• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

ricki42

Hi!
*edit- I just wanted to insert a quote that I read recently and really liked. It's not related to the discussion about DC/comics, but it came from another discussion I was reading about the whole "I'm not like most girls" phrase.

"I am not ashamed to be like most girls. I am ashamed that girls don’t seem to want to be."

It comes from here:
http://twothousandtimes.com/posts/Most-Girls-kb2nY-09-26-2014

The format is hard to read, but I actually really liked it.

Just read that, and I have to say, I don't really agree with most of what she says. First off, I think she really over-analyzes a simple statement someone makes on a date. It might equally well have been the guy who says 'I'm not like most guys'. And really, isn't that what people are looking for in a relationship, someone who is special to them, so not like other people, to them at least.

Most of the examples she lists for being 'like most girls' are really just examples of being human. Up until where she states this
"You are so important. So much more important than you can even realize. You are the only sex that can bring life into this world. When you hold a child to your tit you are the sole sustenance of it’s existence. Someone else relies on you to survive, and women alone are gifted with this incredibly important task."

And this is where I really disagree. First off, I can't just pop a baby into the world all by myself, that's why we have 2 sexes.
Secondly, I really, really, object to how she links a woman's worth to having babies (not to mention on having someone depend on you for survival). I don't have children, I don't want children (, and I don't want anyone's existence to depend on me). Doesn't make me less off a woman or less important. Not to mention women who would like kids but for whatever reason can't. My aunt had some surgery at a young age that meant she could never have kids, my cousin is trans so she obviously can't get pregnant. Doesn't mean they are less important or special.

Sorry for going off on a bit of a rant, but anything that in any way links woman=making babies really sets me off (and I admit that I might well be over-analyzing her statement as well).

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Happy October 1st everyone! I love this month. The pretty leaves, Halloween, and the of course the fashion and scary movies. <3

September was pretty warm here in Michigan despite autumn starting on the 22nd. We had weather in the high 70's until it rained yesterday and now we're sitting in the 60's. 60 degree weather is when I really break out into Autumn fashion so I'm really pumped now that we're about to stay in this zone after tomorrow (given the weather forecast is legit).

Anyone else really get into the spirit for Halloween? I'm debating should I get a costume. I usually spend Halloween passing out candy or taking my little sister trick or treating. If I get a costume this year, I'll have to find somewhere to wear it to haha

Happy October 1st everyone! I love this month. The pretty leaves, Halloween, and the of course the fashion and scary movies. <3

September was pretty warm here in Michigan despite autumn starting on the 22nd. We had weather in the high 70's until it rained yesterday and now we're sitting in the 60's. 60 degree weather is when I really break out into Autumn fashion so I'm really pumped now that we're about to stay in this zone after tomorrow (given the weather forecast is legit).

Anyone else really get into the spirit for Halloween? I'm debating should I get a costume. I usually spend Halloween passing out candy or taking my little sister trick or treating. If I get a costume this year, I'll have to find somewhere to wear it to haha

I get into the fall spirit by baking a lot. I haven't really been involved in Halloween festivities all that much outside of a few college parties. The house that I currently live in (my parents' home) is in a really secluded area with no real neighborhoods, so we don't get trick or treaters at all. We would always have to go into the next town over to do it as kids.

Cat

Happy October ishibear! I am ready. I'm hoping to have a Halloween party at my house this year. Last year, my little girl and I were black cats and I may opt for that again. Other options for myself would be the 10th doctor from Doctor Who, my original plan from last year, or Wendy from Gravity Falls but either one would go significantly better with a wig as opposed to not, and I'm not sure I want to do that. Or I could fall back on an old costume like Jun Kazama from Tekken, was just thinking that last night.

iirate

Yay happy Halloween month :D.

I LOVE Halloween. Not so much the costumes and candy passing (my parents think it's literally Satanic), so until I get my own house I can't decorate :(.

But, I'll be going to Halloween Haunted Horror Night at Universal, Hollywood in a few weeks. Sooooo excited <3

Halloween is probably my favorite holiday, and yet I literally haven't had any plans for it since the start of high school. =(

I couldn't do anything my sophomore year of high school because I had rehearsals for a play I was in. For some reason after that, I just never bothered to celebrate it anymore. I planned on going to a Halloween party with a friend a few years back, but she had to cancel last minute. She wanted to go to a different party the next night instead, but I was busy moving that night. Other than that, most of my adult Halloweens have been spent working. =/

Anastasia

Autumn is my favorite time of the year; I love the weather and how pretty it gets outside. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, but I don't know how into it I'm going to be this year. I'm just going to be sitting inside my house eating candy, so there won't be much of a point in wearing a costume. :p

Once it cools down some more I can break out my favorite pieces of clothing. I might even share some pics with GAF. ^^

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
And this is where I really disagree. First off, I can't just pop a baby into the world all by myself, that's why we have 2 sexes.
Secondly, I really, really, object to how she links a woman's worth to having babies (not to mention on having someone depend on you for survival). I don't have children, I don't want children (, and I don't want anyone's existence to depend on me). Doesn't make me less off a woman or less important.
[...]
Sorry for going off on a bit of a rant, but anything that in any way links woman=making babies really sets me off (and I admit that I might well be over-analyzing her statement as well).
Well said, I can't stand this either. Speaking generally here, not necessarily about that specific blog post, but it's something that really ticks me off.

Anecdotally, I remember having a very mild and mostly amusing "battle of the sexes" trash talking with some guys I was doing a road trip with (I was the only female of the group). It was nothing mean-spirited, just one dude going "oh you girls <stereotype they know full well I don't fit>" and me going back "yeah well you guys <stereotype I knew full well they didn't fit>" back, that kind of banter. I don't remember the details, or even what I said next, but one guy did say at some point, presumably to "take my side", that "women are great! women are goddesses!". I raised an eyebrow, and he said "they're the ones who create life! I adore women!" or something like that. I just said "uh... sure, whatever you say", but deep down I just rolled my eyes. Dude meant well and isn't a misogynist or anything like that, but I find the whole thing just a wee bit distasteful. Putting women on a pedestal because they can carry babies isn't a whole lot better than putting women down because they don't want babies. I mean, I guess it is a bit better, at least it's a positive thing, but it stems from the same antiquated notion, so I don't care for it. If that makes sense. ^^

I LOVE Halloween. Not so much the costumes and candy passing (my parents think it's literally Satanic), so until I get my own house I can't decorate :(.
....What the. Are your parents conservative Christians?

Aw, I wish we had kids doing trick-or-treat where I live. It's not as popular in the UK as it is in the US, and everyone in my building is 20-30 something with no younglings.

It was fun when I shared a little house with some other girls. I did door duty - complimenting the littleuns on their costumes and handing out jammy Wagon Wheels. :D

It's spring here, down under, but I love the season. End of year has that ramping up vibe. We're heading into summer and we're heading towards the new year, thing.

Spring is probably my favourite season, but Autumn comes very close.

Aussies dont really celebrate Halloween :< Wish we do. I'd like to prepare candies and decorate the front a bit for kids. That sounds like awesome fun :> But, yeah, never went as kids and never get any trick-and-treaters :< It's a thing we miss out on!

Morri, thanks for having my back in that thread <3 I have to be mindful and be more aware of how I might come across. I know I dont post the way a lot of other posters do, it might be because I came from a tight-knit LJ community.... I dont know. I find sometimes my posts are treated like 'tone argument' in general, in GAF. People fantasize about liking cute girls in anime, but our voices will not be heard if we do not 'cute' the right way, sort of thing.

Anyway, thanks Morri! <3

bunbuns, I understand where that woman comes from, but yeah I also understand the problematic angle of her argument. But thanks for sharing that article! It's very interesting.

Personally, I love that GirlGAF has very many various kinds of girls, some of us tomboy, some of us girly, some of us quirky, some of us outspoken, others shy, but that we give space and pay respects so that all of us can be included in our various conversations. I think it's great. You girls are wonderful.

OK. Ynnny will post with serious tones from now on (or try anyway) :> Hope you all are having a good day, wherever you are <3

ILU Y'ALL

That sort of .... does not count as a proper spin! But it will do in the meanwhile, I guess.

I love good, long drives tbh <3

And, methinks tis picture time, JoshJosh!

I actually do love driving late at night with no cars on the road. I do it sometimes just for fun.

My new iphone is updating but after sure!

Happy October GirlGAF! It's my birthday today :D I'm 21, so I'm legal in the US now (not that I'm ever in the US for an extended amount of time :p) The weather where I am is certainly feeling and looking very "Octoberish", leaves changing, cold and overcast. Not really looking forward to winter e,e

What do you drive then?

I drive a small car, it's a Toyota Starlet :> It's not much of a looker, but it's very sturdy and I've driven it here and there and back again and it has never failed me... *____* Such a little trooper :>

It's a 2001 model, and I think it's way past its due date, but it just such a reliable little car. Aaaaa

I actually do love driving late at night with no cars on the road. I do it sometimes just for fun.

My new iphone is updating but after sure!

Happy October GirlGAF! It's my birthday today :D I'm 21, so I'm legal in the US now (not that I'm ever in the US for an extended amount of time :p) The weather where I am is certainly feeling and looking very "Octoberish", leaves changing, cold and overcast. Not really looking forward to winter e,e

Happy Birthday Homestuck!

Hope you will have a wonderful day! <333333 21st is such a milestone! :D

Mistel

Banned
I drive a small car, it's a Toyota Starlet :> It's not much of a looker, but it's very sturdy and I've driven it here and there and back again and it has never failed me... *____* Such a little trooper :>

It's a 2001 model, and I think it's way past its due date, but it just such a reliable little car. Aaaaa
That's not that old it's younger than I am.

Once I can drive I'm going to get a big Mopar maybe with a hemi not too sure yet. Or an Old's with a 455 in it. Definitely going to get a Super Bee at some point though. Once I can afford it though of course.

I will let you know once I read through <3 I love the vibes so far though. Very easy to get into, as well.

And yes, windy, but then calmed down and today is looking pretty! The sun is out *____*

OMG that art is sooooooooooo adorable <3 I love the style so much!!! Your characters are awesome, hpro <3

oh wow almost missed this! thanks for the links bunbuns <3 i will read now!!

Thank ya, chica. <3 I just looked at my pdf copy and was really tickled to see that they'd added a bonus art section. Mooooooar Everett!

<3. I linked your book to my partner as well. I've always loved these mediums (picture books? Don't know what it's called).

That thread though. I'm surprised at how many people in there think it's not somewhat problematic or sexist (despite the fact only women's apparel labelled the wearer as the accessory). The problem isn't that a woman can't want to be a wife -____-.

@YesNo-- saw that comment about "Training Batman" and giggled. I would love to get my partner a "Training Supergirl" shirt with a collar on it. Of course, I'd have to get out my Supergirl shirt...

Cheers, BB! :) Hope you guys get a kick out of it. Sparkler calls this kind of work an illustrated light novel, but I think "Beach book with bling" covers that too.

As for that thread, I haven't gone through the whole thing yet, but the latest post I saw ("People get offended over these shirts? smh.") certainly feels like the usual shit. Wahey.

Yeah. Amazing how every woman is saying "yup that's sexist" and the guys go "no it's not, what's wrong with it, come on". Once again, not listening to us. smh

But, Morrigan, plenty of females have no issue with it!

Ahhhhhhhhh I'm in GG.

Hi everybody!

Hallo~

I adore fall in New England. The feel is unbeatable. That cool breeze, the colors, the Halloween fever... I'm so jealous I won't be there for it. I like the Australian summer (I'm a heat lizard), but nothing compares to a New England fall.

Can't even get anyone to watch a horror film with me here. :(

Anastasia

Happy Birthday! That's an important one; I hope yours has been lots of fun! ^^

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Morri, thanks for having my back in that thread <3 I have to be mindful and be more aware of how I might come across. I know I dont post the way a lot of other posters do, it might be because I came from a tight-knit LJ community.... I dont know. I find sometimes my posts are treated like 'tone argument' in general, in GAF. People fantasize about liking cute girls in anime, but our voices will not be heard if we do not 'cute' the right way, sort of thing.

Anyway, thanks Morri! <3
You're welcome! That guy was being very rude, I thought. If there's one thing I dislike, it's people who don't even try to understand the content of someone's post. Basically, bad faith pisses me off.

You know, if I can be very honest for a sec... the first time I saw your posts (I don't recall what it was about, maybe in the Game of Thrones thread, not sure), I first thought, "oh great, a silly spazzy teen who writes all kawaiiiiii". >_> Buuuut I actually read the content of what you wrote and realized you were writing very thoughtful and intelligent posts behind the "kawaii" tone, and very soon I started to find the style more adorable than anything else. So don't change it (unless you want to, of course, but not on some jerk's account), it suits you just fine! :D

Personally, I love that GirlGAF has very many various kinds of girls, some of us tomboy, some of us girly, some of us quirky, some of us outspoken, others shy, but that we give space and pay respects so that all of us can be included in our various conversations. I think it's great. You girls are wonderful.
Absolutely. Very well said.

Happy October GirlGAF! It's my birthday today :D
Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!!!

You're welcome! That guy was being very rude, I thought. If there's one thing I dislike, it's people who don't even try to understand the content of someone's post. Basically, bad faith pisses me off.

You know, if I can be very honest for a sec... the first time I saw your posts (I don't recall what it was about, maybe in the Game of Thrones thread, not sure), I first thought, "oh great, a silly spazzy teen who writes all kawaiiiiii". >_> Buuuut I actually read the content of what you wrote and realized you were writing very thoughtful and intelligent posts behind the "kawaii" tone, and very soon I started to find the style more adorable than anything else. So don't change it (unless you want to, of course, but not on some jerk's account), it suits you just fine! :D

Morri is too awesome *____*

I think guy had some valid points. Thank youuuuu for reassuring that I shouldn't change on the account of another GAF poster, but I really would like to be a better contributor / poster at GAF, so I'm going to try to change my tone :>

As for that gross thread...... Faith in humanity has been reduced today ;___;

Jado

Banned
YesNo, sorry for my tone. I'm admittedly very rude sometimes without meaning to be so much. I actually read your posts thoroughly and thought "this isn't some kid, it's an act from a passive-aggressive troll who knows what he's doing, trying to derail shit and bait me into a losing fight." I've gotten into a lot of heated discussions here and tend to question the motives of people who set off alarm bells. Your posting style is now familiar from old AIM/Yahoo/LJ/DJ stuff from years ago, but unusual nowadays on a place like this. It threw me way off and I misjudged. My bad.

No one's perfect, but this isn't your fault.

Someone attacking your tone and not your argument has obviously never figured out that ad homniem is the king of shitposts.

TBH I'm only surprised that you even bothered replying to him. The moment someone posts something like that (personal attacks instead of argument attacks), they get immediately /ignored. You reacted like you did something wrong when it was completely the other person's fault. I notice a lot of girls do this-- a guy bumps into a girl, and the girl will say sorry! Something something socialization, perhaps?

Don't change unless you want to <3! The idea that women can't be cute&nice and taken seriously at the same time always struck me as the same (terrible) idea that women can't be homemakers and valuable contributors. Your style of writing honestly always struck me as just being a kinder tone than a lot of people (completely 1000000x kinder than myself, by the way, haha. Not fishing, just saying, honestly, you seem really sweet). Your gf is a lucky woman!

I skipped over all the car posts since sorry... I know nothing about cars.

bunbuns you are too cute. hahaha i just want to glomptackle you all the time :x

YesNo, sorry for my tone. I'm admittedly very rude sometimes without meaning to be so much. I actually read your posts thoroughly and thought "this isn't some kid, it's an act from a passive-aggressive troll who knows what he's doing, trying to derail shit and bait me into a losing fight." I've gotten into a lot of heated discussions here and tend to question the motives of people who set off alarm bells. Your posting style is now familiar from old AIM/Yahoo/LJ/DJ stuff from years ago, but unusual nowadays on a place like this. It threw me way off and I misjudged. My bad.

Oooh, dont apologise :O

As I said to Morri just above your post, I think you have a lot of valid points, and I am genuinely trying to take your criticism on board.

:>

Thank you for coming here and apologising though. Very appreciated. You didn't have to, seriously <3.

I really would like it if I can be a better poster and contributing member of GAF, Jado, so really, I think that discussion benefited me in the end. Besides, I too have to apologise for not realising how I come across to you and to the general populace of GAF. I can be tone-deaf and I think only through listening to others' impression and feedback I can improve on my communication skills.

Um. In short, I'm sorry in return for having an irritating posting style and I will try to improve it and I appreciate your inputs :)

Let's be friends :D

Is there such a thing as Mom-GAF? I've got to wonder. How old were you when you became a mom?

I'm in my early 20s and I've been pretty dead set about not having kids. Even when I was in a committed relationship. I just wonder if it's only a a matter of time. I love being an aunt and a sister but it's grueling even for short stints.

Just curious to hear from mom GAF in general if there is such a thing.

I can't feel this way. I hate this time of year: It is cold, dark and drizzly (UK).

Halloween is just an excuse for yobs to be even more yobbish. I just put the bin in front the gate to stop any one getting in as I cannot keep my temper in check if lout teenagers are trying to get their sweeties. Plus there is bonfire night which I hate with a passion. A legal way to obtain dangerous objects that are used for yobbish antics. Idiots get their hands on them early so we have that to look forward to for weeks-and-weeks-and-weeks on end.

I sound miserable but this time of year just seems to sap all my energy and will away. It only seems like 5 minutes ago that the spring was here.

Is there such a thing as Mom-GAF? I've got to wonder. How old were you when you became a mom?

I'm in my early 20s and I've been pretty dead set about not having kids. Even when I was in a committed relationship. I just wonder if it's only a a matter of time. I love being an aunt and a sister but it's grueling even for short stints.

Just curious to hear from mom GAF in general if there is such a thing.

Not it isn't just a matter of time. I have never been interested in having kids, I am 34 and have been in a relationship to the same person for yonks and nothing has happened. If you don't want them then you don't want them. It doesn't just happen.

People make it sound like a switch goes off in your head that makes you want to have a baby. I love kids but I honestly can't think of a single thing that would fuck up my life any more. Being an aunt has been a blast but the stress of having to be responsible for them 24/7 is unimaginable. I value my free time too much.

Heh, thank you :).

This is a little old but still relevant to the discussion: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/28/opinion/sunday/learning-to-love-criticism.html?_r=0

Key points:

This isn't specifically for you, YesNo! It's just really relevant, imo, to the whole "be nice! [or else]" thing we girls often have to fight against :(.

thank you bunbuns <3

very good and illuminating read ! i guess i should try to have more faith in my own natural style ... hmm. i think i'll have to let all of these thoughts sink in and make a decision. thank you for the food for thought! i love broadening my horizon :>

and dont worry, i dont feel like you target me specifically or anything <3 you always strike me as someone who would respect others :>

<3

cyanide, aaaaaah. i think the kids thing.... yeah, i sort of agree with you, i dont think it's for everyone and i dont think there are any trigger that will kick in at some stage in a woman's life. certainly as for myself i have not really been able to envision having kids of my own :x

as for the end of year season, ... aww.. you're like one of my best friends. she loses a lot of her vibrancy towards the halloween/christmassy season. i can understand. it's a particularly higher-key months. i prefer low-key months too, like march (it's sutumn here in march)

SmokyDave

People make it sound like a switch goes off in your head that makes you want to have a baby. I love kids but I honestly can't think of a single thing that would fuck up my life any more. Being an aunt has been a blast but the stress of having to be responsible for them 24/7 is unimaginable. I value my free time too much.
That can happen. I don't think it's something that people should assume is true for everyone, and I think it's poor taste to point it out to someone in a manner that suggests it applies to them, but it does happen. I've known a few women that were staunchly and defiantly against ever having children at 25, that were mothers at 30.

