• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Leeness

Oh, right - the boss there takes part in the same sort of behavior, IIRC. And the female higher-ups there seem to just accept it as what it is. From what she's gathered other women have had to leave because of this sort of thing.

I had two bosses when stuff happened to me, the assistant manager foisted it onto the actual manager, who thought it was hilarious and made sure to schedule me with the person as much as he could, because it was hilarious.

After I gave them my two weeks, they finally did something and I ended up staying.

Meh.

A helicopter has been circling above my neighborhood for 30 minutes or so, no idea what is going on. I saw it turn on a spotlight for a while. D:

Miney :< I've been there. And I couldn't bring it to the HR cuz I was the HR. It was a Director of a manufacturing company, and he joked in public that he wanted to see me topless in the weekend. I brought it up with the other directors and it got brushed aside. It was stupid. I had witnesses and everything.

He 'apologised' to my face, but later I saw him making jokes about it when I was passing through the canteen.

Bleh.

I left that company. But I know it's not as easy as that for some, so, if you need morale support, we're here. Other than that, I hope uncomfortable karma will bite that guy up his ass.

Vermilion, Leeness, ugh what circumstances ! i empathize so badly !

Miney :< I've been there. And I couldn't bring it to the HR cuz I was the HR. It was a Director of a manufacturing company, and he joked in public that he wanted to see me topless in the weekend. I brought it up with the other directors and it got brushed aside. It was stupid. I had witnesses and everything.

He 'apologised' to my face, but later I saw him making jokes about it when I was passing through the canteen.

Bleh.

I left that company. But I know it's not as easy as that for some, so, if you need morale support, we're here. Other than that, I hope uncomfortable karma will bite that guy up his ass.

Ah, I'm a guy. The person in question is acquaintance that's part of a club I'm in.

A helicopter has been circling above my neighborhood for 30 minutes or so, no idea what is going on. I saw it turn on a spotlight for a while. D:

Have you heard anyone on a megaphone yet? I had that happen a couple years back, and the only thing I could make out was "...turn yourself in"

Sleeping was fun that night.

Leeness

Mine was super bizarre because it was a volunteer mentally disabled kid. :/
lmao, the only person to ever be openly interested in me was mentally disabled

I guess they were uncomfortable because of that. I don't know. But the manager thought it was hilarious. The whole situation was very stupid.

Bumbles

My first venture into Community - Been on Gaf for ages, but rarely post.

I have issues with creeps on online games - so many times I need to block people and more pop up or they friend my friends to follow me around, its become so bad I get anxious when I log on wondering whats waiting for me today..

My favourite game atm is GTA5, many of my friends (mostly male) play it and I love the game. Im quite friendly, will chat with anyone, but why is it that Hi how you going? is so often met with variations of 'Wanna suck my dick' and worse. Even when my husband is in the same lobby and makes his presence known. I know most are 12yr old kids or just assholes, and I can deal with them, but a couple have been downright scary.

Am I expecting too much out of the people that play this game?

- oh and Oberyn and Tyrion FTW! :D

Vermilion, oh i see! Apologies. Hope your friend is coping well with the dreary situation.

Leeness, a bit awkward for sure :O

Bumbles, hi! I am playing GTA5 too! But i just started, and then I remembered I had GTA 4 Lost and the Damned expansion that I havent finished, so i went back to that....

And yeah, idk what's up with duders on online gaming chat things. Something possessed them and most of them got sucked into the chest-thumping jerk mode. Weird, that.

I have not played a 'girl' character online for a long time and I don't plan to. It's much more enjoyable to run around as a dude on the mmo i've been playing. I know this isn't ideal, and I know I shouldn't have to, though....

ALAS

Bumbles

I know what you mean, I wish I had the foresight to create a male character! You see dudes running around with girl characters a lot. But to lose my level/cash etc I dont know if I can live as a pauper again lol

Wazzy

Banned
I hope Magic Mike 2 will have more stripper scenes and less story.

I want my male equivalent to Show Girls, dammit!

Pau

I am done with school for the semester! Back to actually playing video games. At least until I start summer classes in June. :(

Finished The Swapper last night which was really cool.
And you play as a female character who isn't hyper-sexualized! And there are more female characters who are scientists and professionals! And it's presented as a normal thing! Can this be real.

Now onto The Banner Saga.

Xeinok

Neo Member
You gals have a terrible taste in GoT men:

Podrick-Payne-S4-EP-03.png
Ahahahahahaha, oh god please no

suzu

Mmmmm yep yep.

He was hot with the mask on AND off. Maybe I just have a thing for masks...because Tom Hardy was pretty hot as bane....don't judge!

vyrVZmI.gif

:O

As for Bane.. well it probably helps if you already know he's Tom Hardy under there. haha

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I didn't know this thread existed... so uh, howdy.

*clicks last page after reading the OT because reading 92 pages is too much work*

*sees discussion of hot GoT men*

I'm... okay with that! xD For me, it's S2-3 Jaime forever. <3 Then Ned, then Jaqen, I'd say. New Daario is surprisingly endearing, considering how insufferable the book version is. In truth the old one was more "fitting" since he had such a douche face, but I don't miss him at all.

Amalthea

Banned
Hello and welcome Morrigan

Finding these comunity threads seems to be quite a problem. There should be a way to advertise them over the site somehow.

Kimaka

A Sith.....Lord?

But my favourite is when Obi Wan shouts

"What about....DEMOCRACY!">!>""$!>11.!>"

I've taken to randomly shouting that at my partner lol

jynX3N4.jpg

Episode III had a lot of fun bits to laugh at especially the lava scene. Poor Ewan was trying his best while only having a cardboard to act against. Hayden was just so flat.

"Only Sith Lords deal in absolutes."

"Youwillnottakeherawayfromme!"

omg lol

you all going to ruin this movie for me forever

ruin it i say. ruin it with laughter. and glorious gifs

XD

Ewan was my crush back then though <3 (still is!)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
wO7lQQ5.gif

I'm still not sure if I like Ewan because he was Obi-wan or vice versa.

Lol, was it the Pillow Book?
I may or may not have done the same.

"Young Adam" and that was the name of the film, not what he called it. The Pillow Book, you say....?

Kimaka

"Young Adam" and that was the name of the film, not what he called it. The Pillow Book, you say....?
It took me an embarrassingly long time to get that joke.

Dude really likes to get naked on screen. If only more male actors were this way.

tumblr_mt183271eC1sx7cp4o1_500.gif

I think Ewan as Obi-wan was one of the better things in the prequels.

He's the only reason I can make it through AOTC. I skip forward all the Anakin/Padme scenes to turn it into an Obi-wan adventure!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It took me an embarrassingly long time to get that joke.

Dude really likes to get naked on screen. If only more male actors were this way.

He's the only reason I can make it through AOTC. I skip forward all the Anakin/Padme scenes to turn it into an Obi-wan adventure!

Made me lol.

"I'll never join you, Dooku! "

Sorry also

"I'm just an honest man trying to make his way in the universe. " GEORGE WTF

Top Bottom