• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Good luck! Hope it turns out delish~

Mmmmmm Chicken Parma :9

How did it turn outtttt Nineyyyy~

It turned out pretty great! :D I'll have to use some better ingredients next time but otherwise it was tasty~! I made enough for a few days since I'm working at ACL the next three days just in-case the staffing company doesn't provide lunch for us this time, but either way I get to listen to the bands for free. :3

It turned out pretty great! :D I'll have to use some better ingredients next time but otherwise it was tasty~! I made enough for a few days since I'm working at ACL the next three days just in-case the staffing company doesn't provide lunch for us this time, but either way I get to listen to the bands for free. :3

so awesome *_____* i love chicken parma :9

im so lazy and dislike cooking so i have this starry-eyed view of anyone who can / likes to cook *_____*

AWWW YAAAAAS its friiiiidaaaaaaayyy ^_____^

Is there such a thing as Mom-GAF? I've got to wonder. How old were you when you became a mom?

I'm in my early 20s and I've been pretty dead set about not having kids. Even when I was in a committed relationship. I just wonder if it's only a a matter of time. I love being an aunt and a sister but it's grueling even for short stints.

Just curious to hear from mom GAF in general if there is such a thing.

Not a mom yet, but we'll begin trying after Christmas, I think. The whole wanting kids thing did't happen until I was about 27-28, though. Before that I was adamantly against kids and couldn't imagine why anyone would subject themselves to it. I, like you, also enjoyed short stints, but ultimately found them to be draining and unrewarding.

There was no switch or sudden burning desire to have kids. Once I got into my late 20s I just found that I'd done everything I'd ever wanted by then (college, Japan, travel the world, career) and that I was ready to consider looking outside myself (personal goals) for what I wanted for my future. I did like having a sister, was slightly jealous of the homey feeling of close/larger families, and the idea of raising someone and teaching them started to take on a more positive note. If I hadn't been with someone I loved, though, I'm not sure the appeal would have developed into actually wanting kids.

At any rate, I'm 33 now and have a husband who also wants kids, so I'm in a place where we both want it and can support it if it happens. I wouldn't stress about your sit. Enjoy your life, do everything you've dreamed of, and just let things develop as they will. Maybe you'll want kids eventually, maybe you won't. It's no big deal to have kids or not have kids these days, so either way it falls, just keep doing what you want.

Making Chicken Parm for the first time tonight! I'm hoping I don't burn the place down.

Still alive? :D

It's been left up to me to continue the family name which is a big deal to everyone in my family mehh (three older brothers and none of them wanted kids). Luckily I do want kids but I have no idea when. I'm ready financially but my lifestyle right now isn't appropriate for raising them and wouldn't be fair.

suzu

Kids can be fun. I just don't want any. I feel like my soul and energy is being sapped when I watch any of my cousins' kids for more than a few hours (and they're all pretty well-behaved too). lol

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So I was at the mall today and saw an ad that I thought was really sexist... GirlGAF what do you think?

It said (my translation from French), "Fend off zombies while your girlfriend shops a nice pair of shoes".

I don't even remember what the ad was about, but it actually pissed me off. I want to fight off zombies too, fuck shoes!

So I was at the mall today and saw an ad that I thought was really sexist... GirlGAF what do you think?

It said (my translation from French), "Fend off zombies while your girlfriend shops a nice pair of shoes".

I don't even remember what the ad was about, but it actually pissed me off. I want to fight off zombies too, fuck shoes!

BUT WHAT IF THE SHOES ARE ZOMBIES :x

i think its an ad for one of those phone games. apparently BFs accompany their GFs to shopping trips and to fight boredom out of their skulls, they play games on their phones.

:x

.... zombies scare me actually. but i always wants to be them. but scares me. like i played Rising Dead and i was scared everytime they mob at my face. so im scared of myself, basically.

*makes no sense, as usual*

Also, I'd totally rock zombie shoes. Unless they used to be someone else's feet. Then it wont be nice of me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Not it isn't just a matter of time. I have never been interested in having kids, I am 34 and have been in a relationship to the same person for yonks and nothing has happened. If you don't want them then you don't want them. It doesn't just happen.

While it doesn't just happen, things don't necessarily stay the same for everyone either. Personal views can change as you live your life and the best advice I can give is to be prepared to accept that. I didn't think I would have kids as early as I did (my wife and I had our first at 28), but after my dad passed away I took a long look at my life situation and realized I had a pretty solid life situation and was ready to go for it and my wife felt the same way.

*hugs* Anything to do with estate agents and mortgages is a complete nightmare. You did well not to go completely apeshit!

I got knocked off my bike on the way home from work so we can be cross together. Grrr!

I'm fine, though - sailed over the handlebars rather gracefully, and was wearing a helmet and gel gloves. When I got over the initial shock of it, I was amazed that I was completely fine. Broke my cycling glasses, but they were less than £5 from eBay.

I suspect the bike might need a bit of TLC though. Harrumph.

Sorry but your description did make me laugh. I am glad your glasses are the biggest victim. How did the bike fair?

Oh my god. I would have been so pissed, too.

IMO if you want, you can write a strongly-worded letter saying how disappointed you were with the company, and how horribly the entire situation was handled. I do that if something has been ridiculously bad.

A complaint has been filed over another issue that arose from our conversation; they will be contacting me next week. I look forward to that exchange...

While it doesn't just happen, things don't necessarily stay the same for everyone either. Personal views can change as you live your life and the best advice I can give is to be prepared to accept that. I didn't think I would have kids as early as I did (my wife and I had our first at 28), but after my dad passed away I took a long look at my life situation and realized I had a pretty solid life situation and was ready to go for it and my wife felt the same way.

I suspect you didn't read my later message...

I have more chance of doing a round trip to Neptune and winning the lottery 52 weeks consecutively than having kids.

I have very strong feelings about not having them. It is one of two things I feel incredibly strongly about in my life that I will stick to until my dying day.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sorry but your description did make me laugh. I am glad your glasses are the biggest victim. How did the bike fair?

A complaint has been filed over another issue that arose from our conversation; they will be contacting me next week. I look forward to that exchange...

I suspect you didn't read my later message...

I have more chance of doing a round trip to Neptune and winning the lottery 52 weeks consecutively than having kids.

I have very strong feelings about not having them. It is one of two things I feel incredibly strongly about in my life that I will stick to until my dying day.

Similar here. We've been together 12 years and I just don't see it happening. We will get more animals, definitely. But human children? We are happy just borrowing our friends' ones from time to time.

Cat

I only read the whole thing because I feel obligated to before I link things, but at least someone's talking about this pet peeve of mine: The Gender Politics of Pockets

I wear pants a lot, and it drives me bonkers how much I have to hunt down and carefully examine each pair of pants in my search for pockets (gotta make sure they're not fake), sometimes even resorting to men's clothing, just for the obvious option.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I only read the whole thing because I feel obligated to before I link things, but at least someone's talking about this pet peeve of mine: The Gender Politics of Pockets

I wear pants a lot, and it drives me bonkers how much I have to hunt down and carefully examine each pair of pants in my search for pockets (gotta make sure they're not fake), sometimes even resorting to men's clothing, just for the obvious option.
Holy shit, I love this article. It's so true. I actually bought a nice autumn coat on sale last year, it was dirt cheap so I thought why not... until I realized later that I neglected to check for pockets, so my hands were often freezing (even with gloves on, sometimes gloves are enough if it's fairly mild but not always). Ditto for jeans, all my pants have pockets since they're jeans but they're often tiny. When my boyfriend and I go out, he often brings his 3DS, and I'd often ask, "oh, you forgot it?" and he'd just pat at his jeans pocket. "WTF? It fits in that?" "Of course, why wouldn't it," he says. Then I turn my jeans pocket inside out and he goes "Oh..." xD My pants pockets are so puny, my phone (a Samsung Galaxy S3) doesn't fit properly (or at all) in any of them. So I always carry it in my purse, but yeah, it's annoying. Sometimes my pockets are so puny as to be decorative and I can't even fit my keys in, it's ridiculous!

Having small pockets doesn't bother me too much at this point, but sometimes they do.

It sums up a lot of womens' clothing: functionality and practicality out the window. The times my phone has fallen out the miniscule pockets of my trousers is numerous; how it still works is a miracle.

so true

i love pockets whyyyyyyy am i denied of them whyyyyyyy

ricki42

It's one of the first things I check when buying pants these days. Luckily I mostly wear non-skinny jeans, and most of them have pockets that are at least deep enough to hold keys and a wallet.
But I have a pair of chinos for slightly dressier occasions, and the back pockets on those are too small for a wallet and the front pockets are so shallow and at such a weird angle that I really have to be careful not to lose my keys.
I'm not a purse-person, so I usually end up lugging my backpack everywhere like I'm going for a hike or something. I guess I should get a smaller bag but I also don't want to start a bag collection just so I have something for every occasion when a few appropriately-sized pockets would do the trick.

