• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I guess it has something to do with how women are treated in the GTA series. It kind of feels like, as a woman, i'm not supposed to like it or something. I can't say i'm really bothered by it though, it's just a game after all. So guilty pleasure might not be the right way to describe it.

That said, a GTA game with some badass female lead could be pretty awesome i think.

I have never given it much thought. I have a memory like a sieve so I cannot recollect anything outwardly bad.

I always thought everyone, whatever gender, ends up being treated badly in GTA...

I feel like I should get Dragon Age, but then I already have this new COD and like 5 Alpha games that might be real games by now that I need to beat.

Kimaka

I lost faith in the dragon age franchise completely. played the heck out of the first one but after that ...meh.

I was like that after DA2, but I'm in it for the long haul as long as they keep referencing events from DA:O. I mostly want to try Inquisition to see how my Warden's choices affected the world and to see NPCs from Origins. If it weren't for that, I don't think I would want to play it so badly. I don't think Inquisition is going to be awful or anything. There's just no way from the streams I've watched, but I still lament not getting a proper Origins sequel.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
OK CyanideFuse, it's growing on me! I finally killed my arch nemesis Pugrish the Steady by finding out he was vulnerable to ranged attacks and then hiding and arrowing him in the head as much as possible very quickly! It's also not as easy as I thought it was. You can't just run up to a Warchief and hope for the best, can you?

I've never played a Dragon Age before but it just sounds really cool. And to be able to have queer relationships in a AAA game...maybe finally I'll be able to have a character I can actually relate to! 😄

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hello. What's everyone playing these days?
Dark Souls II on PC, and Lords of the Fallen on the PS4 which I just very recently bought (had a decent sale on Amazon recently, PS4 + Last of Us remastered [digital] + a free game for the standard price of a standalone PS4).

LotF is decent so far. People calling it Souls-lite are pretty spot-on. Combat isn't as precise or methodical, I think, and the story/lore/character suck, I really wish it had a character creator instead of that awful generic bald white male whose ugly face they plaster all over the product, but the environments, the dungeons exploration, the combat and looting is pretty fun.

OK CyanideFuse, it's growing on me! I finally killed my arch nemesis Pugrish the Steady by finding out he was vulnerable to ranged attacks and then hiding and arrowing him in the head as much as possible very quickly! It's also not as easy as I thought it was. You can't just run up to a Warchief and hope for the best, can you?

I've never played a Dragon Age before but it just sounds really cool. And to be able to have queer relationships in a AAA game...maybe finally I'll be able to have a character I can actually relate to! 😄

Make sure you get intel on the captains and warchiefs. It will make life a lot easier as it will show their strengths and weaknesses.

A lot of intel is found out in the field on normal enemies (denoted by a green icon). You grab them then interrogate them and get intel.

Lol, glad to read i'm not the only one. GTA V was with ease my favourite game of 2013. Guilty pleasure indeed.

Why is it a guilty pleasure? I f-ing loved the game and it was my favourite game of 2013.

I cannot wait for the PC release in January. New hardware should help make it even better and I am intrigued by the first person camera mode.

I call it a guilty pleasure because it's one of those games that is the status quo in the industry and for years have been pelleted on for women rights, extreme violence, "a leading cause for video game reality based crimes", etc. I never had an issue with it, and loved the game existence since GTA 3 (GOAT). Idk, I've gotten shit for playing it because I'm a girl but hey I love it.

I've actually had fun younger killing prostitutes and taking back my money after screwing them...so yeah lol.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I call it a guilty pleasure because it's one of those games that is the status quo in the industry and for years have been pelleted on for women rights, extreme violence, "a leading cause for video game reality based crimes", etc. I never had an issue with it, and loved the game existence since GTA 3 (GOAT). Idk, I've gotten shit for playing it because I'm a girl but hey I love it.

I've actually had fun younger killing prostitutes and taking back my money after screwing them...so yeah lol.

lol it's okay my youngest sister and I play them just to kill everyone and generally be a horrible person. Although she doesn't bother with any of the missions at all and just goes and wrecks havoc, but we've never gotten any shit for it though so I find that a bit odd.

DA1 was AMAZING. DA2... was one of the biggest letdowns. TBH, I couldn't even FINISH the gameI was so disappointed. I'm really hoping DA3 finishes strong. If not, I'll just pretend DA1 was a standalone game :D

Obligatory picture of my Chromebook:

Yz1glEb.jpg

aw how cool :D

lol it's okay my youngest sister and I play them just to kill everyone and generally be a horrible person. Although she doesn't bother with any of the missions at all and just goes and wrecks havoc, but we've never gotten any shit for it though so I find that a bit odd.

I usually just scope out some nice spots and then go ham. Put in the weapon codes and start a massacre until 5 stars pop up. Then I go out in a blaze of glory.

It is a bit weird to get crap for it but I did. Eventually I was in fuck off mode and didn't care what people think. GTA is and will always be GOAT for me. I'm a hardcore R* fan anyways lol.
---

So I just bought my first Mac ever and received it today! With that being said, for those who do have a mac, what is a good website I can find amazing Mac Skins?

Wazzy

Banned
I've been addicted to Warcraft III and Starcraft II. D:

I really need to go buy Starcraft since I loved it when I was younger.

Kimaka

Dragon Age has been really good about trying to cater to and represent LGBT people. It is not perfect, but they have been improving. Since 2, they have been able to have the same amount of options as straight people.

DA1 was AMAZING. DA2... was one of the biggest letdowns. TBH, I couldn't even FINISH the gameI was so disappointed. I'm really hoping DA3 finishes strong. If not, I'll just pretend DA1 was a standalone game :D

Obligatory picture of my Chromebook:

Yz1glEb.jpg

Time creeps up!

& yeah, did you learn it from the Shirtgate thread? lol. TBH I was really surprised when the guy pointed out my avatar as even close to being similar to what happened. Like... context dude.... context. Oh well.

That is awesome. Is that Grey Warden sticker custom made?

Also, I missed out on the WoW talk so "For the Alliance!"
humans can suck it tho

Wazzy

Banned
SC2 fellow fan <3333333333333

Which race Wazza plays???????? :D

I stayed up until 3 AM last night playing Forza D:

I haven't actually played online yet! I'm doing Terran campaign at the moment which I'm almost done. :D

Also this is separate but because you brought up race I kind of miss playing WoW. :( Used to be my MMO jam.

everyone was WoW-ing, it seems. I so missed out ;___;

Im also in the middle of the Terran campaign but I havent touched it in a long time :< I should get back to it hauuuuuuu

Im a ZERG at heart though >:D

Was Wazza Alliance of Horde in WoW??? :3

Wazzy

Banned
everyone was WoW-ing, it seems. I so missed out ;___;

Im also in the middle of the Terran campaign but I havent touched it in a long time :< I should get back to it hauuuuuuu

Im a ZERG at heart though >:D

Was Wazza Alliance of Horde in WoW??? :3

If I were to pick a race I might be Protoss but Zerg is so much fun to play as.

I was Horde! Male Tauren :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Wazuki/simple

I haven't looked at my character in awhile lmao

Leeness

Y'all, my doggy is old and started limping today. I really hope she recovers. I don't think I can deal with it when the time comes... :(

Jv4J9Cx.jpg

:( I hope so too. She is really old though, so I know it won't be super long now. :( I'm starting to feel sick everytime I think about it.

;___; shes so precious <3 what a beautiful dog !

i totally understand how you feel, leeness. my dog is still quite young, he's coming up to 6 in two weeks time but I'm already sometimes crying when I think his time will come

;___;

hope it will still be a good while for you and your doge <3

Wazzy

Banned
Y'all, my doggy is old and started limping today. I really hope she recovers. I don't think I can deal with it when the time comes... :(
I'm sorry to hear that :( my dog that passed away last year had both her back legs go. We didn't put her down but instead she whined when she needed to go to the bathroom so we carried her and helped her go.

As long as you're prepared to help your doggy out, limping shouldn't be an issue until it affects more than just her leg. Also make sure she's not injured!
Another one of you -_-
Are you an Alliance player? D:

Leeness

;___; shes so precious <3 what a beautiful dog !

i totally understand how you feel, leeness. my dog is still quite young, he's coming up to 6 in two weeks time but I'm already sometimes crying when I think his time will come

;___;

hope it will still be a good while for you and your doge <3

I hope so too. :( I haven't dealt with a dog death before and I know I'm going to need help with it. I don't deal well with things like this...

I'm sorry to hear that :( my dog that passed away last year had both her back legs go. We didn't put her down but instead she whined when she needed to go to the bathroom so we carried her and helped her go.

As long as you're prepared to help your doggy out, limping shouldn't be an issue until it affects more than just her leg. Also make sure she's not injured!

:( The thing is is that she's a fairly big dog (50-60lbs?) and it's mostly my mom that is around all day, who can't lift her without hurting herself, so it's a problem... She is still happy right now other than limping (and when I was leaving tonight, she was trying to put more pressure on it), so I'm hoping she just got an ouch and will be okay in a couple of days.

But she's old enough at this point that surgery isn't really an option, even taking her to the vet would be difficult (putting her in the van, etc.). So...it just is. :(

Bleh... It makes my heart hurt. :(

suzu

:( I hope so too. She is really old though, so I know it won't be super long now. :( I'm starting to feel sick everytime I think about it.

She looks really cute. I hope she gets better!

My old dog's back legs were the first to go too. He was a labrador (and I'm a weakling) so I had to kinda hold him up on his legs until he was steady enough and then help him hobble around.

Kimaka

Jv4J9Cx.jpg

I'm sorry about your dog. :( I hope she feels better soon.

If I were to pick a race I might be Protoss but Zerg is so much fun to play as.

I was Horde! Male Tauren :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Wazuki/simple

I haven't looked at my character in awhile lmao

Sup, fellow balance druid. Boomkins are the best.

Time creeps up!

& yeah, did you learn it from the Shirtgate thread? lol. TBH I was really surprised when the guy pointed out my avatar as even close to being similar to what happened. Like... context dude.... context. Oh well.

Yeah :p
That was a little bit weird (is it common gaf knowledge the photo is you?)... speaking of, I checked back at the thread just then and saw this post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139239487&postcount=1864
I can't. Omg. I just can't.

And RE: DA2, I liked the improved conversation and combat system stuff but that point where I realised that that tiny tiny section going into the mines was the only time I'd get out of that boring ass city was so depressing ;.;

Wazzy

Banned
Yes m'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Join my lonely team already!

Ohhh not an Alliance fan lol

Only race I really like from them is Worgen who I still think should have been Horde. :p

I'm sorry about your dog. :( I hope she feels better soon.

Sup, fellow balance druid. Boomkins are the best.

I was actually better as healer druid but I think I switched to balance for leveling. Boomkin is awesome, though. :D

I might actually go back and play but the only thing I need to figure out is how mount transfer will apply. As long as all my mounts transfer over, I'm going to make a new account for my character so I can play with my brother.

Aww :(

I hope she recovers! Hold strong sistren :)

She will always love you <3

-----

Talking about WOW, sadly, this kid who I was talking to a while back bought me the entire set even with the expansion packs and I never got into it. It was just...boring. I was a causal runescape player and at the time I was just falling out of love from MMORPG's. I've always wanted to play it too, until the comedown kicked in. Now I have the whole set, which I was suppose to play with him, locked in my closet untouched. Sad :( I would sell it, but it was a gift and I don't sell those.

I've always wanted to try Starcraft though

Starcraft multiplayer is frustrating. But the campaign is fun. If you can handle the 90's graphics, play the first one and Brood War.

Heart of the Swarm is great because Kerrigan is such an absolute HBIC

suzu

I still haven't played Starcraft II, cuz I'm waiting for Legacy of the Void so I can go through all the campaigns in one go.. also the protoss are my favs. lol

I used to play the multiplayer a bit when I was younger (along with a ton of Warcraft 3), but now I'm old and bad at video games~

soepje

I played that game so much back in the nineties. Great game. Loved playing the zergs back then and so far i think they are still the best. I played the first one again a few years ago, still one of the best games ever made.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I hope so too. :( I haven't dealt with a dog death before and I know I'm going to need help with it. I don't deal well with things like this...

:( The thing is is that she's a fairly big dog (50-60lbs?) and it's mostly my mom that is around all day, who can't lift her without hurting herself, so it's a problem... She is still happy right now other than limping (and when I was leaving tonight, she was trying to put more pressure on it), so I'm hoping she just got an ouch and will be okay in a couple of days.

But she's old enough at this point that surgery isn't really an option, even taking her to the vet would be difficult (putting her in the van, etc.). So...it just is. :(

Bleh... It makes my heart hurt. :(

:( it's so awful when an animal is not well. Hope everything is ok (as it can be, at least). Xx

I've never actually played starcraft, but I do love watching Day 9.

SDPB83Z.gif

If I have free time honestly I usually just spend it playing DOTA. Any other moba fans in girlgaf?

SDPB83Z.gif

If I have free time honestly I usually just spend it playing DOTA. Any other moba fans in girlgaf?

Day 9 is a very fun caster :> I'm a Tastosis regular though :>

GOOD LUCK WITH EXAM TOO SHANSHAN~

aaaaaah such beautiful days this week. i dont wanna be at work ;___;

Day 9 is a very fun caster :> I'm a Tastosis regular though :>

GOOD LUCK WITH EXAM TOO SHANSHAN~

aaaaaah such beautiful days this week. i dont wanna be at work ;___;

I've honestly only seen those guys when they hosted the MLG, are they still doing that? Have you heard this song? It's so catchy :3

omg best feeling \ o / hope you aced it! <3

oh i used to watch tastosis religiously when they were hosting the GSL :> not sure about them still doing MLG sorri~

aaa will check song later at home, im at work right now and they arent allowing youtube access :<

Kinsei

Banned

SDPB83Z.gif

MOBA's look way too stressful for me. Trying to learn a game while knowing that other people are relying on me is not the kind of stress I enjoy.

iirate

MOBA's look way too stressful for me. Trying to learn a game while knowing that other people are relying on me is not the kind of stress I enjoy.

This is how I've always been. Pretty much every gamer friend or family member I know plays, but learning the genre is really stressful to me.

Jv4J9Cx.jpg

How is your dog? What is her name?

The limping might just be achy bones / muscles. What is the temperature like where you are? Age brings about stiffness of joints / tissue such as rheumatism.

She might have pulled something. Sometimes the most innocuous things such as just walking or getting up can end up pulling a muscle.

Top Bottom