im a crazy ingrate for telling you to lighten up and not let this shit bother you

lmao

You know you don't have to read -- or participate in -- those threads, right?

This forum has a hide thread function?

Dev, dont forget that awesome thing I showed you earlier. It's not all bad.

Does Girl GAF know about it?

I don't know if they do =O.

that you werent meant to be offended

and im a crazy ingrate for telling you to lighten up and not let this shit bother you

lmao

You're a jackass for thinking it's not an annoying and pervasive thing. But keep patronizing me about how I should feel.

Orayn

You know you don't have to read -- or participate in -- those threads, right?

Why let it slide? GAF could be a better place if more males would step up and tell their pals when something isn't funny or acceptable.

lmao

What the fuck are you on about, dude?

dream

Uuhh...
Even if I disagreed with a thread, I have the right to put in my opinion.

Sure, and that's cool - it's discourse. It just seems ridiculous for someone to act like a thread they chose to enter and participate in is ruining their forum experience.

Kisaya

Sure, and that's cool - it's discourse. It just seems ridiculous for someone to act like a thread they chose to enter and participate in is ruining their forum experience.

So you're saying that the specific thread she was talking about wasn't offensive?
Um.

Derailing with a stupid question:

Girls, how would you react to a 35+ year old man wearing tight jeans IF he has the pins for it? I'm talking like Hipster tight; a few notches above jeggings, if you will.

Orayn

But it is. Stupid sexist shit already crops up in a number of threads, and it's not pleasant to see it on the front page of the OT.

If I, for example, saw a thread entitled "Atheists are whiny rebellious teenagers," I would reply because it's espousing a sentiment I find directed at me elsewhere, and one I find offensive. Why wouldn't I?

lmao

oh jesus fucking christ

dream

So you're saying that the specific thread that she was talking about wasn't offensive?
Um.

No, I'm saying that on a forum that has 50 threads a page, it's much easier to just ignore one thread than going in there, being shocked by people being stupid, then lamenting their existence in another thread.

Unless you just want to complain about something, that is.

Most people don't include their sex in their usernames. I think females would be extra cautious about it to avoid getting attention and PMs from creepers (Right, Ducky?). I think it's more likely that a guy pretending to be a girl would choose a handle that includes the words girl, gal, chick, etc.

You are about to be owned so hard and you don't even know it.

Kisaya

No, I'm saying that on a forum that has 50 threads a page, it's much easier to just ignore one thread than going in there, being shocked by people being stupid, then lamenting their existence in another thread.

Unless you just want to complain about something, that is.

No, I'm going to post in that thread and point out why it's not tolerable to say things like that.
If we excused/ignored offensive threads then this forum would be a really ugly place.

No, I'm going to post in that thread and point out why it's not tolerable to say things like that.
If we excused offensive threads then this forum would be a really ugly place.
1863082_o.gif

That's really tight lol

It definitely is. I ask because I have a few pairs that would be venturing into this territory. Sure, there are tighter jeans around, but you would most certainly label them as "tight". That being said, I'm 23, so I'm just wondering whether I'll reach an age and think, "well, it's time to grow up now".

Obviously, I am a thinker.

Most people don't include their sex in their usernames. I think females would be extra cautious about it to avoid getting attention and PMs from creepers (Right, Ducky?). I think it's more likely that a guy pretending to be a girl would choose a handle that includes the words girl, gal, chick, etc.

I would generally just look at that name and think "Oh, Jurassic Park reference."

Thinking beyond that kind of says more about the person interpreting it, I imagine.

Satch

Banned

CleverGirl might be a guy?

Does Opiate know he's in a relationship with someone that might be a guy?

lmao

Wow. Your reading comprehension of her post/point is amazing. Ass.

But it is. Stupid sexist shit already crops up in a number of threads, and it's not pleasant to see it on the front page of the OT.

If I, for example, saw a thread entitled "Atheists are whiny rebellious teenagers," I would reply because it's espousing a sentiment I find directed at me elsewhere, and one I find offensive. Why wouldn't I?

Well said.

If we excused/ignored offensive threads then this forum would be a really ugly place.

The onus is on girlgaf to steer clear of stupid sexist threads not lament their existence in the first place. Dream you're so fucking see through.

The onus is on girlgaf to steer clear of stupid sexist threads not lament their existence in the first place. Dream you're so fucking see through.

Don't forget that the onus is also on women to dissuade rapists by dressing properly, not drinking, having friends or going outside. I hear 3 layers of clothing are also recommended. Or so I learned in a thread of gaf.

Duki

Banned
This forum has a hide thread function?

I don't know if they do =O.

You're a jackass for thinking it's not an annoying and pervasive thing. But keep patronizing me about how I should feel.

oh so its only patronising when someone tells you what an appropriate response to something is

not when you unilaterally decide what is acceptable or decent behaviour for absolutely everyone on the forum on absolutely every single social or moral issue that you have an opinion on

which is basically all you do here

ok cool

fact is you are 100% far too sensitive a human being if someone saying

"man, no girl should paint their eyebrows on thats retarded behaviour i mean no one thinks it looks good why do they sometimes do that"

on an internet forum

offends you enough so that a) you have to run to your little forum clique in a huff to complain about it

and b) it literally TOTALLY RUINS YOUR FORUM EXPERIENCE

like this is solid life advice im giving you here, you would literally enjoy your life far more if you were more chilled out and relaxed ok

yours is not a rational response to dudes talking about women painting their eyebrows on

oh so its only patronising when someone tells you what an appropriate response to something is

not when you unilaterally decide what is acceptable or decent behaviour for absolutely everyone on the forum on absolutely every single social or moral issue that you have an opinion on

ok cool

"man, no girl should paint their eyebrows on thats retarded behaviour i mean no one thinks it looks good why do they sometimes do that"

on an internet forum

offends you enough so that a) you have to run to your little forum clique in a huff to complain about it

like this is solid life advice im giving you here, you would literally enjoy your life far more if you were more chilled out and relaxed ok

yours is not a rational response to dudes talking about women painting their eyebrows on
I know exactly what you mean, man

I love my enter key too much, too.

dream

Shouldn't it be? History shows us that when an overtly sexist thread pops up, the mods shut it down and hand out summary justice. You've been in the middle of enough of these frays to know that.

And, really, I don't even begrudge you for getting involved and telling them how stupid they're being. It probably needs to be said. But when you run back here to talk about how weary you are of forums when you're the one who actively decided to participate in the very threads that ruin your day (which is entirely avoidable, by the way), well...that's pretty transparent too.

ok cool

on an internet forum

Shouldn't it be? History shows us that when an overtly sexist thread pops up, the mods shut it down and hand out summary justice. You've been in the middle of enough of these frays to know that.

And, really, I don't even begrudge you for getting involved and telling them how stupid they're being. It probably needs to be said. But when you run back here to talk about how weary you are of forums when you're the one who actively decided to participate in the very threads that ruin your day (which is entirely avoidable, by the way), well...that's pretty transparent too.
the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom