• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The gaaiiiitt
lol

I'm officially giving up in that thread. When I read gems like this:
If there's SO many women that want representation on videogames, why aren't they founding their own studios or creating projects that fit their preferences? Why are you DEMANDING that men cater to you?
I don't have any way to respond to that without possibly getting banned, and I like GAF, so it's not worth it. Ugh.

Pau

feel you so much :/ I always try to set small goals for the day to make getting up worth it but...eh...doesn't really work out most of the time.
Eating breakfast before 3 counts as a
the only
goal right

I have a hard time waking up and I have tons of work to do. :p According to my more morning/cheerful other half, if you do a little work out routine right when you get up, it'll be easier to skip the blah and head straight to productive. I'm going to try that starting Monday since 6 coffees don't seem to be working...
You'll be my guinea pig. Let me know how it goes! :p

Never played more than 30 min of AC after the first one. I would have enjoyed Liberation (prefer handhelds) but it was a hot mess when I bought it.

I've not played AC1 and I've heard it had some issues, but 2, Brotherhood and Revelations were fun. The gameplay is very similar in all three though, so if 2 doesn't click then I wouldn't bother with the others.

AC3 had good intentions but was ultimately a bit of a mess. It's not an exaggeration to say that the intro tutorials take over an hour, the story was weak and the main character lacked agency. His catchphrase was "What would you have me do?" So dull.

I'm 20% of the way through AC4 at the moment and it's pretty fun so far (essentially a pirate sim with some assassin/Templar goofiness thrown in) but it's a shame you don't get to parkour your way across any big, well-researched cities.

Clearly things are swinging back in that direction with Unity, so it'll be interesting to see what (other than co-op) Ubi does to differentiate the experience from the Ezio games - if anything.

I'm planning to give Liberation a go some time, although I've heard the PC port is quite the hot mess.

That turned into an essay - sorry!

Mono

I've not played AC1 and I've heard it had some issues, but 2, Brotherhood and Revelations were fun. The gameplay is very similar in all three though, so if 2 doesn't click then I wouldn't bother with the others.

AC3 had good intentions but was ultimately a bit of a mess. It's not an exaggeration to say that the intro tutorials take over an hour, the story was weak and the main character lacked agency. His catchphrase was "What would you have me do?" So dull.

I'm 20% of the way through AC4 at the moment and it's pretty fun so far (essentially a pirate sim with some assassin/Templar goofiness thrown in) but it's a shame you don't get to parkour your way across any big, well-researched cities.

Clearly things are swinging back in that direction with Unity, so it'll be interesting to see what (other than co-op) Ubi does to differentiate the experience from the Ezio games - if anything.

I'm planning to give Liberation a go some time, although I've heard the PC port is quite the hot mess.

That turned into an essay - sorry!

I've only played about half of Assassin's Creed 1. That game has some janky combat; all you do is stand there and combo when an enemy attacks you and you're invincible. Climbing around Jerusalem was an absolute blast, though!

Did the later games fix the combat? Which one would you reccomend the most?

I've only played about half of Assassin's Creed 1. That game has some janky combat; all you do is stand there and combo when an enemy attacks you and you're invincible. Climbing around Jerusalem was an absolute blast, though!

Did the later games fix the combat? Which one would you reccomend the most?

If I had to rank them, it would be 2 > 4 > 3 > 1

Didn't really get into AssRev or AssBro.

I played AssCreed 1, then 2, then Revelation and Brotherhood. Havent touched 3 yet, but they just keep churning them out that I'm lagging behind.

I still remember how Altair couldn't swim and that was hilarious.

Ubi really messed its PR up with its "too hard to animate women" blunder. And yeah, I can't believe how many people are so hung up on "the ~feminine~ gait". As if women are not worth while animating / thinking about / realising if they do not walk like men wants them to walk.

I have zero gait when i walk in real, tbh .___. I feel so lacking now .___.

Kinsei

Banned
Of the AC games I've played this is my ranking: Brotherhood > 2 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

I have 4 but I haven't played it yet.

Kimaka

I haven't played any Asscreed game. Tried like thirty minutes of 1 and was bored. I wanted to try Liberation but the PC has Uplay and I don't have a Vita.

I played AssCreed 1, then 2, then Revelation and Brotherhood. Havent touched 3 yet, but they just keep churning them out that I'm lagging behind.

I still remember how Altair couldn't swim and that was hilarious.

Ubi really messed its PR up with its "too hard to animate women" blunder. And yeah, I can't believe how many people are so hung up on "the ~feminine~ gait". As if women are not worth while animating / thinking about / realising if they do not walk like men wants them to walk.

I have zero gait when i walk in real, tbh .___. I feel so lacking now .___.

Don't! I don't have it either unless I try I guess. (had to google to figure out wtf a feminine gait was >__>) Sounds like something that develops because of socialization rather than an inherited female thing so getting hung up about animating that and using it as an excuse to not put in female models is rather dumb.

I received Assassin's Creed 4 with my graphics card for free. It's installed but I've barely spent an hour on it. I hated Assassin's Creed 2 and felt it was hollow and pointless outside of the pretty environments.

And evidently that was supposed to be the pinnacle of the series. People say good things about AC4 and I do have it installed but meh. There are other games to play first. Oh and BTW. My gait is feminine that Ubisoft could never animate me. To them it's like an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

I received Assassin's Creed 4 with my graphics card for free. It's installed but I've barely spent an hour on it. I hated Assassin's Creed 2 and felt it was hollow and pointless outside of the pretty environments.

And evidently that was supposed to be the pinnacle of the series. People say good things about AC4 and I do have it installed but meh. There are other games to play first. Oh and BTW. My gait is feminine that Ubisoft could never animate me. To them it's like an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

If it doesn't tickle your pickle, that's fair enough! The world would be a terribly dull place if everyone shared the same tastes.

Dunno about my gait, but it would be murder trying to animate my feminine gate.

DSC03424.JPG

I haven't played any Asscreed game. Tried like thirty minutes of 1 and was bored. I wanted to try Liberation but the PC has Uplay and I don't have a Vita.

Don't! I don't have it either unless I try I guess. (had to google to figure out wtf a feminine gait was >__>) Sounds like something that develops because of socialization rather than an inherited female thing so getting hung up about animating that and using it as an excuse to not put in female models is rather dumb.

Thank you <3 I needed to hear that... I donno, it's stupid, I guess. But yeah... .___. little things do imply bigger things, sometimes. And I shouldn't let things get to me, I know, but it's just an odd feeling when you realize that most men doesn't even qualify me as a 'proper' girl cuz i dont walk in the way that i 'should' walk. My words are not capturing it quite well, but ya, just... thanks <3

To be honest, i shuffle a bit when I walk, i like to walk very quietly. i donno why. It's probably something that I picked up from my childhood. I certainly do not have that sultry or feminine gait that I often see in female 3d models in games .___.

@Blood Red Sky, that is an AWESOME gate omg :D

Sevarus

A big thank you to whoever locked the Kim Kardashian thread. I don't even know why I bothered to click it. I must hate myself.

:3 Had a friend over last night. My wife got humorously drunk, and we made dinner and baked a cake in the rice cooker, and I let our guest loose on Shovel Knight til like 2am. We woke up and made tacos, and I just saw her off. <3 Good times with friends is lovely!

:3 Had a friend over last night. My wife got humorously drunk, and we made dinner and baked a cake in the rice cooker, and I let our guest loose on Shovel Knight til like 2am. We woke up and made tacos, and I just saw her off. <3 Good times with friends is lovely!

that sounds awesome :D

my weekend breezed past with packing and planning for the trip. it was busy x___x I'm leaving for Japan in 5 days' time! so excite~

....... and im so glad i stayed out of that kim kardashian thread .... sheeeeeeeeesh

wat. -___-

CAKE IN A RICE COOKER?!

