• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Oh, also just bought this too!

il_570xN.565636502_k07s.jpg

Great album and it's nice I finally have a top with the album art on to add to my collection. Should arrive in time to hook up with the boys and get my boozin' and headbangin' on down at the local dive!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
That looks pretty cool. The only band shirt tank top I have is an Overkill one. I generally prefer standard t-shirts (or girlies) but for the hot summer concerts that's just too perfect.

That looks pretty cool. The only band shirt tank top I have is an Overkill one. I generally prefer standard t-shirts (or girlies) but for the hot summer concerts that's just too perfect.

I prefer regular shirts too, but I have about 25+ band shirts in my current wardrobe rotation so I at least try to even it out with the occasional top or tank haha! I found a ridicously oversized Helloween shirt (a yankee XXL) on sale for cheap from an american seller so I got that for lounging around, it may as well be a huge dress with sleeves!

Nice! I need to pick up an Overkill shirt, preferably one with artwork on it from "The Electric Age".

61XnPWYR%2BNL._SS500_.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I prefer regular shirts too, but I have about 25+ band shirts in my current wardrobe rotation so I at least try to even it out with the occasional top or tank haha!
Hah same here. For the longest time I had nothing but t-shirts and one longsleeve (sadly oversized, but, it was cold in Wacken and I stupidly didn't bring a coat or long sleeves and was desperate, so I bought an XL Moonsorrow LS for the cold nights under the tent... xD), but I finally got a hoodie last year (MDF one) and that Overkill tanktop at their last concert (which was so damn good, too bad Kreator was boring). About time I diversify my wardrobe I suppose.

Hah same here. For the longest time I had nothing but t-shirts and one longsleeve (sadly oversized, but, it was cold in Wacken and I stupidly didn't bring a coat or long sleeves and was desperate, so I bought an XL Moonsorrow LS for the cold nights under the tent... xD), but I finally got a hoodie last year (MDF one) and that Overkill tanktop at their last concert (which was so damn good, too bad Kreator was boring). About time I diversify my wardrobe I suppose.

Lucky! I want to attend Wacken but whenever I get free time to go they'e sold out, either that or any of the fellas I usually gig up and tent share with can't go. Last year in particular was a big loss for me because "Rage" where there and played the ENTIRE "Linguas Mortis Orchestra" album with the orchestra. Ugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEgKC1I5Z-g

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, I'm glad I went to Wacken before it became so damn big. I mean it was already pretty big, around 75k people (I went in 2005 and 2007), but nowadays even Hellfest is at 100k people, I don't want to imagine Wacken today. I enjoyed the festivals, but I wouldn't go back, not in this state at least.

Sucks that you wanted to go and couldn't, though. :(

Pretty good. Summer break was much needed, finished up some proposals and some TAs so I've been free for the next couple of weeks. The break is nice, but having nothing to do is so depressing. Anyone doing any summer traveling?

Next weekend I'll be in NYC to see the Kara Walker sculpture and maybe go to NYC Gaf meetup (maybe).

July 4th weekend I'll be in NH hiking in the White Mountains.

July 15th-28th I'll be in New Orleans.

And we will try to squeeze in a trip to Lithuania in August if I don't get the funding for the projects I applied for.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
That sounds awesome! The White Mountains are lovely. Never hiked there but I crossed them once or twice in road trips, they look so gorgeous during the fall season. And while I'm not the biggest fan of large cities, I still feel like I should visit NYC at least once in my life. It feels like I'm missing out right now. I should convince my boyfriend to do a short trip for the summer, maybe a 3-4 day one to Boston/New England or NYC or Niagara Falls or something like that, a place within driving distance that I have yet to visit. I don't drive though and he hates driving so I'll either have to convince him (like I did a few years ago for a weekend trip to Québec City) or we'd have to take a bus.

But yeah I don't have any big/overseas travelling planned this year. I had a big expensive (but awesome, best-of-my-life easily) trip last year, when I went to the Galapagos and then the Ecuadorian Amazon jungle, and while I'm not really hurting for money I should be a bit more cautious with spending for now, I guess. Tempted to save up for this next year, I know the folks who organise these trips (same organisers as the Galapagos trip and others I've been on), but it'll be hard to convince the SO since it's pricey...

