• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Yep. This is the absolute worst.

I've experienced it first hand this weekend too. Had me pretty disgusted but I'm over it now.

Edit: Also, you ladies look so lovely! I'm not comfortable sharing pictures online after I was harassed via phone and Facebook in 2010. I posted pictures of myself from prom and homecoming on FB and regretted it immediately.
It stopped altogether after 2 years but it still makes me hesitate every time.

I was harassed recently on Twitter. Don't let it bother you.

BY THE WAY: I recently tweeted what I go through every morning when deciding what to wear:

69LSoTK.png

bCSeBUG.png

Anastasia

Kisaya and Amalthea you are both super pretty. I love those shades of lipstick!

Also, girls who wear maxi dresses.

I haaaaaaaate those things. No form at all, and they drag on the ground.

I've seen plenty of form-fitting maxi dresses, but I suppose that depends on what you consider form-fitting.

I have a few and really like them for their comfort and movement.

Amalthea

Banned
Thanks, Kathryn! :)

Also: Dressing wasn't fun for me this summer. Because of the constantly changing weather it was more of a practical question. Even worse was that the question wasn't will it be sunny or rainy today but will it be sunny or rainy when I'm outside.

Still got a cold now.

And I didn't get to wear that beautiful 60s-style dress I wanted so badly and I finally had bought some perfectly fitting red pumps. Fuck it.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I was harassed recently on Twitter. Don't let it bother you.

I was sent pictures of nude older men and they would call me trying to arrange to have sex with me. It was a new person everyday... very traumatizing for me.

It went on for two years. I never even found out how they got my number or anything. Very uncomfortable to even think about tbh.

Kimaka

Lol I refer to them as dudes.

Anyway my biggest one women who buy into sexist ideology and try to enforce it on other women.

I regularly get the 'your supposed to be a lady' or some variation of that.

Edit: sometimes my lips look extra colored for no reason and people think I'm wearing lipstick. I do have some tinted glosses and lipstick I think pink colors suit me best.

I occasionally get other women trying to start gossip with me about female celebrities or women around us dressing provocatively and calling them whores or gross. It saddens me when some women try to tear down each other.

Also, girls who wear maxi dresses.

I haaaaaaaate those things. No form at all, and they drag on the ground.

That's why I like them. I'm apprehensive about wearing dresses, with those I don't feel like my dress is hiking up or clinging to me.

Amalthea

Banned
I was sent pictures of nude older men and they would call me trying to arrange to have sex with me. It was a new person everyday... very traumatizing for me.

It went on for two years. I never even found out how they got my number or anything. Very uncomfortable to even think about tbh.
Good grief, that's something!

And honestly it might not even be surprising how they got your personal info. Propably illustrates the dangers of data mining and crap like darknet.

I honestly never got such hyper-creeps yet I do wonder how all those mid-eastern guys on FB always find my page.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I'm just grateful that it stopped. Forgive me, I try not to ever talk about it since it's over now and I'm fine now. Let's try to liven up in here again, I hate ruining the mood. *sobs*

o_O
I occasionally get other women trying to start gossip with me about female celebrities or women around us dressing provocatively and calling them whores or gross. It saddens me when some women try to tear down each other.

That's...that's terrible :(

Samara

Finally got to try a darker lipstick shade...

Pretty happy! Got some positive comments :) Just need to find ones that aren't so shiny, haha.

Beautiful, looks like you need Mac's Rebel lipstick then. WnW makes a dupe called fairy plum. I too dont like glosses. heres what it looks like on someone
10668374135_51dcb329b9_z.jpg

Bonus: Lipstick pic

I just love red lipstick. This is a great one.

I'd like to say that any lipstick goes well with everyone but, I sometimes do my mom's makeup and being that she's much darker, it just looks wrong. But Rebel is one of the few that goes well with everyone.

Like when you see a girl on yt and rush to buy the lippie, only to and up looking like a clown/ghost and 10-30$ short.

For those who dont like lipsticks, Lipstains are a great alternative. they re like a marker for lips.

Amalthea, you're so beautiful <3 I love that lipstick colour on you aaawwwww

ishibb, im like you, im super uncomfortable about sharing photos on public spaces because of a jerk that made me regret stuff in the past. so, dont feel pressured <3 but if you do want to share, PMs are a good way :> *hugshugs*

As for petpeeves with women, well, my bestie is turning out to be a different person in the past year and im super disappointed. she's becoming one of those that shames other women for making choices that she doesn't understand. she's a bit of a prude, i guess, idk. anyway, it irks me.

maxidresses are cool though, dax :O i dont have one yet, but i aspire to buy one! they seem so flowy and relaxing~ i bought my first skirt last year ho ho ho ... well, my mom bought it for me, but it counts. and it's very pretty <3

I'm sorry all of y'all that get harassed. When I was a little younger it happened to me, but I think the internet is much nicer now to me. It's too bad NeoGAF doesn't autoblock non-forum members from being able to see pictures. It'd be a lot safer that way!

This would be amazing.

Also, disappointed so many in GirlGAF like maxi dresses. You all are crushing me.

gugi40

Woah you guys have such nice lips, I have pencil thin lips haha so only nude shades for me :(

Dax! you don't like Maxi's? I think you are thinking of MooMoos or something because all the maxi dresses I see are very form fitting. Although there is one type of maxi dress that I find kind of annoying.

As for pet peeves, I also despise when women fall into the hole sexist bullshit, 'act like a lady' is the shittiest thing.

My biggest pet peeve is wen women get all fucked up when you say you don't want kids, "oh you will change your mind" "just wait for the right man then you will want one" "you are too young you will think differently when you are older"
Fuck off I am not a slave to my ovaries. Yes I might change my mind in the far future although I highly doubt it but how about you just respect my choice?

Dax! you don't like Maxi's? I think you are thinking of MooMoos or something because all the maxi dresses I see are very form fitting. Although there is one type of maxi dress that I find kind of annoying.

This...thing:

maxi-dress1.jpg...jpg

Look at it. Look at its awfulness. It's like a huge, thin towel.

My biggest pet peeve is wen women get all fucked up when you say you don't want kids, "oh you will change your mind" "just wait for the right man then you will want one" "you are too young you will think differently when you are older"
Fuck off I am not a slave to my ovaries. Yes I might change my mind in the far future although I highly doubt it but how about you just respect my choice?

OMG

yes, those lines realllllllllllly annoy me toooooo :x

specially since im in a closeted relationship with my gf, and people just keep telling me that it's only a matter of time or fate that i would find the right man

FUCK OFF WITH THAT NOISE YOOO

This...thing:

maxi-dress1.jpg...jpg

Anthropology had some really beautiful maxi dresses that were form fitting, with a nice
Waisband pulling in waist.

It was so comfortable and flattering, but I couldn't afford the price. :( I normally hate maxi dresses too.
c7a89577a49db38c881e27aa5ee81cd5.jpg

I'm on my phone so I can't see how big the image is, but

That looks better but it's dragging on the floooooor.

(Plus it doesn't show off your beautiful legs).
Means I can get away with not shaving for a day! I'm super pale with thick black hair. A pet peeve?
Eyebrows plucked too thin.
Terrible lip liner.
Pants/jeans under dresses

Omigodomigodomigid
Bear paws? I wonder if this is what penguin bear would've been.

Can't wait for the next update 9 15th. Thank you for posting this, I've been on a huge magical girl binge lately, rereading rayearth...hopefully we'll get some more girls from ikuhara :)
Be careful what you wish for.
This is from the manga but the anime probably will have this crap.
I used to play the mkr sega Saturn game all the time, easily my favorite game for the system. My partner recently got me a sega Saturn for Christmas, so this game is on my wish list.

Clamp was my FAVORITE artists/writers as a kid. Mkr was my first clamp title, then I discovered x/1999. that and Clover became my favorite mangas. I have actually been binging on clamp recently, I plan on rereading tsubasa and and Tokyo Babylon.... I held off on reading tsubasa for a while, as I was afraid the cameos would be gimmicky, but omg I ended up being so emotionally invested with every character, though the ending was pretty disappointing. A new tsubasa series is coming out, so maybe that's where my binging is coming from.

And Umi was the best of the three.
Watch Blood-C if you haven't.

gugi40

This...thing:

maxi-dress1.jpg...jpg

I dont really mind it too much (on other people) I like Maxi's because Im fat and short dresses accentuate my rolls and with maxis I can wear tights underneath so I dont get a rash from my thigh chafing.
#FatLyfe

OMG

yes, those lines realllllllllllly annoy me toooooo :x

specially since im in a closeted relationship with my gf, and people just keep telling me that it's only a matter of time or fate that i would find the right man

FUCK OFF WITH THAT NOISE YOOO
It is the most annoying bull fuckery. You dont know me and you dont know my future you pompous asses!

Kisaya

Different tastes then, I wouldn't call them horrible though ;)

Means I can get away with not shaving for a day! I'm super pale with thick black hair. A pet peeve?
Eyebrows plucked too thin.
Terrible lip liner.
Pants/jeans under dresses

I used to have my eyebrows pretty thin, didn't suit me. Some people can rock it though, and there are times I don't even notice that they're really thin.

As for the pants/jeans under dresses... some girls are insecure about their legs unfortunately. I know that more conservitive families make their daughters do that. My mom gave me that headache.

This whole women pet peeves discussion is kind of weird. Obviously people who talk down on others and shit about your business is something none of us want to deal with, and there are things that in my preference I dislike aesthetically. But to say that a category of people are annoying for what they do and how they dress feels sort of inappropriate for this thread. :x

Anastasia

What's a maxi dress anyway? From those pics it's a... long, flowing dress?

A maxi dress is fitted on top and has a skirt which is long (usually around ankle length) and flowing. Maxi dresses can be very casual, or formal, depending on what the individual designer wants.

That looks horrible. Dragging on the floor, getting dirty, OOPS I ACCIDENTALLY STEPPED ON YOUR DRESS

Embrace the flow!

fireside

i don't think women who are not in a romantic relationship with another woman should use the term "girlfriend" to refer to their friend(s). i feel like it erases the existence of women who do date women.

but i agree with kisaya in that talking about things we don't like other women doing (especially things clothing and/or appearance related) is off-putting and wrong.

Anastasia

but i agree with kisaya in that talking about things we don't like other women doing (especially things clothing and/or appearance related) is off-putting and wrong.

I agree; it kind of sets a negative tone. Also a lot of pet peeves can easily translate over to men as well (not all of them mind you).

Some of those look fine. Others, not so much. But then I never ever wear dresses so what do I know...

There are thousands of different looks and maxi dresses represented there. Ultimately it's just a long flowy dress. It's not going to suit everyone's taste, and that's totally fine. One of the wonderful things about dresses is the variety of what you can choose from, and how easy they are to wear and style.

agree on the pet peeves about looks / dresses thing. i say let everyone dress however they wants yo~

and i also still wants a maxi dress. i will buy a flowy lovely maxi dress one day *determination*

:>

morrrriiii, you dont wear dresses? i never used to either *inches near morri* i grew up a tomboy so only recently discovering my girlygirl side. my wardrobe consists of pants of all kinds, work pants, jeans, shorts, trackers, but i have no skirt, until last year. mom bought me this flowing skirt, and its the only piece of skirt i have, but i am still learning to love it. haha... is morri a tomboy like me? or just prefer pants? *curious*

i wanna learn how not to hate my girl-side ... tis my personal quest but to be honest, i feel so at ease with how i have always lived so it is hard to change some habits ...e.g. i dont shampoo hair very often (once every 3 months), i wear no make up and i have zero knowledge of skin care... but ya. i think, for me, i have a lot of internal issues with regards to how i had wanted to be a boy :x

oop, sorry if oversharing. pls feel free to ignore me, gurlz <3

Yrael

I always hated it when I was forced to wear a dress for "photo day" as a kid in junior school. I felt completely ridiculous - and it impeded my ability to climb trees at lunchtime!

