• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

<3 I missed you!

Here are some of my favorite pictures/inspirations.

2a6e9bfc3db3b43e69079b081be7b7cc.jpg

cc7707dbee2a5642e7485dc1e025dded.jpg

5eedba30a94894b865c41b1e3dfd3dc7.jpg

http://www.pinterest.com/sophisticatique/cool-weather-outfits/

A lot of people say wearing just tights and showing your ass is kinda lame/tacky/wrong. Honestly, I do it and I don't care, but it is tight and definitely revealing. I'm a slut though, and loveeee wearing some borderline inappropriate stuff :p.

oh those are so luuuuuuuuuuuuvly *____*

i dont think i've got anything in my wardrobe that are close to these styles though. aaaaaah

..... :> more excuses for shopping trip!!!

XD

aaaaaaah bunbuns so courageous *____* i have a very reserved taste in outfits that it's borderline boring :x i think i need to experiment more! :D yaaaaaaaay

this is how i dress, usually:

crX7fT2.jpg

Anastasia

My favorite pieces for fall and winter are things like long coats, fitted and flared skirts and tops, longer fitted dresses, and menswear inspired details. I also love scarves for how they can add movement to an outfit, or provide a little extra personality if needed. Also simple jewelry in polished gold or silver, to add a bit of luxury. Or a thin polished belt. My main inspiration though is that less is more; adding more only if it's necessary.

Edited to include some more pictures I really like!

wowowowo kathryn *____*

those are very classy style <3 wish it's going back for the fall again here, but we're cycling towards summer down under :<

i love overcoats *____*

Sai-kun

Banned
That outfit is cute! Too bad it's not work-professional for me.

I wish winter was coming here in so-Cal. It's a beautiful 90F right now ;__;.

As a pretty pale chick with dark hair, I go with black fleece tights and black boots, paired w/various tops. Pinterest is a life-saver. I have no fashion sense otherwise.

(BTW how have y'all been? I've been at ACL...missing four days of GAF feels like I missed a month Dx)

ACL is a fantastic festival. I feel the same way though after every festival haha. I miss too much of GAF and Tumblr and other sites to catch up on!

also hello everyone

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ACL is a fantastic festival. I feel the same way though after every festival haha. I miss too much of GAF and Tumblr and other sites to catch up on!

also hello everyone

I hate ACL but thats because I worked the gates for 3 days and people don't know to aim for the target on the scanner for some reason. (My feet burn so much.)

Anastasia

wowowowo kathryn *____*

those are very classy style <3 wish it's going back for the fall again here, but we're cycling towards summer down under :<

i love overcoats *____*

I love overcoats too. ^^ I can't wait for the temperature to drop some more. Most of my favorite pieces of clothing are for fall and winter, and have just been lonely sitting in my closet. But not for much longer!

I love overcoats too. ^^ I can't wait for the temperature to drop some more. Most of my favorite pieces of clothing are for fall and winter, and have just been lonely sitting in my closet. But not for much longer!

aaaaaaaaaah <3 that's so exciting :D hope you will get to wear them out soon ^____^

and hiiii sai-kun o/

Boardwalk Empire is pretty :> I love the costumes and the set. I love all a lot of the period titles for the same reason, actually. Downton Abbey and Mad Men are also very gorgeous, I think :>

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I just dealt with some creep.

I was walking away from the cash till at work and he goes "Hey baby can you ring me through?" So I responded "Yeah I can and please don't call me baby, I'm not comfortable with it" to which he says "Um okay then, how about sweetheart?" and I go "No, please stop. I'm not comfortable with that either. Do you have an air miles card?" and he just looks pissed and is like "Okay whatever then. I don't do plastic cards so no and I don't like this generation" and I just rolled my eyes and rung him through.

I could tell he was thinking I was a prude when it was more like "Hey I don't fucking know you so don't call me baby or sweetheart, k?"

<3 I missed you!

Here are some of my favorite pictures/inspirations.

2a6e9bfc3db3b43e69079b081be7b7cc.jpg
5eedba30a94894b865c41b1e3dfd3dc7.jpg

http://www.pinterest.com/sophisticatique/cool-weather-outfits/

A lot of people say wearing just tights and showing your ass is kinda lame/tacky/wrong. Honestly, I do it and I don't care, but it is tight and definitely revealing. I'm a slut though, and loveeee wearing some borderline inappropriate stuff :p.

Uggggghhhhh, I really like these. I desire that jacket greatly.

My favorite pieces for fall and winter are things like long coats, fitted and flared skirts and tops, longer fitted dresses, and menswear inspired details. I also love scarves for how they can add movement to an outfit, or provide a little extra personality if needed. Also simple jewelry in polished gold or silver, to add a bit of luxury. Or a thin polished belt. My main inspiration though is that less is more; adding more only if it's necessary.

Edited to include some more pictures I really like!

These are so classy. I'm not a huge fan of the pillbox suit style, but they really are striking if you can pull them off.

I'd totally wear these, though:

hi baby!!! :**

Btw outfit pic #1 (sorry for how washed out it is, my camera was being a POS)

You sure you don't want to reconsider your career and just be a catalog model? :D

Loooove the stockings. Where can those be achieved?

I was walking away from the cash till at work and he goes "Hey baby can you ring me through?" So I responded "Yeah I can and please don't call me baby, I'm not comfortable with it" to which he says "Um okay then, how about sweetheart?" and I go "No, please stop. I'm not comfortable with that either. Do you have an air miles card?" and he just looks pissed and is like "Okay whatever then. I don't do plastic cards so no and I don't like this generation" and I just rolled my eyes and rung him through.

I could tell he was thinking I was a prude when it was more like "Hey I don't fucking know you so don't call me baby or sweetheart, k?"

They always think it's suuuuuuuch a compliment. Yuck.

Btw outfit pic #1 (sorry for how washed out it is, my camera was being a POS)

Wow, that's a nice look, Kisaya! I love those tights *___* You pull that look off so well <3

ashdkajghfkdjhfaksjdh what a passive aggressive jerk :<

i hate those types. hate hate hate.

no, duder, you dont automatically have the rights to fab and cute responses when you are behaving like an entitled creep :x how hard is this concept to get???? :x

so sorry to hear you had to deal with that wazzzzaaaaa

Wazzy

Banned
They always think it's suuuuuuuch a compliment. Yuck.
Yeah it's weird how common it is and how defensive they get when people ask them not to say it.

Instead of backing down and apologizing, he becomes more aggressive and defensive. It also didn't help that he was super loud and obnoxious.
ashdkajghfkdjhfaksjdh what a passive aggressive jerk :<

i hate those types. hate hate hate.

no, duder, you dont automatically have the rights to fab and cute responses when you are behaving like an entitled creep :x how hard is this concept to get???? :x

so sorry to hear you had to deal with that wazzzzaaaaa

Thanks YesNO! It's okay, he seemed pretty embarrassed after the whole thing since people were giving him dirty looks and I never backed down from his attitude.

It's just funny that he reacted so badly to someone asking to not call them something they're not comfortable with.

Yeah it's weird how common it is and how defensive they get when people ask them not to say it.

Instead of backing down and apologizing, he becomes more aggressive and defensive. It also didn't help that he was super loud and obnoxious.

Thanks YesNO! It's okay, he seemed pretty embarrassed after the whole thing since people were giving him dirty looks and I never backed down from his attitude.

It's just funny that he reacted so badly to someone asking to not call them something they're not comfortable with.
hey toots

Ugh, I just watched the Flash pilot. It had some issues. If you haven't seen it, let me sum it up for you.

Barry: Help! My foster sister friend zoned me! Tell me how to force her to love me! I can't live without her calling my interests nerdy and trying to talk about celebrities instead of my actual interests!
*flashback* Barry's mom seems to have character. Kill her quick!
*Origin explanation* Throw science words out in a meaningless string. The audience won't notice that they don't relate to each other anyway. Barry meets attractive female professional, tells her to smile.
*Super powers manifest* All males in Barry's life sneer at him and tell him to man up.
*Anticlimax* Males all conspire to not tell the girl what's up. After all, super powers could put her in danger. Best to make sure she's ignorant to prevent her being targeted.

I liked the special effects I guess?

:<

awwwww whyyyyyyyyyyy

:< the flash is one of my all time fav superhero
power

did he look like this?

hF07iEQ.jpg

Phil S.

Banned
Hello everyone. I've been a lurker on GAF for about six years now, but I don't really follow GirlGAF. I guess that's a good thing, as I would think it'd be creepy if I was following these threads since their inception while being a lurker!

I have a question regarding posting regularly on message boards, forums, specifically areas where a lot of males post on.

I know as for me, I can't help but internally or even audibly groan when I see posters on the gaming side post things in hype threads like "I just came", "all over my tits", and so forth-- or worse yet, posting GIFs of men enacting actions that resemble self-pleasuring. >_>. It's embarrassing to me, and I can't help but wonder what female users take away from posts like that.

Does it annoy you? Do I just need thicker skin and a more carefree attitude? Well, the latter is probably true regardless!

