• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Too many purdy people in this thread. There is NO way I am posting a pic of my me or my hair!

But I am growing it out a bit. I tend to have a graduated bob (I have curly hair) but wanted to try something different, so have had it layered properly and now I need to sit and wait patiently.

My hair is really dry and it's hard to find the right products. I've tried loads from fancy salon stuff to designer brands and just high street stuff. Right now Tresemme seems to be working OK (just shampoo + conditioner) and then every week I'll use an Aussie deep conditioner and let it sit on my hair for a while.

Ooh and for 4th of July I will be doing nothing. Because I'm British and we don't go in for that kind of patriotic thing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ooh, I have a suggestion for you that I love.

Try coconut oil w/honey as a hair conditioner. It. Smells. Amazing. Like cinnamon french toast :).

But you could be totally counter-culture.

(Though, it's a pretty funny image of y'all celebrating our independence from ya! "THANK THE QUEEN WE GOT RID OF THOSE CRAZY AMERICANS.")

Ha! As if we could be that sincere about anything!

We'd probably just mumble self-consciously about there being a celebration of something somewhere and then put the kettle on.

Kimaka

Try coconut oil w/honey as a hair conditioner. It. Smells. Amazing. Like cinnamon french toast :).

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that one day.

As for 4th of July, my extended family is having a get together. I'll probably go over there and pop firecrackers. They live in an area in the country where the neighbors party past midnight and don't mind if you do the same.

Koriandrr

Too many purdy people in this thread. There is NO way I am posting a pic of my me or my hair!

But I am growing it out a bit. I tend to have a graduated bob (I have curly hair) but wanted to try something different, so have had it layered properly and now I need to sit and wait patiently.

My hair is really dry and it's hard to find the right products. I've tried loads from fancy salon stuff to designer brands and just high street stuff. Right now Tresemme seems to be working OK (just shampoo + conditioner) and then every week I'll use an Aussie deep conditioner and let it sit on my hair for a while.

Ooh and for 4th of July I will be doing nothing. Because I'm British and we don't go in for that kind of patriotic thing.

Everyone's 'purdy' love, in their own way :)

I'm in the UK too and I've had bad experience with the Aussie stuff. I'd definitely go for the LUSH Repair shampoo. It is pricey, but well worth it and it lasted me for a solid 5 months and I have long and thick hair.

Very pretty (both of you)!
Thank you! <3

Second that! When I burned my hair (in that one time when I decided I want to be blond), I used coconut oil (£4 from The Body Shop) and left it overnight with a cap, then showered in the morning. It felt so moisturised and super soft after! I haven't tried it with honey, but I did add an egg once. Could be worth mixing all of them! YEAH SCIENCE!

Also, any hair mask can be used overnight. You get the least amount of good stuff from hair masks if you use them like conditioner - that's what my hair dresser told me.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Everyone's 'purdy' love, in their own way :)

I'm in the UK too and I've had bad experience with the Aussie stuff. I'd definitely go for the LUSH Repair shampoo. It is pricey, but well worth it and it lasted me for a solid 5 months and I have long and thick hair.

Heh!

I might give it a go. It's a good excuse to get a bath bomb at the same time :)

Pau

girl gaf! It's bathing suit advice time!
I have a bikini and absolutely love it, but have also been looking for a one piece that will hold up for when I go out to water parks and stuff. I absolutely love these and they are on sale, but cant decide on a color. I need opinions stat! I have soft black (not cool toned) hair and neutral leaning on warm undertones, but am extremely pale.
Black or Red:
Haha do we all want the same swimsuit? I'm partial to the red one! But I know shit about color. :p

Koriandrr

Oohhh if you're really pale (same here) DON'T buy black swimsuit! You will burn around the edges. I always do. I had to give up my favourite Triumph black swimsuit, because I kept burning around the edges even with spf50.

But then again, I burn a lot, that's why I use spf50 at all times, even if there's just a little sun outside. I don't know if you burn naturally, not every pale person does.

Mistel

Banned
Being pale, I go from pale to freckly to burnt and back to freckly again. It really depends how long I'm in the sun.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Stoopid comfort eating. :-(

Feel miserable and ugly. Eat big pile of choc. Feel more miserable.

Come on end of day pls.

I'm a white passable Latina, pale but don't really burn easily with yellow undertones. I'll get a little red and then tan by the next day. I get freckles though and worry constantly about sun damage so I wear a lot of sunscreen to keep wrinkles away. The bathing suit is STILL not in, probably won't be until Monday :(.

Modcloth recently changed their return exchange policy so returns aren't free shipping, plus they use fedex smartpost now without telling you. After reading how they treat their employees and shady things they've been doing, I will probably never order from them agin, just go to the actual manufacturers website if possible.

iirate

Oohhh if you're really pale (same here) DON'T buy black swimsuit! You will burn around the edges. I always do. I had to give up my favourite Triumph black swimsuit, because I kept burning around the edges even with spf50.

But then again, I burn a lot, that's why I use spf50 at all times, even if there's just a little sun outside. I don't know if you burn naturally, not every pale person does.

I'm very pale and when growing up, I'd have to keep sp50 sunscreen applied constantly and I'd still burn very easily. If I went to the pool for the afternoon and reapplied sunscreen every hour, I'd still be bright red and peeling when I left.

Now that I'm older, the sun brings my freckles out, but I get a very light tan now, and don't burn at all. I don't really get it - I'm pretty much the palest person I know, and that never changed, but I guess I can't complain either.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Should it annoy me that I just got an email through for office social events where they were divided between ladies' events (make up, cocktails, cup cakes) and gents' events (brandy tasting, poker night)?

Poker > "4 stations to educate and showcase to women the transition from office girl to party girl"

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Should it annoy me that I just got an email through for office social events where they were divided between ladies' events (make up, cocktails, cup cakes) and gents' events (brandy tasting, poker night)?

Poker > "4 stations to educate and showcase to women the transition from office girl to party girl"

Yes. Depending on the efficacy of your HR department (if you have one) i'd maybe bring it up with them. Or send a note anonymously.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yes. Depending on the efficacy of your HR department (if you have one) i'd maybe bring it up with them. Or send a note anonymously.

I'm senior enough that I've had a quiet word. What rubbish, eh? I'll go and make myself look pretty while the boys smoke cigars and get on with business.

Koriandrr

I'm senior enough that I've had a quiet word. What rubbish, eh? I'll go and make myself look pretty while the boys smoke cigars and get on with business.

Stuff like that really pisses me off.

Kudos for standing up for it. I would've just quit an environment like that.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Our school allowed students to take up vocational training, the principle said no to letting me and two of my friends taking a course cosmetic arts, presumably because we're boys. In hindsight cosmetic arts sounds really boring but at the time... fuck that guy.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Stuff like that really pisses me off.

Kudos for standing up for it. I would've just quit an environment like that.

Ta. It's a pretty good place to work tbh. We're a top LGBT employer and have loads of really amazing women in senior positions. This just seems like a bit of a cock up.

Our school allowed students to take up vocational training, the principle said no to letting me and two of my friends taking a course cosmetic arts, presumably because we're boys. In hindsight cosmetic arts sounds really boring but at the time... fuck that guy.

Gah. Don't you realise? Those things are for GIRLS.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It all makes sense now.
I think it depends on the hair. I brush mine while well all the time, in fact, I have to because if it dries while tangled it's even worse later. Conditioner makes it much easier to brush while wet. And I don't think I'm ruining my hair at all, based on the comments I get. ;)

Annoy? I'd be downright insulted. What a bunch of bullshit. I don't like brandy or poker but make-up and cup cakes, are you shitting me?

Koriandrr

I think it depends on the hair. I brush mine while well all the time, in fact, I have to because if it dries while tangles it's even worse later. Conditioner makes it much easier to brush while wet. And I don't think I'm ruining my hair at all, based on the comments I get. ;)

Mind if I ask if you dye your hair?
I have a friend who says she 'needs to brush it' because it gets tangles as well, but we made a little experiment, I told her not to brush it while wet, instead use some morrocan oil while wet, then when damp brush with fingers or wide comb to untangle the most difficult parts, then brush when it's all dry. When she did that she stopped having tangles in general after a week or two of doing it. Maybe worth a try?

