• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I didn't mean that it wasn't offensive in general or anything, just that I'm not bothered by being labeled as such. Nevertheless, I probably should have phrased that better.

Well if you're not insulted by it, it's not that big of an issue. I just loathe phrases like "pussification of America."

I want to hit people when I hear them say this.

I cannot even articulate my rage :|

Same. The guys in my office know it pisses me off so they say it now just to get dirty look or threat of violence from my direction. They know and (somewhat) agree with why I dislike it, but to them it's no big deal to use it.

RawPower

Banned
"Wussification of America" would work better. But even then, it takes more courage to be up front with your emotions instead of hiding them.

Leeness

So I'm going back to school, kind of! Online school. I'm excited. :)

And yeah...no thanks to "pussy" as an insult. The only things I call pussies are pussy willows!

pussy+willow.jpg

:)

So I'm going back to school, kind of! Online school. I'm excited. :)

And yeah...no thanks to "pussy" as an insult. The only things I call pussies are pussy willows!

pussy+willow.jpg

:)

Congrats! What are you studying? You'll have to let me know if online schooling works. I've heard mixed things about it.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
What do you guys do when you have no time for gym or if you are at home but the weather outside is shitty as hell and you just don't want to go out for a jog?

What do you guys do when you have no time for gym or if you are at home but the weather outside is shitty as hell and you just don't want to go out for a jog?

Blast some music and dance it out. Fun AND a good workout. Just have to make sure to throw crunches, squats and stretching between songs.

I do this. It's a looooooot of fun, even though I look like a fool :D

Teaching in China and Japan robbed me of any shame/embarrassment, so I just dance. :D Being foolish keeps us looking young, after all. <--- I've been slightly horrified at that Sex-Age-Peaking thread in OT. Women peak at 20-24? Ouch.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Teaching in China and Japan robbed me of any shame/embarrassment, so I just dance. :D Being foolish keeps us looking young, after all. <--- I've been slightly horrified at that Sex-Age-Peaking thread in OT. Women peak at 20-24? Ouch.

I know, right! And maybe it's just because I am a woman, but I think older women are sexier because they have more experience and confidence than most women in their early 20s. You can see it in their face and in their eyes. I guess I just look at older women and see something to aspire to (beats pining after long past youth.)

I know, right! And maybe it's just because I am a woman, but I think older women are sexier because they have more experience and confidence than most women in their early 20s. You can see it in their face and in their eyes. I guess I just look at older women and see something to aspire to (beats pining after long past youth.)

The same. Older women exude a kind of easy confidence (some anyway) because I think we're far more comfortable with ourselves and out to do as we please, as opposed to worrying about just pleasing others in the affirmation-neediness period of inexperience and youth. No point in pining after lost youth anyway. :p

No way. I hate to use the logical fallacy of personal experience to negate a given statistic, but count me among the self-described fine wine crowd.

There's no way the peak age is at 20-24. A lot of people still don't really know what they're doing at that age. It's just a simple matter of experience.

Edit: Oh just saw the thread and it's only about looks. Well then for me i would probably say somewhere around the early 30s, probably a little bit later for men.

Leeness

Congrats! What are you studying? You'll have to let me know if online schooling works. I've heard mixed things about it.

If they let me in. Haha. Hope I'm not too stupid. I'm going to be taking a legal admin assistant course.

Inanna said:

I usually don't go to the gym or for a jog! I use DVDs haha. Jillian Michaels!

If they let me in. Haha. Hope I'm not too stupid. I'm going to be taking a legal admin assistant course.

I usually don't go to the gym or for a jog! I use DVDs haha. Jillian Michaels!

You'll do fine, and as a Legal Admin Assistant you'll also be crushing the majority of us in the salary department. ^_^

god I'm so glad I'm not the only person who does this.

I dance look a fool when nobody else is around.

It's the only way, Ducky. The only way. (I AM A DANCING FOOL!)

Yup, all the best moves come from us who can't dance...

Any GirlGaf good with styling? I have bought a beyoootiful 50s style dress to wear out tomorrow night. I have pretty much everything sorted apart from:

HAIR: I've booked to go in for an up-do tomorrow morning, but am unsure. My hair's shoulder length, blue-turqouise at the moment and I was leaning towards a sort of tame beehive (not a towering beast to rival Marge!) but don't want to look like the 50ft woman (I'm approx 5'10 wihtout heels)

SHOES: faithful old military style lace up boots? Or shiny patent heels? As mentioned, I'm pretty tall anyway. Also, clear tights/stockings or black leggings?