Personally I've swung back and forth. I always wanted children until I hit around 20, and then decided I definitely didn't. I only changed my mind again about 3 years ago (30-31) and now I'm a happy father.

I think it's essential not to look down upon people for their choice, and having children should never be presented as the 'correct' choice.

No there couldn't be anything that could fuck my life up any more. It might sound bad but I just don't like them. There I said it.

Cat

I know Fiction is a mom and soepje is pregnant. I'm a mom. I don't know many other GAF members that have made it known that their moms, but I have wondered about a MomGAF or a ParentGAF.

For some people, I think a switch does go off because there is a biological clock ticking. Plus, the longer you wait, the more risks you and the baby have. I only have one friend who changed her mind, saying she was going to try having kids after all, and then she and her husband changed it back, deciding they would adopt or be foster parents if they ever changed their minds again. I do have a pair of friends who wanted kids but couldn't have them.

Anyway, I love being a mom. It's funny hearing my aunts ask if I knew I wanted kids and really, there was never a doubt in my mind that if everything fell into place for it happen, heck yes, I'd want them. I respect others who feel differently.

I don't think I have ever been so close to proving that spontaneous human combustion is real...

I phoned up my mortgage company as I hadn't received any recent correspondence from them that pertains to a new deal I should be on.

They put me on hold and come back to me saying I am not on a new deal because they hadn't received a payment I was supposed to make. My heart almost stops as the bloody large payment was made last week. After a few minutes of 'conversing' with them they realise the money is there. I have no idea how you can make a mistake like this but I almost passed out.

I don't like shouting at people on the phone as it is usually the fault of higher-up-the-chain people but fuck I almost really lost it.

Not to try and revive it or anything, but there's something about YesNo's posting style that is just infectiously upbeat. Keep on keepin' on!

alsodon'tbackstabmepls

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Don't want kids either, never had the "tick", and I'm 32. I'm sure it's fulfilling and rewarding and yadda-yadda but I'm too selfish to be a mother, I value my free time too much, and I don't really like very young kids much (I don't mind older kids though, like 9+).
I can't feel this way. I hate this time of year: It is cold, dark and drizzly (UK).
So... like the rest of the year? ;)

Jado

Banned
Backslash and YesNo, I wasn't familiar with either of you before yesterday and in that thread thought you were both guys up until very late in the discussion (not for any particular reason, GAF just being majority men). I was still too abrasive, but I wasn't coming from a place of trying to police a woman's tone or put any of you "in your place" in the way it may have come off.

YesNo, your style is odd/quirky but perfectly fine. Don't change who you are. I'm being serious when I say I got on your case because I was reading too much into your words and erroneously thought you were someone's trolling alt account.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Thanks for the feedback everyone :3

I love Spring too. Spring and Autumn are beautiful to me. I hate summer because of power outages and scary storms (I'm terrified of lightning) and Winter is okay for the hot chocolate to stay warm and bundling up, but the ice, deep snow and frost is too much sometimes.

At least the other two are a lot more tame haha Spring has pretty flowers and rain... JUST rain. And Autumn is windy but the leaves look pretty.

Not to try and revive it or anything, but there's something about YesNo's posting style that is just infectiously upbeat. Keep on keepin' on!

alsodon'tbackstabmepls

She's so cute with it lol

I don't think I have ever been so close to proving that spontaneous human combustion is real...

I phoned up my mortgage company as I hadn't received any recent correspondence from them that pertains to a new deal I should be on.

They put me on hold and come back to me saying I am not on a new deal because they hadn't received a payment I was supposed to make. My heart almost stops as the bloody large payment was made last week. After a few minutes of 'conversing' with them they realise the money is there. I have no idea how you can make a mistake like this but I almost passed out.

I don't like shouting at people on the phone as it is usually the fault of higher-up-the-chain people but fuck I almost really lost it.

*hugs* Anything to do with estate agents and mortgages is a complete nightmare. You did well not to go completely apeshit!

I got knocked off my bike on the way home from work so we can be cross together. Grrr!

I'm fine, though - sailed over the handlebars rather gracefully, and was wearing a helmet and gel gloves. When I got over the initial shock of it, I was amazed that I was completely fine. Broke my cycling glasses, but they were less than £5 from eBay.

