• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Mono

Don't make me sing the Train Song.

Nice choices! My three are Squall, Rinoa and Seifer.

I also adore Raijin because he is sexy. <3

Dat ending

8RCHOwC.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
*posts post about despising JRPGs*

*comes back to thread to see discussion about JRPGs in a non - "I hate JRPGs" kind of way*

homershake.gif

Man, that shaving thread... I've been trying to catch up, but I'm only just past page 30 now. You guys must have the patience of saints. Kudos to ishi, Erin, Dragonz, Wazzy, Dev, Kark, and everyone else tearing it up in there.

On the GoT stuff, love the show, but Morrigan is on the money with the bad changes. That rape scene... :(

Also,
FF8 still sucks, Wazzy! :D

And slightly off topic...

But aside from the usual suspects in those threads, the really annoying part was having the XSEED PR/Marketing guy in the thread (as he has done in other threads about their recent games), pulling a Baghdad Bob routine about how people just "don't get it", that these games often have really amazing stories if you look past the T&A, and people unfortunately don't realize the game is not just about stripping girls to defeat them. "If only the game's marketing could accurately reflect that", says the game's marketing person.

I can't really comment on the discussion in that thread itself, but Tom isn't PR or Marketing. Both he and I had that tag because of our registration emails. Tom is a translator/editor and has very little to do with the marketing side of things. His tag has since been amended because of the confusion that causes. Just wanted to clear that up.

Wazzy

Banned
Urge to kill... rising...
Train, Train take us away, take us away, far away. To the future we will go...
Man, that shaving thread... I've been trying to catch up, but I'm only just past page 30 now. You guys must have the patience of saints. Kudos to ishi, Erin, Dragonz, Wazzy, Dev, Kark, and everyone else tearing it up in there.

On the GoT stuff, love the show, but Morrigan is on the money with the bad changes. That rape scene... :(

Also,
FF8 still sucks, Wazzy! :D

And slightly off topic...

I can't really comment on the discussion in that thread itself, but Tom isn't PR or Marketing. Both he and I had that tag because of our registration emails. Tom is a translator/editor and has very little to do with the marketing side of things. His tag has since been amended because of the confusion that causes. Just wanted to clear that up.
If I had more time I would be more involved in that thread but yeah everyone's been working hard in there to help show posters why their mentality is harmful.

That's not what your Skype says *moonface*

Hm? Which thread is this? The child sexual assault game thread that was locked?

Edit: wait I'm dumb I didn't see the quote. Or I'm just dumb.

Train, Train take us away, take us away, far away. To the future we will go...

If I had more time I would be more involved in that thread but yeah everyone's been working hard in there to help show posters why their mentality is harmful.

That's not what your Skype says *moonface*

Hm? Which thread is this? The child sexual assault game thread that was locked?

Edit: wait I'm dumb I didn't see the quote. Or I'm just dumb.

Yeah. It's been both a painful and pleasant read (thanks to everyone's nicely laid out arguments and Opiate/Besada's bombs).

For the thread, could be the Criminal Girls thread, the banned game discussion thread, SKV, or the Akiba's Trip one. There have been a couple of late. :p

Karkador

Banned

Oh, thanks for clearing that up! I understand if you generally avoid XSEED-related threads for professional reasons.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah. It's been both a painful and pleasant read (thanks to everyone's nicely laid out arguments and Opiate/Besada's bombs).

For the thread, could be the Criminal Girls thread, the banned game discussion thread, SKV, or the Akiba's Trip one. There have been a couple of late. :p
Oh yeah I think the one I saw him in a lot was Criminal Girls. I was trying to bleach the game from my mind, heh.

Urge to kill.... rising... rising...

It is getting increasingly harder to keep liking you. :p

So, to feel better, I'm gonna post hot guys again:
Where it leads no one knows

Okay, okay. I'll post an FF VI composition I really like to make you happy.

Final Fantasy VI

Mono

/mini rant

So, I was elected president of a very large gaming club at uni, and I am also president of a competitive fighting game club.

New members and people who don't know who I am are very publically outraged and saying nasty things like that I slept with the former president to get such a position, because there's no way I'm actually a gamer. Thankfully, people who know me are lashing back with the "WTF, man?"s!

From just being in the clubs years prior (espeically with the fighting game blokes), people wanted me to prove to them that I was a gamer.

I did not mean to cause this drama, omg.
I HATE DRAMA;;

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You can't fool me with your obfuscated links, wenches!

This is the man who taught me mancrushes could be a thing, how did you know
Because Asano-san is that awesome. <3

New members and people who don't know who I am are very publically outraged and saying nasty things like that I slept with the former president to get such a position, because there's no way I'm actually a gamer.
Of course not. You're a girl. Duh. /s

Don't blame yourself! Clearly not your fault. Fuck these people.

Yakkue

/mini rant

So, I was elected president of a very large gaming club at uni, and I am also president of a competitive fighting game club.

New members and people who don't know who I am are very publically outraged and saying nasty things like that I slept with the former president to get such a position, because there's no way I'm actually a gamer. Thankfully, people who know me are lashing back with the "WTF, man?"s!

From just being in the clubs years prior (espeically with the fighting game blokes), people wanted me to prove to them that I was a gamer.

I HATE DRAMA;;

wtf, that's horrible! You don't need to "prove" yourself to these people.

Wazzy

Banned
/mini rant

I HATE DRAMA;;
What the actual hell?

Screw those assholes. Stories like this make me want to go show this crap to the idiots over on gaming side that dismiss sexism in the community. It's still such a common attitude to question women if they're "true" gamers or not.

Glad to hear some people got your back!
You can't fool me with your obfuscated links, wenches!

You saying you dislike FF VI's music?
7LSFLcs.jpg

First-time poster here :) Hello, everyone! Somehow missed this thread until backslashbunny clued me in. Erin's the name, intersectional liberation and full equality's the game.

Looks like it's locked now, but what a thread that was! Didn't realize I'd hit member status in there for like a dozen posts. Lots of amazing folk in there, among the clueless jerks.

/mini rant

I HATE DRAMA;;

Absolutely abhorrent. Turn the tables!

Kinsei

Banned
/mini rant

I HATE DRAMA;;

What the fuck. I thought that kind of shit was reserved for the internet and cons. I'm sure if you keep on doing what you're doing the fuckheads will come around.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
/mini rant

I HATE DRAMA;;

:-( what absolute rubbish. You have every right to do what you so. So do it and let them huff and puff all they want.

First-time poster here :) Hello, everyone! Somehow missed this thread until backslashbunny clued me in. Erin's the name, intersectional liberation and full equality's the game.

Looks like it's locked now, but what a thread that was! Didn't realize I'd hit member status in there for like a dozen posts. Lots of amazing folk in there, among the clueless jerks.

Absolutely abhorrent. Turn the tables!

Hello! You good poster! Me welcome you!

Hello! You good poster! Me welcome you!

<3333333. Welcome! I first noticed you in that ridiculous hair thread, but I assumed you were already here :x haha.

<3 :3 Thanks for the warm welcome, you two! I've been a GAF lurker since... 2006, haha. One of the first things I did when I finally got proper home internet was sign up for an account, and then...barely post at all. Threads like the hair one, though, get me going something fierce!

Edit: post #10k wooo!

Mono

All of these things were said on the club's Facebook group, of which I'm not a member because I don't have a Facebook. Luckily my friend in the group told me about what was happening!

I went into big bad president mode and asked some people to leave and reported a few to the uni. This shouldn't be a problem in 2014, seriously.

Hiya Erin! \o/ I'm new to this thread as well.

Pau

Bienvenida Erin!

All of these things were said on the club's Facebook group, of which I'm not a member because I don't have a Facebook. Luckily my friend in the group told me about what was happening!

I went into big bad president mode and asked some people to leave and reported a few to the uni. This shouldn't be a problem in 2014, seriously.
For real. :/ I just think about how these are people who will be joining the workforce soon in the future and with those attitudes... ugh.

The nerdy clubs I'm part of at my college are very small and I'm always lamenting that they aren't larger, but it does mean dealing with that kind of shit a lot less since it's a pretty tight knit group. :/

Wazzy

Banned
<3 So were you! I was so happy to see so many of us pushing back against that nonsense, even if it went right over the heads of those fully assimilated into imperialistic society.
Thanks!

If we at least changed some peoples minds I'm happy. There's too many posters that are stuck in their toxic ways and that thread called out a lot of them.

Get them to invite me to that group so I can say something.
udh3b6F.png

Mono

For real. :/ I just think about how these are people who will be joining the workforce soon in the future and with those attitudes... ugh.

The nerdy clubs I'm part of at my college are very small and I'm always lamenting that they aren't larger, but it does mean dealing with that kind of shit a lot less since it's a pretty tight knit group. :/

Hopefully they'll snap out of it, or they won't survive in the real world.

Larger clubs are good and bad! More members means more funding, which means we can throw pizza parties and use the big uni lecture halls to play games on huge projectors, which is a lot of fun! But with a club so huge, of course there are going to be problematic members and "cliques" developing over one unified, tight-knit group of friends, which would be kind of impossible with 100+ people.

Be glad that you're in a small club!

Get them to invite me to that group so I can say something.
udh3b6F.png

Go full Seifer on them! Show them dat romantic dream!

Kimaka

Hi, Erin! Welcome.

Hopefully they'll snap out of it, or they won't survive in the real world.

Larger clubs are good and bad! More members means more funding, which means we can throw pizza parties and use the big uni lecture halls to play games on huge projectors, which is a lot of fun! But with a club so huge, of course there are going to be problematic members and "cliques" developing over one unified, tight-knit group of friends, which would be kind of impossible with 100+ people.

Be glad that you're in a small club!

I hope that gets resolved for you soon. :/ Female gamers have been more visible than ever and it's sad that assholes still automatically assume we game for attention.

Welcome, Mono :3!

At the root of that ridiculous situation lies a bunch of immature, insecure boys who very likely feel extremely threatened by your ascension to power and have to resort to pathetic tactics to discredit you. I hope your unmistakable stance against sexism and sexual harassment sends a strong message of inclusiveness and egalitarianism and builds a stronger club over your tenure. Culture change begins with the actions of individuals--and you're doing it.

Bienvenida Erin!

Hi, Erin! Welcome.

Aww, shucks, thanks all <3!

Edit:

Welcome Erin, I too enjoyed your contributions to that thread.

:D Likewise. Imagine what this group could collectively accomplish if we put our heads together :3

Mono

I'll respond to each poster being a dick about you with:

byckmAR.gif

And then when they get mad I'll respond with:
Ygw4ZZq.gif

Seifer style; I love it! \o/

Hi, Erin! Welcome.

I hope that gets resolved for you soon. :/ Female gamers have been more visible than ever and it's sad that assholes still automatically assume we game for attention.

Welcome, Mono :3!

At the root of that ridiculous situation lies a bunch of immature, insecure boys who very likely feel extremely threatened by your ascension to power and have to resort to pathetic tactics to discredit you. I hope your unmistakable stance against sexism and sexual harassment sends a strong message of inclusiveness and egalitarianism and builds a stronger club over your tenure. Culture change begins with the actions of individuals--and you're doing it.

I'm a bit nervous; hopefully I'll do things right! Ever since this was made public, I feel like the entire population of the university is watching my every move! It must be really uncommon for this sort of thing to happen, becuase I've already been asked for an interview by the school newspaper as well as the women's group since the new club leaders were announced. :X Though, the ratio of males to females is insane: 4 girls in the club, including myself, with 106 or so members.

I hope I don't mess things up and send the wrong message to people, even though the sorts of people who would think ill of me for doing nothing yet are probably the sorts of people that would critizice my every move no matter what.

Seems like people think that my sole motivations for leading these clubs is to stand up to the patriarchy, but really they just needed a new president and I love the club and knew I had enough time on my hands to manage it!

I'm definitely chill yet organized enough for this club to not fall apart, though! \o/

I'm a bit nervous; hopefully I'll do things right! Ever since this was made public, I feel like the entire population of the university is watching my every move! It must be really uncommon for this sort of thing to happen, becuase I've already been asked for an interview by the school newspaper as well as the women's group since the new club leaders were announced. :X Though, the ratio of males to females is insane: 4 girls in the club, including myself, with 106 or so members.

I hope I don't mess things up and send the wrong message to people, even though the sorts of people who would think ill of me for doing nothing yet are probably the sorts of people that would critizice my every move no matter what.

Seems like people think that my sole motivations for leading these clubs is to stand up to the patriarchy, but really they just needed a new president and I love the club and knew I had enough time on my hands to manage it!

I'm definitely chill yet organized enough for this club to not fall apart, though! \o/

Women who claim power are subjected to some extraordinarily intense scrutiny in this culture. Before all is said and done, you'll probably be made to feel like a revolutionary of sorts (which isn't entirely untrue--owning power, as a female, is a revolutionary act). Those interviews sound promising! I'm excited for you, and you can definitely come here for support and advice. You are somebody, and I believe in you! :3

Kinsei

Banned
I decided to order the first Song of Fire and Ice book because of you girls. I would have bought the e-book to start reading now, but those are nowhere near as good as curling up underneath a warm blanket with a good book.

Hiya Erin!

Look what came through the mail today!

nLkvsmZ.png

Got a busy weekend of gaming come up!

EDF is a ton of fun! I hope you enjoy it.

I decided to order the first Song of Fire and Ice book because of you girls. I would have bought the e-book to start reading now, but those are nowhere near as good as curling up underneath a warm blanket with a good book.

Hiya Erin!

<3 Real books are the snuggliest. :) Heya!

Hi Erin! welcome! You are super awesome in that shaving thread! I did fist pump in air when you laid the smack down with some of your posts there <3

Mono

Women who claim power are subjected to some extraordinarily intense scrutiny in this culture. Before all is said and done, you'll probably be made to feel like a revolutionary of sorts (which isn't entirely untrue--owning power, as a female, is a revolutionary act). Those interviews sound promising! I'm excited for you, and you can definitely come here for support and advice. You are somebody, and I believe in you! :3

Thank you so much! \o/ I'll be trying my best!

Top Bottom