BLASPHEMY! But seriously, that's awesome. Reminds me of this link--

http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/surprising-things-you-can-make-in-a-rice-cooker

<3 It's delicious! I mean, it takes a few cycles. But--you can eat as much of the batter as you want and not worry about having to pull it out of the oven at the appointed time. It's not that it's super-fantastic this way, but it's pretty good when you're just doing things at your own pace, haha :) It's like a steam-cake, and you can totally throw a buncha other stuff in there like chopped up fruit or chocolate syrup swirls. I love cooking food/meals in my rice cooker, my tomato chicken is delicious :3

that sounds awesome :D

my weekend breezed past with packing and planning for the trip. it was busy x___x I'm leaving for Japan in 5 days' time! so excite~

....... and im so glad i stayed out of that kim kardashian thread .... sheeeeeeeeesh

So awesome :D! <3 I always wanted to visit Japan. Have a wonderful tiiiime!

Aiustis

I just made a cake, but I didn't let it cool enough before I put on the icing.

I made the icing from scratch...just egg, butter, almond flavor, vanilla and sugar.

Mono

Mmm, now I want cake!

I made sugar cookies
somehow for the first time ever
last week and I want to make more because I already ate them all, but I don't think I have enough flour. :/

^

Yeah, it certainly has taken a strong and decided turn ever since I posted in its first page.

Those men are behaving as if they are going to be taken advantage of at every turn ;__;

It's kinda cute. Like, they are almost .... paranoid

... :3

Bleh. With that attitude, no wonder. I would never go for a guy that thought like that. Ugh.

(and yeah, it's ironic that OMIGOD ALL WOMEN ARE BITCHES NEVER GETTING MARRIED..

...but why are you women always freaking about sexual assault IT'S NOT LIKE MEN AREN'T SCARED OF WALKING AROUND AT NIGHT TOO.)

lksghdskjghdskg such... fucking... dissonance...

hahahahah yeeeeeeppppppppppp pretty much

sigh

those poor, poor men. cornered into NOT marrying, cuz we bitches ruined it fo' them.

;__;

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Do yourselves a favour and don't click that Craigslist killer thread. Ugh. Horrible story, and the comments just make me shake my head at times.

Mono

At work today a kinda skeevy guy told me his name was Charley and asked if I'd be one of his angels. I had to smile and laugh it off.

I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of comments like that working at a truck stop.

That is creepy as hell, omg. Good luck in there!

Also, @YesNOnoNOYes - when you see this, thanks for defending me (again!). I think I noticed that guy was a dick back in a super old thread about Robin Thick's Blurred Line songs.

Generally, when a person makes his/her primary argument a personal attack on personality/character, instead of talking about what was being said, I assume s/he is most likely sort of a dick, and therefore ignore to disengage.

no probssss yooo. i got ur back gurlll <3

yeahhhh i have big problems when people make personal attacks against another poster instead of discussing the topic at hand. but ya, he already got banned now.... :O them mods are so hard at work *___* all my luv for GAF mods <3333 (also a bit scary) (haha) (*makes sure to be on best behaviour at all times*)

^

<3 so bawss~

...i wouldn't have the guts to do that topsailing thing like in the movie though.... im scaredy cat, i dont even ever stick my hand out of the windows of a running car or feet... cuz i think of horror movies where they get chopped off ... haha

i do love putting my face near an open window though. the breeze <3

I am sooooo not amused. I'm jealous. My hair would never do that. It looks really cute, so don't stress about it. :)

I did laugh at the Jim Carrey ref pic, though. :D
let's trade hair then. would be totally down for that :D

Eating breakfast before 3 counts as a
the only
goal right
yup. it really should. :X
haha agreed!

Amalthea

Banned
I ate a slice of pizza at 5 this morning despite having been nauseous since last week. But that wasn't even breakfast yet. :/

Gah.

Mistel

Banned
^

<3 so bawss~

...i wouldn't have the guts to do that topsailing thing like in the movie though.... im scaredy cat, i dont even ever stick my hand out of the windows of a running car or feet... cuz i think of horror movies where they get chopped off ... haha

Ship's mast is what you play when you have a death wish. It's a surefire way to end up in a hospital or worse.

SmokyDave

I can't believe it took Deathproof to get you appreciating the Dodge Charger, Stormtrooper.

^

<3 so bawss~

The sequence where she's on the bonnet of the Challenger is absolutely electrifying stunt-work. Some of the best I've ever seen.

Zoe Bell is a phenomenal stunt woman. I'm hoping that if I expose my daughter to enough of her and Michèle Mouton, she'll be the first woman to stand atop an F1 podium.

Top Bottom