• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Leeness

Thanks for all your well wishes for my doge, everyone. Makes me feel a little better. She's still happy and in high spirits, but still limping :(

How is your dog? What is her name?

The limping might just be achy bones / muscles. What is the temperature like where you are? Age brings about stiffness of joints / tissue such as rheumatism.

She might have pulled something. Sometimes the most innocuous things such as just walking or getting up can end up pulling a muscle.

She's still happy... Just almost 15 years old. :( Her name is Kayla! Also goes by Kayla May, Mayla, and Lrr. Lol.

It's a combination of cold, achey old dog bones and a fatty lump she has on her leg. :( the lump is kind of an "old dog" thing that developed in the last year and my mom was worried Kayla wouldn't really survive any kind of surgery to remove it anyway. :( It's never hurt her, it's never caused her any pain, it's just gotten quite a bit bigger the last month or so :(

Thanks for all your well wishes for my doge, everyone. Makes me feel a little better. She's still happy and in high spirits, but still limping :(

She's still happy... Just almost 15 years old. :( Her name is Kayla! Also goes by Kayla May, Mayla, and Lrr. Lol.

It's a combination of cold, achey old dog bones and a fatty lump she has on her leg. :( the lump is kind of an "old dog" thing that developed in the last year and my mom was worried Kayla wouldn't really survive any kind of surgery to remove it anyway. :( It's never hurt her, it's never caused her any pain, it's just gotten quite a bit bigger the last month or so :(

aaaa kayla *____* such a pretty name :>

LRRRR is the best though <3 ha ha~

pls send my hugs to lrr. and here's a dog that made me laugh like stupid at work today

So, been playing Halo MCC a lot lately. After hours of effort, and working around the games buggy achievement system, I've finally done it.

dyI8FLm.png

All while doing it solo baby!

MOBA's look way too stressful for me. Trying to learn a game while knowing that other people are relying on me is not the kind of stress I enjoy.
haha, fair enough. Mobas can get pretty stressful, especially for people playing with me :p I've had quite a few friends rage quit in the middle of a game and vow that they were going to uninstall (they never did).

I hope she's okay :( at least she's not in pain! She looks a lot like my dog. Which breed is she?
I'm trying to figure out how to even pronounce Lrr ><

I wanna eat the pink one since pink donut equates to more delicious to me for some reason.
Yeah, pink donuts are the best flavour. It is known.

I am glad Kayla is doing okay. At the age of 15 an anaesthetic would be very risky.

What colour and texture is the lump?

My doggy is thirteen and he limps here or there during the cold, but every time I bring him to the vet to get it checked out they say he's in perfectly good shape. It could just bee arthritis.Hopefully Kayla feel better and it's just the winter effecting her.

Edit: Sorry if there are any misspellings. I'm kinda drunk.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Love the donut comics!

A bit late to the discussion but I did play Smite for a while but I quit because quite a few times I ended up getting griefed by people on my own team, or have to watch them griefing others on the same team (Smite only has inter-team text chat, which you can't switch off afaik). Sometimes I'd even be playing well, but there was just this culture of hyper-aggression all the time - "ks", "noob", "report feeder pls", "muthafukka" etc etc etc. I don't want to have any contact with people like that, it's bad for the soul. Shame though, it was a good game. I did play with some GAFfers once and that was just night and day - super amazing players who were all absolutely lovely. But damn US time difference!

Also DA:I came out in the UK today. I've already played umm 10 hours of it (yay preload and no sleep!). I'm really amazed by it so far, although it's frightening how the hours just disappeared.

Love the donut comics!

A bit late to the discussion but I did play Smite for a while but I quit because quite a few times I ended up getting griefed by people on my own team, or have to watch them griefing others on the same team (Smite only has inter-team text chat, which you can't switch off afaik). Sometimes I'd even be playing well, but there was just this culture of hyper-aggression all the time - "ks", "noob", "report feeder pls", "muthafukka" etc etc etc. I don't want to have any contact with people like that, it's bad for the soul. Shame though, it was a good game. I did play with some GAFfers once and that was just night and day - super amazing players who were all absolutely lovely. But damn US time difference!

Also DA:I came out in the UK today. I've already played umm 10 hours of it (yay preload and no sleep!). I'm really amazed by it so far, although it's frightening how the hours just disappeared.

I like online gaming and aggression is one of those things that seem to go hand-in-hand with it unfortunately. I assume it must be hormonal men getting all stewed up.

Last night I was watching my boyfriend playing Battlefield 4. He was shooting at a tank with a rocket launcher and a player on the other team ran in front and got killed. This lead to my boyfriend being called a "noob" because he had used a rocket launcher. Why in the name of sanity these people cannot just calm down is beyond me. I know this was mild online aggression but the principal of it all is what antagonises me so much.

I almost took over and typed out my thoughts along the lines of "next time both players can agree to doff our hats and agree to pistols at dawn." Bloody morons.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I like online gaming and aggression is one of those things that seem to go hand-in-hand with it unfortunately. I assume it must be hormonal men getting all stewed up.

Last night I was watching my boyfriend playing Battlefield 4. He was shooting at a tank with a rocket launcher and a player on the other team ran in front and got killed. This lead to my boyfriend being called a "noob" because he had used a rocket launcher. Why in the name of sanity these people cannot just calm down is beyond me. I know this was mild online aggression but the principal of it all is what antagonises me so much.

I almost took over and typed out my thoughts along the lines of "next time both players can agree to doff our hats and agree to pistols at dawn." Bloody morons.

I actually laughed out loud at that!

It's insane! I probably sound way more sensitive than I am but that's why I prefer Garden Warfare. It's really hard to get aggro when you've just been killed by a smiley sunflower and the kill cam shows her skipping away through a battlefield. Well, a "battlefield".

I actually laughed out loud at that!

It's insane! I probably sound way more sensitive than I am but that's why I prefer Garden Warfare. It's really hard to get aggro when you've just been killed by a smiley sunflower and the kill cam shows her skipping away through a battlefield. Well, a "battlefield".

I cannot imagine getting mad in a game like that; there is too much niceness and colour to it all!

Wazzy

Banned
I'm so upset right now because I just had to deal with the loss of my other ferret a couple months ago and now I think my other one is going to have to be put down. :(

She's old and lost a huge amount of weight recently because she wouldn't eat her food so we started to feed her chicken which thankfully she ate but she's now blind and is wobbling when she walks. She can barely poo and pee without it getting all over her meaning we have to bathe her every day and that irritates her.

I'm going to be taking her to the vet soon but I just really hate how unexpectedly this happened and yet I should have been prepared because she's lived a long time. She was my first ferret so this makes the whole thing even harder.

I don't want to put her down if we can manage her but I don't want her to suffer either. Ugh. :(

Leeness

aaaa kayla *____* such a pretty name :>

LRRRR is the best though <3 ha ha~

pls send my hugs to lrr. and here's a dog that made me laugh like stupid at work today

Dog videoooooo. :3

I hope she's okay :( at least she's not in pain! She looks a lot like my dog. Which breed is she?
I'm trying to figure out how to even pronounce Lrr >< .

She's a mutt haha. She is definitely part mini schnauzer and I think the breeder said she was also part Jack russel, but we never believed her lol. Two small breeds don't make a large dog. We always though she was mini schnauzer/black lab or something.

Lrr. Pretty much just "ler" lol. It came from us calling her "Kayler" lol.

I am glad Kayla is doing okay. At the age of 15 an anaesthetic would be very risky.

What colour and texture is the lump?

I don't know, it freaks me out so I just don't pet her near it. ._. It's under the fur. But my mom's dog trainer friend says its just an old dog fatty lump. I guess it's just gotten big enough to effect her walking. :(

My doggy is thirteen and he limps here or there during the cold, but every time I bring him to the vet to get it checked out they say he's in perfectly good shape. It could just bee arthritis.Hopefully Kayla feel better and it's just the winter effecting her.

Yeah she got pretty stiff last winter too. It gets pretty cold. I'm hoping it will get a bit better though she still doesn't seem to be in pain and is pretty happy (when I was there, she was following me around, limping, wagging her tail, and I told her to lie down but she just kept following anyway). Even if she can't use that leg well, hopefully she'll get used to three legs. :( I guess until it becomes painful for her, it will just be what its gonna be.

-----

Wazzy noooo, I hope your ferret will be okay :(

I'm so upset right now because I just had to deal with the loss of my other ferret a couple months ago and now I think my other one is going to have to be put down. :(

She's old and lost a huge amount of weight recently because she wouldn't eat her food so we started to feed her chicken which thankfully she ate but she's now blind and is wobbling when she walks. She can barely poo and pee without it getting all over her meaning we have to bathe her every day and that irritates her.

I'm going to be taking her to the vet soon but I just really hate how unexpectedly this happened and yet I should have been prepared because she's lived a long time. She was my first ferret so this makes the whole thing even harder.

I don't want to put her down if we can manage her but I don't want her to suffer either. Ugh. :(

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( I'm so sorry Wazzy, I hope she gets better! Hopefully it's something they can fix rather than put down for. How old is she?

Wazzy

Banned
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( I'm so sorry Wazzy, I hope she gets better! Hopefully it's something they can fix rather than put down for. How old is she?

Oh no :( So sorry, Wazzy. *hugs* Hope it turns out to be treatable!

