• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Leeness

So uh... Anyone else ever injure themselves embarrassingly?

On Friday, my ankle got super itchy (pretty sure a combo of leg hair growing in and socks) so I scratched the hell out of it and only realized the next day I've actually inflicted an open wound on myself. OOPS. I currently have it under a mass of bandages and such because it was literally an open wound. :/ I'm hoping I won't have to go to a doctor for this lol.

SHAVING!!!11!

Tash

I only got language related awkward stories..

When I met my boyfriend's parents for the first time (in Norway, they are Norwegian) I wanted to impress them with some Norwegian I taught myself. I had a fart accident after dinner and wanted to say "I am sorry" which is "unskyld" in Norwegian but instead I said "bare hyggelig" which means "you are welcome"...

Another one was when we had to talk about fairytales from our countries during Norwegian class and I wanted to tell the story of the two hedgehogs racing a fox. Hedgehog in Norwegian is called Pigswin but when I told the story I said Swine Pig which means a pig's dick. Of course non of the other pupils noticed but the teacher burst out laughing.

More reason to love Cumberbatch:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/benedict-cumberbatch-sherlock-egypt-paparazzi

When I met my boyfriend's parents for the first time (in Norway, they are Norwegian) I wanted to impress them with some Norwegian I taught myself. I had a fart accident after dinner and wanted to say "I am sorry" which is "unskyld" in Norwegian but instead I said "bare hyggelig" which means "you are welcome"

epic.

Tash

We got our two little rascals yesterday evening and they already settled in without a problem. (Sorry - iphone pictures from a short good-morning session before work).

1116185_10151517728306793_12313186_o.jpg

Super sweet story for those two as well:
The mom of the black shorthaired girl got hit by a car :( so the mom of Mr. Fluffy Graypants took her in. The two are super close and besties. When we called she said that the boy was already taken but she called back a few hours later to explain that she just can't bare separating the two.

Since we both work during the day it was always without a question that we wanted two to keep each other company during the day (they will be able to go out since we live on the countryside and have a big garden).

Love them already to bits. The Girl is super social and cuddly. Whenever she sits in my lap she looks up at me and wants to touch noses. The boy is super social too. He literally starts purring as soon as he sees you. Both are also very energetic and play up a storm together :)

Now we just need to find good names for them. Any suggestions?

I am in favour of Gizmo or Badger for the boy.
It's a bit harder to come up with a name for the girl without being too cheesy..

Initially I thought Zoe and Malcolm but now I think maybe Badger and Serena (for Serenity since Firefly is one of our all time fav tv show).

Buffy and Spike was also in the cards but not sure..

We got our two little rascals yesterday evening and they already settled in without a problem. (Sorry - iphone pictures from a short good-morning session before work).

1116185_10151517728306793_12313186_o.jpg

The mom of the black shorthaired girl got hit by a car :( so the mom of Mr. Fluffy Graypants took her in. The two are super close and besties. When we called she said that the boy was already taken but she called back a few hours later to explain that she just can't bare separating the two.

Since we both work during the day it was always without a question that we wanted two to keep each other company during the day (they will be able to go out since we live on the countryside and have a big garden).

Love them already to bits. The Girl is super social and cuddly. Whenever she sits in my lap she looks up at me and wants to touch noses. The boy is super social too. He literally starts purring as soon as he sees you. Both are also very energetic and play up a storm together :)

It's a bit harder to come up with a name for the girl without being too cheesy..

Initially I thought Zoe and Malcolm but now I think maybe Badger and Serena (for Serenity since Firefly is one of our all time fav tv show).

Buffy and Spike was also in the cards but not sure..

Adawwwable!

Pixie (Gal) & Dust (Boy) are my suggestions.

I think I'd feel too weird about walking around with some plastic cup inside me all day. I have enough trouble with tampons :s

Seriously! I'm pretty sure it's written all over the packaging, public toilets and taught in sex ed...

I don't have any period stories but my boyfriend's entire family walked in during my climax once. That was uh.... pretty high up there for personal embarrassing moments.

