• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Kimaka

Wazzotrons confirmed for weirdo!

Also my current anime collection which is mostly comprised of what everyone else mentioned. lol
KdfZXTPl.jpg

I'm probably going to re-buy Utena when the BDs get released here. orz

Utena is getting released in Blu-ray? \^o^/ I really want the complete series but, as lovely as they look, don't want to buy DVDs ever again.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Utena is getting released in Blu-ray? \^o^/ I really want the complete series but, as lovely as they look, don't want to buy DVDs ever again.

Yeah when I was reading through the set's reading materials and it said they remastered the footage in HD I was like "Shit I'm going to buy these again aren't I?" The BDs are out in Japan already:

Cat

I was so into DBZ. I had a website called Goku Central and made friends with owners of other popular DBZ sites. I loved, loved that series even though I still technically have not seen all of it. My first cosplay was as ChiChi, Goku's wife. I wrote editorials in the fandom. There was one particular artist that really liked my site, and he'd draw the most awesome things for me. Somehow, we lost touch, and that makes me so sad. I had Viz comics and read the full translation on Planet Namek. I even still have some special collector's books that were called Daizenshuu. Ideally, I'll set aside the time to watch the whole series one day, but it's really low on my priorities. Nothing in particular drove me away, I just found my interests changed. My intention was to focus on my anime site after that.

suzu

suzuuuu, you are like meeeee <3 but i missed out on ranma :< i was in Candy Candy and some other magical girl anime instead... haha. Oh and some Mecha ones. And some live action ones. I think I grew up on Megaloman series and the like. ALL Japanese shows of nostalgiaaaaaaaa :>

I love Doraemon so much when I was a kid that I kept checking my study's drawer to see if he'd come out one day :x But now looking back I see that it's a very problematic show with a lot of sexist undertones :<

Some things you can't go back into, I guess :<

I remember Candy Candy. :) Oh man, there's a lot of old kids' japanese shows I'm looking up now that's making me feel nostalgic (and super old!). I think I watched most of these shows in cantonese dub.. the opening/ending songs were left in their original language though. I thought the Saint Seiya opening was so epic as a kid. haha

Yeah, tbh I only liked Doraemon because he was a cute weird cat thing. I wanted a magic pocket like him~ Didn't really like any of the human characters.

I remember Candy Candy. :) Oh man, there's a lot of old kids' japanese shows I'm looking up now that's making me feel nostalgic (and super old!). I think I watched most of these shows in cantonese dub.. the opening/ending songs were left in their original language though. I thought the Saint Seiya opening was so epic as a kid. haha

Yeah, tbh I only liked Doraemon because he was a cute weird cat thing. I wanted a magic pocket like him~ Didn't really like any of the human characters.

Aaaah.... yesh, Saint Seiya's songs :D ...... MUCH FEELS.

I watched them in the original language so I don't know how it feels to experience them in Cantonese :> But I was traveling through China once, and saw an anime show dubbed in Mandarin and it amused me to no ends XD

Doraemon was super \o/ I love him and his weakness for dorayakis XD Nobita is so dumb but sometimes so funny XD But yea. Dora definitely is the star of his show :>

Amalthea

Banned
Late but thank you for all the birthday wishes.

I'M GOING TO ROME TODAY. Omg I'm so excite ;_;
Reminds me how my mom went to Rome last year.

She always went on vacation herself without us, while my sister sometimes cried in class after the summer break because we were the only family who never went somwhere all year long.

And when mom returned she would just complain how awful everything was there.

I've been watching this guys youtube videos for the last three days. Several of them on repeat. Especially this one for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AzvD5q-bBc&list=UUohllq0Pk5lQuuNANabHKcg

He's crazy good at arranging these covers and she's also a crazy good viola player if you look at her other videos. I just find the song adorable and I'm usually not into anime music. :3

It sucks not being talented. I'd love to do a youtube channel like this covering old vgm. His Banjo Kazooie covers take me back to my childhood like whoa.

