• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Piecake

Oooh I didnt think about that. Do you do indoor or actually go out to cliffs and stuff?

Indoor. Just started so I actually want to figure out how to do it before I do something like that. That is the eventual plan though. Climbing is all about technique, relative strength, balance, and flexibility. That is probably why I see a lot more women in a climbing gym than a weight room.

Karkador

Banned
Indoor. Just started so I actually want to figure out how to do it before I do something like that. That is the eventual plan though. Climbing is all about technique, relative strength, balance, and flexibility. That is probably why I see a lot more women in a climbing gym than a weight room.

Yeah, I would see a lot of girls when I would go to my local climbing gym. It looked like a lot of girls excelled at it, and I think it might have to do with less muscle mass lending itself better to rock climbing. I saw a fair amount of jacked, strong-looking dudes struggle with it more, if only because of having to work against their own weight. It's still a very physically demanding test, but it really looked like the girls had a natural inclination (pun intended!) for it.

The nice thing about it is that it feels more rewarding than a typical gym visit, because you're actively engaged in figuring out how to get to the top of the wall, and getting there can feel like a nice payoff for the work you just put in. It's not just going through the motions- especially if you have any reservations about heights, like me.

The only downside is you gotta do it with a partner (someone needs to hold your security line), so schedule/coerce/kidnap a trusted one accordingly.

Piecake

Yeah, I would see a lot of girls when I would go to my local climbing gym. It looked like a lot of girls excelled at it, and I think it might have to do with less muscle mass lending itself better to rock climbing. I saw a fair amount of jacked, strong-looking dudes struggle with it more, if only because of having to work against their own weight. It's still a very physically demanding test, but it really looked like the girls had a natural inclination (pun intended!) for it.

The nice thing about it is that it feels more rewarding than a typical gym visit, because you're actively engaged in figuring out how to get to the top of the wall, and getting there can feel like a nice payoff for the work you just put in. It's not just going through the motions- especially if you have any reservations about heights, like me.

The only downside is you gotta do it with a partner (someone needs to hold your security line), so schedule/coerce/kidnap a trusted one accordingly.

There are gyms with auto-belays, so it is a sport you can do by yourself, you just need to find the right gym. The climbing gym that I go to has like 20 autos.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's a (edit) black moor goldfish. They have different types, my favorite being the lionhead goldfish.
On my phone, otherwise I'd post a pic. Goldfish are awesome, you can actually train them to eat out of your hands. The problem with a lot of goldfish owners is they put them in fishbowls or bowls too small for them. Generally you need 20 gallons for the first goldfish and 10 additional gallons for every additional goldfish, but not too many people actually follow those rules. They are such waste producers that they need the space to live anxiety free. Sadly anxiety is a huge fish killer :(

Thanks for the tip. We're definitely getting our own tank soon so it's good to know.

Whitey also pooped and ate it this morning. It was just the thing for a Monday morning.

A black moor goldfish.

Thanks! That's Stobes alright.

Sevarus

It's a (edit) black moor goldfish. They have different types, my favorite being the lionhead goldfish.
On my phone, otherwise I'd post a pic. Goldfish are awesome, you can actually train them to eat out of your hands. The problem with a lot of goldfish owners is they put them in fishbowls or bowls too small for them. Generally you need 20 gallons for the first goldfish and 10 additional gallons for every additional goldfish, but not too many people actually follow those rules. They are such waste producers that they need the space to live anxiety free. Sadly anxiety is a huge fish killer :(

Yes to all of this. I worked at a pet store and so many people would not do their research before they bought, well, anything really, but especially fish. Just because they're not a dog or a cat doesn't mean you shouldn't give them the best lives possible in captivity.

I would love to have a tank of Ryukins at some point. So much filtration, though XD

Yes to all of this. I worked at a pet store and so many people would not do their research before they bought, well, anything really, but especially fish. Just because they're not a dog or a cat doesn't mean you shouldn't give them the best lives possible in captivity.