I'm so confused and not a girly-girl at all so HELP PLEASE fellow Gaf-ladies

Aren't we all? I dance like a fool myself! XD

Dancing fools, unite! Best feeling blasting something with a strong beat and just letting it all go. I'll do that tonight, methinks. :D

Neither can I, but I still do. It's fun!

Pffft. You dance just fine, Clear. I've seen you on RP TC so I know. It's in our BLOOD. O_O

Any GirlGaf good with styling? I have bought a beyoootiful 50s style dress to wear out tomorrow night. I have pretty much everything sorted apart from:

HAIR: I've booked to go in for an up-do tomorrow morning, but am unsure. My hair's shoulder length, blue-turqouise at the moment and I was leaning towards a sort of tame beehive (not a towering beast to rival Marge!) but don't want to look like the 50ft woman (I'm approx 5'10 wihtout heels)

SHOES: faithful old military style lace up boots? Or shiny patent heels? As mentioned, I'm pretty tall anyway. Also, clear tights/stockings or black leggings?

Mmm... I wish I could help more. I'm pretty far removed from being a girly-girl, and have definitely never attempted anything like a '50s style. All I can think of is from the logistical side, that being, a beehive with only shoulder-length hair may fall out pretty easily if you move too much. Perhaps a finger wave down would be better? And your hair is blue? Awesome! We expect pics of the final ensemble, of course. ;) For shoes, military doesn't seem really '50s, so the heels...? Don't know unless you model them both for us.

CooTooLoo

Banned

The dress is super cute.

Wear some black flats with a bow on them or something since you're tall. I wouldn't recommend wearing military style lace up boots, especially if you're trying to look girly. They would certainly clash. If it was me, I wouldn't do stockings or tights, even if you're pale. I feel it only looks good with certain style/lengths of dresses. Tame beehive sounds really cute and will go well with the 50's look, but I like the look of hair down, especially if you're hair is short and has some color in it.

Cookie Cutter

Neo Member

I'm not that girly and a tall chick myself. Flats are your friend. I'm also debating on what to wear to a pretty big event coming up next week.

But I agree with prior post that the boots wouldnt be the best choice for the look.

Thanks for all the FAB feedback guys, I think I'll compromise and go for the heels (with a pair of trusty flats in my bag). Yeah, the boots I thought would fit if I was intentionally clashing, but I think I'll give all-out 'girly' a try just for one night...

Hair should jazz it up a bit anyway. Have taken the easy way out and booked an appointment with a stylist tomorrow (cheating, but they can advise!). It's usually red/pink unless I'm trying to re-condition it (in which case I'm an all out natural brunette!), but the blue is an awesome change! I've never done it any of these shades before, but a quick peek here. Will try and find any decent ones after tomorrow night of the final product. Cos you asked so nice

Emitan

I think my brain is hardwired to hate dancing. It's not that I'm bad at it (which I am) I just cant enjoy it :(

Made taking dates to school dances really awkward.

CooTooLoo

Banned
Thanks for all the FAB feedback guys, I think I'll compromise and go for the heels (with a pair of trusty flats in my bag). Yeah, the boots I thought would fit if I was intentionally clashing, but I think I'll give all-out 'girly' a try just for one night...

Hair should jazz it up a bit anyway. Have taken the easy way out and booked an appointment with a stylist tomorrow (cheating, but they can advise!). It's usually red/pink unless I'm trying to re-condition it (in which case I'm an all out natural brunette!), but the blue is an awesome change! I've never done it any of these shades before, but a quick peek here. Will try and find any decent ones after tomorrow night of the final product. Cos you asked so nice

Your hair is awesome!

I think my brain is hardwired to hate dancing. It's not that I'm bad at it (which I am) I just cant enjoy it :(

I wish I had dance classes to learn, but yeah I'm awful at dancing :(

Except for slow dancing/close, at least I don't struggle at that, though I assume most don't :p

Okay, I have to ask, what's up with your avatar? Some sort of club going on between Boney, Gravijah, and you?

Emitan

Okay, I have to ask, what's up with your avatar? Some sort of club going on between Boney, Gravijah, and you?

It's a light music club!

We've been watching K-On!! and I don't know what has happened to my life...

Except for slow dancing/close, at least I don't struggle at that, though I assume most don't :p
Slow dancing is fine because that's more about the person you're with than dancing. I've enjoyed quite a few slow dances in my time.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Justice is swift; on the wings of an angel does it fly.

This is why I warned people about thinking about what they're posting before going through with it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I'll change the account approval process to recovering an untouched snowflake from the summit of Mount Everest and every junior's first post will still be LOLWUT [IMG]CATS.GIF[/IMG]. Thanks, Facebook and Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom