• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Log4Girlz

Nope, it is the sexiest language. I dunno why but I've always found that to be the case. D:

I have a boring American accent in English, and have lost most of my Colombian accent in Spanish. (So I end up with just a really neutral Spanish. :/)

You think German is sexy? WTF? Are you a what you call them people...fashionista? Are you into fashionism?

My older brother got me in to gaming, he had a C64 which was my first gaming experience.

I feel like the gamer stereotype is kinda true, at least where I live. Not many girls I know play games. I know a lot of geeky girls, but none that are really "gamers".

But I'm okay with that because I don't have many male friends who game either. Guess I'm the biggest loser of my social group!

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
But I'm okay with that because I don't have many male friends who game either. Guess I'm the biggest loser of my social group!

Be careful, soon you'll be saying "I was into saying "I was into games before it was cool" before people saying "I was into games before it was cool" was cool".

If that makes sense.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I think it differs by country honestly. I'm Australian and I've never met anyone who I'd consider overly cretinous. I even worked at a video game store so I feel like I got a pretty good idea of the demographics. Maybe all the creepy gamers have steam or something.

I wasn't being overly serious, but a lot of the gamers I've met are socially awkward to the point where you want to slap them or obnoxious assholes. I've not had much luck meeting "normal" gamers.

I just wish more gamers lead a normal life that also included game playing.

Honestly, Call of Duty was kinda great for me. I've always enjoyed online FPS and when CoD got huge a lot of people suddenly seemed to be playing that (and only that) alongside their normal lives. So many of my friends suddenly bought a 360 and were online to chat/play with.

(Yes, I love CoD, don't start! :p)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't being overly serious, but a lot of the gamers I've met are socially awkward to the point where you want to slap them or obnoxious assholes. I've not had much luck meeting "normal" gamers.

I just wish more gamers lead a normal life that also included game playing.

Honestly, Call of Duty was kinda great for me. I've always enjoyed online FPS and when CoD got huge a lot of people suddenly seemed to be playing that (and only that) alongside their normal lives. So many of my friends suddenly bought a 360 and were online to chat/play with.

(Yes, I love CoD, don't start! :p)

I know what you mean, I played MW2 with a bunch of 30-40 year olds, two of whom were married to each other.

As long as we can agree the series peaked at Modern Warfare 2 and the Treyarch games were only ever "competent".

4 > MW2 > BLOPS 2 > COD2 > Ehhhhhhh the rest are all kinda average to bad.

I'm still sad that Titanfall is pretty bad. I was hoping it would be return of the king.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
4 > MW2 > BLOPS 2 > COD2 > Ehhhhhhh the rest are all kinda average to bad.

I'm still sad that Titanfall is pretty bad. I was hoping it would be return of the king.

Yeah I lost all interest after I saw a snippet of gameplay. The maps in Modern Warfare 1 and 2 were so balanced and intricately designed, and Titanfall just has huge amounts of empty space everywhere, which is what I hate about the Battlefield games.

Get hyped for Destiny, get so hyped.

I tried so hard to like Titanfall. I played it for what seemed like hours and hours and it never clicked.

Then I saw the game timer was 10 hours played and that said it all. It felt at least 2x that.

It's undercooked, limited in content and has some questionable design choices.

Meanwhile, when everybody is shitting on Battlefield 4 (rightly so), I'm addicted to it. 3 never clicked with me but 4? Oh boy am I enjoying it.

By the way, what was it like as a girl working in a game shop? A girl that works in the local GAME by me hates how she's treated "special" for being a girl. (little do they know she's not really that clued up :p)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
the way, what was it like as a girl working in a game shop? A girl that works in the local GAME by me hates how she's treated "special" for being a girl. (little do they know she's not really that clued up :p)

Alas, I am a boy.

But I know exactly what you're talking about, there was a girl who worked at the location across the road who got waaay too much undue attention. Then again, she did have pink hair and was an alt model, so maybe it wasn't that undue. But yeah, socially inept guys will flock to try and get in with a girl who shares their interests, probably because they think it's their only chance at getting with someone. I'm starting to wonder if the company is actually going out of their way to try and hire people they think might bring in male gamers.

4 is awful it's not really halo at all.

Yep, was a huge Halo 3/ Reach fan back in the day and even posted on Forgehub and the like. Then Halo 4 was awful and I moved to NeoGaf.

Wazzy

Banned
But you make up for it with all the healthcare and syrup.
Oh yeah. I guess we are awesome.
SoEEWGY.png

We have no accents! :p

Y yah lyin aboot r accents ya goof?

Oh yeah. I guess we are awesome.
SoEEWGY.png

Y yah lyin aboot r accents ya goof?

Wazzy why don't you FakeGAF anymore?

*looks around*

...OH GOD WHERE AM I WHAT IS THIS PLACE HELP

EDIT: Just realised this joke doesn't work as well if I don't mention that I was looking through Squiddy's post history to see why he was banned and ended up here. Oh well. I'm tired leave me alone :C

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
French people speaking English. I include french Canadians in this. In fact, I love Canada tonight on the basis of Fez and Julie Doucet. Canada! One day I will retire in you!

My older brother got me in to gaming, he had a C64 which was my first gaming experience.

