• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

someday

Banned
Hello. What's everyone playing these days?

It sounds so MMO in here! I don't know how I could do it. Destiny nearly ruined my life I got so addicted to it.
I am still playing Destiny daily... It is seriously screwing with my classes and I can't stop. If you ever see me online feel free to join. I have a mic but I never wear it when I'm solo. We can talk or not. I'm easy.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The only MMO I have been playing recently is DCUO, and I have no idea what I'm doing in that. It has Kevin Conroy's voice in it though, so I keep coming back. :p

I recently got back into Destiny. I'm trying to get beyond a 24 and it's really hard. I need better gear, but I keep ending up with shitty gear that's worse than what I currently have. :-(

It's so random, isn't it? You just have to keep playing and keep hoping.

The Last of Us. Again.

I'm basically just killing time until Dragon Age.

Last of us is great though. I keep meaning to go back to finish my second play through but it's so intense and I need to hear the game to stay alive - and I like listening to music!

I'm probably going to get Dragon Age too. ill probably trade in Mordor as I just can't get into it.

I am still playing Destiny daily... It is seriously screwing with my classes and I can't stop. If you ever see me online feel free to join. I have a mic but I never wear it when I'm solo. We can talk or not. I'm easy.

It's scary, isn't it? Since I got a character to 30 I don't feel quite as addicted any more, but I'm still levelling an alt. Kind of scared about the DLC, I like sleep!

Sure about playing! Time difference is a bit of a pain cause I'm in the UK, but ditto for me. I do just play half an hour to an hour here and there these days though, either PvP or levelling my alt.

Stop playing bad MMOs!
This is why City of Heroes was shut down ;__;

Destiny is not an MMO. it's a shared world shooter 😜

I don't even have Destiny yet woe.

Going to have to wait until it's on sale for the PS3 (because fuck subbing to Xbox live gold just to play a game)

It'll go on sale soon right?

Probably! It's sold so many copies already. Do you mostly play MMOs? I'm not sure what you'll make of it. My friend is a long time WoW player and loves Bungie, but she found the MMO bits of Destiny really underdeveloped.

Anastasia

It's so random, isn't it? You just have to keep playing and keep hoping.

At this point I think I'll just have to grind and buy fancy gear from vendors, which is really lame. After spending a lot of time on a high level strike, I would expect to get *something* good, but nope. It's one of the biggest criticisms I have against the game. Destiny still finds a way to pull me back in, though.

Kinsei

Banned

It sounds so MMO in here! I don't know how I could do it. Destiny nearly ruined my life I got so addicted to it.

I've been playing Binding of Isaac : Rebirth and Painkiller: Black Edition. I also finished Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric last night. The reviews are accurate.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I've been playing the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, The Walking Dead Season 2, and replaying Bayonetta 2 in-between all that. Productive time in games for me right now. o:

TERA was my last addiction that I got into. Then I went back to some old graphic adventure games... and then went back to Halo 3, ... and now playing Forza Horizon 2

I wanna get my paws on MCC but currently dying in NaNoWriMo

:D

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Naw, not mostly. I play a ton of different games (really enjoyed Half Life and Halo 1), Last of Us, Amnesia, Bioshock, Portal, etc

I dislike the 'realistic war' games and sports games, but otherwise I'll play just about anything if it grabs me.

Ah, sorry! I didn't mean to presume. I'd like to play Bioshock one day. Portal is amazing. I love that game.

I've been playing Binding of Isaac : Rebirth and Painkiller: Black Edition. I also finished Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric last night. The reviews are accurate.

Hehe. I love your avatar btw! I am slightly obsessed with Toads and Toadettes.

I've been playing the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, The Walking Dead Season 2, and replaying Bayonetta 2 in-between all that. Productive time in games for me right now. o:

Bayonetta 2 is incredible isn't it? I've played it through on 1st and 2nd Climax and in the last third of 3rd Climax. I feel like I should be bothered by the objectification, but it hasn't affected me at all. How did you find it?

TERA was my last addiction that I got into. Then I went back to some old graphic adventure games... and then went back to Halo 3, ... and now playing Forza Horizon 2

I could never do NaNoWriMo - it took me 5 years to finish my first project and that was just about 30 pages of weird words and collage!

Um, just to answer my own question :D I'm playing Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2. I keep trying out games on the PS4 but nothing is really clicking with me. I thought I'd like Shadow of Mordor but I'm really not and it makes me sad. So I picked up Garden Warfare (it's like £12 on the UK PSN at the moment) and am having some fun with that.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Bayonetta 2 is incredible isn't it? I've played it through on 1st and 2nd Climax and in the last third of 3rd Climax. I feel like I should be bothered by the objectification, but it hasn't affected me at all. How did you find it?

I was pretty fine with it but I had no problem with the first game either since I kinda see her as a cool older lady kicking some heavenly/hellbound butt with all the sass hell has to offer. (Also the gameplay is just really satisfying once you got things going.) I've probably had more problems with some scenes in Lollipop Chainsaw concerning Juliette and her teacher which were kinda irksome and played off as jokes.

Um, just to answer my own question :D I'm playing Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2. I keep trying out games on the PS4 but nothing is really clicking with me. I thought I'd like Shadow of Mordor but I'm really not and it makes me sad. So I picked up Garden Warfare (it's like £12 on the UK PSN at the moment) and am having some fun with that.

Yeah after watching Kat play Shadow of Mordor it's more of a $5 Steam sale thing to me since it looks really unremarkable besides the nemesis system. On the PS4 front I've been co-oping Natural Doctrine with a friend from time to time, but I probably won't have stuff for me to regularly play till December with Guilty Gear Xrd with nothing till March for Bloodborne. The Last of Us didn't really resonate with me as much as it did for a lot of people so attempting to replay that has been a bit hard although I do enjoy the story a bit.

omg that shirtstorm thread :x

all the men that came in yelling that "the shirt is not a big deal because i say so"

XD;;;;;;;;;;;

sometimes just got to shake head and laugh at gaf, i guess :x

Kimaka

Currently, Prison Architect. It is so addicting. I didn't realize how long I was playing it yesterday until I looked at the clock and suddenly it was 2am.

Oh, god. I don't even want to think about Nanowrimo. I haven't written anything in a week.

Currently, Prison Architect. It is so addicting. I didn't realize how long I was playing it yesterday until I looked at the clock and suddenly it was 2am.

Oh, god. I don't even want to think about Nanowrimo. I haven't written anything in a week.

i have 6k to write today only to catch up to the benchmark x___x

dying rn x___x

Kimaka

i have 6k to write today only to catch up to the benchmark x___x

dying rn x___x

I'm afraid to calculate how many words I am behind. I'll deal with that tomorrow when I'll definitely try to catch up. I'm doing very important research on my character's appearance by creating them in the Sims.

I'm afraid to calculate how many words I am behind. I'll deal with that tomorrow when I'll definitely try to catch up. I'm doing very important research on my character's appearance by creating them in the Sims.

oh, you got your priorities straight o7 that is one important research, indeed <3

(is it the sims 2 or 3? i love the sims *____*)

Kimaka

oh, you got your priorities straight o7 that is one important research, indeed <3

(is it the sims 2 or 3? i love the sims *____*)

The Sims 4 CAS demo. The Sims 3 faces are too hard for me to manipulate into different looking characters and 2 doesn't have enough color options without tons of mods.

someday

Banned

all the men that came in yelling that "the shirt is not a big deal because i say so"

XD;;;;;;;;;;;

I've sort of been avoiding Off-topic for a bit but decided to check the thread out. Your post on the second to last page was amazing btw.

The Sims 4 CAS demo. The Sims 3 faces are too hard for me to manipulate into different looking characters and 2 doesn't have enough color options without tons of mods.

Aaaaah!! Yes, of course. I forgot about 4 *_____*

I went to 3 but then went back to 2, for some reasons. Im going to have to get 4 later ..... maybe after NaNo.... x____x

So many games .... not enough hours :x

is 4 fun to make chars in???

I've sort of been avoiding Off-topic for a bit but decided to check the thread out. Your post on the second to last page was amazing btw.

aaa thank you haha <3

Kimaka

Aaaaah!! Yes, of course. I forgot about 4 *_____*

I went to 3 but then went back to 2, for some reasons. Im going to have to get 4 later ..... maybe after NaNo.... x____x

So many games .... not enough hours :x

is 4 fun to make chars in???

aaa thank you haha <3

It is fantastic. I'm sad about create a style getting axed because matching clothing is a hassle but sculpting the faces with a mouse instead of sliders is more efficient. It is easier to create sims the way I picture them in my mind. You should try the demo.

I'm still waiting for a price drop until I get 4. I played it on a friend's computer and, while I liked the creation tools, I didn't care for the gameplay.

Dice//

Banned
I want to play Destiny, I won't lie, only because a girl I work with plays it and I'm in sore need of IRL female gamer friends that have been absent my whole life.

I always find those stats that say that the guy/girl gamer gender ratio is evening out.... I seriously don't know where these girls are at.

XD;;;;;;;;;;;

Honestly... is it so hard to think why a woman wouldn't stay silent about that? Offensive or not, there's commentary in there that so many just waive off.

I started Sunset Overdrive.... Stopped. Went back to playing NBA2K15 full time.... Stopped... For coming Tuesday when GTA5 will dominate my life again.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
We're all too damn sensitive or something like that.

I don't know. I saw that thread, read the first couple pages, and went fuck it. Not dealing with this shit today. NOTHING WILL MESS UP MY VIBE, BITCHES.

I don't read those threads. My skin is waaaayyyy too thin for that. I mean, I got depressed reading that insane thread about the PS4 on gaming side. I'm probably too sensitive for GAF as a whole! I just stick to one or two threads. Good on people who go and talk sense though, I just couldn't read all the rubbish, it affects my mood.

I started Sunset Overdrive.... Stopped. Went back to playing NBA2K15 full time.... Stopped... For coming Tuesday when GTA5 will dominate my life again.

I watched a stream of it yesterday (I've never seen a stream before or played it (my last one was GTA umm 1), it looked really impressive. It's that or Dragon Age for me. I'm kind of burned out on violent games at the moment, but when I feel bloodlust again I'm looking forward to it :)

someday

Banned
I got sucked back into Call of Duty...

I'm holding out until Black Friday to buy it, but I will buy it soon. It's tradition for me to beat the story on Veteran. I'll check out the multi as well but after so much Destiny I wonder if it'll be way too fast for me now.

I'm holding out until Black Friday to buy it, but I will buy it soon. It's tradition for me to beat the story on Veteran. I'll check out the multi as well but after so much Destiny I wonder if it'll be way too fast for me now.

I always beat the campaign on Veteran to just knock out all the lesser achievements along with the ones for Veteran. Plus, it helps you with the feel of dying in HC TDM.

someday

Banned
I always beat the campaign on Veteran to just knock out all the lesser achievements along with the ones for Veteran. Plus, it helps you with the feel of dying in HC TDM.

You know, I play so cautiously and smart when I do the campaigns. But the moment I hit multiplayer I play like a chicken with my head cut off. All the stuff I did before goes out the window and I'm running out in the open, not checking corners, guns blazing and dying a lot. Maybe I should try HC more often. It would force me to play smarter.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139112761&postcount=408

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.

No shame at all. JesusFChrist.

Anyway...I've been living in Draenor (that's WoW). See y'all in another week.

DISGUST! THANK GOODNESS FOR THE MODERATION STAFF TO EVISCERATE THAT TRASH!

I don't read those threads. My skin is waaaayyyy too thin for that. I mean, I got depressed reading that insane thread about the PS4 on gaming side. I'm probably too sensitive for GAF as a whole! I just stick to one or two threads. Good on people who go and talk sense though, I just couldn't read all the rubbish, it affects my mood.