When my boyfriend and I go out, he often brings his 3DS, and I'd often ask, "oh, you forgot it?" and he'd just pat at his jeans pocket. "WTF? It fits in that?" "Of course, why wouldn't it," he says.

I got so jealous when I saw a friend of mine do that.

Then I turn my jeans pocket inside out and he goes "Oh..." xD My pants pockets are so puny, my phone (a Samsung Galaxy S3) doesn't fit properly (or at all) in any of them. So I always carry it in my purse, but yeah, it's annoying. Sometimes my pockets are so puny as to be decorative and I can't even fit my keys in, it's ridiculous!

I have one of these. Looks about as dorky as it gets, but it's convenient and I don't need to bring anything else when I just want to go for lunch or something. The holster thing mentioned in the article already looks a lot nicer though.

Ethranes

Hey what's up. I've been going out with this girl for like a month, was staying with her last week at her place, and like she's really self conscious about her body, like, the first time I went to finger her she just shut down and hid under the blanket, and she would only let me have sex with her from behind. Thing is she is not into foreplay or anything at all. We'll go to bed she'll lie on her front or on her side and just be like, stick it in me when you're ready.

She's also mad jealous, she's chinese and we live in the UK so she's always like you should find a nice white girlfriend, and saying that shes obviously not my type and stuff. I don't know, what can I say to her, I've already been reassuring her for weeks.

Kimaka

Fake pockets make me rage. They are so stupid. What is the point of having the appearance of pockets and being unable to use them?

I have an Android so I'm used to uncomfortably large phones. I had to get a case with a clip to feel comfortable enough to put it in my pocket.

Apparently I don't use front pockets all that often. I had a certain pair of pants for about a month or 2 before trying to put something in the pocket and realizing, wtf?? no pockets??

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hey what's up. I've been going out with this girl for like a month, was staying with her last week at her place, and like she's really self conscious about her body, like, the first time I went to finger her she just shut down and hid under the blanket, and she would only let me have sex with her from behind. Thing is she is not into foreplay or anything at all. We'll go to bed she'll lie on her front or on her side and just be like, stick it in me when you're ready.

She's also mad jealous, she's chinese and we live in the UK so she's always like you should find a nice white girlfriend, and saying that shes obviously not my type and stuff. I don't know, what can I say to her, I've already been reassuring her for weeks.

Hi to you too.

I just wanted to say hi to GG. I might drop in sometimes if that's okay.

Drop in, feet up, cup of tea 😄

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Has anyone here watched yesterday's Daily Show? I thought the segment on sexism was spot on. Just thought I'd share.

I haven't seen it yet, but The Daily Show is generally great when it comes to these things.

The other day, they had this woman, I think it was senator Kirsten Gillibrand, who was talking about sexual assault in the military, and in college campuses, etc. And Jon Stewart said something so nice, that I wanted to cross the screen and hug him. The guest was talking about how the burden is always on the woman for avoiding her own assaults (what are you wearing, where are you going, what were you drinking, etc.) and that we're taught to "watch out" for these things since we're young. And then Stewart said something about, "seems to me, we should focus our energy on teaching boys not to drink so much that they'll end up sexually assaulting people, instead of telling girls what not to drink".

Amazes me when I see snark on the Internet about "but we already know rape is bad DUH what's the point in teaching boys", yet this older man gets it, and even says it like it's obvious. Very refreshing.

Anastasia

My opinion on pockets is that since they are inherently a functional element they might as well actually be functional, or else they should not be there at all. With "avant garde" fashion I won't hold it against a designer if he or she does not include pockets on something, if it does not suit their vision for the garment; but for most other fashion (high fashion or not) I would expect pockets in this day and age, and pockets that I can use. Like the article said, we live in an increasingly technocentric world, and it simply makes sense to have functional pockets. I think part of the cause is sexist, and part of it is just lazy and ignorant design, which was also alluded to in the article. There is a lot of clothing that is churned out without much thought put into it. I don't think an accessory is the proper solution, but I would be fine with that as another option; the problem is with the pockets themselves. If you are going to make clothing that is meant for everyday life, then you should include real, functional pockets.

SmokyDave

Kissing. Lots and lots of kissing. Horizontal kissing. Naked kissing. Slow kissing. Tender kissing. Passionate kissing. Forget the sex and take it back to basics.

Reassuring ain't working so just shrug off the comments and have a laugh about it. Stuff like an exaggerated 'wait, you're not white?!' or 'yes dear, I'll get right on that after you come over here and give me a kiss'.