Koriandrr

DBZ and Digimon were the highlight of my day as a kid.
I got soooo hyped during battles and remembered all the battlesongs. I still know them... :x

I used to have one of those fancy stereos that can record sound from the tv and I recorded all the epic battles with the battle music and OPs... /weird

DBZ and Digimon were the highlight of my day as a kid.
I got soooo hyped during battles and remembered all the battlesongs. I still know them... :x

I used to have one of those fancy stereos that can record sound from the tv and I recorded all the epic battles with the battle music and OPs... /weird

kori so cuuuuuuute :>

leeness, woooooooooow rome ! hope you enjoy!!! (jellllllllllllly)

also i've been failing at going back to 98 pounds aaaaaaaaaaa

suzu

I've been watching this guys youtube videos for the last three days. Several of them on repeat. Especially this one for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AzvD5q-bBc&list=UUohllq0Pk5lQuuNANabHKcg

He's crazy good at arranging these covers and she's also a crazy good viola player if you look at her other videos. I just find the song adorable and I'm usually not into anime music. :3

It sucks not being talented. I'd love to do a youtube channel like this covering old vgm. His Banjo Kazooie covers take me back to my childhood like whoa.

I don't listen to youtube covers often, but I enjoy this guy's video game rock covers~

FF5 - Battle on the Big Bridge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2imaonvUpI
FF8 - The Man With the Machine Gun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHv1murU4dk
FF10 - Mt Gagazet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISIxUbnmrz8
FF14 - Ramuh theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5TcgHtRNfA
Ace Attorney - Cornered - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-H1L4OYaVo
F-Zero - Big Blue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsxGLBuwVw8

Yeah, I wish I was musically inclined. When I was really little, my parents asked if I wanted to take up piano or dancing... I said "nah I don't feel like it". I wish they had pushed me into taking lessons. Dammit parents! lol

Leeness

Reminds me how my mom went to Rome last year.

She always went on vacation herself without us, while my sister sometimes cried in class after the summer break because we were the only family who never went somwhere all year long.

And when mom returned she would just complain how awful everything was there.

Lol, not to be like your mother...

But holy shit, I'm so disappointed right now, I could cry. Trevi Fountain is emptied and boarded up and being restored for the next two years. I had no idea, and Trevi was like...my "holy crap I'm going to see Trevi Fountain and throw a coin in it and it will be a perfect day" thing.

Like... You know when you're so disappointed, you can practically taste it? That's how disappointed I am right now.

Saving begins for Rome trip in 2016 now... :'(

Tomorrow will be better, but my entire rest of my first evening in Rome is kind of ruined. :(

Aiustis

I just remembered why I don't drink coffee. This is some awful stuff.

I love coffee way too much. As a little kid, I'd trick adults by asking for a sip of theirs and drinking the entire cup because they assumed I wouldn't like it.

But I'm kind of a holy terror when I'm caffeinated. I have really bad ADD and coffee makes me unbearable.

iirate

I love coffee so much! The extra energy from caffeine feels borderline essential on low energy days(Bipolar II, super fun), and drinking more coffee is helping me finally deal with the soda/sugary drink addiction I've been trying to kick for 5+ years.

EDIT: Just want to say, I'm employed again! I've been out of work for nearly a year, and even though I've had an unbelievable amount of support from friends, depending on others so much has been killing me. It's just a part time position, but I'm going to be able to work from home and the pay is decent. I can't express how good it feels to see a light at the end of this tunnel.

Dash_

I love coffee way too much. As a little kid, I'd trick adults by asking for a sip of theirs and drinking the entire cup because they assumed I wouldn't like it.

But I'm kind of a holy terror when I'm caffeinated. I have really bad ADD and coffee makes me unbearable.

I love coffee so much! The extra energy from caffeine feels borderline essential on low energy days(Bipolar II, super fun), and drinking more coffee is helping me finally deal with the soda/sugary drink addiction I've been trying to kick for 5+ years.

To be honest, this is granulated crap that tastes like cardboard. Hardly the best out there. : p

EDIT: Just want to say, I'm employed again! I've been out of work for nearly a year, and even though I've had an unbelievable amount of support from friends, depending on others so much has been killing me. It's just a part time position, but I'm going to be able to work from home and the pay is decent. I can't express how good it feels to see a light at the end of this tunnel.

Good stuff. : ) What are you doing?

Amalthea

Banned
Good luck!
Thanks, but it went not so good. Had an employee to remove them again. Wich took like 10 minutes past closing and he had to lead me out trough the backdoor. My eyes are like on fire now. lol
Lol, not to be like your mother...

But holy shit, I'm so disappointed right now, I could cry. Trevi Fountain is emptied and boarded up and being restored for the next two years. I had no idea, and Trevi was like...my "holy crap I'm going to see Trevi Fountain and throw a coin in it and it will be a perfect day" thing.

Like... You know when you're so disappointed, you can practically taste it? That's how disappointed I am right now.

Saving begins for Rome trip in 2016 now... :'(

Tomorrow will be better, but my entire rest of my first evening in Rome is kind of ruined. :(

She said that it was almost impossible to get somwhere near the fountain because there were so many people when it was open.

Leeness

Thanks, but it went not so good. Had an employee to remove them again. Wich took like 10 minutes past closing and he had to lead me out trough the backdoor. My eyes are like on fire now. lol

She said that it was almost impossible to get somwhere near the fountain because there were so many people when it was open.

That would have been preferable :( At least it would have been full of water and beautiful.

Are your eyes okay? :(

iirate

To be honest, this is granulated crap that tastes like cardboard. Hardly the best out there. : p

Good stuff. : ) What are you doing?

I'll be organizing leads for a small realtor company, making hourly + commission on each contract. I also have a good reference for a job doing emergency dispatch for the city, if/when a position opens up. That job would be full-time, but only 3-4 days a week, which would make it perfect for when I go back to school in the spring.

Awesome, congratulations! It sounds great!

Anastasia

I hate coffee. Tea is much better!

I'll be organizing leads for a small realtor company, making hourly + commission on each contract. I also have a good reference for a job doing emergency dispatch for the city, if/when a position opens up. That job would be full-time, but only 3-4 days a week, which would make it perfect for when I go back to school in the spring.

Congrats! That is wonderful to hear, and I hope you have fun. ^^

I actually have something cooking in the oven which is related, but I'm not going to mention it on this forum yet, since it is still a bit early on.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm having coffee right now! xD With a delicious croissant too. Y'all crazy, coffee's awesome when done right.

I say, give it another chance, InfiniteNine. I was like you before; I (thought I) hated coffee and only drank tea, but I liked coffee-flavoured stuff like cake, ice cream, candy, and even kinda liked sweetened ice coffee.

Then one day I had breakfast at a restaurant near my place, and forgot to ask to replace the included coffee for a tea, and the waitress just brought coffee without asking, assuming I wanted it. I said eh, ok why not, added a bit of milk and sugar and tasted it, and... I liked it. :D

The look of horror and disapproval on my boyfriend's face was priceless. You see, he hates coffee, and we also both hate alcohol and we had sort of bonded over that, so now I could feel his sense of betrayal... xD

also i've been failing at going back to 98 pounds aaaaaaaaaaa
98 pounds? o_O Unless you're like 4'11 that sounds pretty underweight. I don't know how tall you are, but I doubt you need to be this skinny! ^^

Anastasia

I'm having coffee right now! xD With a delicious croissant too. Y'all crazy, coffee's awesome when done right.

I say, give it another chance, InfiniteNine. I was like you before; I (thought I) hated coffee and only drank tea, but I liked coffee-flavoured stuff like cake, ice cream, candy, and even kinda liked sweetened ice coffee.

Then one day I had breakfast at a restaurant near my place, and forgot to ask to replace the included coffee for a tea, and the waitress just brought coffee without asking, assuming I wanted it. I said eh, ok why not, added a bit of milk and sugar and tasted it, and... I liked it. :D

The look of horror and disapproval on my boyfriend's face was priceless. You see, he hates coffee, and we also both hate alcohol and we had sort of bonded over that, so now I could feel his sense of betrayal... xD

I love coffee cake. Thankfully it tastes much better than icky coffee. :p

98 pounds? o_O Unless you're like 4'11 that sounds pretty underweight. I don't know how tall you are, but I doubt you need to be this skinny! ^^

As a point of reference, I only weigh about 10 pounds more and am 5'9.5". I eat a lot too. I don't think I'm super underweight; rather this is just the way I naturally am.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Oh my gawd Diablo is so addictive. What's this Destiny all about then?! I just want legendaries. Please give me legendaries. Just that orange pillar of light yummy please.

Coffee is weird to me. It smells gorgeous but I only really drink it for the caffeine. Coffee plus chocolate though...o Blimey.

Zoe

As a point of reference, I only weigh about 10 pounds more and am 5'9.5". I eat a lot too. I don't think I'm super underweight; rather this is just the way I naturally am.

For the average body frame, 5'0" at 100 pounds is considered normal. Add 5 pounds for each inch over that.

Anastasia

Oh my gawd Diablo is so addictive. What's this Destiny all about then?! I just want legendaries. Please give me legendaries. Just that orange pillar of light yummy please.

Coffee is weird to me. It smells gorgeous but I only really drink it for the caffeine. Coffee plus chocolate though...o Blimey.

I'm still waiting for my copy of Destiny to arrive. ;_;

It should arrive tomorrow, and then I expect that to consume my life for a while.

For the average body frame, 5'0" at 100 pounds is considered normal. Add 5 pounds for each inch over that.

Weight is determined by a lot of factors though. This is why I don't like BMI as a means of calculating "proper" weight; it simplifies things too much.

Zoe

Weight is determined by a lot of factors though. This is why I don't like BMI as a means of calculating "proper" weight; it simplifies things too much.

That's why I mentioned frame. At your height and weight, you likely have a small frame.

I have a large frame and boobs, so even being 5'0" I could never be a healthy 100 pounds. I was pretty consistently 120 during my time as a swimmer in high school.

iirate

Every part of this post is truth.

I'd be more excited for Destiny if I had a PS4. Diablo 3 has eaten up a huge amount of my last week, though.

Anastasia

That's why I mentioned frame. At your height and weight, you likely have a small frame.

I have a large frame and boobs, so even being 5'0" I could never be a healthy 100 pounds. I was pretty consistently 120 during my time as a swimmer in high school.

I do have a small frame, Along with that, I have a very high metabolism. My mom also was as skinny as me at my age. I would like to weigh a little more, but am otherwise comfortable with my weight. With that said, a chart or formula doesn't show the whole picture. I have been told I'm "very underweight" by doctors before, but they only went off of BMI. It's just not an accurate tool.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hmm okay, maybe I'm wrong. I'm 125 lbs at 5'5" and generally considered on the skinnier side of "normal" (normal as in, within "healthy weight" range, not underweight or overweight), so 98 lbs seems mildly alarming (or overkill to aim for as a weight) unless you're very very short, but perhaps I'm estimating it wrong... and maybe she is very very short, of course ^^.

Koriandrr

Hmm okay, maybe I'm wrong. I'm 125 lbs at 5'5" and generally considered on the skinnier side of "normal" (normal as in, within "healthy weight" range, not underweight or overweight), so 98 lbs seems mildly alarming (or overkill to aim for as a weight) unless you're very very short, but perhaps I'm estimating it wrong... and maybe she is very very short, of course ^^.

I'm 5'5'', 120lbs/54kg and I'd put myself in the 'average/healthy' zone. Though I am hitting the gym again from next week, to stay fit. But weight is really irrelevant I think. It doesn't usually say much about figure or health.

And... did someone say coffee?
Coffee_Lover_Avatar_by_xXMandy20Xx.gif

I LOVE COFFEE!!!

I'm 5'4" morrirri ;__; and currently at 110 lbs but urrr summer is coming and my mom is coming over to visit (she doesnt like Australian winter) and she always comments on my weight when she's here

I just wanna wear short shorts without getting any comments from her and the last time that happened was when I was 98 lbs :<

I'll just aim for 100 or 105 at this stage though cuz I can't stop eating and though my metabolism is super fast, I have been stable at 110.... which, according to most of my friends are an OKAY weight but ya. moms can be monsters when it comes down to self esteem .___.

wauuuuuuuuu

I also love coffee! But I love tea too :D

And grats on employment \o/ hope it will lead to bigger and better things <3333

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm 5'5'', 120lbs/54kg and I'd put myself in the 'average/healthy' zone. Though I am hitting the gym again from next week, to stay fit. But weight is really irrelevant I think. It doesn't usually say much about figure or health.