In fact I'll have to work this summer. xD Just one or two weeks, contractual dev stuff, then back to working at home, so no biggie, just easy money. I hope Fantasia Fest is good this year. It's hit or miss, but last year was pretty good, so I fear this year will be meh, since it seems to alternate between good and mediocre from year to year... xD

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Pretty good. Summer break was much needed, finished up some proposals and some TAs so I've been free for the next couple of weeks. The break is nice, but having nothing to do is so depressing. Anyone doing any summer traveling?

Next weekend I'll be in NYC to see the Kara Walker sculpture and maybe go to NYC Gaf meetup (maybe).

And we will try to squeeze in a trip to Lithuania in August if I don't get the funding for the projects I applied for.

That sounds like a lovely summer! What proposals?

That sounds awesome! The White Mountains are lovely. Never hiked there but I crossed them once or twice in road trips, they look so gorgeous during the fall season. And while I'm not the biggest fan of large cities, I still feel like I should visit NYC at least once in my life. It feels like I'm missing out right now. I should convince my boyfriend to do a short trip for the summer, maybe a 3-4 day one to Boston/New England or NYC or Niagara Falls or something like that, a place within driving distance that I have yet to visit. I don't drive though and he hates driving so I'll either have to convince him (like I did a few years ago for a weekend trip to Québec City) or we'd have to take a bus.

But yeah I don't have any big/overseas travelling planned this year. I had a big expensive (but awesome, best-of-my-life easily) trip last year, when I went to the Galapagos and then the Ecuadorian Amazon jungle, and while I'm not really hurting for money I should be a bit more cautious with spending for now, I guess. Tempted to save up for this next year, I know the folks who organise these trips (same organisers as the Galapagos trip and others I've been on), but it'll be hard to convince the SO since it's pricey...

In fact I'll have to work this summer. xD Just one or two weeks, contractual dev stuff, then back to working at home, so no biggie, just easy money. I hope Fantasia Fest is good this year. It's hit or miss, but last year was pretty good, so I fear this year will be meh, since it seems to alternate between good and mediocre from year to year... xD

Wow...I can't imagine going to the Galapagos. It must just be mind-blowing. I've always wanted to go to Greenland (just need to convince my fiancée that it's more interesting than Italy!).

Nice, that sounds amazing, I've never left the country, but I've always wanted to. You should def come to boston so we can have a mini gaf meetup! This christmas I want to go to Aruba, it depends on if I can scrounge the money. I'm working on a pretty non existent income right now, though my boyfriend works and makes ok money. I'm pretty much using my money from my last TA to get these vacations...

Tonight we are going to a drive through movie theater outside of Boston, 1st movie is HtTYD2 and second feature is Malificient. I'm trying to do as much things that I can before we leave Boston for NYC in 2016.

Jealous of your Galapagos trip! That sounds so awesome.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
God, that sounds amazing.
It was. It was really expensive, but it could have been even more so (there was a special deal with the ship since it was during Easter), and it was totally worth it because it's an experience I'll remember the rest of my life. I got really lucky too. The organisation I linked to had announced the trip on Facebook, very limited spaces, on a very small cruiseship with about 18 cabins only. I'm not on Facebook so by the time I learned of it, it was sold out. But I was put on a waiting list and luckily, a few people cancelled and I got a place. So lucky!

The jungle trip was great too. It's funny, I thought it'd be a bit of an "adventure", all humid and hot with tons of mosquitoes and nasty bugs like spiders or snakes... but I wanted to be brave and decided to try! Yet the humidity was actually pleasant (unlike the shitty urban humidity of the city), the mosquitoes were fairly rare and the nastier bugs only come out at night and I actually had to go out of my way to see them, so it ended up being a pleasant, totally non-adventurous experience after all. :D

* I was at this place, which is 2 hours away by motorboat from the nearest town, completely inaccessible by road. It's near a small lake with a high level of acidity, so mosquitoes can't breed there. They do breed in small ponds in the rainforest, but there are a lot of predators in the rain forest so they don't prosper as much as other places. I barely got bitten at all. I find it ironic that my friend's backyard in the suburbs of Montreal had way more mosquitoes than the rainforest, haha! Of course I did have to take anti-malaria pills, just in case, but I get more bites from a BBQ than a jungle expedition... xD

Leeness

I'm going to Paris and Rome in September. Soooooooooon ;_;

I haven't been to NYC or New Orleans but they're places in the US I'd like to see someday! Have fun :)

I'd love to go on vacation too. But even if I had the money I wouldn't have anyone to come with me.