I watched a stream of it yesterday (I've never seen a stream before or played it (my last one was GTA umm 1), it looked really impressive. It's that or Dragon Age for me. I'm kind of burned out on violent games at the moment, but when I feel bloodlust again I'm looking forward to it :)

Giiiiiiirrrrllll! I know GTA has had its issue with women rights and stuff but it's just one of those games that is such a guilty pleasure, I can't help it. It's my favorite game in the world. I just love the sandbox nature of it. I like violent games, but I'm fairly balance. my go to game is a basketball title lol, don't feel bad.

I shouldn't blow $60 on that right now so I'll be living vicariously through the spoiler thread. I planned on renting it but my 360 finally decided to give up on me. :(

:( Its time for the black friday sale sis.

So far Dragon age has been slaying for me....unfortunately, my characters face was not slaying looks. She came out so ...weird.

soepje

Giiiiiiirrrrllll! I know GTA has had its issue with women rights and stuff but it's just one of those games that is such a guilty pleasure, I can't help it. It's my favorite game in the world. I just love the sandbox nature of it. I like violent games, but I'm fairly balance. my go to game is a basketball title lol, don't feel bad.
Lol, glad to read i'm not the only one. GTA V was with ease my favourite game of 2013. Guilty pleasure indeed.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I haven't really played a GTA since San Andreas I might give V a whirl when it comes to PC though. I found IV really boring and dropped it pretty early on.

What didn't you like with Shadow of Mordor? I haven't finished the game but have put in 27 hours. I just couldn't help getting involved in massive fights all the time; there is so much invention you can put into combat. It is a shame you couldn't get into it; probably best game of 2014 for me with Wolfenstein close behind.

Lol, glad to read i'm not the only one. GTA V was with ease my favourite game of 2013. Guilty pleasure indeed.

Why is it a guilty pleasure? I f-ing loved the game and it was my favourite game of 2013.

I cannot wait for the PC release in January. New hardware should help make it even better and I am intrigued by the first person camera mode.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
DISGUST! THANK GOODNESS FOR THE MODERATION STAFF TO EVISCERATE THAT TRASH!

I don't mind a bit of violence in a game now and again! I'm just burned out because my last few games have all been pretty bleak.

What didn't you like with Shadow of Mordor? I haven't finished the game but have put in 27 hours. I just couldn't help getting involved in massive fights all the time; there is so much invention you can put into combat. It is a shame you couldn't get into it; probably best game of 2014 for me with Wolfenstein close behind.

I've not given up on it yet! I'm going to try and see it through before I sell it, and it is growing on me a bit, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It could just be that it's still too early on (I'm about 7 hours in and have just
found out who the wraith is, and reunited the human ally with his wife
) but I'm just finding the combat a bit slow. It could just be that I'm jumping from something like Bayonetta 2 to something which is more slow paced and about the world. I would like to find Pugrish the Steady though. That guy keeps finding me and killing me and I want revenge!

I've heard that it opens up more the further you get into it, is that right?

I don't mind a bit of violence in a game now and again! I'm just burned out because my last few games have all been pretty bleak.

I've not given up on it yet! I'm going to try and see it through before I sell it, and it is growing on me a bit, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It could just be that it's still too early on (I'm about 7 hours in and have just
found out who the wraith is, and reunited the human ally with his wife
) but I'm just finding the combat a bit slow. It could just be that I'm jumping from something like Bayonetta 2 to something which is more slow paced and about the world. I would like to find Pugrish the Steady though. That guy keeps finding me and killing me and I want revenge!

I've heard that it opens up more the further you get into it, is that right?

You level up and get more abilities. I feel like a one person fighting machine now.

I can understand the pacing feeling slow compared to Bayonetta however. It is probably hard to adjust from the frantic speed of Bayonetta to the slower more methodical style of Mordor.

soepje

Why is it a guilty pleasure? I f-ing loved the game and it was my favourite game of 2013.

I cannot wait for the PC release in January. New hardware should help make it even better and I am intrigued by the first person camera mode.
I guess it has something to do with how women are treated in the GTA series. It kind of feels like, as a woman, i'm not supposed to like it or something. I can't say i'm really bothered by it though, it's just a game after all. So guilty pleasure might not be the right way to describe it.

That said, a GTA game with some badass female lead could be pretty awesome i think.

Top Bottom