But of course you could be right. It may depend on hair. My sister's hair is impossible to untangle too. But she bleaches it a lot.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I have a friend who says she 'needs to brush it' because it gets tangles as well, but we made a little experiment, I told her not to brush it while wet, instead use some morrocan oil while wet, then when damp brush with fingers or wide comb to untangle the most difficult parts, then brush when it's all dry. When she did that she stopped having tangles in general after a week or two of doing it. Maybe worth a try?

But of course you could be right. It may depend on hair. My sister's hair is impossible to untangle too. But she bleaches it a lot.
Nope, never dyed or coloured my hair in my life.

Honestly, that thing seems more complicated than what I do now. xD Brushing my hair while wet has never caused me any problems, so I see no reason to stop and start doing weird things like using fancy oils and combing when it's damp and brushing when try and yadda yadda.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Hrmm I need to try this out. I'll look into getting some Moroccan oil when I get home.

soepje

I hate my hair, it's so straight it won't hold a curl, it's oily, blah blah. But since I started taking methotrexate (basically a chemotherapy drug) it's doing this weird thing where it thins in places but then grows back so on the top of my head I have all these short but sticky upy strands that are annoying the shit out of me. I don't have any bald patches that I know of but ugh. Should I just just chop it all off? Anyone have any suggestions for that? I think I look horrible with short hair, so I'm dreading going that drastic. Right now it's past shoulder length.
Methotrexate is pretty heavy stuff, are you taking extra folic acid already? Otherwise that could help (if your doc is ok with that ofcourse).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Annoy? I'd be downright insulted. What a bunch of bullshit. I don't like brandy or poker but make-up and cup cakes, are you shitting me?

Yup. Well, I have a meeting with the head of the social committee on Monday.

I hate my hair, it's so straight it won't hold a curl, it's oily, blah blah. But since I started taking methotrexate (basically a chemotherapy drug) it's doing this weird thing where it thins in places but then grows back so on the top of my head I have all these short but sticky upy strands that are annoying the shit out of me. I don't have any bald patches that I know of but ugh. Should I just just chop it all off? Anyone have any suggestions for that? I think I look horrible with short hair, so I'm dreading going that drastic. Right now it's past shoulder length.

My partner was on Methotrexate for a while. It's heavy stuff. She's on Cimzia now (along with 10 other drugs :/). Are there any alternatives you could take?

mollipen

Seems like I found my people.

Ney girl-gafs. Can I join the hair party?

I've been dying my hair since 13, all sorts of crazy colours, while keeping it quite long as well. Currently it looks like this:

Can I tell you how utterly jealous I am of you? I've got about that color naturally, but could never even get close to having that kind of style. God I hate having curly hair so much. *cries*

Oooo, hair talk. Was just thinking of different ways to deal with extra long hair. I was left with, like, 200 bobbie pins from the wedding, so I've been trying twists lately:

Bk8mcCu.jpg

I've generally kept my hair fairly long. Mine is extremely straight, won't take a curl.

In my teen years I had it permed cause that was in, and then for a decade I had it colored. Once I stopped using chemicals on it, it just stayed healthier. Now I barely get any split ends. I trim it every few months....ok maybe once a year....just to keep it even looking. Currently past my shoulder blades. I don't think I will let it get longer, though. It gets to a point where it takes too much time to care for it.

Ahahaha. Good ol' high '90s perm. I got one back in the day, but it didn't exactly hold well. Mine's a bit like yours; hates curls. As for chemical stuff, it doesn't just damage hair, it retards growth (in some cases). Old coworker of mine dyed her hair constantly and though she tried growing it out for years, it never went past her solders. The ends would just… disintegrate. *_*

Cheska

Hey girls! Seeing as how the topic is hair, I wanted to bring up a recent product I've been using. My brother got me Infiniti Pro last year, and it's been a GOD SEND!

I have incredibly thick, straight hair, and it never holds a curl. Months had gone by before I even remembered I had it, and it wasn't until I was cleaning out my bathroom cupboards that I found it again. Took me about an hour and a half the first time I used it, it's easy enough but I worried about my hair getting tangled, or catching fire, or basically any other worst case scenario I could come up with.

The curler automatically stops when your hair is tangled or caught, and the second time I used it, it only took me 30 minutes to curl my hair. The hardest part to adjust to is that there's only one way to hold the thing, and being left handed, curling the right side of my head can be a challenge.

But anyways, here's some pictures I took off my instagram of the final product.

This was after I had been driving shotgun in a car for a few hours.
5gimloEl.png

And this is one of my fiance and I after we had been sweating our asses off and jumping up and down at a concert last month.
wX6nXCHl.png

I try to limit how often I use it, as I don't want to damage my hair, but I use a product to protect from the heat, and I've had no issues thus far. My hair has stayed curled all throughout the day AND survived me sleeping on it. Can't recommend it enough!!

Amalthea

Banned
Here's my hair. It's a bit messy so I use mainly John Frieda Frizz Erase shampoo and conditioner, some wheat conditioner that isn't aviable internationally and some oil when it's too dry. I still love my hair.

My hair get's really frizzy if I leave it alone, so I usually blow dry / lightly iron. I normally don't use conditioner, because I find that it makes my hair super greasy.

Here's a pic:

vO9Nrdm.png

(I was leaving to go graduate when I took this)

Leeness

Not to butt into the hair talk (my hair is awful anyway), but has anyone experienced the problem I'm having with the pill?

It's supposed to regulate (obviously), but my period has been like a week early the past two months and today I almost destroyed my pants. Another half an hour and I would have had to quit work, I'd have been so embarrassed :(

It has like no warning, either, pain wise. It just shows up out of nowhere with a week to go on my pill. :/

I've been working out a lot lately and figured that was why the first time, but two months now?

Zoe

Does it still only last a week or so? How long have you been taking it?

It's not really working out that should mess with periods, it's dropping your body fat to abnormal levels.

When I doubled up on packs to skip a month, I still ended up getting it a week after I was supposed to. Any time you change up your hormones, it can take time to adjust.

Leeness

Does it still only last a week or so? How long have you been taking it?

It's not really working out that should mess with periods, it's dropping your body fat to abnormal levels.

When I doubled up on packs to skip a month, I still ended up getting it a week after I was supposed to. Any time you change up your hormones, it can take time to adjust.

Yeah, lasts about a week still. I've been taking it for...jeez, since I was 17 to help with the cramps.

Lol, my body fat definitely hasn't dropped to abnormal levels (yet???). Haha.

I know my friend stopped having her period for like a year because she lost weight way too quickly (and yet has totally kept it off, jealous...). She worked out for 3-4 hours a day and dropped like 80lbs in five months. It was a little scary :/

leeness :< that sounds super uncomfortable and mortifying! maybe you should consult a doctor and find out more? i have heavy periods on my first days and i have to keep changing the pads at least 4 times a day at work. its a fucking nuisance >___<

I've been dying my hair since 13, all sorts of crazy colours, while keeping it quite long as well. Currently it looks like this:
10462906_10152602725293783_8505065989162590643_n.jpg

hi hi kori! <3 welcome and omgosh you are so cute! like a bunny <3 that hair and style looks so adorbs on you *___* i dont think i can ever rock that <3 awww

And yassssss fellow F&F fan! I'm also still really upset about him. I was gonna say there's a cool rumour going around about a character from the original returning plus others related to them. The character is
Leon, the other original member and then the other rumours are people related to Johnny Tran

wazzi, sorry for late reply ;__; i should check this thread more often ;__;

i saw you at the FIFA thread hahaha. poor wazzi was opposite of me on the french side

(that thread was fun) XD;;;

OMG. really??? an original character returing??? that's super awesome! WOW <3 im so excite now :> thanks for spreading the rumour / hype / FF LUV, yoooo

sploatee, >___< is this 2014 wtf

glad you took it up and had a talk to your company about that. gosh.

Oooo, hair talk. Was just thinking of different ways to deal with extra long hair. I was left with, like, 200 bobbie pins from the wedding, so I've been trying twists lately:

*___* gee i wish i can do anything remotely close to that. i cant even braid my hair properly. the braid will always come out lopsided and stupid looking sigh

:<

@Cheska, you are so pretty and that curls in your hair is so beautiful! I will have to check your product, girl~ thanks for the rec!!!

@Amalthea, wow *___* beautiful tone i love your blonde, amalthea. you are so lovely!

@Dragi, you look so happy in that pic :> graduation hooray! love your hair. that style is so classic and simple but lovely.

amg all of you are very pretty <3333333

(sorry for the long reply)

Leeness

leeness :< that sounds super uncomfortable and mortifying! maybe you should consult a doctor and find out more? i have heavy periods on my first days and i have to keep changing the pads at least 4 times a day at work. its a fucking nuisance >___<

It's really annoying because I have no reason to expect it and then suddenly... Yeah, same here with the having to change constantly :(

I'm going to let it go a little longer and see if it rights itself (when my body gets used to all the exercise? I don't know...) and if it doesn't in a few months, I'll go talk to a doctor. :/ And in the meantime, just wear panty liners a week to a week and a half before it's "set" to start. Sigh.

It's really annoying because I have no reason to expect it and then suddenly... Yeah, same here with the having to change constantly :(

I'm going to let it go a little longer and see if it rights itself (when my body gets used to all the exercise? I don't know...) and if it doesn't in a few months, I'll go talk to a doctor. :/ And in the meantime, just wear panty liners a week to a week and a half before it's "set" to start. Sigh.

I just basically wear panty liners all the time now, when im on my off-period days. Just in case. idk. Im super anxious when it comes down to period, even though my period is pretty regular ... but yeah. Just.... yeah. it makes me feel more at ease, so panty liners all the way for me .__.;;;

hope it will right itself soon, leeness <3

Leeness

I just basically wear panty liners all the time now, when im on my off-period days. Just in case. idk. Im super anxious when it comes down to period, even though my period is pretty regular ... but yeah. Just.... yeah. it makes me feel more at ease, so panty liners all the way for me .__.;;;

hope it will right itself soon, leeness <3

Yeah, I should start going back to that. :/ I started the pill to eliminate the need for the paranoia lol. Dammit pill.

Which pill are you on, and also, sometimes it takes time to adjust.

I've never had that problem actually. The pill has been a godsend for me. I used to have crazy periods.

Marvelon 28, and I've been on it for like...10 years haha. I've never really had a problem, and it took me from crazy periods of being so sick I had to take a couple days off school a month, to the more tolerable, but still painful enough to have me sweating and knocking back tylonel, period. Sigh.

Hey girls! Seeing as how the topic is hair, I wanted to bring up a recent product I've been using. My brother got me Infiniti Pro last year, and it's been a GOD SEND!

I have incredibly thick, straight hair, and it never holds a curl. Months had gone by before I even remembered I had it, and it wasn't until I was cleaning out my bathroom cupboards that I found it again. Took me about an hour and a half the first time I used it, it's easy enough but I worried about my hair getting tangled, or catching fire, or basically any other worst case scenario I could come up with.

The curler automatically stops when your hair is tangled or caught, and the second time I used it, it only took me 30 minutes to curl my hair. The hardest part to adjust to is that there's only one way to hold the thing, and being left handed, curling the right side of my head can be a challenge.

But anyways, here's some pictures I took off my instagram of the final product.

I try to limit how often I use it, as I don't want to damage my hair, but I use a product to protect from the heat, and I've had no issues thus far. My hair has stayed curled all throughout the day AND survived me sleeping on it. Can't recommend it enough!!

Huh. Might have to look into one of those. I curled my hair last night and it lasted all of 5 minutes. Boo.

Here's my hair. It's a bit messy so I use mainly John Frieda Frizz Erase shampoo and conditioner, some wheat conditioner that isn't aviable internationally and some oil when it's too dry. I still love my hair.

Is it naturally wavy like that at the bottom? That's kind of the ideal. Looks really nice.

My hair get's really frizzy if I leave it alone, so I usually blow dry / lightly iron. I normally don't use conditioner, because I find that it makes my hair super greasy.

Here's a pic:

vO9Nrdm.png

(I was leaving to go graduate when I took this)

Have you ever tried the no shampoo thing? I know GAF had a thread on it before, but I saw an article about it recently on my FB and the girl who tried it for her site has kept doing it because she likes it so much. She said it really seemed to cut back on the grease/other issues. Maybe worth a look?

Not to butt into the hair talk (my hair is awful anyway), but has anyone experienced the problem I'm having with the pill?

It's supposed to regulate (obviously), but my period has been like a week early the past two months and today I almost destroyed my pants. Another half an hour and I would have had to quit work, I'd have been so embarrassed :(

It has like no warning, either, pain wise. It just shows up out of nowhere with a week to go on my pill. :/

I've been working out a lot lately and figured that was why the first time, but two months now?

When I lost my job a couple of years ago, and by extension my insurance, my gyno gave me a bunch of sample packs of the generic freebie birth control 'Loestrin' which is supposed to be better because it uses less hormones, but the result was that I bled in some form for an entire month straight and had periodic terrible cramps. Maybe you're reacting similarly? Maybe it's time for a brand switch.

*___* gee i wish i can do anything remotely close to that. i cant even braid my hair properly. the braid will always come out lopsided and stupid looking sigh

:<

It's hard to braid straight, but just takes a little practice. For the up do, you just make a centered ponytail and go wild with twisting and pinning. I had no design in mind except swirls, but that's the way it turned out. :D

The power of BOBBY PINS.

Seems I missed some earlier hair shots, so...

My hair is very long. Down to my butt, and has been for quite some time. Yet despite that, I don't think I really have useful advice. It was medium/long (down to the middle of my back, I guess) as a teenager, and my mother used to trim the ends, but when she passed away 15 years ago, I just stopped cutting it for good. Not out of symbolism or anything, just plain laziness. I just let it grow naturally, and it's been at this stable length for probably over a decade now.

I just use regular shampoo + conditioner (not the 2 in 1) and brush fairly regularly. I'll usually spend a few minutes brushing it properly, until it's as nice and smooth as it gets, and freshen up every now and then during the day.

I wash it rather rarely, once every 3 days or so, sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on the condition. I don't mind having slightly greasy hair, but too greasy is gross of course, so if I exercise and sweat a lot I won't skip a day just because, I'll just wash, obviously. I also never, ever use hairdryers. Too lazy. I just sponge it off with a towel for a bit, brush it, towel again, brush it again, then let it dry. I used to occasionally use dryers in the winter, since going outside with wet hair in -25C in Canada is a pain, but I found that annoying. Nowadays I just try to "time" my hairwashing when I won't have to go outside in the winter, heh.

For the longest time I didn't even use conditioner, but I got sick of spending sometimes 10+ minutes untangling knots and breaking hairbrushes handles (I used to break one every year for a while xD), and a friend urged me to use conditioner, and it did make a difference, haven't broken a brush since and it's much easier to maintain, even if it takes longer under the shower. ^^

I should probably note that my hair is very straight, not a single curl whatsoever. It's also very "thin", I don't think I'd keep it that long if it were thick. I do have a lot of split ends because of never trimming, but it appears most people don't notice (or those split ends are not that bad after all) because I routinely get complimented on how good my hair looks. They might just be wowed by the length to notice the rest though. xD

Edit: I guess I wouldn't be out of line in posting a pic? I don't want to show off or anything, I usually never post pics of myself (too paranoid), but since we're on the topic of hair... :p I like this one:

Taken in Ephesus, Turkey, 2011. Yes, the ancient city is filled with cats and kittens all over, most of them aren't shy from tourists either and just purr in the sun. Cat lovers should visit Turkey, they're everywhere, and adorable.

And I thought my hair was long. *_* Yours is crazy long and looks really sleek. I think I blow-dry mine too much to achieve that even, no broken ends in the back yet. Very nice. Jealous. :)

I dont like chemical treatments, plus I'm pretty happy with my hair :)
its now a warm black and a little longer, but thats just cause I haven't cut it yet.
320864_10100503595887104_776262173_n.jpg

I have to assume I was drunk when making this face.

You always have the best cuts, Arsenic. ^_^

I used to have shoulder length hair but I grew it out a bit so it's a lot longer now.

I haven't really taken many pictures lately so the last one I took all dressed up to go out was this:

I think my face looks weird here but oh well. I'm the one in the white dress.

Also played at my works annual baseball tournament and my store won. I also got a baseball to the ankle which now looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/caEbRwK.jpg

Still looks like that and it's been almost 4 days. :(

Looks good. Do you curl it or is that the norm (I remember a diff pic of you and it looked wavy there too, I think)? If you keep growing it, you'll soon be able to do a Tymoshenko! :D

10462906_10152602725293783_8505065989162590643_n.jpg

(hurr durr)

I've burned it many times, had to cut it many times and I've learned how to deal with it quite well, if I can say so myself. My natural hair colour is quite dark brown, I am currently 3 shades lighter than my original hair and it's in great form - super fluffy, soft and I barely need to brush it, though I like doing so.

Here's some of the things I've learned in my journey:
1. brushing your hair while wet is a torture to your hair and will ruin it.
2. morrocan oil is the best shit ever.
3. trimming/taking the ends off every 3 months is essential, not just for growth but for health.
4. LUSH's repair shampoo is expensive, but it's a miracle for damaged hair.
5. sleeping with tied hair for heat-free curls is just as bad as using heat.

I hope this is useful. :D

Veeelcome, and cool hair. I tried dying mine once, but the result looked the same as the original, so I couldn't be bothered anymore. I also like the sound of this morrocan oil thing…

Wazzy

Banned
Everyone in here is so pretty! Y'all have the best hair.

wazzi, sorry for late reply ;__; i should check this thread more often ;__;

i saw you at the FIFA thread hahaha. poor wazzi was opposite of me on the french side

(that thread was fun) XD;;;

OMG. really??? an original character returing??? that's super awesome! WOW <3 im so excite now :> thanks for spreading the rumour / hype / FF LUV, yoooo
Don't worry about it!

Girllllllll the wounds are still fresh. ; ; My team being out hurts. It's definitely fun posting in there, though.

No problem! I need someone else to be as hyped as me. :D I'm so excited for the trailer whenever that get's released. I'm keeping an eye out for any news regarding it.

Looks good. Do you curl it or is that the norm (I remember a diff pic of you and it looked wavy there too, I think)? If you keep growing it, you'll soon be able to do a Tymoshenko! :D

Thanks! Your hair is looking fab too. :D

I curl and my hair is naturally wavy. I think the pictures you saw were the one I used to have as my FB profile picture and the other with straight hair being RPJ avatar.

And goddammnnnnn that braid is cray! I totally want to try it. I will fail and it will be glorious.

heads up I might be buying suikoden 2 this week

I never had good luck with any of the hormonal BC I've ever gone on. I tried 3-4 different pills in addition to the Nuva ring and each experience was worse than the last. Goodbye sex drive, hello bleeding pretty much every day for a month like what H.Pro said. I've pretty much given up trying to find one that works for me because I couldn't afford the repeat visits to my campus doctors office. I wish my gyn would have given me a bunch of samples like h.pros' did. My ex boyfriend and I were talking about my getting an IUD but we broke up before I actually went through with it. Oh well. I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway.

Don't worry about it!

Girllllllll the wounds are still fresh. ; ; My team being out hurts. It's definitely fun posting in there, though.

No problem! I need someone else to be as hyped as me. :D I'm so excited for the trailer whenever that get's released. I'm keeping an eye out for any news regarding it.

I love all the FF but the first and the fifth ones are very fun, i think :D

poor wazzi ;__; the french went out with a whimper like that ;__; i still think we will have brazil v argentina final, but im rooting for schlaaaaand deep inside.... :3

wazzi, oooh sui2!!! i played that A LONG TIME AGO. hope you will enjoy <3

hpro. thanks for the tips for braiding!!! i will tryyyy (and fail! spectacularly \o/!!)

Don't worry about it!

Thanks! Your hair is looking fab too. :D

I curl and my hair is naturally wavy. I think the pictures you saw were the one I used to have as my FB profile picture and the other with straight hair being RPJ avatar.

And goddammnnnnn that braid is cray! I totally want to try it. I will fail and it will be glorious.

Yeah, think that was it. Really love that wavy look. Do you plan on growing it out much longer? I tried with mine last night, but I think the length/fine-ness just pulls curls right out. I even cut off three inches to lighten it. Starting to think the Arsenic or Pau route is the way to go. Both look really good and must feel like a dream short.

CNW8am0.jpg

Last night's attempt (that lasted a heartbeat). I need Cheska's curler or a shit ton of hair spray. Unless anyone has any other suggestions for keeping a curl in longer hair?

And, you must try the Tymoshenko! Your hair looks like you'd get a much thicker braid than I can. It's relatively simple too. You just need length, really (and a couple of pins).

bdO8AaJ.jpg

And for your best of best news&#8230;
DO EEEEET! You must! For Flik and Viktor! :D

poor wazzi ;__; the french went out with a whimper like that ;__; i still think we will have brazil v argentina final, but im rooting for schlaaaaand deep inside.... :3

hpro. thanks for the tips for braiding!!! i will tryyyy (and fail! spectacularly \o/!!)

Nuuooooo! Your hair will be glorious! Glorious, I say!

Have you ever tried the no shampoo thing? I know GAF had a thread on it before, but I saw an article about it recently on my FB and the girl who tried it for her site has kept doing it because she likes it so much. She said it really seemed to cut back on the grease/other issues. Maybe worth a look?

I might look into it, thanks! I haven't heard much about it but I think I have a friend who uses it (I'm not sure, I don't pay attention to her hair techniques) so I might end up asking her.

It's funny, because my mother has really really curly hair. People always ask if we're related. Interesting how genes work.

Amalthea

Banned
@Amalthea, wow *___* beautiful tone i love your blonde, amalthea. you are so lovely!

amg all of you are very pretty <3333333

(sorry for the long reply)

Awww, that's sweet. Thanks!

Is it naturally wavy like that at the bottom? That's kind of the ideal. Looks really nice.

Yes it is. As long as I let it air-dry tough.

And the Tymoshenko is something I always wanted to pull off too but it alwas becomes the drunken Tymoshenko.

Wazzy

Banned

I totally agree! 6th is my favourite followed by 5.

I don't even know who I'm rooting for now. I'll probs stick with Netherlands. They're orange. Orange is cool.

I've heard great things so I'm pretty stoked to get it!
Yeah, think that was it. Really love that wavy look. Do you plan on growing it out much longer? I tried with mine last night, but I think the length/fine-ness just pulls curls right out. I even cut off three inches to lighten it. Starting to think the Arsenic or Pau route is the way to go. Both look really good and must feel like a dream short.

CNW8am0.jpg

Last night's attempt (that lasted a heartbeat). I need Cheska's curler or a shit ton of hair spray. Unless anyone has any other suggestions for keeping a curl in longer hair?

And, you must try the Tymoshenko! Your hair looks like you'd get a much thicker braid than I can. It's relatively simple too. You just need length, really (and a couple of pins).

bdO8AaJ.jpg

And for your best of best news…
DO EEEEET! You must! For Flik and Viktor! :D

I've actually been working on getting it longer for awhile now though I do plan to get a small trim soon just to keep it healthy. I love doing curls so I gotta keep it decently long.

Also your hair looks great in both pictures! I'm really digging the braid. I've gotta try it out soon. As for cutting it short, I say do whatever you feel would be more comfortable for you. I'm sure you'll rock short hair just as well as you do long.

Of course girl! Don't forget Humphrey too. ;D

Top Bottom