• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Not sure who big-boobs lady is (Shia herself probably), but I was dubious at the "progressiveness" of that game to begin with, when I saw outfits like this shit, or Zelda lifting up her skirt to summon a magic weapon from her crotch (?!!):
tumblr_n6yqszAgte1s0qvfeo2_500.gif

smh

Not sure who big-boobs lady is (Shia herself probably), but I was dubious at the "progressiveness" of that game to begin with, when I saw outfits like this shit, or Zelda lifting up her skirt to summon a magic weapon from her crotch (?!!):
tumblr_n6yqszAgte1s0qvfeo2_500.gif

smh

You can thank Tecmo Koei for that. They make Dead or Alive.

As for the skirt thing, it's just magic effects for the sake of looking dynamic. She's not lifting her skirt.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well, it's not a standard skirt, but she's definitely lifting the front flap of her skirt. In any case, it looks silly at best and kinda creepy at worst.

Well, it's not a standard skirt, but she's definitely lifting the front flap of her skirt. In any case, it looks silly at best and kinda creepy at worst.

How? She's crossing her arms as it billows upward, and then extends them as the magic dissapates downward, blowing the flap into it's normal position. It looks silly, yes, but I don't see what the fuss is about.

suzu

Not excusing them, but it's Koei Tecmo. The other Warriors games have a lot of female characters as well. So I wasn't expecting much in the way of progressiveness.

As for the gif, it looks like she's waving her arms in front of her to summon(?) her weapon and her skirt is billowing up from the effects.

Anastasia

I don't see anything wrong with that gif. Her arms are crossed and start moving downward as the wind from the magic effect blows her skirt around; nowhere is she lifting her skirt. And when her skirt does expose her legs you just see part of her thighs.

I'm not saying it's a good design, but if I was going to get upset about something regarding Hyrule Warriors it certainly would not be that.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
*shrugs* I'm not upset at all, since I'm not even interested in the game, but it does look like she's lifting up that flap to me, and that seems fairly gratuitous. Anyway, I'm far more annoyed by Shia's design than this, but I didn't want to pollute the thread with that horrible image. xD

Amalthea

Banned
Don't you get it? She's lifting her skirt to remove her magic tampon to allow her female powers to flow free. Totally progressive.

:p Just kidding.

Funny gif.

I dont see that she's lifting her skirt

but...

... I see that some invisible thing was holding her skirt thinger up and then as she magickymagicky, it came back down

cuz ... girl magic should be girly in its effects? idk. ~REASONS~

:|

I was so excited about this game, especially with such a large female cast. I chose to blissfully ignore the fact that team ninja was working on it. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.
Whats worse is its selling poorly, didnt the creator mention that they would put more famales in games if this sold well? I was side eyeing so hard when that was said. I love that they assume that if their game doesn't sell well,, its not due to the quality of game, but the % of non male characters.

We're either too difficult to animate into the games or when we're implemented into a game, we're the cause for their failure. We can't win. :/

iirate

I was so excited about this game, especially with such a large female cast. I chose to blissfully ignore the fact that team ninja was working on it. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.
Whats worse is its selling poorly, didnt the creator mention that they would put more famales in games if this sold well? I was side eyeing so hard when that was said. I love that they assume that if their game doesn't sell well,, its not due to the quality of game, but the % of non male characters.

We're either too difficult to animate into the games or when we're implemented into a game, we're the cause for their failure. We can't win. :/

I chose to ignore this fact with Other M. :(

I wasn't really interested in the first place because I hate Dynasty Warriors, but everything about this game sounds disappointing.

hey, yo girl, buy Destiny. Make your own woman. :p

hey, yo girl, buy Destiny. Make your own woman. :p
Ugh I loved the alpha and was traveling during the beta and couldn't play :(. Once it comes out, I'll be working on my thesis so I probably won't be able to start playing until may, but the game looks sooooo amazing. I'm not on ps4 often, but if y'all have an account, add me! Arsenic yellow is my psn!

Finally got to try a darker lipstick shade...

Pretty happy! Got some positive comments :) Just need to find ones that aren't so shiny, haha.

WOW kisaya *___* you're spectacularly beautiful <3

and that darker lipstick is so womanly on you <3

.... i dont think i can rock it :x but wow, kisaya so pretty *___* :>

Omigodomigodomigid
Bear paws? I wonder if this is what penguin bear would've been.

Can't wait for the next update 9 15th. Thank you for posting this, I've been on a huge magical girl binge lately, rereading rayearth...hopefully we'll get some more girls from ikuhara :)

Arsenic reads Magical Knight RayEarth??? :O wooooo hello. I used to follow CLAMP titles when I was younger :D

Arsenic reads Magical Knight RayEarth??? :O wooooo hello. I used to follow CLAMP titles when I was younger :D
I used to play the mkr sega Saturn game all the time, easily my favorite game for the system. My partner recently got me a sega Saturn for Christmas, so this game is on my wish list.

Clamp was my FAVORITE artists/writers as a kid. Mkr was my first clamp title, then I discovered x/1999. that and Clover became my favorite mangas. I have actually been binging on clamp recently, I plan on rereading tsubasa and and Tokyo Babylon.... I held off on reading tsubasa for a while, as I was afraid the cameos would be gimmicky, but omg I ended up being so emotionally invested with every character, though the ending was pretty disappointing. A new tsubasa series is coming out, so maybe that's where my binging is coming from.

And Umi was the best of the three.

AAAAAA

I also played the Sega Saturn MKR :D

Fuu is my favourite I think, though Umi came close second. No one likes Hikaru best. Well, no self respecting person.... XD

yes yes yes. i also read X and Tokyo Babylon and Clover and Rg Veda :> Some of their titles carry a bit of WTF plot lines and characters, but I enjoyed their series v much.

I never got into Tsubasa and Sakura, I have to admit :x

I think the last CLAMP title that I read was xxxHolic and Legal Drug, or something to that effect. And by that time they were already spinning off their main vein. Haha...

I used to read a lot of Shoujo titles, back then, aaa nostalgia. Did Amalthea and Arsenic ever read Fushigi Yuugi? It's a bit like MKR in the way that it transports a school girl into a fantasy land, but it's not as action-ey as MKR was. I sort of got into this type of stories around my teen, and I think later when I discovered 12 Kingdoms I get that distinct throwback or nod at MKR and Fushigi Yuugi. Though 12 Kingdoms is definitely less sparkly.

Amalthea

Banned
Didn't read it and propably won't ever because it's linked to some really bad memories.

About 10 years ago the series was released where I live. Back then I was visiting a business school where I met a girl that shared a love for manga.

Having grown up in a town where everybody hated manga to the point of racism this was a relevation.
We got along well at first and my could've-been-friend always recomended me Fushigi Yuugi.

But I was already suffering a lot from depression and the school was very demanding (salespeople don't really need the period table honestly) and completely in French (wich I was very good in a few years prior until a certain event) and the travel route was extremely long wich strained me further.

Long story short I had practically a year long mental breakdown that resulted in alienating anybody in class and got me excluded from the school. Needless to say I didn't read much comics.

For me that was basically the end of having any friendships and Fushigi Yuugi will always be a reminder of the aforementioned events.

Or maybe I should read it to get over it... Uhhm.

Amalthea, aaah I understand *nodsnods* there are a few things that I associate with parts of my life too, and some become laden with weird associations of whatever that was going on in my life at the time... so, totally understand.

Sounds like that was a particularly trying time for you :( Hope you're no longer in that environment where you'd feel alienated and alienating for your interest in manga / anime. It sounds like quite a suffocating place to be.

It's not a very good series, actually, Fushigi Yuugi. I don't think I can digest it as an adult, to be honest... haha

So, it's not a big loss, imo ...

I've got an idea for an interesting discussion. What are some of your female nit-picks? As in, what are things that you often see women do that annoy you?

For me, and I know this may sound weird, but it's how almost every girl nowadays refer to boys as "guys," both online and IRL. Something about the way most women say it, the inflection. Just drives me up the wall.

Amalthea

Banned
Women not beating up their guy &#128069; when said guy &#128069; thinks I'm more interesting than them.

Those women propably get angry at me too while I'm either scared shitless or wonder why I'm still alone then.

Bonus: Lipstick pic

Maybe I'm just brining it onto myself. &#128068;

Aiustis

I've got an idea for an interesting discussion. What are some of your female nit-picks? As in, what are things that you often see women do that annoy you?

For me, and I know this may sound weird, but it's how almost every girl nowadays refer to boys as "guys," both online and IRL. Something about the way most women say it, the inflection. Just drives me up the wall.

Lol I refer to them as dudes.

Anyway my biggest one women who buy into sexist ideology and try to enforce it on other women.

I regularly get the 'your supposed to be a lady' or some variation of that.

Edit: sometimes my lips look extra colored for no reason and people think I'm wearing lipstick. I do have some tinted glosses and lipstick I think pink colors suit me best.

Kisaya

Amalthea *_* you have such beautiful lips!

I wish mine weren't so thin ^_^; thankfully lipstick makes them look poutier.

And yeah it's annoying trying to eat and drink with it on, which is why I haven't worn any lipstick in a while :/ trying to find something that just stains without a gloss.

Amalthea

Banned
Amalthea *_* you have such beautiful lips!

I wish mine weren't so thin ^_^; thankfully lipstick makes them look poutier.

And yeah it's annoying trying to eat and drink with it on, which is why I haven't worn any lipstick in a while :/ trying to find something that just stains without a gloss.
Oh, c'mon you don't have thin lips they are perfect and overall you're just beautiful.

Aiustis

I need to clean up my room. I lost my wallet in there. There is a 1 foot wide path from my bed to the door. The door doesn't open because all the junk and I have to squeeze out.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Lol I refer to them as dudes.

Anyway my biggest one women who buy into sexist ideology and try to enforce it on other women.

I regularly get the 'your supposed to be a lady' or some variation of that.

Yep. This is the absolute worst.

I've experienced it first hand this weekend too. Had me pretty disgusted but I'm over it now.

Edit: Also, you ladies look so lovely! I'm not comfortable sharing pictures online after I was harassed via phone and Facebook in 2010. I posted pictures of myself from prom and homecoming on FB and regretted it immediately.
It stopped altogether after 2 years but it still makes me hesitate every time.

Kisaya

Edit: Also, you ladies look so lovely! I'm not comfortable sharing pictures online after I was harassed via phone and Facebook in 2010. I posted pictures of myself from prom and homecoming on FB and regretted it immediately.
It stopped altogether after 2 years but it still makes me hesitate every time.

I'm sorry girly :( that's always been a fear of mine. I wouldn't tell you GAF is a safe haven from that sort of shit. If anything there's always PMs if you ever wanted to share :>

Top Bottom