Eventually I had to put up with a skirt because it was part of the school uniform at my later schools, but to this day I don't wear dresses or skirts. For formal events I wear a suit instead. It just feels more "me."

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
morrrriiii, you dont wear dresses? i never used to either *inches near morri*
*grins* You're adorable, you know that? I don't know why but that line right there cracked me up so much.

i grew up a tomboy so only recently discovering my girlygirl side. my wardrobe consists of pants of all kinds, work pants, jeans, shorts, trackers, but i have no skirt, until last year. mom bought me this flowing skirt, and its the only piece of skirt i have, but i am still learning to love it. haha... is morri a tomboy like me? or just prefer pants? *curious*
Yes, pure tomboy here. Haven't worn a dress since I was 10. The girliest thing about me is my long-ass hair (the ass part is not metaphorical, it's really that long xD but I posted a pic before, I think) and possibly my reaction to seeing cute animals (especially cats) and my severe fondness for chocolate. But yeah, my wardrobe is pretty much exclusively jeans (or capris or shorts in the summer) and t-shirts, 95% of which are metal band shirts. Don't wear make-up ever, don't do my nails, etc etc.

I do have other kinds of clothing, I just never wear it. xD I have a skirt, which I last wore 15 years ago for my mother's funeral (it was even bought just for that, then never worn again... not out of symbolism or anything, I just hate skirts), and some dress shirts, which I wore at past jobs, but yeah. Since I don't need to follow a dress code for work, I just wear what's comfortable to me. Oh, and kendo outfits, of course. This is me:
944316_10151618451365569_428353522_n.jpg

I'm such a nerd that I'd probably be more into fashion if armours and shit were fashionable. I play Fashion Souls* constantly, and I'd totally wear that if I could get away with it (note, this woman is NOT ME, I just find her outfits to be incredibly awesome!):

annik2_by_lagueuse-d7knwps.jpg

* True story: the other day I was trying on different outfits on one of my Dark Souls II characters (a male one, ironically... I always end up creating a bunch of characters in Souls games, though my first is always a female dex build called Morrigan because I'm vain like that >_>), and I actually asked my boyfriend, "Which armour looks cooler? This one, or *switch* that one?". After giving his opinion, he started laughing, and said, "You'd never ask me that question about actual clothing in real life, but you ask me THE question about your Dark Souls character!" XD

oop, sorry if oversharing. pls feel free to ignore me, gurlz <3
Don't worry, isn't that what this thread is for? :)

Maybe on some other things, but clothes? I don't see what's so terribly wrong about talking about what you dislike other women wearing. I may rant about how horrible maxi dresses are and say they should be burned and banned from existence, but another girl may feel the very same about my style. Whateva.

Kisaya

Maybe on some other things, but clothes? I don't see what's so terribly wrong about talking about what you dislike other women wearing. I may rant about how horrible maxi dresses are and say they should be burned and banned from existence, but another girl may feel the very same about my style. Whateva.

Nothing wrong with saying that you hate a certain dress or style. It just came off as "girls who wear so and so are annoying," which is a little unfair considering how much shit we already get for how we dress.

Nothing wrong with saying that you hate a certain dress or style. It just came off as "girls who wear so and so are annoying," which is a little unfair considering how much shit we already get for how we dress.

Well, I do think people who wear certain things are annoying, but that's not exclusive to women. For example, tongue piercing? I find that incredibly stupid and annoying.

Here's a twist:
things most people dislike that you may like:

I'd never get this done, but if I saw someone with this, I'd this it's kind of attractive, tongue splitting. I think that's the major body mod is be interested in trying out sexually...

Top Bottom