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. If it is, I'll remove it and replace it with something else. Thanks!

Wazzy

Banned
I'm watching Flash pilot right now and I don't think it's that bad. The smile comment he got told off for so I don't really think it was a negative. Also we knew about his mom dying in Arrow so that wasn't a random idea.

did he look like this?

hF07iEQ.jpg

Don't compare him to this guy. ; ;

Irvine was my least favourite of the guys look wise so I don't actually care. I'm all about dat Squall, Raijin and Seifer

I'm watching Flash pilot right now and I don't think it's that bad. The smile comment he got told off for so I don't really think it was a negative. Also we knew about his mom dying in Arrow so that wasn't a random idea.

Don't compare him to this guy. ; ;

Irvine was my least favourite of the guys look wise so I don't actually care. I'm all about dat Squall, Raijin and Seifer

oooh, some hope for flash :D

and im with you wazzaaaaa seifer was my fav <3

also, hi phil s!

i donno about the other girls, but i've gotten a bit desensitized by those sorts of messages... like i read them and they cause mild annoyance like if you see a silly ad as you driving past or walking somewhere .....

.... i guess i shouldn't be so blase about it though???? cuz it's pretty gender-biased :x but yeah, it's soooooooo everywhere, that i gloss over them these days. i dont think you are odd for suffering some second-degree embarrassment about them though!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hello everyone. I've been a lurker on GAF for about six years now, but I don't really follow GirlGAF. I guess that's a good thing, as I would think it'd be creepy if I was following these threads since their inception while being a lurker!

I have a question regarding posting regularly on message boards, forums, specifically areas where a lot of males post on.

I know as for me, I can't help but internally or even audibly groan when I see posters on the gaming side post things in hype threads like "I just came", "all over my tits", and so forth-- or worse yet, posting GIFs of men enacting actions that resemble self-pleasuring. >_>. It's embarrassing to me, and I can't help but wonder what female users take away from posts like that.

Does it annoy you? Do I just need thicker skin and a more carefree attitude? Well, the latter is probably true regardless!

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. If it is, I'll remove it and replace it with something else. Thanks!
I don't mind them much. It's a bit crass but really fairly harmless as far as I'm concerned, especially if it's about a non-sexual reason (e.g. someone excited about a game).=

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

It doesn't bother me that much. I'm not that keen on the use of 'rape' though. I guess I just kind of expect homosocial mutual testicle stroking from people who play video games and post on the Internet.

I can't say it annoys me; I haven't given it much thought.

I just wish I could work up as much excitement about things.
Not in the way they describe of course...

Mistel

Banned
Wouldn't "cum all over my tits" make more sense than "I just came" or "all over my tits"? Or is that a bit too forward and crass of me?

Neidii

GIFS and stupid images and such mostly doesn't bother me that much, the worst thing I know is when women express their opinion about something in games that they feel could be different (sexist stuff or things like that) and the male audience shits all over that opinion. That's much more annoying for me personally.

GIFS and stupid images and such mostly doesn't bother me that much, the worst thing I know is when women express their opinion about something in games that they feel could be different (sexist stuff or things like that) and the male audience shits all over that opinion. That's much more annoying for me personally.

yeah, bolded part is definitely much, much more annoying *nodsnods

I hate it. It's incredibly off putting and gross.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Indeed. Or being called a prude who hates sex when you dare question the artistic direction of some games. That one's always a riot.

Kisaya

You sure you don't want to reconsider your career and just be a catalog model? :D

Loooove the stockings. Where can those be achieved?

Haha, I met up with this woman the other day to sell her my comic con ticket, and she made the same comment that I should look into modeling. It's really not that much of an interest of mine but I would try it out xP

They're these btw!

Wazzy

Banned
I've been fangirling for the past few days over Squalls Gunblade being made by MAN AT ARMS.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GgijhlKbSc

It looks and works amazing. Only thing they botched was the Griever pendant.

Yes he did! She put him down like a volunteer vet at the inhumane society. I enjoyed that line.

My issue is more that I can't sympathize at all with Barry. He is chasing a woman who is both wrong for him and not interested, he is just sort of a wet rag with no apparent personality, and he has no confidence. Perhaps it will improve over time though, the pilot was stuffed full of events. I just wish Iris (?) had value, if she's an indication of the standard female character in the show I won't have ANYone to root for.

The mom dying is certainly less severe, although I haven't watched Arrow at all.
Oh that's totally fair. I think the Iris stuff is just taking from the comics.

But yeah seeing her call him out for the smile comment was sooooo good.

Top Bottom