• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that your girlfriend is a dinosaur, you should be impressed that she can even type with those massive claws.
Forget typing, what about the sex?
ibhKK4taJ9tEte.gif

Opiate

"Forum couple drama" is more fun than I expected, frankly. I/we didn't mention anything on GAF for quite some time, but it turns out it's a rather fun new way to mess with each other. If this were a long distance relationship, it would be a great way to communicate (although obviously other means of communication would still be needed, it would be a great way to mix things up).

But it's not long distance, and she's coming over later. So in this case, I just like embarrassing my girlfriend.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, this got moved to Community? I would never have known if I wasn't the type of person to check the Halo thread every five minutes.

I'm curious: has anyone here studied Women's Studies? Or something akin to it? I'm currently going to college for a Women's Studies major and a Gender, Sexualities, and Queer Studies minor. I'm pretty much ridiculously excited. I'm in my second term, and everything is pretty legit thus far. Some shitty politics here and there, but mostly awesome. I like that it's unabashedly political, and doesn't constantly try to reduce socio-political trends down to statistics and patterns.

So yeah, anyone else?

And while I'm here, another song: Kate Bush - Mother Stands for Comfort.

Whoa, this got moved to Community? I would never have known if I wasn't the type of person to check the Halo thread every five minutes.

I'm curious: has anyone here studied Women's Studies? Or something akin to it? I'm currently going to college for a Women's Studies major and a Gender, Sexualities, and Queer Studies minor. I'm pretty much ridiculously excited. I'm in my second term, and everything is pretty legit thus far. Some shitty politics here and there, but mostly awesome. I like that it's unabashedly political, and doesn't constantly try to reduce socio-political trends down to statistics and patterns.

So yeah, anyone else?

I don't study it but I read up on a lot of stuff and watch various things about gender inequality and historical precedent.

CleverGirl

Neo Member

So yeah, anyone else?

I've taken some gender studies classes. I was a communications major for a second, so I had to take things like gender communications and gender in advertising. I thought they were going to be boloney classes, just pointing out the differences between men and women, but they weren't. They were actually both pretty interesting, well the advertising class was more insulting...

Prax

I have too much paranoia to post any real pics of myself on GAF, so real-pic January has been surreal to me. SO MANY FACES.. real people behind the posts!!

I took a couple of anthropology and even linguistic courses to do with gender.
I thought they were extremely interesting, and even eyeopening. Then again, I have always been a feminist at heart, so these kinds of things are fascinating to me.

In one assignment on gender and language I EVEN USED GAF AS AN EXAMPLE. That's right. Message board language as an example of gendered speech~! It was good because I got good marks. xD

I'm on a date posting on gaf. What does that say?

That you should probably crawl out the bathroom window of the restaurant and escape before he notices?

I have too much paranoia to post any real pics of myself on GAF, so real-pic January has been surreal to me. SO MANY FACES.. real people behind the posts!!

I took a couple of anthropology and even linguistic courses to do with gender.
I thought they were extremely interesting, and even eyeopening. Then again, I have always been a feminist at heart, so these kinds of things are fascinating to me.

In one assignment on gender and language I EVEN USED GAF AS AN EXAMPLE. That's right. Message board language as an example of gendered speech~! It was good because I got good marks. xD

Paranoia from stalkers and the like? Or work/people you know seeing you?

Kisaya

I never really thought about taking a women studies class ;o They offered them in high school but I didn't take any... maybe in future semesters I'll throw in a course if I have room~

My boyfriend is fine. It's the comedian who sucks. Also our server was being pretty rude. Taking to me and acting like my boyfriend isn't even here. Pissed my boyfriend off pretty good.

Prax

I'm on a date posting on gaf. What does that say?
Hah, I know the feeling~! I am pretty internet/gaf-addicted as well.
Internet always makes a boring situation less boring!

Paranoia from stalkers and the like? Or work/people you know seeing you?
BOTH! I am supposed to be somewhat of a professional in the future and I figure a lot of my online stuff doesn't shed a fantastic light on that, since I come off as kind of dweeby and/or stupid and/or flippant any my attitude/personality would not seem consistent.

Plus, having no picture keeps the mystery alive. It's kind of more fun that way.

Prax

I'll just keep pretending that you are your avatar, then.

I am.. OK with that!
It's pretty much a younger cartoon version of myself anyway.