Stop pandering, start crackin' wise. Subtly present the idea that such an idea is preposterous because you're perfectly happy as you are.

Just my tuppence worth.

Mistel

Banned
I can't wear skinny jeans without depriving myself of pockets or making stuff really hard to get in and out of them it's a shame they make my legs look longer.

Kisaya

I can't wear skinny jeans without depriving myself of pockets or making stuff really hard to get in and out of them it's a shame they make my legs look longer.

I'm wearing an amazing pair of leather pants that make me look hot as fuck, but I'm literally storing all my crap in my bra >_<

Dash_

I never really miss pockets as I take my bag everywhere I go with me. I do wish they wouldn't make the fake pockets look so rubbish though.

fake pockets are so insulting :<

omg GG its already sunday night here why

;__;

where did my weekend go ;____;

on another note, i bought myself a new pair of flats on the weekend :D very excite! they are periwinkle blue ^____^

Kisaya

So my boyfriend recently got me a few pairs of nice thigh highs and tights... and I like them a lot :eek:! It's a new look for me to try, excited to put an outfit together :)

So my boyfriend recently got me a few pairs of nice thigh highs and tights... and I like them a lot :eek:! It's a new look for me to try, excited to put an outfit together :)

I'm so bad at shopping for clothing for girls. I'm super impressed with your bf. Gift cards save me lol.

Kisaya

I'm so bad at shopping for clothing for girls. I'm super impressed with your bf. Gift cards save me lol.

Haha, I had actually picked them out from a site he gave me ^_^; He's picked out a piece of clothing or two for me before though!

I feel you about the gift cards. It can be so hard to get someone a nice gift. I used to just ask people to send me wishlists to make it easier, lol.

Haha, I had actually picked them out from a site he gave me ^_^; He's picked out a piece of clothing or two for me before though!

I feel you about the gift cards. It can be so hard to get someone a nice gift. I used to just ask people to send me wishlists to make it easier, lol.

Ahhhhh I see! I'm still impressed though! I'm pretty good at getting gifts if it's something I know but you can't really go wrong with gift cards :)

That's awesome!!!

That style is super cute, too I think :D

You and your bf so fab <3 putting new outfits together is always so exciting :D

And yesssssssss gift cards are life savers!!

Anastasia

I really like that kind of look. A couple of months back I got a pair of shorts, and I was thinking of wearing them the way they were originally styled:

9sz0dHD.jpg

It's a sexy but still understated look.

soepje

Lol, i never really thought about it for some reason. I'm not much of a purse or handbag person, i just forget and loose those things. So i always use the pockets of my coat for my things. If i'm not taking my coat, i just leave the stuff at home or have the person i'm with carry my my phone and cash. Not very handy really, so damn those female pockets indeed :p!

Koriandrr

I really like that kind of look. A couple of months back I got a pair of shorts, and I was thinking of wearing them the way they were originally styled:

9sz0dHD.jpg

It's a sexy but still understated look.

That material is a pain in the ass to take care of.
If it's something less shiny, maybe wool, since winter is coming and all that.
I do love wool shorts in the winter. I hate winter tights with a passion though, so I end up having frozen legs in the winter, because I go for normal 40den or whatever tights.

Speaking of tights - I always have so much trouble finding ones in my natural skin colour. I'm super pale and most tights just make my legs look darker/yellower than my actual skin, so it doesn't match my face/hands. It really bothers me.

Anastasia

That material is a pain in the ass to take care of.
If it's something less shiny, maybe wool, since winter is coming and all that.
I do love wool shorts in the winter. I hate winter tights with a passion though, so I end up having frozen legs in the winter, because I go for normal 40den or whatever tights.

Speaking of tights - I always have so much trouble finding ones in my natural skin colour. I'm super pale and most tights just make my legs look darker/yellower than my actual skin, so it doesn't match my face/hands. It really bothers me.

It's not as durable as wool, but it's not too bad. For those shorts in particular, the fabric is pretty thick, and there is a lot of stitching throughout; they are really well made.

I'm pale as well and have resigned myself to just wearing black or very dark tights in cold weather. In warmer weather I will go for something sheer, which will match my skin tone. But you're right in that there aren't enough color options for us pale folk.

I like that outfit too but I dont have the sass to rock that style :<

And, bunbuns! how are youuuuu

Yessssh, missing GAF for a few days feels like it's longer than it really is, doesnt it XD

i need to work out these tights fashion style. it's very appealing :>

Top Bottom