• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Mono

Have any of you girls ever waxed your legs? I've always wanted to try but I'm too much of a
chicken-
wuss! How long is it supposed to last!

My mum did that lazer hair removal thing on her airpits and said it hurt really bad but now she doesn't have to shave!

Man I can't believe I'm about to get my sub button on twitch and I didn't have to show boobs! :D took more than 7 months though but it's okay, I'm sooooooooooo excited!! :D

EDIT: Fuck me sideways, that thread man! Just got caught up with it, the fuck is wrong with some people?

Congratulations; that's exciting!! \o/

Have any of you girls ever waxed your legs? I've always wanted to try but I'm too much of a
chicken-

My mum did that lazer hair removal thing on her airpits and said it hurt really bad but now she doesn't have to shave!

Congratulations; that's exciting!! o/

I haven't tried it but I don't think I will. Since the hair on my leg is very faint, waxing would probably just hurt my actual skin more than take off the hair so I'd rather shave. Waxing my pits and va-jay jay? Yup, I would do it. Definitely my pits to see how it goes.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
You know how when you shave, your hair grows back like harder? If you wax, does it fix that?

Also, threading is the goddamn worst. I've only tried it once when I was 12, but never again. Shit made me cry.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Neat! I miss how soft my hair used to feel, so I guess I'll try that sometime. And yeah, I know the hair doesn't actually get thicker. It just feels more scratchy because of what Zoe said.

Also, here's a question for you guys: how do you feel about the women streaming on Twitch that do squats or jumping jacks or stuff for subscribers? I ask because of this topic. I dunno, I think it's pretty gross that a girl apparently can't wear a low cut shirt or heavy makeup without people claiming she's doing it for views/subscribers, but I also think it's sad that there are girls who deliberately make themselves a target for sexualization for the money it gets them...

Wazzy

Banned
The ignore feature is pretty great. I don't actually use it but I do get tempted to sometimes.
chicken-

Dropping Seifer references?

didwejustbecomebestfriends?yup.gif.

I haven't waxed my legs but I heard it's not that bad.

Anastasia

Going to have to say, I would be all for this idea.

There's a really good place nearby me that does laser. I'd eventually like to just have my whole body zapped.

Also, here's a question for you guys: how do you feel about the women streaming on Twitch that do squats or jumping jacks or stuff for subscribers? I ask because of this topic. I dunno, I think it's pretty gross that a girl apparently can't wear a low cut shirt or heavy makeup without people claiming she's doing it for views/subscribers, but I also think it's sad that there are girls who deliberately make themselves a target for sexualization for the money it gets them...

I think as long as it's their choice and they aren't being forced to do it, they enjoy it, and no one is getting harmed, then I don't see a problem. There are plenty of people who do cam shows for example and make a lot of money out of it, and I honestly just see it as a very clever way to make money. With that said, some people have to resort to doing that because they either don't have many choices or they feel like they don't, and I find that kind of situation sad. But otherwise I don't see a problem with it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see anything with willingly sexualizing yourself for money, as long as you're aware that it may contribute to that entire gross culture of OMIGOD U R JUST AN ATTENTION WHORE.

(On another note, is anyone here eternally grateful that we have an ignore feature? So many people on my ignore list. I love it.)
I'm just kind of imagining that some of the more unscrupulous types feel like they have power over her, because they can make her "debase" herself for money. I guess what I have issue with is the power inequality there. It feels a little uncomfortable to me because it's so reductionist. I dunno.

I've never used my ignore list. I've been tempted to sometimes though. Hopefully I'm not on too many others'.

Zoe

I'm just kind of imagining that some of the more unscrupulous types feel like they have power over her, because they can make her "debase" herself for money. I guess what I have issue with is the power inequality there. It feels a little uncomfortable to me because it's so reductionist. I dunno.

Seems more like the other way around to me.

Neat! I miss how soft my hair used to feel, so I guess I'll try that sometime. And yeah, I know the hair doesn't actually get thicker. It just feels more scratchy because of what Zoe said.

Why do you think it's sad? Who gives a fuck.

I dont really mind any person who does whatever on stream ... except if it involves harming or scamming* others. Other than that, no one is making me watch things I don't want to watch so it's all cool.

*the scamming bit is more to do with my gripe about starcraft scammers who stream matches that are not really theirs. like the cam is on them, but the one playing it is not them.

Ugh.

Edit: Apparently it's an optical illusion. :/ At first glance I thought it was just straight-up shaming.

I've been really broke for a really long time, and when I've got the equipment, I might go into doing some sex work on stream with my partner. I'm not sure if my tomboy-looking self will be able to turn a profit, but I certainly hope there's a niche out there.

Mono

You girls are convincing me to try waxing!! :X I haven't shaved in like three months so I'll probably be mad-smooth if I wax my legs soon, sweet!

Dropping Seifer references?

didwejustbecomebestfriends?yup.gif.

I haven't waxed my legs but I heard it's not that bad.

I'm replaying FFVIII right now and the Seiferisms are getting to me!

besties.wav

Ugh.

Edit: Apparently it's an optical illusion. :/ At first glance I thought it was just straight-up shaming.

Oh, wow, I did not catch that either! I though this was going to that thread x2. :X

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never get why people use the ignore user function really. Explaining to people why they're wrong works some of the time, and the rest of the time it's fun to watch the train wreck that is their thoughts.

Mono

You guys should definitely check out the Blackwell series if you haven't played those games already! I just finished the first four of them twice (there are five of them, I think); the second time through each becasue the developer Dave Gilbert is really awesome and did a commentary mode for each of the games. Really good commentary if you're interested in voice acting / development / adventure games!

The Blackwell games are point-and-click adventure games about a socially awkward girl who runs around New York City basically getting rid of ghosts with her ghost buddy. Pretty fun!!

You guys should definitely check out the Blackwell series if you haven't played those games already! I just finished the first four of them twice (there are five of them, I think); the second time through each becasue the developer Dave Gilbert is really awesome and did a commentary mode for each of the games. Really good commentary if you're interested in voice acting / development / adventure games!

The Blackwell games are point-and-click adventure games about a socially awkward girl who runs around New York City basically getting rid of ghosts with her ghost buddy. Pretty fun!!

ooooooh I love adventure games <3<3<3

I'm currently playing Gabriel knight 1, cuz missed out on it a long time ago :) will check this Blackwell title!

thanks for the rec :D

I picked this up during the summer sale but haven't played it yet :/

Anastasia

I don't use the ignore function, but then I also usually don't have run-ins with anyone I have issues with. And if I do see that person I'll just gloss over their post.

So I guess in that sense I use my own ignore function. :p

I'll never get why people use the ignore user function really. Explaining to people why they're wrong works some of the time, and the rest of the time it's fun to watch the train wreck that is their thoughts.

Sometimes you see posters all the time, where explaining does nothing, and they're not even entertaining when it comes to doubling down.

Mono

Ooh that does sound interesting. I'm currently going through Divinity, but this might be fun.

Is it scary? I really don't like scary games :/.

Not at all! It's pretty funny, actually. It's more of a detective game; you have to find out about ghosts' lives in order to convinvce them that they're dead so that you can help their spirits move on.

Not at all! It's pretty funny, actually. It's more of a detective game; you have to find out about ghosts' lives in order to convinvce them that they're dead so that you can help their spirits move on.

I've been looking for an excuse to install the Blackwell Bundle <3

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I see those kind of ads all the time. I actually wonder what those kind of games are like, but there's no way I'm clicking!

P.S. If anybody else is in the Destiny Beta please feel free to send me a PSN request - my name is the same as my name here. Don't have to do voice chat (but can do if you want, although I will be v. sleeeeeepy).

enoki

I see those kind of ads all the time. I actually wonder what those kind of games are like, but there's no way I'm clicking!

P.S. If anybody else is in the Destiny Beta please feel free to send me a PSN request - my name is the same as my name here. Don't have to do voice chat (but can do if you want, although I will be v. sleeeeeepy).

The ads themselves are common and have been around for a long time, but it's the first time I've seen one on GAF. Most of them are shoddy MMOs with nothing to offer, which is why they use sexualized ads for clicks. There's nothing wrong with that, in and of itself, but "MEN ONLY" is a terrible image to display to potential members.

We can acknowledge there's a divide, but why propogate it, too?

The ads themselves are common and have been around for a long time, but it's the first time I've seen one on GAF. Most of them are shoddy MMOs with nothing to offer, which is why they use sexualized ads for clicks. There's nothing wrong with that, in and of itself, but "MEN ONLY" is a terrible image to display to potential members.

I agree, it's tacky as hell.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Ah, sorry. I mustn't have read properly. I didn't know they were popping up here too.

Without being judgemental, it must be a fairly downbeat community on those games, no? Or am I being nasty. I'm not sure.

Oh, how things change over time. ;)

I used to be a lot more active on gaming side too. Too much idiocy to deal with, especially when you try to explain game development stuff and everyone's too busy explaining why they're the real experts or busy pushing whatever argument upholds their platform war drivel.

Sure, I'll sit here and listen to you tell me how super advanced your real-time graphicz are that are so on par with high-end CG. I have no direct experience involving cutting edge industry/academia graphics or anything. :/

Come for the Gaming, stay for OT. Isn't that the progression? ;) Honestly, it's just too hard to predict which way threads'll go. I don't like getting into shit-slinging matches or getting dog piled. I'll just stick to the Fishing Resort type threads. \[-_-]/

I have noticed that when I do pop over to Gaming, I usually see you in the same threads. Always nice to have a familiar (and industry fellow) face to help clear up stuff over there.

when will I ever learn not to cut my own hair. :|

Shooooooooow usssssssss. I cut my bangs once. The result is about what you'd expect.

I hate to make this my first post in GirlGAF, but I've gotten pretty frustrated with this ad over the last few days:

Can a request be made to take it out of rotation?

I'm not ordinarily bothered by the perceived gender divide in gaming, but I don't think that this is the sort of advertisment that admins would want to represent the site with.
"Warning: MEN ONLY" was always a pretty awful way to get clicks for your game.

I guess because I tend to pop in on women-related threads more than other things I always get the dating ads. If I ever want to seek out a hot young Asian ladies, I know where to go. :p

Shooooooooow usssssssss. I cut my bangs once. The result is about what you'd expect.

only for your amusement. I did the same btw, referring to the bangs -.-

this is after my desperate attempt of styling them (but they're still weird+fringy as hell):
hairvak7y.png

but actually I woke up to this (and it looks much worse in RL):
hair3txjvz.png

hair24wj3u.png

2760-5456.gif

Top Bottom