• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

So it's like Fringe meets Cinderella?

I think so. Her stepmom found the wand of the Fairy Godmother, so she used its magic to alter the timeline so the prince fell in love with one of the stepdaughters. I wasn't sure that the story of Cinderella needed to be jazzed up, but I don't work in the film industry so I don't know anything.

Pau

Anastasia is fucking amazing. The Swan Princess doesn't quite hold up when I rewatch it. Prince of Egypt is the best PRINCE movie.

iirate

Anastasia is fucking amazing. The Swan Princess doesn't quite hold up when I rewatch it. Prince of Egypt is the best PRINCE movie.

I somehow missed The Swan Princess, but Anastasia is definitely a favorite. I've never seen Prince of Egypt, but it's a friend's personal favorite, and I need to catch it at some point.

Pau

I somehow missed The Swan Princess, but Anastasia is definitely a favorite. I've never seen Prince of Egypt, but it's a friend's personal favorite, and I need to catch it at some point.
It's seriously one of the most gorgeous animated films ever made.

I'll mention Secret of Kells because that movie never gets any love.

iirate

It's seriously one of the most gorgeous animated films ever made.

I'll mention Secret of Kells because that movie never gets any love.

Secret of Kells is gorgeous. I've seen it twice and feel like I still have so much to gain from future viewings.

yuna55

Disney movies, Anastasia, Swan Princess :3

I'm so glad I had a daughter so I have someone to get excited about princess movies with me. We have the Disney Princess Little People Castle with all the individual princess Little People... that castle knows the differences between the princesses and sings each of their songs from the movies. <3 <3

HAPPY NEW YEAR GIRLS! Woo! Last night I got fucked upppppp. Not literally. *_* Guys, beware of that Kraken rum. That stuff will FUCK YOU ARPPPPPP, no joke.

I prefer vodka or fireball whiskey myself. The kraken isnt bad though. Didn't drink this new years eve, we were invited to parties but I just wanted to stay indoors for the night. Really enjoyed Anastasia as a kid, it's probably what made me love the name Dmitrij :)

I wanted to be Belle. I had the barbie dolls, sleeping bags, backpack, practically everything made.
My childhood list:
Belle
Jasmine
Ariel
Mulan

I think now, however, my top princesses based on story and personality go:

Rapunzel
Anna/Elsa
they dont need no man
Tiana, I loved her hard working attitude
Belle
Mulan

And power rangers, I always wanted kimberly and tommy to end up together :( edit: reading the wiki, it appears they did have a romance
I was the pink power ranger for halloween so many years.

Pau

My favorites when I was little were Mulan, Anastasia, Esmeralda, and of course Belle.

Nowadays I'd add Tiana.

I actually wanted to be Dimitri when I was a kid. I thought con artists were the shit.

Kimaka

Mulan
Esmeralda
Meg
Jasmine

Two aren't part of the princess line but I never really cared for the majority of the Disney Princesses. I do remember liking Pocahontas but I have a difficult time looking back on both her and the movie fondly after finding out what really happened.

And power rangers, I always wanted kimberly and tommy to end up together :( edit: reading the wiki, it appears they did have a romance
I was the pink power ranger for halloween so many years.

Me too. I got so mad when Tommy was with someone else in that Turbo movie. Tommy and Kimberly were supposed to be together forever!!!

suzu

I didn't really have a favorite princess when I was a kid. I was a huge tomboy. lol

I really liked Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast the most out of the animated Disney movies though.

iirate

HAPPY NEW YEAR GIRLS! Woo! Last night I got fucked upppppp. Not literally. *_* Guys, beware of that Kraken rum. That stuff will FUCK YOU ARPPPPPP, no joke.

A couple of months ago, I went to a friend place for dinner and games after. A friend asked if he could open up their bottle of Kraken to have with dinner, and they let him have at it.

Fast forward a few hours, and we're slowly realizing just how plastered he is. We soon discover that he must have taken out about half of this large bottle himself, while the rest of us were still completely sober.

I didn't really have a favorite princess when I was a kid. I was a huge tomboy. lol

I really liked Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast the most out of the animated Disney movies though.

Those were definitely my two favs(Aladdin was the first movie my sister and I got to see in theaters), and Belle was far and away my favorite princess.

That being said, by the time I was ten or so, my older brother's love of comics had found me and completely taken over my interests for the next few years; I ended up not even seeing many of the Disney movies from the second half of the 90s. I've still never seen Mulan all the way through.

Platy

Can't believe anyone that likes Ariel.

She was awesome as a mermaid, but Ursula was ROBBED. Everything shitty that happened to Ariel was her own fault =P
What kind of idiot goes to make delas with WITCHES and don't look at the small print ?
And what kind of deal was that ? Legs for voice ?
She even got lucky that disney didn't went with the "walking on shattered glass" thing.

No man is pretty enogh for me to take away anything so basic as my talking hability .... and I don't even talk that much =P

Pau

Are we choosing favorite Ghibli princesses/ptotagonists? Because I don't think I can put any above the others. Everyone is too awesome.

Yeah no Ghibli movies for me growing up. I was 13 or so before I started to even become aware of the wide world of anime. I loved those movies as a teenager and I can only imagine how much I would have loved them as a little kid.

Atsumi

I know she's not really a Disney Princess, but Nala was one of my favorites growing up.

And of the subject of Ghibli, Princess Mononoke got me through middle school. San was/is my hero.

Kiki needs more blood. If she ran an assassination service instead of a delivery service, then she'd be cool.
But she owns a business and can fly.
I don't know why but Sheeta from Castle in the Sky has a special place in my heart.
Dola is the true heroine of Castle in the Sky.
iNvJ1vQASpto8.jpg
Japanese audiences weren't ready for such a BAMF, so Miyazaki had to make Sheeta. :(

wat. And you have a history of anime avatars? Rectify this immediately.
well i mean i've watched grave of the fireflies

and my neighbors the yamadas

and nausicca (but that was made before ghibli was a studio tho)

and um i swear i've watched spirited away once

and i bought my neighbor totoro on dvd a few days ago

and i've got princess mononoke and howl's moving castle on rental from the library (i think i saw that one on like one of the movie channels tho)

Top Bottom