I would love to have a tank of Ryukins at some point. So much filtration, though XD

If I ever get a house (very unlikely), I'm getting a variety of goldfish to eventually be in a pond.
I love all goldfish, but my faves are Veiltails, Pandas, and my ultimate, Lioheads... they are just so fricken cute.

RanchuGoldfish_CarassiusAuratus(Var)WFG_AcF207.jpg
Sabrinaspictures002.jpg
goldfish-lionhead-sschoenick.jpg

I have a 10 gallon tank at the moment that's empty, but I'd like to get a beta for it, 10 gallons seems perfect for a single beta :)

Sevarus

I have a 10 gallon tank at the moment that's empty, but I'd like to get a beta for it, 10 gallons seems perfect for a single beta :)

Oh man, that betta would be in heaven! You probably already know this, but for other potential betta owners, make sure you have a heater in their tank. They like temps of 25-30C.

Oh man, that betta would be in heaven! You probably already know this, but for other potential betta owners, make sure you have a heater in their tank. They like temps of 25-30C.

Yeah I have a heated tank. I had previously owned a goldfish in the tank so I needed to heat it. I wasnt aware of the 20 gallon rule and the poor baby ended up dying a few months after purchase due to worms/stress.

suzu

I like veiltails, demekin/moors, and orandas. All this goldfish talk is making me want to get a fishy.

We used to have a huge gold oranda named Yokozuna (my little brother named it after the wrestler lol). All of our goldfish lived for years, but that's the only one that I can remember clearly. heh

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
sploatee, hahahahah omg. i thought it was going to be a jane austen period drama comic lol

I will pass on your enjoyment :)

I have it on good authority that the series (Manfeels Park) will next "give a good sporking to Evil Trans-Exclusive Radical Feminists".

Wish I could draw!

Just had a giant moth in my bedroom, I screamed like crazy as the damn thing chased me about the room and then out the door. I'm alright with things like spiders and bees, yet moths and butterflies send me running!

Anyone else like that?

Moths and butterflies have tiny little scales. You can inhale them. Gross.

Personally I'm okay with all non-biting bugs, except rolly-pollys. When I was a child, I collected them in a jar with a cricket. The cricket lost its leg, and I watched in horror as a rollypolly crawled up to the leg and started eating it.

I'll never forget the sound crunch crunch crunch and the leg moving up and down from being chewed on.

sdgjkdhsgljsdhgklsdhgkdslgjsdg

Ugh, thanks for making me hate them even more now! And I now have to see what the hell these horrible rolly polly's are...

Moths and butterflies have tiny little scales. You can inhale them. Gross.

Personally I'm okay with all non-biting bugs, except rolly-pollys. When I was a child, I collected them in a jar with a cricket. The cricket lost its leg, and I watched in horror as a rollypolly crawled up to the leg and started eating it.

I'll never forget the sound crunch crunch crunch and the leg moving up and down from being chewed on.

sdgjkdhsgljsdhgklsdhgkdslgjsdg

:OOOOOOO

..... rollypollies reminds me of banelings :>

and now to gross myself out *goes to google rollypolly*

sploatee, OH WOW .... i didnt realise the puns in the url! MANFEELS park XD GENIUS <333333333

tell her she's amazing :D

i draw sometimes. but im very lazy ;___;

Kimaka

Just had a giant moth in my bedroom, I screamed like crazy as the damn thing chased me about the room and then out the door. I'm alright with things like spiders and bees, yet moths and butterflies send me running!

Anyone else like that?

One time after a storm, I had a huge influx of moths getting into my apartment. It was awful and I hate dealing with them. They are so hairy and gross looking.

I'm mostly okay with getting rid of insects after the initial shock of seeing them. Lizards and geckos are what freak me out. I'll run away screaming after seeing one.

Yakkue

Do you tend to correct people if they use male pronouns for you on the net? I never know if I should or if that would come off as annoying, since it's not that important to me anyway..

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Do you tend to correct people if they use male pronouns for you on the net? I never know if I should or if that would come off as annoying, since it's not that important to me anyway..

