• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Nudull

Banned
Oddly enough, I never seem to notice other women on their period, even with sex. Either I never look hard enough, or my mind has a funny way of censoring itself. Still, I never mind it.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
i hate to ask, but is that think about bleeding during your first time true? Because it never happened to me, but I've heard stories about people putting towels down just in case.

I bled a lot!! I probably lost a few gallons that day. :p A few of my friends tell me they only bled a tiny bit and sex was amazing for them after maybe the second or third time. Quite a few say they didn't bleed at all and they loved their first time.

And yeah seriously.. Ass to mouth is faaaar worse than having sex on your period. But then again some girls think a2m is okay because guys like that shit, and think its kinky. Period sex though? Most guys hate it which makes those girls dislike it too.

Okay, this might be a silly question but what'd be the best shade of make-up for me? I kind of have the generic Hispanic tan skintone.

I'm light skinned as far as many Mexicans go, but I have the most difficult to match hispanic skintone ever. Think olive/yellow/gold undertones, and most foundations looks pink, orange or ashy on me. I've thrown a lot of money in the toilet because I could never find a suitable match for my skin, until I started working in film and asked every makeup artist I came across what they recommend. Here's what works well for me and my sister who is a few shades darker:

Nars Sheer Matte - Light/Med. coverage that wears naturally in a huge selection of shades, great for oily skin, not so good for covering up spots/scars etc

Mineral Fusion pressed base - AWESOME stuff. kind of limited range (only 10 shades I think), but beautiful wear and very true to life color selection, buildable coverage, lasts all day with minimal touch ups despite my oily skin and working in a hot kitchen all day. All natural, doesn't break me out, my all time fav.

Bobbi Brown and MAC both have excellent shades in a variety of formulations with great coverage and wear, but both have broken me out so if you're acne-prone, beware.

As far as drugstore brands, Milani is supposed to be formulated with hispanic skin tones in mind. I used their pressed powder foundation for a while before finding Mineral Fusion, and was totally happy with the color matching.

Sheik

GirlGAF, do you prefer picking out your own jewellery or being surprised by whatever your SO picks out for you? Receiving as a gift I mean.

Kisaya

GirlGAF, do you prefer picking out your own jewellery or being surprised by whatever your SO picks out for you? Receiving as a gift I mean.

Surprises are nice ;3 I'm not picky so whatever my SO would pick out I'd love (unless is obviously tacky and ugly, lmao)

Masoria

Neo Member
Picking it out. My husband did an excellent job of picking me up a surprise necklace...I've told him many times what type of metal/stone preferences I have, though

My SO has a pretty good track record of finding stuff I really like in the earring department.

I have yet to really establish my own tastes in bracelets and rings, though, so I think I'd want to figure out my own tastes in those accessories. Something a little more specific than "ooh! Pretty!" is about as far as I've got.

Sheik

I don't wear jewellery, haha.

Me either! At least not the precious metals and stones kind. It kind of intimidates me so I've always avoided buying it as a gift.

Girlfriend's birthday is coming up in like a month and I want to get her something special. But GirlGAF, what if she hates what I pick out? :|

Me either! At least not the precious metals and stones kind. It kind of intimidates me so I've always avoided buying it as a gift.

Girlfriend's birthday is coming up in like a month and I want to get her something special. But GirlGAF, what if she hates what I pick out? :|

Have a look at the jewellery she owns and try to find something that would match, but is still different to what she owns. For example, if she owns gold, buy something gold, since most women tend to have a preference. Um, or you could just buy something completely new. I'm sure if you buy it for her she'd wear it.

Sheik

Have a look at the jewellery she owns and try to find something that would match, but is still different to what she owns. For example, if she owns gold, buy something gold, since most women tend to have a preference. Um, or you could just buy something completely new. I'm sure if you buy it for her she'd wear it.

That's actually a really good idea, thanks! I don't know much about carats, quality, and such either. I guess I'll window shop around for a while and pick something out myself.

Yeah before him I was somewhat worried about it but mainly because of the guys, I never said never!

Urgh! Don't remind me of my first time... I think my hymen was extremely thick or something, it just wouldn't budge the first time we tried. And when it did it hurt soo so SO fucking baaad. I couldn't have sex again for a month and then trying after that made it hurt just AS bad, this went on for at least 6 months. Ugh, the first time really felt like I was getting STABBED down there, no joke! :|

I'm with ya. Hard to get through and when he did... HURT. LIKE. HELL. Good thing I picked him just for that job. People always said to save it for someone special, but I thought that was kinda of silly. I wanted it to be nice when i found someone special, so I picked someone not special to break it in. :) Operation: Success.

i hate to ask, but is that think about bleeding during your first time true? Because it never happened to me, but I've heard stories about people putting towels down just in case.

If you can do a2m you can do this.

Really? Nothing happened? I bled a bit. Not as bad as my monthly, but a bit. You might have had a really thin hymen and broken it much earlier in your life. A lot of girls who did gymnastics or rode horses had theirs done away with way early.

I confess I'm one of those who hate jewelry/clothing/accessory, etc., surprises. I don't wear much to begin with, and my tastes are very particular, so surprise jewelry is usually bad jewelry for me.

suzu

The only jewelry I wear are earrings. The rest are for when I feel the need to dress up (not toooo often).

Masoria

Neo Member
I don't even wear jewelry right now, except my wedding ring. My son ripped the chain off the necklace my husband bought me, and I'm terrified of him ripping earrings off my ears, so...

I actually don't wear a lot of jewelry, either way. I do like having the option to wear stuff if I want to, though

Leeness

Join the club, love. Never liked jewelry in the first place, and I always imagined getting pierced would end up feeling weird and creepy, so...

I have a nose piercing (and I kind of want to get a Monroe, but not right now), and omg, the sensation of getting it done was sooooo bizarre. Like...have you ever stuck a knife through soft butter? Haha. It felt like that, but happening on my face and it was just such a weird feeling.

I have a nose piercing (and I kind of want to get a Monroe, but not right now), and omg, the sensation of getting it done was sooooo bizarre. Like...have you ever stuck a knife through soft butter? Haha. It felt like that, but happening on my face and it was just such a weird feeling.
Pierced nose sistahs.

Also belly button and tongue.

iirate

:< ow. Have you thought about coming out to her?

Yeah, this happened a couple of summers ago, and just a couple of months after the fact, she became the fourth person that I came out to. (after my then-roommate, my best friend, and the girl's roommate). She and her roommate were both huge pillars of support when I was first coming to terms with things. Unfortunately, we both had simultaneous and unrelated fallouts with our respective roommates and left for different towns the same week. We've kept in touch a little via Facebook, but haven't seen each other in almost two years.

Sheik

Yeah, this happened a couple of summers ago, and just a couple of months after the fact, she became the fourth person that I came out to. (after my then-roommate, my best friend, and the girl's roommate). She and her roommate were both huge pillars of support when I was first coming to terms with things. Unfortunately, we both had simultaneous and unrelated fallouts with our respective roommates and left for different towns the same week. We've kept in touch a little via Facebook, but haven't seen each other in almost two years.

Jeez, bad timing. At least she took it well and you're still in contact. Maybe someday? :)

A recipe for girlgaf:

Chickpeas, Provençal Style

Time: 1 to 2 hours, mostly unattended
Makes: 4 servings

1.5 cups dried chickpeas (about 12 ounces), rinsed and picked over
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 Thick slices French or Italian bread (day old is fine)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)

1. Put the chickpeas in a large, deep pot and add enough water to cover them by about 3 inches: bring to a boil over high heat. Adjust the heat so the beans bubble gently and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, then taste a chickpea to check for doneness. If the chickpeas have begun to soften, add a large pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper, if they're still hard, return the lid to the pot, keep cooking and check them every 10 to 15 minutes until it's time to add the salt.

2. Continue cooking, checking and stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the chickpeas are quite tender but still intact, anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes after you've added the salt. If at any point when you check the beans they look dry, add enough water to keep them covered by an inch.

3. While the beans cook, heat the oven to 400F. Roughly tear or cut the bread into bite-sized pieces and spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake the bread, turning once, until it's lightly toasted, 10 to 15 minutes. It doesn't have to be warm when you serve it, so just let it sit until serving time.

4. Meanwhile, keep checking the chickpeas every 15 minutes or so. When they're fully tender and just starting to break apart, stir in the garlic and the olive oil, taste and adjust the seasoning. To serve, put the bread in shallow bowls and spoon in the beans and some of the cooking liquids; drizzle with about 1 tablespoon more olive oil if you like and garnish with parsley.

I'm light skinned as far as many Mexicans go, but I have the most difficult to match hispanic skintone ever. Think olive/yellow/gold undertones, and most foundations looks pink, orange or ashy on me. I've thrown a lot of money in the toilet because I could never find a suitable match for my skin, until I started working in film and asked every makeup artist I came across what they recommend. Here's what works well for me and my sister who is a few shades darker:

Nars Sheer Matte - Light/Med. coverage that wears naturally in a huge selection of shades, great for oily skin, not so good for covering up spots/scars etc

Mineral Fusion pressed base - AWESOME stuff. kind of limited range (only 10 shades I think), but beautiful wear and very true to life color selection, buildable coverage, lasts all day with minimal touch ups despite my oily skin and working in a hot kitchen all day. All natural, doesn't break me out, my all time fav.

Bobbi Brown and MAC both have excellent shades in a variety of formulations with great coverage and wear, but both have broken me out so if you're acne-prone, beware.

As far as drugstore brands, Milani is supposed to be formulated with hispanic skin tones in mind. I used their pressed powder foundation for a while before finding Mineral Fusion, and was totally happy with the color matching.
Missed this post, thanks!

Prolly will have to wait to come out to my mom first though, obviously...

Ashes

Banned
...This is one of the many paradoxes of sex. To take pleasure for oneself can be to give pleasure to the other. As long as it's the same for both parties, that is. If it's just the man taking and the woman giving, for example, the balance is lost. But where there's a parity of selfishness, generosity thrives.

Sunday times magazine.

:O Thanks Devo!

Contributing:
Chicken and Basil Risotto Recipe

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
1 clove of garlic
1 Spanish onion
2 cups of Arborio Rice
3 cups of chicken stock
300 g of Chicken breast
2 tomatoes
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons of sliced fresh basil leaves

1. First, steam the chicken in a pot. When cooked, thinly slice it into small pieces.
2. Chop up the Spanish onion and crush the clove of garlic in preparation for later.
3. Next, place the oil and the butter into to rice cooker. Heat for 15 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and onion, stirring constantly while cooking for two minutes. Then, add the rice. Stir once to coat the rice with oil.
5. To make the chicken stock, take three cups of the water that was used to steam the chicken - make sure the water is hot! Add 2 stock cubes and stir until they dissolve. Add this chicken stock to the rice cooker and cook until done.
6. While the rice is cooking, dice the tomatoes, finely slice the basil and grate half a cup of Parmesan cheese in preparation for the final step.
7. When cooked, stir the rice and fold through the chicken, basil and cheese. Add pepper to taste. Close the lid and allow to stand for ten minutes before serving (this allows time for the cheese to get nice and melty!)

http://thisisfemaleprivilege.tumblr.com

WOW. I just...had to share this.

At least a lot of people are blasting the tumblr. :/

Wtf is this.

Female privilege is having more birth control options.

wut.
Female privilege is having a popular movement for your rights (feminism) whereas men’s rights groups are basically treated like woman-hating nutters.
Because this doesn't happen the other way around right?

female privilege is never having to be tested for prostate cancer.
Oh wait its a troll site. NEVERMIND.

Top Bottom