Wazzy noooo, I hope your ferret will be okay :(
Thanks everyone and I've got some semi good news! I've been at the vet for 4 hours now and they've done a few checks and said that she seems healthy but might be losing weight due to stress and irritation so they hydrated her, have some pain shots(she got a little sick and diarrhea'd a lot so she was dehydrated) and rubbed sugar and Vaseline to lower swelling on her bum. She's super angry because she has a cone and was trying to bite at her tail. xD

I'm just so relieved it's something positive for once and not the bad mixed news of considering to put her down as one of the first suggestions.

Thanks everyone and I've got some semi good news! I've been at the vet for 4 hours now and they've done a few checks and said that she seems healthy but might be losing weight due to stress and irritation so they hydrated her, have some pain shots(she got a little sick and diarrhea'd a lot so she was dehydrated) and rubbed sugar and Vaseline to lower swelling on her bum. She's super angry because she has a cone and was trying to bite at her tail. xD

I'm just so relieved it's something positive for once and not the bad mixed news of considering to put her down as one of the first suggestions.

I am so pleased; I was thinking of your ferret last night after reading your message. What is her name?

It is awful when animals are ill; if only they could tell you it would help so much in a diagnosis and treatment.

Wazzy

Banned
I am so pleased; I was thinking of your ferret last night after reading your message. What is her name?

It is awful when animals are ill; if only they could tell you it would help so much in a diagnosis and treatment.
Thank you and her name is Lily! :)

I'll post a picture of her when I can and yeah it would be way better if they could diagnose problems more easily. There was so many potential issues but at least many were confirmed to not be her problem. Vets are so expensive too. :(

Thank you and her name is Lily! :)

I'll post a picture of her when I can and yeah it would be way better if they could diagnose problems more easily. There was so many potential issues but at least many were confirmed to not be her problem. Vets are so expensive too. :(

What a lovely name. I look forward to seeing Lily.

I have first-hand experience of vets' bills. The mark up on medicine is obscene for one.

It is holding an animal's life at a ransom due to the extortionate pricing.

wazzaaa, so relieved to hear that lily has got the vet's good assessment!

it's so stressful when our pets fall ill ;__;

===

online gaming and driving generates the most incredibly ridiculous level of aggression known to humankind, for some reasons

:x

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Glad to hear it!

---

Saw the new Hunger Games today. Katniss Everdeen is such a great character. There was an advert before it started for the "Nerf Rebelle" which is basically a pink bow and arrow. I'm kind of glad that we're seeing more murder toys for girls but also a bit frustrated that it's pink. Katniss wouldn't use a pink one! I guess it's just to make sure it doesn't threaten anyone.

/perpetually angry at gendered society

I'm sick right now. :(
On the plus side it's making me appreciate the little things. Does anyone else agree that the feeling of sheets against your skin when the room is slightly warm and the sheets are slightly cool is the best in the world? Especially after a hot shower or bath.

I feel like I could lay here for all eternity.

Sooogoood.jpg

http://www.snopes.com/business/market/legoletter.asp

My respect for Lego just jumped through the roof. That was in the 1970's! Sometimes it really feels like we're regressing.

My parents always used to buy me "girl" toys and I always wanted to play my brothers Nintendo and Legos. I wish they would have seen this when I was little.

Except for Skydancers which were the shizzznit. Best toy confirmed.

Speaking of books, you ladies should read a Confederacy of Dunces. You'd think it was about a GAFFER if you didn't know better.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
My parents always used to buy me "girl" toys and I always wanted to play my brothers Nintendo and Legos. I wish they would have seen this when I was little.

Except for Skydancers which were the shizzznit. Best toy confirmed.

Speaking of books, you ladies should read a Confederacy of Dunces. You'd think it was about a GAFFER if you didn't know better.

That book is sat on one of our shelves in the back room. Is it good then?

I absolutely loved LEGO. In fact I wouldn't mind playing with it now.

It inspires a lot of good traits such as creativity, reading/following instructions, imagination.

I always had stuff like this when I was young including video games. I was never one for dolls.

iirate

All I wanted to do as a kid is draw. I would play videogames with my mom, sister, and sometimes friends, but the rest of the time with friends and practically all of my alone time was spent drawing until high school.

Thought I'd dust off the bass and get some practice in. Changed from regular picking to finger picking. Feels so odd having 4 fingers to work the strings instead of just a guitar pick. The resulting recording session was rough as fuck due to unfamiliarity with the technique. Fine for general fast picking, but rapid strumming kills me, I spaz out and switch back to strumming up and down, kills my speed and momentum because of it, also kills my timing too as I switch between each technique depending on the part of the song.

http://picosong.com/4Xxw/

There's a link for those of you who'd like a geg. Recording is messed up though, slowly gets louder for some reason.

Top Bottom