• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Ah. The reason I ask is because I'm kind of in a similar boat at age 21. My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer (she had a lumpectomy and is doing radiation so she will be fine) but now I'm going to have to start getting breast exams as soon as possible. My aunt (my mother's sister) died from the disease when I was nine. She was only 39. That's what freaks me out the most.

In a strange way, part of me wants to get a masectomy and have it over and done with. But I'm also really young and I know my doctors will go against it.

Tash

Girls, seriously. Do you really know at 21/23 that you really NEVER want kids?

I mean I said that at that age too and I still don't want them today but still. I wouldn't do something so FINAL at that age..unless of course, there is a big health reason to do it.

I mean I said that at that age too and I still don't want them today but still. I wouldn't do something so FINAL at that age..unless of course, there is a big health reason to do it.

I want kids, absolutely. I'm not going to rush out and do it, but quite honestly it's something that I feel like I need to consider seeing as how I'm probably at super high risk for developing breast cancer.

Leeness

I'm 26 and I know without a doubt that I will never want kids.

I kind of hate them lol. Short doses, fine whatever, tolerable. Longer than that, get out of my face, kid.

Sevarus

I don't want a hysterectomy unless it's medically necessary. I kind of like having a uterus, stupid as it is sometimes. I'm also gay, so without some fun medical procedures that I'm really not up for (or sex with a man at least once, which I'm also not up for), babymaking is not happening. My genetics aren't worth passing on, regardless. I'll almost certainly end up adopting, if I do have kids.

Yeah. Better to leave lopping off bits 'til way later. Up until 26 or so I was pretty sure I didn't want to bother with kids and quite disliked them, but I started to entertain the idea later on and I'm strongly for them now. It's not like I went baby hungry or anything like that, but I'm definitely in the 'for' column at this point (which would be a great surprise to my younger self, I'm sure). :p

Tash

My general feelings towards kids (still at my age now) is that I like them and find them cute as long as they don't cry and as long as I can give them back to their parents after a short time :p

Kisaya

My reasons for wanting kids are kinda selfish :S

I don't think young people are silly for not wanting to have kids, just that sometimes they have too much of a strong opinion against the idea of.

Are you going to at least give your kids little head boxes, H.Pro?

PKSCL3V.jpg

I'm not a fan of kids.

The idea of kids becomes more attractive when you meet someone and want little versions of them.

Also true! My guy is so pretty, I might consider 2 mini boxes!
Maybe.

Pau

My reasons for wanting kids are kinda selfish :S

I don't think young people are silly for not wanting to have kids, just that sometimes they have too much of a strong opinion against the idea of.
Can I be their cool crazy aunt? :D

suzu

Didn't want kids at a young age, and still don't want them. I don't mind being the auntie that spoils other ppl's kids though (as long as they aren't little turds). :p

If I ever do have kids, I'd want two because I've known too many only children who I can't stand. My brother's a pain in the ass but I feel like I would have missed out on a lot of good times without him as well.

If I ever do have kids, I'd want two because I've known too many only children who I can't stand. My brother's a pain in the ass but I feel like I would have missed out on a lot of good times without him as well.

Yeah, it'd be nice for them to have someone to play with too. I've always wanted a few kids. I guess my family is so small and seeing my boyfriend hang out with his big family makes me jealous. I'd like my kids to have that.

Fuck the Christian chick in Orange is the New Black.

"The fuck are you, Joan of Arc?"

I laugh everytime.

Yeah, it'd be nice for them to have someone to play with too. I've always wanted a few kids. I guess my family is so small and seeing my boyfriend hang out with his big family makes me jealous. I'd like my kids to have that.

My brother and I are four years apart so for the most part I've always had someone to play with when I was younger. It was great.

I probably wouldn't want more than three kids though. Two is the ideal but if my husband wanted more I wouldn't go over three.

My brother and I are four years apart so for the most part I've always had someone to play with when I was younger. It was great.

I probably wouldn't want more than three kids though. Two is the ideal but if my husband wanted more I wouldn't go over three.

Yeah, my brother is six years younger than me so we played as kids but there was always a bit of a gap between us (and he got tired of me beating him at games :p). I'd rather have my kids closer together.

iirate

Having a sibling closer to you in age is irreplaceable. My sister and I couldn't be more different, but no matter how much we hated each other at times, we had each others backs.

Also, as a kid, you need someone to beat at Mario Kart. :)

Personally though, I've always been pro adoption, and even then, that's not something I've decided on either.

I've seen a fair bit of the first, but none of the second.
I'm very pro adoption and the more I want children - which is growing more and more - the more I want to adopt. The problem is, I hear it is very hard to adopt. Shit like, you have to be rich.
Yeah, adoption is pretty difficult here too,though for different reasons. You usually need to be related to the person through extended family etc. I think it'd be nice too.

A friend of mine dealt with the same stuff when she used to work there. She ended up having to call out a regular customer after a bad day was made worse by his thirst.

One guy leaned over the counter at me, tried to give me a sexy look and went "Yo you gotta man?"

So fucking awkward. My boss wouldn't shut up about it ;_;

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/I-could-go-on-and-on-about-this-subject,-but-what-it-all-boils-down-to-is-PEOPLE-ARE-STUPID.png

Gaming Side, Off-Topic, specific game communities, respectively.

I've seen the first two more than the third one.

Which is sad. But only a anecdotal experience.

Boob issues:

So I've always been guilty of wearing bras that were too small, and I've known for a while that my 34D bras weren't totally cutting it. Just recently I noticed a couple stretch marks meaning that they've been growing, so I decided to go to Victoria's Secret to get measured and try on bras. Apparently, I've completely skipped past DD and gone straight into a 34E (75F in euro sizes). Only problem is that E sized bras tend to be cut differently and they cover so much of the boob (I guess they want to be more supportive?) that I can't wear them with most of my shirts without worrying about the bra showing past the neckline. Even with the demi styled bras they're just not the same as they used to be.

Any of the bustier girls here have any recommendations to make about bras? I'd prefer to wear the right size since it's much comfier but I might have to stick with wearing a smaller bra just so that I don't have to throw out half my wardrobe.

Tash

I would actually consider it progress if guys think you are a gamer because you work at game stop.

I still have to slap it into their brain that I am not a booth babe just because I might be show-casing our game during conferences..

Zoe

Boob issues:

So I've always been guilty of wearing bras that were too small, and I've known for a while that my 34D bras weren't totally cutting it. Just recently I noticed a couple stretch marks meaning that they've been growing, so I decided to go to Victoria's Secret to get measured and try on bras. Apparently, I've completely skipped past DD and gone straight into a 34E (75F in euro sizes). Only problem is that E sized bras tend to be cut differently and they cover so much of the boob (I guess they want to be more supportive?) that I can't wear them with most of my shirts without worrying about the bra showing past the neckline. Even with the demi styled bras they're just not the same as they used to be.

Any of the bustier girls here have any recommendations to make about bras? I'd prefer to wear the right size since it's much comfier but I might have to stick with wearing a smaller bra just so that I don't have to throw out half my wardrobe.

I'm guessing you have lots of wide scooping necklines? All of mine just go down into my cleavage (not intentionally...) so I haven't had that much of a problem, but I do know what you are talking about. You might want to try going to an independent reputable boutique rather than VS.

I'm guessing you have lots of wide scooping necklines? All of mine just go down into my cleavage (not intentionally...) so I haven't had that much of a problem, but I do know what you are talking about. You might want to try going to an independent reputable boutique rather than VS.

Yeah, a lot of scoop necks and sweetheart necklines (higher necklines tend to make me look boxy and overemphasize my top-heaviness). I've never really seen lingerie boutiques in my immediate area but I'm guessing there would be some in DC and Baltimore. I'm worried that having a bigger size is gonna make buying bras even more expensive than it currently is.

Yeah, a lot of scoop necks and sweetheart necklines (higher necklines tend to make me look boxy and overemphasize my top-heaviness). I've never really seen lingerie boutiques in my immediate area but I'm guessing there would be some in DC and Baltimore. I'm worried that having a bigger size is gonna make buying bras even more expensive than it currently is.

I'm a 34F and my bras usually go for around $60 a pop. Yeah, it's expensive, but I'd rather pay the money and be comfortable rather than in a lot of pain and discomfort. Low-scooping bras for your size are out there; as you said I would go to an independent store because they tend to have more of a selection. It's just tricky because they have to hold more boob in less space, obviously.

I'm a 34F and my bras usually go for around $60 a pop. Yeah, it's expensive, but I'd rather pay the money and be comfortable rather than in a lot of pain and discomfort. Low-scooping bras for your size are out there; as you said I would go to an independent store because they tend to have more of a selection. It's just tricky because they have to hold more boob in less space, obviously.

I'm a 34 F too. I've tried to get cheaper ones, but I always regret it as the fit never works right. :/

I would actually consider it progress if guys think you are a gamer because you work at game stop.

I still have to slap it into their brain that I am not a booth babe just because I might be show-casing our game during conferences..

Ugh, how insulting :(

I think girls who are gamers can be a bit guilty of that too, unfortunately, which is honestly pretty weird. I was talking to a couple of girls who mentioned they were into games and when I told them I was going to PAX all of them assumed I was going because my boyfriend dragged me along. Or if there are girls working at game stores they usually ask if I'm buying for a brother etc.

lexi

Banned
Ugh, how insulting :(

I think girls who are gamers can be a bit guilty of that too, unfortunately, which is honestly pretty weird. I was talking to a couple of girls who mentioned they were into games and when I told them I was going to PAX all of them assumed I was going because my boyfriend dragged me along. Or if there are girls working at game stores they usually ask if I'm buying for a brother etc.

I post on GAF so I guess that makes me somewhat hardcore, but for some reason going to a convention is a bridge too far. Maybe it's my crippling social anxiety more than anything else.

Top Bottom