• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Zoe

I wish I had B's. It's so hard to find clothes that fit properly, and at the last two weddings I went to all you can see in the pictures of me is BEWBZ.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I think girls who are gamers can be a bit guilty of that too, unfortunately, which is honestly pretty weird. I was talking to a couple of girls who mentioned they were into games and when I told them I was going to PAX all of them assumed I was going because my boyfriend dragged me along. Or if there are girls working at game stores they usually ask if I'm buying for a brother etc.
At the AusGAF meet-up that my dad attended (and where I first met you) I think my dad made some vague comment about whether you actually play games or not, I think the implication in that comment was you looked "too" attractive to be someone who actually plays video games.:p

Leeness

Boob issues:

So I've always been guilty of wearing bras that were too small, and I've known for a while that my 34D bras weren't totally cutting it. Just recently I noticed a couple stretch marks meaning that they've been growing, so I decided to go to Victoria's Secret to get measured and try on bras. Apparently, I've completely skipped past DD and gone straight into a 34E (75F in euro sizes). Only problem is that E sized bras tend to be cut differently and they cover so much of the boob (I guess they want to be more supportive?) that I can't wear them with most of my shirts without worrying about the bra showing past the neckline. Even with the demi styled bras they're just not the same as they used to be.

Any of the bustier girls here have any recommendations to make about bras? I'd prefer to wear the right size since it's much comfier but I might have to stick with wearing a smaller bra just so that I don't have to throw out half my wardrobe.

http://www.brastop.com

I know it's iffy getting online, but this place is great, cheap, and has great return policies. Just be careful with their balconettes; unless they specifically say padded, they're completely unsupported, and for me, they're useless.

http://www.brastop.com/freya-elize-half-cup-bra-lavender?r=search
http://www.brastop.com/freya-daphne-padded-bra-heather?r=search

These are both similar to my favourite bra ever that I've bought from them so far.

http://www.brastop.com/curvy-kate-desire-bra-black?r=search
http://www.brastop.com/curvy-kate-tempt-me-bra-midnight-blue-2?r=search
http://www.brastop.com/curvy-kate-wild-bra-cherrygold?r=search

Curvy Kate is also a great brand. I have a couple from them.

Plunge is the way to go for you, most likely, but look at Brastop's fitting room link. I like plunge though, when I can fit into them. As long as you're not spilling out, it's all good.

But yeah... I know the pain. 32I here (I ended up with a J the other day and was slightly mortified).

Good luck!

It is a life changing event, Fiction. Finding a bra that fits perfectly is like finding your glass slipper.

YEP. At first it was depressing for me though because it was like...great. My selection is all...beige and costs $150 a pop.

Then I found a store called Change and it was like...colours! Frills! $30!!!!! That was life changing. Then brastop. Now I have pretty bras :')

Can't help being slightly envious of you ladies with large, or even average boobage. I'm a small A, so low-cut tops just look awful. In fact, in general, if there's no padding there's pretty much nothing there, but overly padded bras look unnatural. I'd be lying if I said the thought of implants hadn't crossed my mind.

I'm also 5'10". If I wore men's clothes and no bra, I'm sure I could pass as a teenage boy.

Kisaya

I'm a B. Feels like I'm an A but whatever. I used to be really insecure about it but I've grown to actually like having small boobs. The only innconvience is trying to find tops/dresses that won't feel baggy cause there's a lot of boob space :x

Kimaka

I'm also a B. I don't mind it although I am envious of women who can lay stuff on top of their boobs or hold things in between them.

To be quite honest, I would prefer to be a B or a C cup. Large boobs are a huge hassle. Some shirts look terrible, and I can't even wear a lot of button up ones because they pucker. It's a huge problem finding clothes that fit that I like sometimes and they even get in the way when I'm doing normal activities. Plus the bra color selection like Leeness said is terrible and the bras are expensive, but maybe I can get some different colored ones now :D

Sevarus

36C in Victoria's Secret sizing, 30H in real sizing. And on a very slim frame, it's not a lot of fun. Thankfully, I have enough hips to balance it out, but finding blazers and button-downs is difficult, and they all have to be tailored. Someday, I'll buy a bra that fits....

Samara

I don't even know my real size. I bought a Betsey Jonshon one that was 36D then another Material Girl one that was in the the 32-34B!

I sewed mine to fit my size last august. Big mistake. A racer back one left me with two dark permanent marks on my collarbone. Derp!

Its winter so for 2 days I just wore some bralette under some camisole and cardigan/big shirt. So comfy.

haha not nippie at all

Leeness

Plus the bra color selection like Leeness said is terrible and the bras are expensive, but maybe I can get some different colored ones now :D

Do it do it! I was like "omg I finally have a pink bra with lace on it ;_; Finally, a polka dotted bra. I can't ;_;"

Yeah, I've actually given serious thought to, if I were rich, getting a reduction. And I am not as endowed as you ladies.

I looked into it once. Then I saw the procedure and thought nope. No thank you.

Sevarus

Where's that 'busty women problems' comic when we need it!

Yeah, I've actually given serious thought to, if I were rich, getting a reduction. And I am not as endowed as you ladies.

My younger sister had a reduction done when she was 17. Went from a K to a C. It was all covered by insurance. She apparently is very happy with how it turned out.

How did Jennifer Love Hewitt do it in those movies??

Magic.

Where's that 'busty women problems' comic when we need it!

I've thought about it but I'd have to do it once I'm no longer a broke college student.

Do it do it! I was like "omg I finally have a pink bra with lace on it ;_; Finally, a polka dotted bra. I can't ;_;"

Stop it I have to buy groceries ;_;

I've thought about it but I'd have to do it once I'm no longer a broke college student.
The shitty part about breast reduction surgery is that sometimes it grows back and you're just the same size as before.

Yoga and regular exercise helps me the most with my back pains. Finding clothes to fit me? thats another story. I tend to like clothes from anthropology and modcloth, I worked at urban outfitters for half a year and acquired tons of clothes from them as well. I've found anthro and modcloth to be great for a variety of shapes and sizes.

I don't get back pains--helps to be big-boned and short. It's just a huge inconvenience.

Lucky. I have scoliosis and lordosis which already give me huge amounts of lower back pain. Big boobs just makes it even worse.

But, I would never get a reduction. It just looks gross and torturous. Plus I really do adore my boobs. They're like big squishy stress relievers. I sometimes just find myself fondling them when I'm bored.

Pau

I already have a hard time finding clothing that fits so I wouldn't mind if I got something positive in return. No ass, no boobs, no hips. Worst Hispanic ever. Wish I could trade with any of you that want a reduction. :p

Leeness

I already have a hard time finding clothing that fits so I wouldn't mind if I got something positive in return. No ass, no boobs, no hips. Worst Hispanic ever. Wish I could trade with any of you that want a reduction. :p

I'll give you half of my boobs (I'd still be like an E lmao).

Grass is greener ect. etc. but I'd take your body over mine.

isuzu

Hit the gym. I was really skinny and flat as fuck but now I kind of have an ass and my boobs got bigger. With only 2 months in!

Also posting this in the other thread because it's *quite* relevant, but I figured you all might enjoy it (it's from a bit back):

http://www.theonion.com/articles/deformed-freak-born-without-penis,34732/?ref=auto

OEbZYH6.gif

I think I'm coming to like my boobs. They aren't huge but they feel proportional at least.

I post on GAF so I guess that makes me somewhat hardcore, but for some reason going to a convention is a bridge too far. Maybe it's my crippling social anxiety more than anything else.
Eeeh conventions are a mixed bag. I really liked PAX but the other ones I've been to are all pretty same-y (down to the same stalls with the same discounts every year). You could avoid all the hassle (and the glomps from sweaty strangers) by staying home and shopping online :p You do miss out on seeing some rad cosplay / showing off your cosplay though.

At the AusGAF meet-up that my dad attended (and where I first met you) I think my dad made some vague comment about whether you actually play games or not, I think the implication in that comment was you looked "too" attractive to be someone who actually plays video games.:p
Why would I go to a game forum meet up if I didn't play games :S
Honestly though does anyone on Ausgaf actually play? :p

Mistel

Banned
Whilst on the subject of breasts I can wait to have some once I start my HRT. Is there any like best size or does it vary depending on the person?

iirate

One thing I've learned is that when mine are already tender, do NOT get whatever fabric is over them wet. I learned this when I was at work and some cold sauce spilled into my apron and soaked through. Even after cleaning it up, I was actually in pain and had to go to the restroom to clean up more.

Mistel

Banned
I just finished installing DD-WRT on my old router. I am queen nerd!

Anyone know of a way to get an XBox live sub for cheap?

Bing rewards are a good source for Xbox live but that is US only I think, other than that amazon often has it for cheap here in the UK. 12 months is usually the cheapest of the available per month.

What are you going to play?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hello, ladies. I got a hot date tomorrow, and was wondering if y'all would give me some suggestions for a haircut/style that you crazy kids find attractive.

Much appreciated.

Top Bottom