I always do. Just feels like the right thing to do, especially on gaming forums where being a bloke is just assumed.

suzu

Sometimes. Most of the time I don't bother, for various reasons.

soepje

Usually not. Only when the interaction asks for it or comments wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Not really, unless they are really pushing my buttons. Every time theres a gaf meetup I go to, I always bring my boyfriend who is also a gaffer. I'll post in the corresponding thread that I'll be bringing him, but they still assume I'm male over the idea that I'm female.

Kimaka

If they do it repeatedly, I will. I won't bother correcting them if it just happens once.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I used to, but nowadays I generally don't bother unless it's somehow relevant to the discussion or if they repeatedly make the mistake.

I don't unless they PM me about moustache products. It has happened!
image.php

:D

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I used to, but nowadays I generally don't bother unless it's somehow relevant to the discussion or if they repeatedly make the mistake.

image.php

:D

I guess I'm in the minority then!

Have you changed your name?

And if so, please explain why!

I'm nosey and it's a quiet day at work

I usually don't unless it's a topic of conversation where knowing my gender would be relevant.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I guess I'm in the minority then!

Have you changed your name?

And if so, please explain why!

I'm nosey and it's a quiet day at work
Ohhh I didn't notice the change request went through. Sweet! Thanks, whichever admin did it. <3

Yeah, I initially registered as Morrigan Stark long ago. I usually just go as "Morrigan" but it's often already taken, so I often add "Stark" because... why not. Only, I used my own private domain's email address and so my NeoGAF account was not approved. I tried again with Targaryen using an ISP email and this one went through and I used that for a while.

But recently a mod or admin put the tag you see below my name, Arrogant Smirk. It's one of my alternate PSN account username (I made it to have more save slots for Demon's Souls and Dragon's Dogma, haha), and it's a perfect anagram of my original PSN "MorriganStark". I mentioned that in the Demon's Souls thread and an admin put that under my name, which I thought was hilarious. So I decided to request changing my username so that it would fit. Besides, I've always been more of #teamStark anyway. :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ohhh I didn't notice the change request went through. Sweet! Thanks, whichever admin did it. <3

Yeah, I initially registered as Morrigan Stark long ago. I usually just go as "Morrigan" but it's often already taken, so I often add "Stark" because... why not. Only, I used my own private domain's email address and so my NeoGAF account was not approved. I tried again with Targaryen using an ISP email and this one went through and I used that for a while.

But recently a mod or admin put the tag you see below my name, Arrogant Smirk. It's one of my alternate PSN account username (I made it to have more save slots for Demon's Souls and Dragon's Dogma, haha), and it's a perfect anagram of my original PSN "MorriganStark". I mentioned that in the Demon's Souls thread and an admin put that under my name, which I thought was hilarious. So I decided to request changing my username so that it would fit. Besides, I've always been more of #teamStark anyway. :)

I think I understand...!! :)

girl gaf! It's bathing suit advice time!
I have a bikini and absolutely love it, but have also been looking for a one piece that will hold up for when I go out to water parks and stuff. I absolutely love these and they are on sale, but cant decide on a color. I need opinions stat! I have soft black (not cool toned) hair and neutral leaning on warm undertones, but am extremely pale.
Black or Red:
Some customer shots:
zoom_ce168a2db7df6a412b46f10d25851100.jpg

img_462w_8702a4c49abb.jpg

I have a bikini and absolutely love it, but have also been looking for a one piece that will hold up for when I go out to water parks and stuff. I absolutely love these and they are on sale, but cant decide on a color. I need opinions stat! I have soft black (not cool toned) hair and neutral leaning on warm undertones, but am extremely pale.
Black or Red:

Some customer shots:
zoom_ce168a2db7df6a412b46f10d25851100.jpg

img_462w_8702a4c49abb.jpg

From ModCloth? I'm going to buy the exact same swimsuit pretty soon. I love that bathing suit.

I'd go with red, but that's just me.

iirate

I normally don't see a reason to.

Black or Red:

Black!

Top Bottom