And... did someone say coffee?
Coffee_Lover_Avatar_by_xXMandy20Xx.gif

I LOVE COFFEE!!!
Just checked, I'm exactly 121 lbs at this moment, haha. I'm about the same height. My weight varies between 120 lbs and 125 lbs I guess. I think it went as high as 130 when I was on the pill, but I stopped taking it a few years ago for various reasons and saw my weight drop a bit.

But I agree with you, weight is far from the most important part about body health. Nothing wrong with wanting to shed some pounds if you want to, but I find that people, especially women, tend worry way too much about that stuff. :(

I'm 5'4" morrirri ;__; and currently at 110 lbs but urrr summer is coming and my mom is coming over to visit (she doesnt like Australian winter) and she always comments on my weight when she's here

I just wanna wear short shorts without getting any comments from her and the last time that happened was when I was 98 lbs :<

I'll just aim for 100 or 105 at this stage though cuz I can't stop eating and though my metabolism is super fast, I have been stable at 110.... which, according to most of my friends are an OKAY weight but ya. moms can be monsters when it comes down to self esteem .___.

wauuuuuuuuu
That's awful! 110 lbs is perfectly fine for your height, in fact, it's skinny (but very healthily so)! You absolutely do not need to lose weight, no matter what your mom says to try to shame you. :( I mean if you just want to reach that 100 lbs for yourself then I will say go for it and best of luck, but you shouldn't let your mom pressure you like that, especially considering you're nowhere near to being overweight. Damn, getting comments about your weight if you're overweight is already shitty enough, but getting them when you're in fact quite slender? WTF is wrong with people... Leave our bodies alone, dammit!

Fast & slow metabolism is a myth. Metabolisms don't vary much, people over and underestimate how much they eat. I'm 5'5" and 108 pounds. I don't have a fast metabolism, I just don't eat a lot. 1400/1500 a day if I'm good, but many times only 1200 or less if I forgot or am stressed.

Our ideas of average are skewed by our societies. For example, in Asia and Russia, 5'4" and 100 pounds can be considered "normal," while in America o the UK 5'4" and 130 or 140 pounds is considered "normal."

It doesn't matter what other people think as long as you're okay with yourself.

Similarly, you have no right to dictate how somehow else feels about your body, though I would argue that no one should care about anyone else's body (except for medical professionals while dispensing medical care).

yaaaa bolded part. asian standards about weight is fucked up :x

as for metabolism, i have no idea if its a myth or not, but just as an illustration, i do not eat greens, i only eat meat and potatoes / fries / rice / noodles, and desserts. i'm a huge red meat eater. scotch fillet steak is my favourite meal. i'm also quite a wino, and i have maybe a glass or two of wine with dinners.

also I can't cook (.__.;;;;) so i have KFC like once a week aaaaaa;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

i also go through bags of chips daily :<

i should eat more greens but i can't get used to it. i dont like the taste. cept if they are soaked through and through in some stew or sauce or something :x

im a terrible eater :x but socially, with friends, i'll eat anything cuz i feel it helps everyone to have a good time when there's less picky eaters .... haha :x

my dream is to get my gf to be the ideal wife and then we can start to have proper home-cooked meals hohoho

(it's a fantasy since both of us dislike cooking :x we both rather game / internet / draw instead of cooking :<)

sorry long anecdata :<

Just checked, I'm exactly 121 lbs at this moment, haha. I'm about the same height. My weight varies between 120 lbs and 125 lbs I guess. I think it went as high as 130 when I was on the pill, but I stopped taking it a few years ago for various reasons and saw my weight drop a bit.