I suspect the bike might need a bit of TLC though. Harrumph.

*hugs* Anything to do with estate agents and mortgages is a complete nightmare. You did well not to go completely apeshit!

I got knocked off my bike on the way home from work so we can be cross together. Grrr!

I'm fine, though - sailed over the handlebars rather gracefully, and was wearing a helmet and gel gloves. When I got over the initial shock of it, I was amazed that I was completely fine. Broke my cycling glasses, but they were less than £5 from eBay.

brs if ur a grl why do u have a boy as ur avatar

someday

Banned
I don't post here often but YesNO, please don't change your posting style! It is incredibly refreshing and your posts are also really thoughtful. I didn't go into the thread that started all this.

That hand washing thread was disgusting. Urf. I kept thinking that they must be trolling but I guess they weren't. How can anyone be PROUD of the fact that they don't wash their hands after pooping???!!!!???? Urf again.

I'm 44 and I never, ever have wanted children. My last serious relationship ended because she had a child and as much as I loved her, I just could not become a parent. Her kid was also really whiny and difficult to be around. My best friends have a son that I've been close to since birth and I adore that kid (now 14 and much taller than me, the punk!) but I've always been more of a friend with him than a parent. He went through a really difficult few years where he was just awful and I mostly avoided being around him during those years. As much as I love him, I'm often perfectly content when he chooses to stay in his room during dinners. Not really parent material honestly.

Backslash and YesNo, I wasn't familiar with either of you before yesterday and in that thread thought you were both guys up until very late in the discussion (not for any particular reason, GAF just being majority men). I was still too abrasive, but I wasn't coming from a place of trying to police a woman's tone or put any of you "in your place" in the way it may have come off.

YesNo, your style is odd/quirky but perfectly fine. Don't change who you are. I'm being serious when I say I got on your case because I was reading too much into your words and erroneously thought you were someone's trolling alt account.

Aaaaaaaaaaaa thank you <3 I was finding it difficult whole day yesterday making serious sounding posts XD;;;; *phew* But yeah, for the future, I think I will try to keep my playfulness a bit down, cuz I really hate the thought of hurting people or making their days worse, even on forumz.

Anyway, it's understandable that you assumed most GAFfers are men, cuz well... tis GAF, after all :3

Anyway anyway, lets move on ^___^

alsodon'tbackstabmepls

*backstabs beef for the nom!*

She's so cute with it lol

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ishibb is cutelier <3

I don't post here often but YesNO, please don't change your posting style! It is incredibly refreshing and your posts are also really thoughtful. I didn't go into the thread that started all this.

That hand washing thread was disgusting. Urf. I kept thinking that they must be trolling but I guess they weren't. How can anyone be PROUD of the fact that they don't wash their hands after pooping???!!!!???? Urf again.

I'm 44 and I never, ever have wanted children. My last serious relationship ended because she had a child and as much as I loved her, I just could not become a parent. Her kid was also really whiny and difficult to be around. My best friends have a son that I've been close to since birth and I adore that kid (now 14 and much taller than me, the punk!) but I've always been more of a friend with him than a parent. He went through a really difficult few years where he was just awful and I mostly avoided being around him during those years. As much as I love him, I'm often perfectly content when he chooses to stay in his room during dinners. Not really parent material honestly.

haha ty ty. i will keep on keepin on~ ^___^ but i will also tone it down *nods* yup :3

i also the same re: children. idonno... i think i'd like it more if i can only have the good bits. but the difficult bits, the real parenting bits, i think it's beyond me to cope with.... like the disciplining bits, and the setting the rules bits, etc.

x___x

ParentGAF, you have my utmost respect o7

OMG BRS :O

That's scary! I am glad you are okay :O That could have been much worse!!! I salute your safety gears for keeping you relatively unharmed o7 !!!

Poor bikey :x

Making Chicken Parm for the first time tonight! I'm hoping I don't burn the place down.

Mmmmmm Chicken Parma :9

How did it turn outtttt Nineyyyy~

Top Bottom