• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Can't tell if euphemism or not...been online too long today, lol.

Hi - everytime I see your tag it makes me happy. Do you speak Latin? I studied it briefly but never got too far. I always wanted to be able to read Petronius and Juvenal etc etc in the original language.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hi - everytime I see your tag it makes me happy. Do you speak Latin?

Heh, no. I logged in one day and somehow ended up with this tag. I still have no clear idea why.

On a different note:

31oplmNl.jpg

WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS??

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Size number neurosis. It's just an arbitrary number, people!

Unless it's a style statement. In which case, eh?! That can't be good for you.

Mabef

Banned
*knock knock* Hello hello, anyone home? Can I intrude for a sec?
A thread addressed to "LadyGAF" is sputtering over on the gaming side, if anyone's feeling adventurous.
LadyGAF: Does it take you out of a game to not be able to play as a female character?

...also, regarding kirbytoes.jpg, the top half of the picture kinda looks like a woman in a tight dress bending over some sort of.. public bus seat? My perception of what goes on in this thread really exploded for a few seconds there.
But it was about shoes, lol.
Don't ban me!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Gaddammit!

I want to play some gaaemeeezzzz with non-males (males cool too, but you know etc etc). I hope that isn't taken the wrong way by anyone.

--

Yeah re the thread. That was a bit depressing.

what even is destini alpha~ google time for me !

and no no, i totes understand :> hopes you get some good gamin' time soon, sploatee!

<3

oooh, its a new game... a bungie game :O oh man, im so behind with the games lately. all i've been playing is retro stuff. graphic adventures from times of olde. so nostalgic *___*

(currently playing gabriel knight 1) haha...

someday

Banned
Continuing my (now threefold) spam!

Is anybody here in the Destiny alpha...?

I'm in the alpha (and I pre-ordered it so I'll be in the beta as well). I'm having a great time with it. I'm not sure how much time I'll get to play this weekend but feel free to send an invite or friend request. Actually, any ladies who want, send one. I added a few people from the PSN thread but I think it's all guys (#NotThatTheresAnythingWrongWithThat) but it would be fun to play with girl-gaf. I play mostly shooters but I'm not competitive, I just play for fun.

PSN-someday

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm in the alpha (and I pre-ordered it so I'll be in the beta as well). I'm having a great time with it. I'm not sure how much time I'll get to play this weekend but feel free to send an invite or friend request. Actually, any ladies who want, send one. I added a few people from the PSN thread but I think it's all guys (#NotThatTheresAnythingWrongWithThat) but it would be fun to play with girl-gaf. I play mostly shooters but I'm not competitive, I just play for fun.

PSN-someday

Great - I'll send you an invite when I'm on later.

P.S. There are still codes being given out in the begging thread, so you might be able to pick one up (Stormtrooper, just wondering if you wanted to get access).

Mistel

Banned
I can't make up my mind yet. It's only a really, really tiny part of the game and as it's basically a MMO it's hard to say.

I think the final game could be great though.
I wonder how it compares to Borderlands. Killing Psychos as the run at you shouting goodness knows what (pretty sure I've heard SEMEN! at one point but I digress) never gets old. Plus borderlands is really my style of humor so it helps to enjoy it more.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I wonder how it compares to Borderlands. Killing Psychos as the run at you shouting goodness knows what (pretty sure I've heard SEMEN! at one point but I digress) never gets old. Plus borderlands is really my style of humor so it helps to enjoy it more.

Ha! See above post, you can probably try it for yourself.

But as a clue...it's nothing like that. There is humour in the item descriptions and in some of the NPCs, but it's generally a bit more 'high-minded' if you know what I mean. I think they're going for what I imagine the modern Star Trek is like (I've never seen it but I've heard lots of people talk about it!)

someday

Banned
I received a code from Amazon today for the Alpha that I wasn't at all expecting. If anyone here wants it, let me know. Otherwise I will just offer it up in the begging thread.

Mistel

Banned
Ha! See above post, you can probably try it for yourself.

But as a clue...it's nothing like that. There is humour in the item descriptions and in some of the NPCs, but it's generally a bit more 'high-minded' if you know what I mean. I think they're going for what I imagine the modern Star Trek is like (I've never seen it but I've heard lots of people talk about it!)
Well to be fair borderlands does have it's moments like the too solid flesh too solid flesh soliloquy which could be seen as more cultured. I would try but I cannot.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

PSN-someday

Is the Alpha available on PS3? I don't have a PS4 yet. If so, I'd be interested.

I was wondering that too. I love Borderlands, and I was interested by Destiny since it supposedly has similar loot mechanics and all, but so far the art style is... not inspiring, I guess? Borderlands has a lot of charm. I wouldn't necessarily want the game to be humorous, but there's just nothing unique or engrossing about the environments or art direction that makes me want to play Destiny.

Still, I'd try the Alpha if I had access, maybe playing it would change my mind about it.

someday

Banned
Is the Alpha available on PS3? I don't have a PS4 yet. If so, I'd be interested.

I was wondering that too. I love Borderlands, and I was interested by Destiny since it supposedly has similar loot mechanics and all, but so far the art style is... not inspiring, I guess? Borderlands has a lot of charm. I wouldn't necessarily want the game to be humorous, but there's just nothing unique or engrossing about the environments or art direction that makes me want to play Destiny.

Still, I'd try the Alpha if I had access, maybe playing it would change my mind about it.
It's only for the PS4 so far. I agree that the environment is way less fun than in Borderlands. I got really tired of the drab apocalyptic worlds last gen but I'm willing to give Destiny more of my time because I'm having a blast playing it. The co-op stuff is great and few of the games that I play have that mechanic. I lost hours yesterday and didn't even realize it. I'm mostly done with the Alpha though cause I've got a ton of school stuff (and I'm going out tonight and have father's day tomorrow) but I'm already looking forward to the beta.

Well, went on a shopping spree and picked up a Wii U not too long ago and I bagged myself...

32GB Black Wii U
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros. U
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Rayman Legends
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Free game promo)

Loving the system so far. Took a few days but I got 100% completion in Mario 3D World with friends and after a few drinks the teamkills and lives lost went through the roof! Frustrating, but a great time!

Unlocked everything in Mario Kart 8 apart from the Golden Glider, currently got a VR of 4000 while playing online, I need 10000 coins to get everything so that's gonna take a while. Easily my favourite Mario Kart to date.

Playing through Rayman Legends at the moment considering I got it dirt cheap. Good game, not as good as Origins but still easily worth the money I paid. 100% completion isn't far off!

If you register MK8 with Club Nintendo you get a free game download! Only until the 30th though.

Pick Wind Waker

Nabbed Monster Hunter 3. Played the gamecube version of Wind Waker to death way back when I was wearing pigtails, haha! For some reason MH is always really bloody expensive over here in the UK so I nabbed that. I'll be getting Wind Waker much further down the line after picking up "The Wonderful 101" & "Pikmin 3".

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
My boyfriend ordered a refurbished Wii U, so now I have a reason to pick up MH3U too. Played a lot of MH3 on the old Wii, so this should be pretty good. I'm wary about that ridiculous controller though...

My boyfriend ordered a refurbished Wii U, so now I have a reason to pick up MH3U too. Played a lot of MH3 on the old Wii, so this should be pretty good. I'm wary about that ridiculous controller though...

Controller is great. All the screen features for cycling through items, gear, and finding out where quests are in the hub village are all great features. Only thing that I can really complain about is aiming with ranged weapons is a bit odd, but MH has always kinda been dodgy in that respect, using the D-Pad to aim is much easier.

Top Bottom