Awwww. But there are other lovely things that money can buy for single people :> surely? Gadgets, theatres, museum passes, books, spa, skin care treatments, scooter, etc. etc.

Buuuuuuuuuut hugs for you, from all the way down in Australia, if you wants any <3

I'm going on a trip to Japan next month :D Very excited. This time I have plans to hire a car and drive to one of the volcanic mountain in Hokkaido! I just hope I can navigate well enough, since all the signs will be in Japanese and my Japanese is kind of shaky. Haha. Cant wait, though :>

Amalthea

Banned
Awwww. But there are other lovely things that money can buy for single people :> surely? Gadgets, theatres, museum passes, books, spa, skin care treatments, scooter, etc. etc.

Buuuuuuuuuut hugs for you, from all the way down in Australia, if you wants any <3

I'm going on a trip to Japan next month :D Very excited. This time I have plans to hire a car and drive to one of the volcanic mountain in Hokkaido! I just hope I can navigate well enough, since all the signs will be in Japanese and my Japanese is kind of shaky. Haha. Cant wait, though :>
Thanks for the hugs but shopping excesses really don't help my mood at the moment.
Boo!

Well, you could always go to England. We have the world's best GAFfers. :p
I think I can get boo-ed at plenty without going specifically to England but it would be nice (going to England not the boo-ing part).

Thanks for the hugs but shopping excesses really don't help my mood at the moment.

I think I can get boo-ed at plenty without going specifically to England but it would be nice (going to England not the boo-ing part).

hugs it is! *hugs*

yeah, spending money can be trite >__<

hope you will have a good day ahead <3

soepje

YesNOnoNOYes, i was wondering, is your nickname from a movie scene? Monty Python or something? I seem to recall a specific scene but i can't for the life of me remember what movie it's from :p

I'm going to Paris and Rome in September. Soooooooooon ;_;

I haven't been to NYC or New Orleans but they're places in the US I'd like to see someday! Have fun :)
Have you considered visiting Pompeii too? I don't know how much time you are planning to spend in Rome, but Pompeii is only about 150 miles south of it and really quite an interesting and memorable place (if you are into that sort of thing that is). Just one of those places that is cool to visit once in your lifetime imho. (But then again, so many places are :p). Either way, wish you a great trip! Rome is beautiful!

Edit: Now that i think of it, i would love to have a nice long and lazy beach vacation right about now. Just nothing but sun, sand, water and cold drinks :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

That's utterly crap :-(

Well, we don't really do much boo-ing around here. We mostly drink tea, sit in comfy chairs and play video games. Look! A picture of a bulldog puppy!

bulldog-puppy_5-jpg.jpg

Leeness

Have you considered visiting Pompeii too? I don't know how much time you are planning to spend in Rome, but Pompeii is only about 150 miles south of it and really quite an interesting and memorable place (if you are into that sort of thing that is). Just one of those places that is cool to visit once in your lifetime imho. (But then again, so many places are :p). Either way, wish you a great trip! Rome is beautiful!

Edit: Now that i think of it, i would love to have a nice long and lazy beach vacation right about now. Just nothing but sun, sand, water and cold drinks :)

I've already got everything booked :( one day though, Pompeii would be really cool to visit.

I'm in Paris for 6 days, Rome for 5 (with a one day trip to Florence) and then back to Paris for two more nights and fly out.

Hahahahahaha at Aurora and Ariel.

Hey ladies, this may sound like a weird question, but I've been trying to lose 10lbs I gained the last 6 months due to a unexpected tragedy and have been looking at some different classes. I've gone to the gym, but I often get bored quickly, and find myself loving fun forms of exercise like dancing (I love clubbing!). Have any of ya'll taken any dance based exercise classes? I was considering pole dancing classes as the prices weren't too insane ($100/mo per year), but may go into another form of dance. Just wondering if any of ya'll have any experiences you could share?

YesNOnoNOYes, i was wondering, is your nickname from a movie scene? Monty Python or something? I seem to recall a specific scene but i can't for the life of me remember what movie it's from :p

soepje, originally, it was just a copy and paste from an online questionnaire i was taking, and i just got stuck with it. i started using it at some other forum, i think, and then one day it got blown over out of proportion when there was a discussion about consensual sex.

trigger warning for rape discussion under spoilerly:
( i was in the position that if a woman says no at any moment in the sex, things should have stopped, but there were groce people that says the final YES indicate that things are okayed at the end )

anyway, looks like i've properly adopted it for good now since most of my online friends call me ynnny... hehe :>

and whoa, i need to find out if theres a monty python that related to my nick now lol

what does your nick mean / come from?

ArsenicYellow, I usually just dance to the xbawks dance central for half an hour every day, choosing different songs. it's been oddly... working. so far! i get bored so easily with exercise routines so the dance central thing has been a strange compromise between getting off my lazy butts to exercise and gaming. it's dorky, but ...what can you do. haha.

oh and its cheap as, too :>

soepje

soepje, originally, it was just a copy and paste from an online questionnaire i was taking, and i just got stuck with it. i started using it at some other forum, i think, and then one day it got blown over out of proportion when there was a discussion about consensual sex.

trigger warning for rape discussion under spoilerly:
( i was in the position that if a woman says no at any moment in the sex, things should have stopped, but there were groce people that says the final YES indicate that things are okayed at the end )

anyway, looks like i've properly adopted it for good now since most of my online friends call me ynnny... hehe :>

and whoa, i need to find out if theres a monty python that related to my nick now lol

what does your nick mean / come from?
Ah i see, cool! It was driving me crazy, so i actually went and found it. It wasn't Monty Python after all, but this (slightly NSFW) scene from History of the world part 1 instead. Looking at it now, i´m not sure why i made the connection, it's been ages since i saw the movie. Aw well, now that i found it i can rest easy again. /random babble :p.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I think I've formed too deep a bond with the fish we're babysitting. I seem to belive they when they come to me and mouth stuff they're saying hello, not just asking for food. I've also started talking to them a lot. :-S

Yakkue

I think I've formed too deep a bond with the fish we're babysitting. I seem to belive they when they come to me and mouth stuff they're saying hello, not just asking for food. I've also started talking to them a lot. :-S

Haha, that's sweet :) What kind of fish are you babysitting?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Haha, that's sweet :) What kind of fish are you babysitting?

It's really bad I'm not sure. I think one is a white goldfish. The other has bulging eyes. The white one is Whitey and she's very forward. The black one is Stoby and he's a bit of a sad sack.

It's a (edit) black moor goldfish. They have different types, my favorite being the lionhead goldfish.
On my phone, otherwise I'd post a pic. Goldfish are awesome, you can actually train them to eat out of your hands. The problem with a lot of goldfish owners is they put them in fishbowls or bowls too small for them. Generally you need 20 gallons for the first goldfish and 10 additional gallons for every additional goldfish, but not too many people actually follow those rules. They are such waste producers that they need the space to live anxiety free. Sadly anxiety is a huge fish killer :(

suzu

Goldfish are cute. :) I'd keep a few if I had room for an aquarium. My family used to raise them when I was younger. They were huuuuge.

Anyone else watching the World Cup?

Piecake

Hey ladies, this may sound like a weird question, but I've been trying to lose 10lbs I gained the last 6 months due to a unexpected tragedy and have been looking at some different classes. I've gone to the gym, but I often get bored quickly, and find myself loving fun forms of exercise like dancing (I love clubbing!). Have any of ya'll taken any dance based exercise classes? I was considering pole dancing classes as the prices weren't too insane ($100/mo per year), but may go into another form of dance. Just wondering if any of ya'll have any experiences you could share?

Not a girl, but what about rock climbing? I started doing that and its a very good cardio and muscle work out. Lot of fun too. Hits the back, shoulders, and core especially, but wont really bulk you up since its all body weight.

Not a girl, but what about rock climbing? I started doing that and its a very good cardio and muscle work out. Lot of fun too. Hits the back, shoulders, and core especially, but wont really bulk you up since its all body weight.
Oooh I didnt think about that. Do you do indoor or actually go out to cliffs and stuff?

Top Bottom