But I agree with you, weight is far from the most important part about body health. Nothing wrong with wanting to shed some pounds if you want to, but I find that people, especially women, tend worry way too much about that stuff. :(

That's awful! 110 lbs is perfectly fine for your height, in fact, it's skinny (but very healthily so)! You absolutely do not need to lose weight, no matter what your mom says to try to shame you. :( I mean if you just want to reach that 100 lbs for yourself then I will say go for it and best of luck, but you shouldn't let your mom pressure you like that, especially considering you're nowhere near to being overweight. Damn, getting comments about your weight if you're overweight is already shitty enough, but getting them when you're in fact quite slender? WTF is wrong with people... Leave our bodies alone, dammit!

Aaaa thanks Morri <3 you're so sweet <3

I can't with my mom ;___; she goes through my defences like knife through butter ;___; and she cant help herself kind of a mom. Just keep commenting on things. Weight, hair, what clothes I wear, etc.

I love her to bits, but that side of her is very detrimental to my body-acceptance. She comes from where my cousins and her friends' daughters are all svelte and very weight-watching type of people though so idk. I think in her head, it's normal to want the 'best' for your own daughter. But ya. I get super anxious about my physical self when she's visiting .____.

She also usually brings me stuff from home when she visits. Like she'd shop for me cuz we're the 'same' size. And when she makes me try them on and I struggle into the new pair of jeans, she'd be like doing her faces and making those comments.

>___> I just dont want to deal with thaaaaaaaat aaaaaa

Anastasia

It doesn't matter what other people think as long as you're okay with yourself.

Similarly, you have no right to dictate how somehow else feels about your body, though I would argue that no one should care about anyone else's body (except for medical professionals while dispensing medical care).

It just sucks when people shame you for your weight, or make it seem like there's a problem with you because you don't fit in with what is considered "normal," as you and I have both talked about in this thread.

I'm okay with myself, but I also don't like it when people make assumptions or try to act like they know my body better than I do.

Yrael

I've been on a strict 1500 calorie diet for the past 10 weeks or so, and my weight has dropped from 78.6 kg to 67.5 kg (that's about 173 pounds to 149 pounds, for Americans). My personal ideal weight is 65 kg (143 pounds), so I'm not too far off now. I actually feel pretty healthy, even though by many standards I'd still be considered overweight.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Goddamn, YesNO, that's harsh. So glad I never had to endure that kind of crap from my parents or other relatives.

This reminds me of the wife of a friend of mine. She had a perfectly healthy weight and size, but mayyybe a bit fleshly (nothing I'd remotely call fat, just, y'know, curves). Her husband, my friend, is a fantastic guy and they're super happy and all that, but his family can be really awful. Like his sisters and aunts and cousins would pretty much scorn her because a) she's not Jewish (he is) and b) she comes from a modest French Canadian family, whereas his family is quite wealthy (yep, classist bullshit in 2014, unbelievable really). And she would be more of the geeky type in terms of interests, they'd scorn her because she wouldn't be interested in the same fashion and beauty magazines as they are, etc. And they gave her shit about her appearance, though always in the "subtle", manipulative ways, you know? Basically trying to make her feel like she wasn't good enough for him and so on. Even though she's really very pretty and feminine so I don't even know what their beef is (not that it'd be justified if she were more tomboy, mind, I just don't know WTF their problem is).

The whole thing put pressure on her, as she's quite the sensitive soul, and it started to stress her out so much that she started losing her appetite. So because of that she actually lost quite a bit of weight. Then later at a family meeting, one of the bitchy girls in his family told her as much, like, "Oh, have you lost weight? How'd that go?" and she simply answered, "Yeah, I've been taking care of myself", and they all nodded in approval, and she suddenly raised in their esteem... not knowing that she lost weight because she was stressed out by their constant bitchiness. :S It's so fucked up.

Luckily my friend, her husband, is very kind and supportive and they're one of the most adorable and happy couples I know. ^^ It's such a shame they have to deal with that bullshit from his family. My friend seems to be slowly distancing himself from them, even. I can't blame him, he told me some ugly stories, his dad in particular sounds like a complete dick. Makes me really feel lucky that I get along so nicely with my own in-laws.

Goddamn, YesNO, that's harsh. So glad I never had to endure that kind of crap from my parents or other relatives.

This reminds me of the wife of a friend of mine. She had a perfectly healthy weight and size, but mayyybe a bit fleshly (nothing I'd remotely call fat, just, y'know, curves). Her husband, my friend, is a fantastic guy and they're super happy and all that, but his family can be really awful. Like his sisters and aunts and cousins would pretty much scorn her because a) she's not Jewish (he is) and b) she comes from a modest French Canadian family, whereas his family is quite wealthy (yep, classist bullshit in 2014, unbelievable really). And she would be more of the geeky type in terms of interests, they'd scorn her because she wouldn't be interested in the same fashion and beauty magazines as they are, etc. And they gave her shit about her appearance, though always in the "subtle", manipulative ways, you know? Basically trying to make her feel like she wasn't good enough for him and so on. Even though she's really very pretty and feminine so I don't even know what their beef is (not that it'd be justified if she were more tomboy, mind, I just don't know WTF their problem is).

The whole thing put pressure on her, as she's quite the sensitive soul, and it started to stress her out so much that she started losing her appetite. So because of that she actually lost quite a bit of weight. Then later at a family meeting, one of the bitchy girls in his family told her as much, like, "Oh, have you lost weight? How'd that go?" and she simply answered, "Yeah, I've been taking care of myself", and they all nodded in approval, and she suddenly raised in their esteem... not knowing that she lost weight because she was stressed out by their constant bitchiness. :S It's so fucked up.

Luckily my friend, her husband, is very kind and supportive and they're one of the most adorable and happy couples I know. ^^ It's such a shame they have to deal with that bullshit from his family. My friend seems to be slowly distancing himself from them, even. I can't blame him, he told me some ugly stories, his dad in particular sounds like a complete dick. Makes me really feel lucky that I get along so nicely with my own in-laws.

*____* so jelly at your family, rn morri <3

so glad to hear that your friend's husband is super nice and supportive! We need more people like him!

But yessssssh, the pressure from his side of the family, I'm very familiar with that :x I don't think my mom even understands the stress she puts me through when she's here... haha. In her mind, it's all, "oh my child has let herself go a bit :< i will say something for her benefit! cuz i luuuuuuuuuuuv her to bits and i am looking out for her best interestssss"

I try to talk to her about it, but it's hard. I sort of flubber into tears whenever I try to justify myself to her. I dont even know why. I can have a heated row with people at work, but with my mom it's just ... difficult. She'd have disappointed face, and then I'd raise my voice, then soon enough I'd be in tears, upset and stupid with words :x

ah well, paaaaaaaarents. at least i have a closet full of stuff ............. that i dont actually fit into for most of the year???

XD;;;;

humour side of things ftw :>

Lots of bunbuns wisdom - snip -

If you only eat 2/3rds of a bag of chips, for example, only record calories of bag * 2/3. If you have 5/6th of a can of soda...take those calories and multiple it by 5/6. If you really wanna be hardcore, you can also track the ratio of carbs/fats/protein you eat.

Bunbuns has so much wisdom <3

suzu

When I'm stressed out I tend to snack more. It's a hard habit to break.. This year hasn't been going well for me at all, so I've kinda ballooned up and it's pretty embarrassing when people point it out. :/

That said, I need to start my diet and cut out the unhealthy snacking. lol

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
so glad to hear that your friend's husband is super nice and supportive! We need more people like him!
Indeed, they're the most adorable couple ever. <3

But yessssssh, the pressure from his side of the family, I'm very familiar with that :x I don't think my mom even understands the stress she puts me through when she's here... haha. In her mind, it's all, "oh my child has let herself go a bit :< i will say something for her benefit! cuz i luuuuuuuuuuuv her to bits and i am looking out for her best interestssss"

I try to talk to her about it, but it's hard. I sort of flubber into tears whenever I try to justify myself to her. I dont even know why. I can have a heated row with people at work, but with my mom it's just ... difficult. She'd have disappointed face, and then I'd raise my voice, then soon enough I'd be in tears, upset and stupid with words :x

Awwww. :( Yeah I know the feeling, some people just know us too well and know exactly which buttons to push. Stay strong, YesNO. *hugs*

Top Bottom