I am not sure about the self-identifying badge of girlGAF. It's also fun to be mistaken for a dude because it demonstrates the idea of the prevalent gender assumptions people have.
But then again, I support people being proud of who/what they are and making themselves representatives or ambassadors of their cause. A metagaf political minefield, that.

What cartoons did fellow girlgaf watched when you were little? The old forgotten cartoons thread on the OT got me thinking.

I loved Eek! the Cat when I was little. Two Stupid Dogs too. I could never figure out when Two Stupid Dogs would come on so it was a very rare treat any time I would catch it. Tops for me has to be Powerpuff Girls.

I remember seeing an episode of Powerpuff Girls that had a reference to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I saw this and got all excited about how I got the reference (probably 8 years old at the time) and laughing pretty hard. I just adored the show when I was a little. I was like Buttercup sans superpowers when I was little. :p

Kisaya

What cartoons did fellow girlgaf watched when you were little? The old forgotten cartoons thread on the OT got me thinking.

I loved Eek! the Cat when I was little. Two Stupid Dogs too. I could never figure out when Two Stupid Dogs would come on so it was a very rare treat any time I would catch it. Tops for me has to be Powerpuff Girls.

I remember seeing an episode of Powerpuff Girls that had a reference to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I saw this and got all excited about how I got the reference (probably 8 years old at the time) and laughing pretty hard. I just adored the show when I was a little. I was like Buttercup sans superpowers when I was little. :p

I pretty much grew up with 90s Nicktoons hahah. Saturday mornings were reserved for KidsWB though hehehh... I only watched Fox Kids for Digimon ;p
I never really got into Cartoon Network though for some reason ;/ I did watch it sometimes however ;x

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I liked the less popular cartoons like Samurai X (not an anime fan, but quite liked this one, not sure if I would if I watched it again now though), Johnny Quest. I was never into Simpsons like most though.

CleverGirl

Neo Member
I was all about Nickelodeon too. Hey Arnold! and The Angry Beavers were particular favorites of mine. But when I was really little I liked The Little Mermaid Cartoon (yes there is one) and Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, and the Batman Cartoon and Tiny Toons. Those were amazing.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
When I was very little I loved everything girly. Jem, My Little Ponies, Strawberry Shortcake (The Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak! will never ever leave my head.) When I got a little older, I loved Sonic SatAM, Reboot, and all the Disney related animal cartoons that were out at the time (Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, TaleSpin, and Goof Troop.) I liked Sailor Moon of course, but that came later when I was 14 or so.

Leeness

I watched cartoons like a crazy person.

All the Disney stuff from the late 80s/early 90s. The beginnings of ~mainstream anime~ in NA (or at least it was for me, haha): Sailor Moon (holy crap, that started in 1995 in NA? I can't believe I was only 8 or so), Gundam Wing, Escaflowne, Card Captors (A MYSTIC ADVENTURE), Samurai Pizza Cats. Simpsons, Futurama. Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony. Doug, Pepper Ann, Recess. I'm sure there are more.

So many, haha.

Amalthea

Banned
I watched cartoons like a crazy person.

All the Disney stuff from the late 80s/early 90s. The beginnings of ~mainstream anime~ in NA (or at least it was for me, haha): Sailor Moon (holy crap, that started in 1995 in NA? I can't believe I was only 8 or so), Gundam Wing, Escaflowne, Card Captors (A MYSTIC ADVENTURE), Samurai Pizza Cats. Simpsons, Futurama. Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony. Doug, Pepper Ann, Recess. I'm sure there are more.

So many, haha.

I alway sat trough the whole cartoon-block on my favourite channel. No matter what was on. lol

I watched waaaay too many cartoons when I was a kid.

I loved ninja turtles, shark attack, two stupid dogs, pirates of the dark waters, 13 ghosts of scoobie do, a pup named scoobie do, sesame streets, muppet babies. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the disney cartoons (rescue rangers, gummie bears, etc.) and my favorite by far was the new adventures of winnie the pooh. I watched the television series every day and my parents bought the books that went with them. Every night, my father would read them to me.

I also remember enjoying a lot of nickelodeon cartoons, like muppet babies and eureka's castle.

I also watched a lot of old cartoons. My mother had a collection of black and white cartoons that she used to love watching when she was growing up in Cuba, mostly old Bettie Boop. We would watch those constantly, especially when I would visit my abuela.

Really, I just watched way too much television

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom