• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Nooo, I'm sick and achy all over. Try to call in sick to work tomorrow even though I know they have no one to cover with? I might be useless if I feel like this again tomorrow.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Nooo, I'm sick and achy all over. Try to call in sick to work tomorrow even though I know they have no one to cover with? I might be useless if I feel like this again tomorrow.

I've had to go to work sick many a time because I was the only one :/ Hope you get better soon!

Also, nice avatar :O I very much approve.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
When I was a junior we didn't even have welcome threads. We were thrown in the pool to sink or swim after walking three miles uphill in the snow.

I remember that. I don't think I posted in the OT for well over a year after joining GAF. Only stayed at the gaming side and mostly in MGS4 topics.

Oh and welcome new members posting in here!

I remember that. I don't think I posted in the OT for well over a year after joining GAF. Only stayed at the gaming side and mostly in MGS4 topics.

Oh and welcome new members posting in here!
Liar! The Junior Welcoming Act was passed in 2007.
Actually, a quick search shows there have been junior welcoming trap threads since 2005 and before.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
Welcome DanainPurple. I saw your b/f posted pictures of you in the g/f thread. super cute, I love your hair :).

Thank you very much Arsenic Yellow!! Yeah, he posted those last night hehe, I feel kinda weird with short hair, I had long hair for almost all my life, but I am liking it ^^ :) Yours is fantastic, really suits ya!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Liar! The Junior Welcoming Act was passed in 2007.
Actually, a quick search shows there have been junior welcoming trap threads since 2005 and before.

Well, I never went into the OT the first year so I didn't know if there was one or not. :p

Thank you very much Arsenic Yellow!! Yeah, he posted those last night hehe, I feel kinda weird with short hair, I had long hair for almost all my life, but I am liking it ^^ :) Yours is fantastic, really suits ya!

Thanks! It's actually a bit shorter now than those pictures, I usually wear it up (just dry it, I hate most hair products). How long have you had it short?? I dont think I'll ever grow mine out again. :)

Also yeah, long distant relationships are hard. I'll be moving much closer to mine next week and hopefully once he finds a job in his field in my area, he will move in.

Leeness

I've had to go to work sick many a time because I was the only one :/ Hope you get better soon!

Also, nice avatar :O I very much approve.

Haha I went in and about an hour into my shift, they were all "um you look like death, go home". Yay.

Favourite game ever? Favourite game ever :)

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
Thanks! It's actually a bit shorter now than those pictures, I usually wear it up (just dry it, I hate most hair products). How long have you had it short?? I dont think I'll ever grow mine out again. :)

Also yeah, long distant relationships are hard. I'll be moving much closer to mine next week and hopefully once he finds a job in his field in my area, he will move in.

I've had it short since last september, and shorter (the way i have it now) since december just before going to visit my bf. I miss my long hair and defo I'll let it grow again ^^ and take care of it, I've done so much stuff in my poor hair lol.

And you look fantastic with short hair cuz your face is really thin, my face is more like a square so I'd look weird hehe.

Yeah, we have a similar plan for us, once he finishes school in june and find a job, i will try getting a student or job visa and try to find a place to move in together. I miss him so much all the time so yeah, defo we have to do it asap :D

My boyfriend are talking about moving in together. We're almost always sleeping over at eachothers places every other day anyway. Last week I think I spent two nights actually sleeping over at my place. It's hard going back even when it's just for a night. We just feel better overall when we're together.

On an unrelated note.

I started NuvaRing last Saturday and it (I) basically killed our intimacy for a whole week. Let me give you a little background information. I was on hormonal BC for a while to help balance out my cycle a couple years ago but stopped because I couldn't be arsed to remember taking it, plus I started to have a more normal menstrual cycle. Apart from getting headaches from time to time I don't remember having any debilitating side effects.

Well last week I got a prescription for the nuvaring and I started it on the 28th of January (Friday). By the following Monday I was a gassy, crampy mess. It was disgusting. I felt like a bloated gas giant who was always on the precipice of a fart. My significant other went a week without sex because I felt like ****. Incredibly gross. I took it out on Wednesday and I haven't feel back to 100% until today.

I'm fairly positive that this was the result of the nuva ring but there's still a little bit of me holding out hope that it wasn't. Part of what makes me think maybe it was just a coincidence is why would I have such an adverse reaction to nuva ring but not the pill back when I was taking that? Don't they both work in about exactly the same way? If it's something specifically to do with the NuvaRing do you think I could go on some other hormonal birth control (patch? something?) and not have the same problem or would all hormonal BC affect me in the same way? If that's the case are my only other BC alternatives an IUD or condoms?

My roommate has an IUD. I hear that's something you should only get if you've already had a kid though. Also I hear it's extremely painful. It's pretty much a T shaped object they shove into your cervix/uterus right? No fun.?

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
My best friend and her boyfriend have a similar living arrangement. I think they'd be happier just living together, but circumstances unfortunately prevent it for them. I'd say go for it if you can.

I think the same way, but yeah sometimes, the moment is like not the best, but when you find the chance, just do it.

Zoe

I'm fairly positive that this was the result of the nuva ring but there's still a little bit of me holding out hope that it wasn't. Part of what makes me think maybe it was just a coincidence is why would I have such an adverse reaction to nuva ring but not the pill back when I was taking that? Don't they both work in about exactly the same way? If it's something specifically to do with the NuvaRing do you think I could go on some other hormonal birth control (patch? something?) and not have the same problem or would all hormonal BC affect me in the same way? If that's the case are my only other BC alternatives an IUD or condoms?

My roommate has an IUD. I hear that's something you should only get if you've already had a kid though. Also I hear it's extremely painful. It's pretty much a T shaped object they shove into your cervix/uterus right? No fun.?

It's possible that the amount of hormones are different in the ring. Not all BC are given at the same dose, even among oral contraceptives. You could try the depo shot, but that's probably going to have a strong effect as well considering it's meant to last three months. I don't believe the patch is recommended any more. I've heard the same thing about IUD's regarding the pain.

In all honestly, you would have had a better idea of its effect if you had kept at it. Sometimes your body just needs time to adjust (that's also why they say don't have unprotected sex for the first month after switching BC), and now that you've been going without for a few days, you'll have to start from scratch again.

When I first started on BC, I had spotting for a month.

It's possible that the amount of hormones are different in the ring. Not all BC are given at the same dose, even among oral contraceptives. You could try the depo shot, but that's probably going to have a strong effect as well considering it's meant to last three months. I don't believe the patch is recommended any more. I've heard the same thing about IUD's regarding the pain.

In all honestly, you would have had a better idea of its effect if you had kept at it. Sometimes your body just needs time to adjust (that's also why they say don't have unprotected sex for the first month after switching BC), and now that you've been going without for a few days, you'll have to start from scratch again.

When I first started on BC, I had spotting for a month.

Yeah maybe I should just tough it out. I need to wait a month before I can get another one though. Otherwise I'd have to pay out of pocket. I don't know that I'd WANT to tough it out.

Last night my boyfriend and I were... being intimate with eachother. I noticed I was spotting after I went pee before there was any actual penetration, although other things had taken place. There was nothing that would have pinched or nicked me so I thought maybe I was starting my period. It would have been WAY too early but I thought it might make sense that my period and the nuva ring were possibly at odds with eachother. Except when I woke up this morning there was nothing else. I was somewhat hoping that was all it was.

I asked another person about the IUD and she seems to love hers. I really need to make a doctors appointment.

Zoe

Getting on the hormones and then going off of them like that probably messed things up a little bit. When you're not getting that dose of hormones, that's telling your body it's time to get your period.

Cookie Cutter

Neo Member
I've had an IUD placed in about 3 times now. I have to tell you from my experience...It's not painful. No more uncomfortable than a papsmear and a little pinch. (like half a menstrual cramp) But everyone's different.

My boyfriend are talking about moving in together. We're almost always sleeping over at eachothers places every other day anyway. Last week I think I spent two nights actually sleeping over at my place. It's hard going back even when it's just for a night. We just feel better overall when we're together.

On an unrelated note.

I started NuvaRing last Saturday and it (I) basically killed our intimacy for a whole week. Let me give you a little background information. I was on hormonal BC for a while to help balance out my cycle a couple years ago but stopped because I couldn't be arsed to remember taking it, plus I started to have a more normal menstrual cycle. Apart from getting headaches from time to time I don't remember having any debilitating side effects.

Well last week I got a prescription for the nuvaring and I started it on the 28th of January (Friday). By the following Monday I was a gassy, crampy mess. It was disgusting. I felt like a bloated gas giant who was always on the precipice of a fart. My significant other went a week without sex because I felt like ****. Incredibly gross. I took it out on Wednesday and I haven't feel back to 100% until today.

Some of the most common side effects usually clear up after two or three months. They include

bleeding between periods
breast tenderness
nausea and vomiting

NuvaRing may also cause more long-lasting side effects. It may cause increased vaginal discharge, vaginal irritation, or infection. The hormones in NuvaRing may change a woman’s sexual desire.

It’s important that you find a method that won’t make you feel sick or uncomfortable. If you continue to experience side effects after using the vaginal ring for three months, talk with your health care provider.

=/

There's the shot, there's the IUD, there's an arm insert, there's a patch.

Info.

Also in a long distance relationship, it's hard but it's so much easier now than when I was in the same position 8 years ago. I did it pre-webcam business.

Yeah maybe I should just tough it out. I need to wait a month before I can get another one though. Otherwise I'd have to pay out of pocket. I don't know that I'd WANT to tough it out.

Last night my boyfriend and I were... being intimate with eachother. I noticed I was spotting after I went pee before there was any actual penetration, although other things had taken place. There was nothing that would have pinched or nicked me so I thought maybe I was starting my period. It would have been WAY too early but I thought it might make sense that my period and the nuva ring were possibly at odds with eachother. Except when I woke up this morning there was nothing else. I was somewhat hoping that was all it was.

I asked another person about the IUD and she seems to love hers. I really need to make a doctors appointment.

Like stress, arousal can also trigger spotting.

Also, something that is "topical" like NR would probably have different side effects to an oral contraceptive, and might "hit" you differently, until your body adjusts.

But yes, a gyno's opinion will be more conclusive and helpful. No sense feeling as though you're on the precipice of a fart forever. Though it'd be one way to work your glutes...

What is an OTP?

I would read your fanfic...maybe.
I would read it too.
Except I would mark out all the sections about icky Timedog (no offense if you are reading this) parts and substitute someone else. >_>
Shocking Alberto's idea of Billychu X Professor Beef from Real Pic GAF is the best one. But I'm biased. Slightly.
I didn't realize that you leaned that way. ;) Certainly explains a lot.

Are you joking? :T
Would I joke about that?
ikdQMCv69mk9h.jpg

*lips start to tremble*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom