• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I totally agree! 6th is my favourite followed by 5.

I don't even know who I'm rooting for now. I'll probs stick with Netherlands. They're orange. Orange is cool.

I've heard great things so I'm pretty stoked to get it!

OH i meant 1st and 6th! 5th was fun, but 6th is my second fav after the first one. HOORAY US :>

Oranje is fun :D if the dice falls right, we can be seeing Oranje at the finals! :D

HPRO, it is almost unfair how pretty your hair is ;__; I want to steal it ;___;

Kisaya

My hair is a big mess. I'm in the process of growing it out again after chopping it all off a year ago. I tried the short hair look, and as much as I love it short I can't pull off the look at all. My hair is too curly and I'm just awful at maintaining it, so I end up with a ridiculous 'fro.

The good is that my hair is the healthiest its been in years. Will be interesting how it'll look once it's long again.

obligatory (recentish) pic i guess:

10369370_416608631812768_1880037272_n.jpg

another edit: i really want to dye it purple once it's long...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hi everyone... Just wondering, has anybody here got any tattoos? I'm thinking of getting one on my wrist and wondered if anyone had seen any that they liked, or what it was like having one done....?

Koriandrr

Can I tell you how utterly jealous I am of you? I've got about that color naturally, but could never even get close to having that kind of style. God I hate having curly hair so much. *cries*

and I'd give anything to have natural red hair, be it curly or not :D
I think curls can look totally amazing. Especially for up-do. I was even considering perming my hair once. Then I read up on how bad it is for your hair.

@H.Protagonist and YesNOnoNOYes - thanks for the warm welcome <3
First time dying can be quite tricky, as dying itself is a bit confusing. If you have a naturally darker hair, like mine, almost none of the dyes sold in drug stores will have any effect on you. I started buying professional dyes and developers off Ebay, because they're more gentle to the hair and have way better effect. Then over time I learned about developers, how to mix them and how to make your hair lighter in the least-damaging way possible. You just gotta put some effort and read up on it, it's not quite as simple as shampoo :)

Yeah, think that was it. Really love that wavy look. Do you plan on growing it out much longer? I tried with mine last night, but I think the length/fine-ness just pulls curls right out. I even cut off three inches to lighten it. Starting to think the Arsenic or Pau route is the way to go. Both look really good and must feel like a dream short.

CNW8am0.jpg

Last night's attempt (that lasted a heartbeat). I need Cheska's curler or a shit ton of hair spray. Unless anyone has any other suggestions for keeping a curl in longer hair?

And, you must try the Tymoshenko! Your hair looks like you'd get a much thicker braid than I can. It's relatively simple too. You just need length, really (and a couple of pins).

bdO8AaJ.jpg

And for your best of best news…
DO EEEEET! You must! For Flik and Viktor! :D

Nuuooooo! Your hair will be glorious! Glorious, I say!

My hair is a big mess. I'm in the process of growing it out again after chopping it all off a year ago. I tried the short hair look, and as much as I love it short I can't pull off the look at all. My hair is too curly and I'm just awful at maintaining it, so I end up with a ridiculous 'fro.

The good is that my hair is the healthiest its been in years. Will be interesting how it'll look once it's long again.

amazed-face.png

Cheska

Omg I love your hair! It's so fabulous :D

Hi everyone... Just wondering, has anybody here got any tattoos? I'm thinking of getting one on my wrist and wondered if anyone had seen any that they liked, or what it was like having one done....?

As someone with three tattoos (behind my ear, pelvis and wrist), I say go for it! None of them were extremely painful, but then again they're not super intricate either. I have paw prints with initials behind my ear, a butterfly on my pelvis and a wolf on my wrist, and without a doubt the one on my wrist is my favorite.

I work in the veterinary field, so I'm always getting questions and complements on it too, nice bonus ;)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I know the pains of curly hair... It used to be straight until I was like 13 or 14, too...

I think the biggest problem I have is retaining moisture in my hair, it ends up really dry and frizzy. Plus the longer my hair is, the more knotted it gets, and the more hair I seem to lose. :(

edit: also, what is this about not combing your hair if its wet? I can't comb my hair at all if it isn't. If I do, it just turns into a frizzy mess.

oh my god, so beautiful!!!! <3<3<3<3 <3 <3

I don't have any, but I have quite a few friends who have them. I hear your wrist is pretty painful because it's so sensitive, but I don't know firsthand. Same with your sides / ribcage area.

woops, totally didn't see this
thanks, transhuman :D so yeah obviously I got my wrists tattooed. the pain wasn't that bad, at least I don't recall it hurting that much. if you have a nice idea I'd say go for it! :)
mine was inspired by bioshock btw
bioshockchains.jpg

edit: better picture with both wrists
1383456_52407458101687nkvt.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So much amazingness going on in this thread - it's so good to see it more active than it has been!

As someone with three tattoos (behind my ear, pelvis and wrist), I say go for it! None of them were extremely painful, but then again they're not super intricate either. I have paw prints with initials behind my ear, a butterfly on my pelvis and a wolf on my wrist, and without a doubt the one on my wrist is my favorite.

I work in the veterinary field, so I'm always getting questions and complements on it too, nice bonus ;)

Thanks! Yes, I think we're going to keep them simple (both me and partner are going at the same time and hopefully going to get a few piercings too (she might not but I def will)).

PS Can I have your job pls? I'll swap you!

Man, I know the pains of curly hair... It used to be straight until I was like 13 or 14, too...

I think the biggest problem I have is retaining moisture in my hair, it ends up really dry and frizzy. Plus the longer my hair is, the more knotted it gets, and the more hair I seem to lose. :(

edit: also, what is this about not combing your hair if its wet? I can't comb my hair at all if it isn't. If I do, it just turns into a frizzy mess.

I'm the same - I have thick curly hair and if I comb it when dry it just absolutely shreds it and makes it into a really uggy afro. I use a really, really wide tooth wooden comb though and always use my fingers first so if there are any knots I've taken them out as gently as poss.

I don't have any, but I have quite a few friends who have them. I hear your wrist is pretty painful because it's so sensitive, but I don't know firsthand. Same with your sides / ribcage area.

Thanks...I'm girding my loins in anticipation, hopefully because it's small it shoudn't take too long. Hopefully.

woops, totally didn't see this
thanks, transhuman :D so yeah obviously I got my wrists tattooed. the pain wasn't that bad, at least I don't recall it hurting that much. if you have a nice idea I'd say go for it! :)
mine was inspired by bioshock btw
bioshockchains.jpg

edit: better picture with both wrists
1383456_52407458101687nkvt.jpg

Amazing, seriously. We're going to look through some ideas tonight and email them over to the studio. At the moment I'm thinking something really small on my inside left wrist, all solid black, maybe just a tiny swallow or heart. My partner's going to get a fish I think, just need to be careful it's non-religious!

Ace! What of?

So...we chose.

I am getting...

d5f6dcfe3406045c92795c6260239d2f.jpg

And my fiancée a bit like this but no writing and small and on her wrist...

5e242a89de5d6ad9c9d4553a3e340cdc.jpg

and two more ear piercings. Yay!
okay with this size you don't need to be afraid. not saying if won't hurt at all but it will be very manageable + fairly quick :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I should have red hair -- I have the redhead's gene -- but I don't. :( I don't tan and burn very easily. And I had a lot of freckles on my face as a child, though they somehow migrated to my arms (?! it happened to my mother too lol) when growing up.

I have all the disadvantages of being a ginger, and not the glorious red hair to show for it. Boooo

Mistel

Banned
I'd love natural red hair too but I don't mind being brunette naturally. I'd hate to know how long it would take to find a hair dye that doesn't bring up my skin.

As for tattoos I'll probably get a few on my torso something floral maybe not too sure really.

Just a phrase :). Those look great!

Also, GirlGAF, I just split with my partner earlier today. I feel shitty. He was my best friend for the past three years. Just want to vent, because I'm not sure how to tell anyone right now. I'm at work and I have to be professional for 4 more hours, and all I want to do is to go home right now and cry my eyes out. :(
Omg I'm so sorry :( if you want someone to vent with, ill pm you my skype name and we can chat and you can vent :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Just a phrase :). Those look great!

Also, GirlGAF, I just split with my partner earlier today. I feel shitty. He was my best friend for the past three years. Just want to vent, because I'm not sure how to tell anyone right now. I'm at work and I have to be professional for 4 more hours, and all I want to do is to go home right now and cry my eyes out. :(

:'( internet hug. here if you need to talk.

Kisaya

Your hair is so cute Kisaya. Why not give it some purple highlights already as long as it's still short? :]

I thought about doing so but I don't know ~_~ I want to the next time I get a trim since I have no idea how to go about it because I've never dyed my hair before plus I don't trust doing it myself >.<

That's my biggest issue too. It doesn't help that my hair is thin as well, so I end up looking like I have very unhealthy hair :<

Wazzy

Banned
Kisaya your hair is gorgeous! I'm jelly.