I feel like the gamer stereotype is kinda true, at least where I live. Not many girls I know play games. I know a lot of geeky girls, but none that are really "gamers".

thats a funny odd thing to say

also what are u guys doing in girlgaf perpetuatin stereotypes like the girl-at-the-game-store-getting-unduly-attenshun tropes and look-im-not-one-of-those-cretinous-inept-gamers tropes

;__;

jk jk

halo gamer here. havent finished halo 4 though. i liked reach and 3 and odst. the firefight in odst was soooooooooo much fun.

Wazzy

Banned
I also played a bit of Halo yet I haven't touched 4 yet. I'm not sure why. 3's online was pretty fun.

Wazzy why don't you FakeGAF anymore?

*looks around*

...OH GOD WHERE AM I WHAT IS THIS PLACE HELP

EDIT: Just realised this joke doesn't work as well if I don't mention that I was looking through Squiddy's post history to see why he was banned and ended up here. Oh well. I'm tired leave me alone :C

Oh there's another Fake thread? Didn't even know lol I don't really have much to post in there, though. :(

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
There's a GirlGAF thread? :O

Thanks for the responses. All of the girls I know that are into games got into them because their brothers/fathers were into them. It's interesting to see that that seems to be the case for the majority here, too.

I just always liked them. My brother and I shared a console (though he did play more games than I did).

Wazzy

Banned
I was raised with two brothers so I definitely got my interest from my older brother. I spread my love of games to my little cousins who are both girls. :D

Oh c'mon, you've gotta have a terrible work story to share!

We miss you and Stephen :(

Hmmmm I have so many that I'm forgetting them all. Oh retail.

I guess we'll try to post more. Actually, we wanna start skyping again since that was the best.

I was raised with two brothers so I definitely got my interest from my older brother. I spread my love of games to my little cousins who are both girls. :D

Hmmmm I have so many that I'm forgetting them all. Oh retail.

I guess we'll try to post more. Actually, we wanna start skyping again since that was the best.

If you guys start Skyping again, maybe I'll actually finish chapter four!

I just watched the second Thor movie a d I literally have no idea what the hell was supposed to have been going on but it is now my favorite marvel movie for reasons.

Aiustis

I just watched the second Thor movie a d I literally have no idea what the hell was supposed to have been going on but it is now my favorite marvel movie for reasons.

Lol I've only seen the Avengers and no nothing of Marvel other than what learned from reading Civil War. People been asking me about Captain America lately since I stay in graphic novels. I go to the movies once or twice a year.

suzu

An older cousin bought me and my little brother an NES & Gameboy, so that's how I was introduced to video games. She didn't particularly care for games herself, but she thought that us kids would probably enjoy it.

Then another cousin gave us a SNES and it took off from there. haha

Aiustis

An older cousin bought me and my little brother an NES & Gameboy, so that's how I was introduced to video games. She didn't particularly care for games herself, but she thought that us kids would probably enjoy it.

Then another cousin gave us a SNES and it took off from there. haha

My older brother would lend me his gameboy to play Kid Icarus when I was about 3. Most of my sibs would casually play Mario and Battletoads (later Sonic as well). I loved Paper Boy. My grandmother always got the systems and she was kind of like videogames are for boys. But then when I was 8 she got me a gameboy pocket. My brother and I were the only ones who really loved videogames at the time. And he was always okay with letting me play his handhelds; I think that's why I'm mostly a handheld gamer. My older sister was never into them but now I see that's because we didn't have pc games as she loves rts and simulation. And my younger sister is pretty much only into AAA shooters on consoles, but she hardly played at all when we were younger.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
How is Honey? I don't think I've smelled many marc jacobs perfumes.

Sorry I missed this, I wasn't being rude!

It's very very light and smells of honey (no sh...). I can barely smell it tbh but when I do it reminds me of honey on toast, so I'm happy.

Leeness

Oh we would have been destroyed. I just love the playoffs. ; ;

Awww that's too bad, it had a pretty large turn out!

I am watching for Montreal this year. Canada's (only) team!

Haha large turnout means I'm even less inclined to join. So introvert.

Wazzy

Banned
I am watching for Montreal this year. Canada's (only) team!

Haha large turnout means I'm even less inclined to join. So introvert.
Same! I think Sharks are gonna win this year, though.

Awww well if it ever happens again you should definitely come!

Leeness

Same! I think Sharks are gonna win this year, though.

Awww well if it ever happens again you should definitely come!

You think Sharks? I don't really know, but I'm rooting for the Habs. Canada's Team
even though Bruins will probably beat them up next round

Haha it makes me so uncomfortable. Big groups and out ~on the town~ and loud. Aug.

Edit: first round upset, bye Sharks. There goes your prediction :p

Wazzy

Banned
You think Sharks? I don't really know, but I'm rooting for the Habs. Canada's Team
even though Bruins will probably beat them up next round

Haha it makes me so uncomfortable. Big groups and out ~on the town~ and loud. Aug.

Edit: first round upset, bye Sharks. There goes your prediction :p
LOL I have the power to jinx teams.

But yayyyy for Montreal moving on and doing well. Canada needs dat cup brought home.

Top Bottom