• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I'm watching the Soprano's lately. I'm about halfway through season 3.

I hate what happened to Dr. Melfi in season 3 but I really thought the challenge it produced for her character. Her battling over whether or not to tell Tony Soprano... very interesting.

I never got into this show before but after giving it a chance I have to put it up in my top 10 TV shows ever.

If she doesn't she can go for it, just sayin' since I've been there and all.
I thought you liked how you looked with shorter hair. I guess that fits in with your semi-recent shift to looking more traditionally feminine.

Just in case I sound snarky in any way, that's not my intent.

I thought you liked how you looked with shorter hair. I guess that fits in with your semi-recent shift to looking more traditionally feminine.

I did but it definitely requires a little face paint if you want to look more feminine. I didn't care about looking a bit more andro at that time.

Watching more of Breaking Bad, I think Lin sells it short to an extent. It does feel like its critical of the traditional masculinity exhibited in these kinds of stories. Perhaps it devolves later on.

I'd say definitely do it. Got my hair cut pixie at 18, had hair down to my waist prior. 8 years later and I've never looked back. Posted a recent picture of my hair but will repost it for this:
Hni64dG.jpg
I don't wear any more makeup than I did before and I don't feel I look any less feminine, but that really depends on your bone structure. I say anyone who is considering it should try it at least once. Hair grows back, it isn't the end of the world.

If you're a little timid, I'd recommend leaving 4-5 inches on top, gives you a little to mess around with. My hair looks a lot shorter when it's lying down, when I want to go more wild, ill put texturizer. You can get quite a few different looks from short hair, much more than you'd expect. I find the makeup thing to be really dependent on you, some light makup and some mascara may be all you need.

edit: I also find that adding eyeliner under your upper lid, instead of on top really helps bring out your eyes, especially if you're going for a natural look. Finding an eyeliner that will stay on it, due to the extra moisture, can be tricky. Milani (convenience store) and Guerlain (high end/expensive) are so far the best I've seen lasting all day, while MAC eyeliner lasts 2-3 hours tops.

Season 2 midway till the finale is really when the show gets into its element. From season 3 on it's just top notch stuff.

Jane :(
You actually liked her? Beyond the obvious eye candy that she was supposed to be?

Season three is off to a weird start, on episode two right now.

Edit: The end of episode two... what.

We're at about the same spot Femmeworth, I just finished ep 5.

I actually really like Skyler. Everyone that's seen later seasons is telling me she's awful though. Walt is frustrating me.

We're at about the same spot Femmeworth, I just finished ep 5.

I actually really like Skyler. Everyone that's seen later seasons is telling me she's awful though. Walt is frustrating me.
I want to like her since she is in the right, but the show is designed so you don't. My hatred for Walt has kind of puttered out at the moment, needs more fuel which I'm sure will be supplied.

Testing... testing...

Is my post blue for anyone? Like, literally the color blue...? I feel like I must be going crazy or something. -_-;

EDIT: Never mind. Some new feature, I guess? That's what I get for not staying in the loop.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It's kinda messing with me because I use the Pro Dark skin. I have it so I don't strain my eyes and now my posts are light grey on white which is just blinding!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I don't think I sold Breaking Bad short at all. It is a fantastic character study. Being pulp is not bad by itself. My problem is when people romanticize the show into being what it isn't. We're talking about a story where, if this happened in real life, Walt and Jesse would be dead in under six months yet people think it's trying to comment on society ills and blah blah like it's the fucking Wire.
Ehh, I kind of disagree with this statement; due to the nature of a visual medium you CAN comment on such serious topics without staying true to reality - films or any form of media don't have to be naturalistic to deliver a message. Of course you could make a argument that such naturalism does tend to make for a stronger message in case of The Wire and many italian neorealist films, but I don't think the lack of realism in Breaking Bad prevents it from being good social commetary. (I'm not saying it is though to be fair).

Opiate

Yo fuck cramps for real.

Speaking of this topic, Dev, I recently talked with my girlfriend about an incident some time ago where you questioned Aguirre's femininity; she stated that it sometimes felt like she needed to urinate when in reality her period was starting. You mentioned that this never happens to you.

For what it's worth, my girlfriend has corroborated that this sometimes happens to her. This does not convince me that Aguirre is a girl, mind you -- but at the very least it doesn't disprove the claim.

Speaking of this topic, Dev, I recently talked with my girlfriend about an incident some time ago where you questioned Aguirre's femininity; she stated that it sometimes felt like she needed to urinate when in reality her period was starting. You mentioned that this never happens to you.

For what it's worth, my girlfriend has corroborated that this sometimes happens to her. This does not convince me that Aguirre is a girl, mind you -- but at the very least it doesn't disprove the claim.

What? That's not what she stated.

holding in what you think is pee but is actually menstruation blood. and of course since you were holding it, it creates pressure thus causing it to hit the toilet bowl water and go everywhere.

That's what she stated. I always feel like I gotta pee on my period. I wouldn't have questioned that assertion.

So we really don't know either way? At this point I don't really care anymore.

Opiate

Okay, clearly I am not familiar enough with female menstruation to have noticed this distinction. Of course, I also don't pretend to be a girl, so I suppose my ignorance is permissible.

suzu

Haha, what!

If only it were possible to hold it in...

Why do people keep discussing this Aguirre person in every thread? Why is GAF so interested in their gender?

I dunno about other threads, but as for dev and opiate's post: I suppose it's because people don't believe Aguirre's sex is female.

Why do people keep discussing this Aguirre person in every thread? Why is GAF so interested in their gender?
Because she or he is a goddamn joke character.

Everything that Aguirre writes sounds like some sort of anime trope and many hetero guy gaffers have been dry thirst begging little ol' Aggy ever since she showed up in the funny pics thread with all her anime uguu kawaii shit.

Fucking sick of it.

edit: Also, I'm back from a party and I've been drinking so forgive my sudden outburst in a thread that doesn't pertain to me.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It doesn't matter. This is the internet. Here on NeoGAF we have men presenting as women, women presenting as men, people of ambiguity, transitioning transgender people, all of it. What it comes down to is that you need to not give a shit about what someone's gender identity or presentation is unless you plan on doing something romantically with them in real life, which is extremely unlikely and shouldn't be the goal of your interactions anyway in these circumstances.

I take everything at face value unless there's reason not to; not reason to question what they're claiming, but reason why it should actually matter whether they're telling the truth or not.

Top Bottom