Shit sorry to hear that. :(

If you need to talk about it we're all here to listen.

aww bunni :< *hugs*
that's rough. please vent away if you need to! we are all ears!

Edit: Oh, glad you felt better :) vacation plan for me: Japan! In two weeks' time :) Can't wait~

GarnetDust

I know what you mean, when you love someone very much and your heart rips from your chest, it's difficult to patch it up, especially in a professional environment. Hope for the best for you and if you ever need to vent, I am perfectly fine with that, we are here to listen to you!

backslashbunny said:
Now that it's summer, any of y'all have awesome vacation plans?

As for vacation, I have nothing planned just yet. Not a very exciting answer, but I've been so busy with work! Hopefully soon I will have some sort of plans thought out. c:

Also, I'm new to the thread, so I just wanted to say hello to everyone!

Anastasia

I have a few tattoo ideas in mind. One specific idea near my hipbone and then a few on my arms.

I'm sorry :-( I'm here as well if you need someone to talk/vent to. *hugs*

Now that it's summer, any of y'all have awesome vacation plans?

My awesome vacation plan is to be really lazy until I have to go back to school. Actually, I probably couldn't go anywhere anyway since I'm going to be doing laser hair removal treatments and I kind of will be forced to be a vampire when that happens.

Welcome!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hi and welcome! ^^

So sorry to hear that. *hugs* Vent away, that's what this thread is for!

Cheska

So sorry you're having to go through that :( Mirroring what everyone already said, but seriously, everyone is here for you *hug*

Leeness

When I lost my job a couple of years ago, and by extension my insurance, my gyno gave me a bunch of sample packs of the generic freebie birth control 'Loestrin' which is supposed to be better because it uses less hormones, but the result was that I bled in some form for an entire month straight and had periodic terrible cramps. Maybe you're reacting similarly? Maybe it's time for a brand switch.

Arg, I hated that when I started on mine. I don't know! I still have like six months on my prescription. I'll talk go my doctor about it next time I go in for the prescription though. Thank you for the thoughts :)

I never had good luck with any of the hormonal BC I've ever gone on. I tried 3-4 different pills in addition to the Nuva ring and each experience was worse than the last. Goodbye sex drive, hello bleeding pretty much every day for a month like what H.Pro said. I've pretty much given up trying to find one that works for me because I couldn't afford the repeat visits to my campus doctors office. I wish my gyn would have given me a bunch of samples like h.pros' did. My ex boyfriend and I were talking about my getting an IUD but we broke up before I actually went through with it. Oh well. I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway.

Bummer :( they can help with period when it regulates. I guess sometimes they get wonky. Hopefully mine will even out. :(

Backslashbunny, I'm sorry about your break up :( that sucks. Give me a shout if you ever need to talk, you're a cool lady! :)

On talk of tattoos, I have two. One on my back and one on my wrist (which has been done twice, once when I was 18, and again as a cover up a year ago. I still need to go in again sometime and finish up the cover up).

mollipen

I think curls can look totally amazing. Especially for up-do. I was even considering perming my hair once. Then I read up on how bad it is for your hair.

Here's an example of my hair. If I keep it this short, it isn't the worst thing in the world. As soon as it starts getting long, though, it's just a huge mess. (At least I think so.)

I'd love nothing more than to just be able to take half of the curl out. That's my dream. *laughs* I just want to have longer hair without having to feel like I'm doing nothing but fighting it. I've looked into a few of the various straightening methods, which would help reduce the curl some, but the cost for my hair mixed with how quickly the curl would come back just don't make them worth considering for me. (At least, the ones I've asked about.)

You want curls, I want to get rid of them! *heh* Maybe, at some point, I'll just give up and live a life of short hair.

hair-example.jpg

Ooh, Japan! Nice. Anything planned in particular?

(Also, I think we all want pictures. haha)

Yeah! Will rent a car and visit a volcano in Hokkaido~ then visit the Shikotsu Lake, and maybe the Moss Canyon....

:>

I've never driven in Japan before though I've visited often, so I'm excited! I hope I wont crash~ lol

(pictures of japan trip? or of me? i take bad picz ;__;)

@GarnetDust, hiiii! Welcome :D

Sevarus

Pfft, I've been going gray since middle school. Been dying it ever since I graduated college.

Yup, I know that feel. I've had them popping up since 14, but it wasn't until about 20-21 that they started showing up everywhere. Not just at my temples, but all throughout my hair. I'm too young to be a silver fox, so I just dye it.

Oh my god Kisaya you're gorgeous. I think this is the first time seeing you without your hijab (sp?).

Top Bottom