Did any of them wink as they closed the door and left? :D

And, for the tampon thing, my mom showed me 'they way', it was not taught in sex ed and I've rarely heard different, and many boxes do proclaim as much. It's never been an issue before as I don't take them when I travel for the aforementioned weaker plumbing, but in my mind Aus is almost US, so it never occurred to me when I packed. And there you have it. :p

I think I've already told you all my 'every doctor/nurse/possibly some receptionists walking in to ooh and aww over my transvaginal ultrasound in progress' story. Other than that...I was always super paranoid about doubling up on protection cause I bled so much. So I rarely had spills except at night.

That must have been hella awkward. As for spills, yeah. I learned that tampons were a surer bet than pads. :/

I tried to think of something period-related and the one thing I could thing of is more funny than embarrassing really. well, at least now it is.
back in highschool my best friend and I came up with a system whenever we felt insecure about our...protection. we would quickly ask each other if everything was still okay and the other one would check.
so far so good. well one time after class I asked my friend to "check one me", I turned around, she checked out my ass, I look at her, she gives me the thumbs up, I smile, she smiles. everything is fine.
I turn around again and notice that our teacher was still in the room, and just saw us checking out each others asses+giving thumbs ups afterwards. he was like " :| " and we were like " :| "
hahaha.

Teachers always seem to catch you at the most awkward moments. Haha.

So uh... Anyone else ever injure themselves embarrassingly?

On Friday, my ankle got super itchy (pretty sure a combo of leg hair growing in and socks) so I scratched the hell out of it and only realized the next day I've actually inflicted an open wound on myself. OOPS. I currently have it under a mass of bandages and such because it was literally an open wound. :/ I'm hoping I won't have to go to a doctor for this lol.

SHAVING!!!11!

I've walked into all manner of things and given myself black eyes, and once I buried a hacksaw in my leg.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1116185_10151517728306793_12313186_o.jpg[IMG]

Buffy and Spike was also in the cards but not sure..[/QUOTE]

Cuuute. I recommend food names like "Meat" and "Pie." Or, "Emergency Rations" and "Running Buffet."

Tash

Thanks for all the input girls :)

We decided to go with Badger and Luna. Just felt the best name for the girl.
She is so totally adorable. They were allowed out of their room during the night and she decided it was the best idea to find a comfy spot on my face to sleep. Never mind the rest of the bed was very cat-friendly, too and she purred so loud we actually couldn't sleep.

I forgot how much energy kittens have. Despite our nephews coming over to say hello and play with them they spent the whole rest of the evening playing with us and together with each other. Wasn't before Midnight that they started to slow down.

Minus_Me

Hey everyone! My long term girlfriend finally moved into my place last week and I have a small question I'd like to ask. Would it be rude to have all our hygiene products separate in our cabinets? This sounds dumb, but I don't know if she'd take it personally. Would any of you take it personally?

Hey everyone! My long term girlfriend finally moved into my place last week and I have a small question I'd like to ask. Would it be rude to have all our hygiene products separate in our cabinets? This sounds dumb, but I don't know if she'd take it personally. Would any of you take it personally?

Nah, it's normal right? That's why they have his and hers drawers. I laughed at taking it personally though, are you worried about the hygiene products touching or something?

It's probably fine so long as you don't use her amazing skin products.

Don't, or at least ask nicely before you do.

Leeness

Those Cheesecake Factory ads, lmao. Amazing.

I wish we had Cheesecake Factory in Canada though so I could taste the millions of different cheesecakes :(

Kimaka

Aw yes, going to the theatre on my own on a Friday night. Zero fucks given! :D

Anyone else into going to movies on your own?

I'd prefer if someone goes with me but I'll go alone. I used to be self conscious about it but just went fuck it one day and went to the movies by myself. I got tired of stopping myself from doing something because no one else would go.

Zoe

I keep telling the bf I have no problem going by myself, but he makes such a big deal out of it. Then I have to put up with him hating the movie -_-

Leeness

Good on y'all for alone movies. Had a great time :D whole row to myself, some macarons, The World's End and an entire theatre laughing. Great me-date. :D

What up, GirlGAF. Haven't posted here in a while, but I figure now's a good of a time as any.

Two friends and I were shopping around White House Black Market when we decided to start trying on dresses we couldn't afford. Because torturing ourselves is fun, right? Anyway, one of my friends ended up taking this picture.

72940e358387deeee6e5dec2b1cc2e4b.jpeg

I'm on the left. Cheers!

Top Bottom